Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw Fox at two different Gamestops today. The associate I talked to told me every Gamestop in their district received a couple today.  Not sure if this trend is national. I grabbed one even though I already own him, I'm going to try and trade him locally first for a wave 3 figure. If that fails I might be able to trade on the forums if anyone is interested. 

I mean swapping phone numbers for text alerts, specifically. I check the amiibo subreddit and here constantly, but neither place can ring my phone when I'm asleep to alert me of a fleeting pre-order window.
Ya I know best thing to do is just find some people in your area, who are real CAGs, and just look out and chat with one another... One of mines send me a text about meta knight with link if I wasn't sleep I would of been set. I didn't think I needed help at first but the hunt is real

Saw Fox at two different Gamestops today. The associate I talked to told me every Gamestop in their district received a couple today. Not sure if this trend is national. I grabbed one even though I already own him, I'm going to try and trade him locally first for a wave 3 figure. If that fails I might be able to trade on the forums if anyone is interested.
Where are you located? If you snag one, PM me and I'll get him from ya.

On my drive home I figured I may as well check out my Best Buy. It's been about 3 days so I was overdue lol. So I casually walked in and checked out the section. Still a couple Toon Links and Bowsers. I saw 3 Sheiks all hiding behind one of the carrying bags. Yeah what? Someone was trying to hide them or the employee who stocked was trolling the amiibo hunters.

But as I left I saw one of the managers I've talked to before and simply gave him the hey yo nod and said "Meta Knight on the 20th right?"

He confirmed it but said don't wait too long or it's gonna be a bloodbath for all the others releasing.

My body is ready for Friday the 20th. A date that will live in amiibo infamy!

On my drive home I figured I may as well check out my Best Buy. It's been about 3 days so I was overdue lol. So I casually walked in and checked out the section. Still a couple Toon Links and Bowsers. I saw 3 Sheiks all hiding behind one of the carrying bags. Yeah what? Someone was trying to hide them or the employee who stocked was trolling the amiibo hunters.

But as I left I saw one of the managers I've talked to before and simply gave him the hey yo nod and said "Meta Knight on the 20th right?"

He confirmed it but said don't wait too long or it's gonna be a bloodbath for all the others releasing.

My body is ready for Friday the 20th. A date that will live in amiibo infamy!
I plan on being there 2 hours early haha!

So, Best Buy shipped my Sonic Amiibo and Majora Mask 3ds XL from Ohio. Apparently UPS sent it to Louisville, KY and now it might be delayed because of the weather. Seems like it would be smarter to ship it to another are near me that isnt being hit by snow lol.

So, Best Buy shipped my Sonic Amiibo and Majora Mask 3ds XL from Ohio. Apparently UPS sent it to Louisville, KY and now it might be delayed because of the weather. Seems like it would be smarter to ship it to another are near me that isnt being hit by snow lol.
Sadly that's not how it works but just be happy your mm n3dsxl shipped

...Why haven't we implemented this already? Partner up with someone on the opposite sleep schedule as you, and never miss another pre-order window. Any earlybirds want to join this night owl's amiibo watch?
I've got late night/early morning on lock down if anyone that normally hunts during the day wants to team up.

Also for whatever this is worth I was at BB tonight getting a GCU and had an employee check on Meta Knights for me. I was able to see the stock for a lot of stores in N.California. Most had under 10. I don't remember a ton of the exact #'s though since I had no plans to hit the other stores however one stood out and it was Merced, CA with 20, and I'm pretty sure I saw Roseville, CA had 12 (not 100% certain, I know 1 Sacramento area store had 12 and it wasn't Arden). For anyone that knows how their computer system is those #'s were all on the far left column. I asked about pre-orders and the guy told me those were separate and the #'s I saw were how many would be available on Friday.

He also said at his store it would be first come, first serve with no tickets given out and that the amiibos would be at the display not up front or at CS or anything like that. Hopefully he is wrong otherwise it is going to be even more of a nightmare. Again this is just what an employee told me while I was there so it may or may not be 100% accurate.

I've got late night/early morning on lock down if anyone that normally hunts during the day wants to team up.

Also for whatever this is worth I was at BB tonight getting a GCU and had an employee check on Meta Knights for me. I was able to see the stock for a lot of stores in N.California. Most had under 10. I don't remember a ton of the exact #'s though since I had no plans to hit the other stores however one stood out and it was Merced, CA with 20, and I'm pretty sure I saw Roseville, CA had 12 (not 100% certain, I know 1 Sacramento area store had 12 and it wasn't Arden). For anyone that knows how their computer system is those #'s were all on the far left column. I asked about pre-orders and the guy told me those were separate and the #'s I saw were how many would be available on Friday.

He also said at his store it would be first come, first serve with no tickets given out and that the amiibos would be at the display not up front or at CS or anything like that. Hopefully he is wrong otherwise it is going to be even more of a nightmare. Again this is just what an employee told me while I was there so it may or may not be 100% accurate.
Display? So actually on shelf with the other Amiibos? Ugh. That means no civil orderly line up or anything. Just straight up madness.

tumblr_inline_n3y5u5OlBj1qf6i04.gif

Display? So actually on shelf with the other Amiibos? Ugh. That means no civil orderly line up or anything. Just straight up madness.

tumblr_inline_n3y5u5OlBj1qf6i04.gif
Yep on the display in the amiibo area, that's what I was told, take it for whatever it's worth. I have no idea if that is standard policy or just what 1 store is doing. Hopefully they don't end up doing that.

Yep on the display in the amiibo area, that's what I was told, take it for whatever it's worth. I have no idea if that is standard policy or just what 1 store is doing. Hopefully they don't end up doing that.

TRU was bad enough this last Friday. We had a nice line that everyone respected, until 5 minutes before opening. Guy creeps closer to door and when they open doors like stays except he skips me. I was 5th in line. I made sure to pass him right before CS counter.

I have a feeling for MK if they are on display, late comers are runners and they will make a mad dash to the back. Which would be really annoying.

If ppl line up there should be a suggested ticketing system and not just a stock item as usual mentality.

Ideally I'd like it like my TRU and target and have them at electronics counter or CS. It helps keep things fair.

But I suppose it being a retail store running to the back when you've literally showed up when the doors open is fair game but frowned upon

Our TRU has given out tickets to people that are in line first and then those people can go back to their cars as it has been really cold in Ohio. They did this for the release of Lucario and on 2/13 for the release of the remainder of wave 3B. Even though they only received 4 Lucario and 3 each of wave 3B.

#1)

Grabbed two of the baseball bat cases at my local Michaels today and thankfully was able to maneuver them into my car and into my home without falling over on the ice. I'm thinking of designing some appropriate background designs to put in the back of the case, as having the figures in just a black case seems boring. Thoughts on what BGs would be good for the lot?
Been debating about how to display mine too, not sure what your skills with photoshop are, but you could probably make a nice panorama scene with blended backgrounds of each character and place that as the background... either that or just get some panorama shots of "smash" backgrounds.

I saw a post on Twitter (or maybe Reddit?) the other day that had a glowing "amiibo" light and then sheets of white metal peg-board below it, I think I'm gonna try for that. Not sure where to get the lighting, but can probably have it custom made I guess.

#2) Here's an interesting article on the investors meeting -- thought this article did a better job of explaining some of what was said. While I HATE the card thing and think that Nintendo misses it entirely if they think people are buying amiibo because of what they unlock primarily (its not that, its because we want cool figures of Nintendo characters!), it seems like they are likely going to re-print characters and public-outcry seems to have a part in that. So maybe reaching out to Nintendo/NOA/NOE etc. can help with that?

...Why haven't we implemented this already? Partner up with someone on the opposite sleep schedule as you, and never miss another pre-order window. Any earlybirds want to join this night owl's amiibo watch?
This is a really good idea actually. I'm up at 6:30 EST every morning for work idk if that's early enough But I'm all for a good way to work together on these things

I wouldn't mind cards, but I would only want certain ones after I have a figure so I could have a secondary read/write source for certain games. They are a nice addition, but N needs to understand the can't replace figures.

I will pick up extra ike, Dedede, fox, mega (if possible) etc for those looking. I will sell at cost plus s&h. In the past CAGs complained about paying more than msrp. I am not eating s&h. I would trade as well b/ the ones I need are the uncommon wave 1s. I will post what I find.

I will pick up extra ike, Dedede, fox, mega (if possible) etc for those looking. I will sell at cost plus s&h. In the past CAGs complained about paying more than msrp. I am not eating s&h. I would trade as well b/ the ones I need are the uncommon wave 1s. I will post what I find.
Dibs on Ike! Though I'll be out early on the 20th hopefully getting one from Best Buy, I just have a feeling it'll be ugly.

When I waited in line at TRU the other day people were grabbing more than one of each to hand to their buddies behind me and shit. Whack.

so what, this means that the re-release everyone's expecting is going to be in card form?
Yeah who knows, they have confirmed it is in the works and according to this article they will be out this year...so it could definitely impact any types of real amiibo re-releases.

Hopefully they continue launching new characters as figures as well and don't start making just cards for some of the remaining characters to be released in the smash brothers set. 

I'm still waiting for a way to pre-order Wave 4. 

I would assume the cards are intended for 3DS(the reader accessory will probably be especially designed for this) and the hot figures will be plentiful ...eventually. I don't think the fuck ton of money they made is going to take their focus away from figures, unless they're stone cold stupid.

Wow, the "custom amiibo" craze is really getting out there -- I like the custom tails/knuckles/amy that this guy is "selling" (well, technically it looks like he/she is giving them away for free with the purchase of a $300 Sonic Amiibo, probably due to legal issues). 

Makes me hopeful that we'll see more amiibo outside of the Smash/SMB series just to have some more cool figures!

My guy at Gamestop was confused when I called him about Fox, he said they havent seen them come in for a long time.  I need me one, I hope they get a random resupply.

Wow, the "custom amiibo" craze is really getting out there -- I like the custom tails/knuckles/amy that this guy is "selling" (well, technically it looks like he/she is giving them away for free with the purchase of a $300 Sonic Amiibo, probably due to legal issues).

Makes me hopeful that we'll see more amiibo outside of the Smash/SMB series just to have some more cool figures!
Besides the printed back cards, I think he is just gluing already made figures to the pedestals. I swear those figures are from Kmart clearance when you bought a sonic game you got a figure free.

Ugh, amiibo cards confirmed...and somehow I dont see this US chart being accurate, Little Mac no where to be found yet all other countries he is at or near the top

630x.jpg

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/card_format_amiibo_confirmed_to_be_heading_our_way_this_year
Yeah, there's no way that's correct. Little Mac would have to be near the top of the U.S. chart as well since it's sell-through rate would have to be 100% just like all of the other amiibos at the top of that list through Captain Falcon. I have a hard time believing that Link has a higher sell-through rate than Rosalina and Fox. I have a feeling that Little Mac should be in the "Link" position and someone just made a mistake.

I would assume the cards are intended for 3DS(the reader accessory will probably be especially designed for this) and the hot figures will be plentiful ...eventually. I don't think the fuck ton of money they made is going to take their focus away from figures, unless they're stone cold stupid.
I don't think they're making the "fuck ton of money" that you think they are off of the figures. They probably have a slim profit margin hence why they're considering the cards at all.

Your post reeks of ignorance.

I don't think they're making the "fuck ton of money" that you think they are off of the figures. They probably have a slim profit margin hence why they're considering the cards at all.

Your post reeks of ignorance.
So plastic figures with nfc chips priced at 12.99 have a slim profit margin?!?!

You can check your negativity and ignorance at the door. Go read the investor notes and educate yourself before blasting other cags.

You can check your negativity and ignorance at the door. Go read the investor notes and educate yourself before blasting other cags.
Why would they switch to cards if that weren't the case?

After re-reading your reply, I'm not even sure that you know what profit margin is.

I remember when I used to check CAG periodically throughout the day/week to find/share some good deals, chat about games, or Amazon.com-credit earning flips... now I pretty much only check this thread... what have we become?

i am guessing he is talking about retailers not nintendo, nintendo is charging more for those figures to retailers than disney and activision, one of many reasons stores have low stock or none, and why some are already stopping doing business with them, most likely their contract was through wave 4 so after that some will stop selling them because of nintendo high base price and refusal of production

Why would they switch to cards if that weren't the case?

After re-reading your reply, I'm not even sure that you know what profit margin is.
They are not switching to cards. They are producing cards in addition to the Amiibos. The cards are to make up for the missing functionality of rare figures that cannot be found at retailers.

They are not switching to cards. They are producing cards in addition to the Amiibos. The cards are to make up for the missing functionality of rare figures that cannot be found at retailers.
I guess that will make us sealed collectors much happier cuz we won't ever have to open the figures unless we want to display them (out of their prisons) and can just carry around a bunch of cards like it was the 5th grade or something ;) They just better not make it anything like their Kid Icarus Uprising Cards

Here's a weird idea, how about simply manufacturing more product. Y'know to actually sell to the demand.

I guess that will make us sealed collectors much happier cuz we won't ever have to open the figures unless we want to display them (out of their prisons) and can just carry around a bunch of cards like it was the 5th grade or something ;) They just better not make it anything like their Kid Icarus Uprising Cards
Cards come in sealed booster packs with shiny variants and everyone has 50 kirbys. I can see it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back