Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
when it comes to buying amiibos; it seems to me that people are more like rats on a sinking ship than they are interested in helping each other out. buy as many as you can, and then brag about it much to the dismay of everyone else. it says a lot about someone who would rather screw over someone else to make $20. that's just sad.
I doubt most people would resell for $20 instead of pleasing people they don't know. If you're selling these, you're either trying to make extra bucks on the side to pay for XYZ, wanting to sell it to pay for something else, or simply don't want it anymore and rather sell than return it.

I doubt most people would resell for $20 instead of pleasing people they don't know. If you're selling these, you're either trying to make extra bucks on the side to pay for XYZ, wanting to sell it to pay for something else, or simply don't want it anymore and rather sell than return it.
yeah, people are buying as many as they can to resell and make money, albeit not very much. i don't care what they are doing it for. i'm saying that it sucks for people who actually want the item to have the item. i hope that these things become ubiquitous in the near future so that everyone gets one at MSRP and that people who scalp them are left with a bunch of profitless plastic and no people to sell to.

yeah, people are buying as many as they can to resell and make money, albeit not very much. i don't care what they are doing it for. i'm saying that it sucks for people who actually want the item to have the item. i hope that these things become ubiquitous in the near future so that everyone gets one at MSRP and that people who scalp them are left with a bunch of profitless plastic and no people to sell to.
One day. As w/ all fads, this will wither away. Would just be easier for Nintendo to produce more but we all know how Nintendo handles stock.

One day. As w/ all fads, this will wither away. Would just be easier for Nintendo to produce more but we all know how Nintendo handles stock.
i completely agree, Nintendo is short supplying these thing to great success. Low supply; great demand. I'm just hoping that after this great publicity and demand, they decide to sate the appetites of everyone and re-release all the amiibos so that everyone that wants one, can get one. And can get one for $12.99. Create interest and demand now in limited supply; re-release them all later and maximize profit. Win-Win.

It does strike at the heart of it though. At this point in time we only have toon link and maybe sheik that can't be sold at over MSRP. That creates powerful incentive to purchase as much as you can. Why buy one megaman when you can buy 3? Even if you can't trade it you can easily find someone willing to pay buy it off you for at least MSRP and shipping

when it comes to buying amiibos; it seems to me that people are more like rats on a sinking ship than they are interested in helping each other out. buy as many as you can, and then brag about it much to the dismay of everyone else. it says a lot about someone who would rather screw over someone else to make $20. that's just sad.
I think it really depends on the community -- here seems to be pretty prevalent with people buying more than 1 and bragging about it whereas other forums I've found people going out of their way to pick up one someone else may need just to be a friendly and helpful human being. There's no rule that everyone has to look out for others, but it's refreshing and rewarding for all when they/we all do ;)

i completely agree, Nintendo is short supplying these thing to great success. Low supply; great demand. I'm just hoping that after this great publicity and demand, they decide to sate the appetites of everyone and re-release all the amiibos so that everyone that wants one, can get one. And can get one for $12.99. Create interest and demand now in limited supply; re-release them all later and maximize profit. Win-Win.
I do agree that there will be some reprints and these will be more readily available in the future, but it's not like they can have healthy amounts of every single character available at all times. The stores simply don't have enough space for all of them.

I'm really interested in how these will look in a few months time or even a years time.

Nintendo are freaking genius's. Gotta love their hustle. Even with the scalpers and bs...they're making billions. They don't give out enough stock and the demand for it is crazy. Sold out in minutes with every retailer. So far I've been lucky and been able to get one of each (mostly thanks to this forum). Only missing Villager, Ike and Dedede now. Managed to get pre-orders on the rest or got my hands on 'em. Also, some food for thought...not everyone that is a great amiibro or amiigo are going to share their stories on forums. I've seen it happen in store where someone will give up the amiibo they wanted to give to a kid next to 'em. Or let people with disabilities cut in line so they have a better chance of getting their amiibo. Just 'cause all we're seeing primarily are douches/scalpers buying up all the stock doesn't mean there aren't great people out there. :) Let's stay positive and keep trying. 

I rarely see people helping each other around here. You want to change the status quo? Great, then start hooking people up and post about it. No one around here has ever done anything nice for me and I've asked a few of times.

Nintendo are freaking genius's. Gotta love their hustle. Even with the scalpers and bs...they're making billions. They don't give out enough stock and the demand for it is crazy. Sold out in minutes with every retailer. So far I've been lucky and been able to get one of each (mostly thanks to this forum). Only missing Villager, Ike and Dedede now. Managed to get pre-orders on the rest or got my hands on 'em. Also, some food for thought...not everyone that is a great amiibro or amiigo are going to share their stories on forums. I've seen it happen in store where someone will give up the amiibo they wanted to give to a kid next to 'em. Or let people with disabilities cut in line so they have a better chance of getting their amiibo. Just 'cause all we're seeing primarily are douches/scalpers buying up all the stock doesn't mean there aren't great people out there. :) Let's stay positive and keep trying.
Lol they arent making billions...this will be their first profitable year in the last 5 years and their profit is expected to be like 500 million which was less than they anticipated.

I rarely see people helping each other around here. You want to change the status quo? Great, then start hooking people up and post about it. No one around here has ever done anything nice for me and I've asked a few of times.
One person offered a trade 1 to 1 here, other than that another offered to sell 4 of them which I did end up taking that offer. There are some really good people here. I still have multiples that I really need to trade off to people for ones that I need. Only ones I need at the moment are the hard to get ones. Ike, Meta Knight, Shulk. I have an order in for Shulk for 5/1 and Ike I have an order in from Target. I have 1 Caption Falcon, 2 Rosealina, 1 King Dedede, and 1 Sonic (Had box damage) for trade. The only problem is that my Father has the 1 King Dedede and 1 Sonic at his house as I called him and he picked them up not knowing my GF Mother got them for me too. I am picking those two up this weekend but have no idea their condition. Hopefully perfect because my father knows how I am, but who knows where he put them.... Other than that I always offer to trade.

Reggies law got me again.
I was watching a movie when MK popped up. Oh well, that's what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass, Larry.

Also, that 20/20 video was fantastic. Well done!

Wow, Toysrus actually had Lucario today. Managed to get the last one. Turning out to be a pretty big weekend. Beginning with securing a Shulk in 3rd wave preorders last Thurs. Then Ike, Sonic, Megaman at Target.com last Friday, and Meta Knight and Lucario today. Of course, then there was also MM 3dsxl last fri. Now all I need is the King!!! Come on King Dedede

Wow, Toysrus actually had Lucario today. Managed to get the last one. Turning out to be a pretty big weekend. Beginning with securing a Shulk in 3rd wave preorders last Thurs. Then Ike, Sonic, Megaman at Target.com Friday, and Meta Knight and Lucario today. Of course, then there is also MM 3dsxl on fri. Now all I need is the King!!! Come on King Dedede
Where is MM 3ds xl on Friday?

Not that it matters as I'll be stuck at work...

Do you guys think Meta Knight will be available again? Possibly on release day?
i don't think they will. Bestbuy doesn't have a history of releasing sold out items again on release day like target does. Maybe there will be a few minute glitch again but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

One person offered a trade 1 to 1 here, other than that another offered to sell 4 of them which I did end up taking that offer. There are some really good people here. I still have multiples that I really need to trade off to people for ones that I need. Only ones I need at the moment are the hard to get ones. Ike, Meta Knight, Shulk. I have an order in for Shulk for 5/1 and Ike I have an order in from Target. I have 1 Caption Falcon, 2 Rosealina, 1 King Dedede, and 1 Sonic (Had box damage) for trade. The only problem is that my Father has the 1 King Dedede and 1 Sonic at his house as I called him and he picked them up not knowing my GF Mother got them for me too. I am picking those two up this weekend but have no idea their condition. Hopefully perfect because my father knows how I am, but who knows where he put them.... Other than that I always offer to trade.
That's cool. I'm glad to hear some people are having good experiences. I've encountered a number of cheapasses that think they are overpaying when you have to add $4 shipping to something. You know, the cost. Like the seller is supposed to sell them something at cost and then shoulder the shipping charge as well. Half the people here literally have zero experience using the post office.

In fact, just yesterday there was some nutjob on here trying to argue with everyone that a guy was supporting scalpers by buying a Little Mac and King Dedede for $15 each because it was more than retail. He argued tooth and nail till the end and still couldn't admit that he was wrong. Just a couple days ago there was another guy asking over and over if we think Sonic would be rare. He "missed out" on buying him even though he was present as Sonic kept going up for sale on Target.com because he choose not to pay the few dollars shipping. Get the red card and shipping is free dude, not our problem. Last week one guy offered to sell his extra Foxes for $20 shipped and a bunch of people jumped down his throat for no reason at all, accusing him of profiting off of others. People are clueless. There are a lot of spoiled children on here, and very few members are helpful. I wish it were different in that regard. This forum just is what it is, and that's discussing updates on Amiibo availability.

Almost died on my way to Walmart a hour ago to get some diapers for my nephew. While I was there, I swung by the rack only to find 2 Sheiks, I snagged one and hid the other and alerted the folks on my local Amiibo hunt sub reddit. I feel stupid for not knowing Walmart sold Amiibos $0.10 cheaper than everywhere else.

Almost died on my way to Walmart a hour ago to get some diapers for my nephew. While I was there, I swung by the rack only to find 2 Sheiks, I snagged one and hid the other and alerted the folks on my local Amiibo hunt sub reddit. I feel stupid for not knowing Walmart sold Amiibos $0.10 cheaper than everywhere else.

That's cool. I'm glad to hear some people are having good experiences. I've encountered a number of cheapasses that think they are overpaying when you have to add $4 shipping to something. You know, the cost. Like the seller is supposed to sell them something at cost and then shoulder the shipping charge as well. Half the people here literally have zero experience using the post office.

In fact, just yesterday there was some nutjob on here trying to argue with everyone that a guy was supporting scalpers by buying a Little Mac and King Dedede for $15 each trying to argue that it was more than retail. He argued tooth and nail till the end and still couldn't admit that he was wrong. Just a couple days ago there was another guy asking over and over if we think Sonic would be rare. He "missed out" on buying him even though he was present as Sonic kept going up for sale on Target.com because he choose not to pay the few dollars shipping. Get the red card and shipping is free dude, not our problem. Last week one guy offered to sell his extra Foxes for $20 shipped and a bunch of people jumped down his throat for no reason at all, accusing him of profiting off of others. People are clueless. There are a lot of spoiled children on here, and very few members are helpful. I wish it were different in that regard.
All honesty I don't know how scalpers even make money on at $12.99 + Tax figure. Most sell at $30 on eBay. You figure shipping costs and eBay fee and they made what $5? I just don't get it why not just pass on doing it all together?

This all reminds me of the Wii launch and how hard it was to find any store with stock on hand... and then, once you got your Wii... it took a great amount of effort to find any Wii remotes and nunchucks... it took over a year for supply to finally catch up with demand.

They can manipulate the market all they want, all I know is that if I don't get a Ness amiibo this spring, heads will roll!

This would make sense and make the release more comparable to Rosalina.
Wish it was released on a weekend. I don't mind standing out in the cold as I pretty much grew up outside because of my Father. The entire weekday stuff really hurts the people that have a standard 9-5.

All honesty I don't know how scalpers even make money on at $12.99 + Tax figure. Most sell at $30 on eBay. You figure shipping costs and eBay fee and they made what $5? I just don't get it why not just pass on doing it all together?
Everyone buys with the intent to flip and then realizes 'oh yeah that's right, I have no idea what I'm doing. I actually don't know how to sell stuff on the internet or how much it costs'.

Yes, it would be nice if people who have no idea what they're doing would stop buying up the extras and shorting the supply.

Most don't. At $30 and you charging for shipping you're going to make maybe $10, that's not bad but the big money comes in the rarer ones, Rosalina pre-orders were going for $60, Shulk for $100+ if you sold it from NW weeks before launch and the list goes on. The main allure is the fact that you'll never lose money on these things. I could order 20 megaman amiibos with no fear because unless we hit a diddy kong lke situation, I stand to be able to make back my cost and maybe $5 per amiibo. That's powerful incentive to resell or hold and see if they go up in value.

Everyone buys with the intent to flip and then realizes 'oh yeah that's right, I have no idea what I'm doing. I actually don't know how to sell stuff on the internet or how much it costs'.

Yes, it would be nice if people who have no idea what they're doing would stop buying up the extras and shorting the supply.
COGS man, COGS.

Nintendo is actually quite smart for this. They limit supply of a select few amiibo's. Resellers, scalpers, people who actually want it, etc. go out and buy those. When "everyone else" see's that a few ones are OOS and can't be found anymore, they go out and pre-order every single one. Even one's they don't really want. Nintendo just got orders from people who originally wouldn't want a character but now does b/c it might not be back in stock.

It's no different than what companies do with limited editions. They sell out and people hear about how you can't find XYZ product. It generates word of mouth advertisement (which is free) and people settle with the standard.

I blame Nintendo for this but at the end of the day, they are making more money limiting stock than they would have if it was widely available.

It does strike at the heart of it though. At this point in time we only have toon link and maybe sheik that can't be sold at over MSRP. That creates powerful incentive to purchase as much as you can. Why buy one megaman when you can buy 3? Even if you can't trade it you can easily find someone willing to pay buy it off you for at least MSRP and shipping
check amazon.com for TL and sheik then press free shipping which is prime. People are paying more than MSRP for them. The only one that still sells for MSRP is bowser. ( This current wave)

So I got 2 Sheik when Target broke street date... I was so excited then to have trade fodder, but I guess I should just return the extra one now.
I did the same with Fox...but i missed the return date. Now I have 2 Fox I will just leave in a box forever and give them to friends if they want them for free lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back