Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Just hit Best Buy and Toys R Us to find nothing. Just Sheiks, Toon Links and Bowser. Meh.. was really hoping to find a Lucario since I heard that some stores stocked them. The guy working there said they got some in the other day and sold out fast. 

Now.. guess I'll be heading back Friday. I went today because the girl at Best Buy looked Mega Man up on the computer and said they'd all be out today. She was wrong so just wasted gas. Yay.. 

I think cards is a great idea. They will make a fine addition to the Amiibo line-up. Now I'll be able to buy a single figure and supplement it with cards for additional games. The issue of having only one save per figure will no longer matter. Great thinking Nintendo!

Just hit Best Buy and Toys R Us to find nothing. Just Sheiks, Toon Links and Bowser. Meh.. was really hoping to find a Lucario since I heard that some stores stocked them. The guy working there said they got some in the other day and sold out fast.

Now.. guess I'll be heading back Friday. I went today because the girl at Best Buy looked Mega Man up on the computer and said they'd all be out today. She was wrong so just wasted gas. Yay..
They are out in the sense that they got their stock. It's just street dated for Friday

Here's a weird idea, how about simply manufacturing more product. Y'know to actually sell to the demand.
That's not how Nintendo operates and it's actually pretty smart. Instead of having tons of stock unsold, they stick to their production plans and they don't deviate in most cases. If they sell out, they made their money.

Hmm.  Call my closest Toys R Us and they had ONE Lucario.  I dont think I can drive an hour for that chance though, probably sold before I got there.  He wouldnt hold it for me unfortunately.

I called my TRU and their shipment is delayed until tomorrow due to the weather in the North East. I think I'll show up when they open and see if I get get a Lucario.

If you give me your local TRU store number, I'll try and check stock for the area on whatever amiibo. I'll be around unti 5.

Edit: Please PM me. I'll get to you in order that way and it'll save the thread. Also, don't be too greedy with my time, I'll skip over you for the one or two look up people, I'm doing this at work.

All of my Amiibo are open, but I would still consider having cards for anything I wanted to take around with me. I mostly wanted the figures for display, and that would allow me to set up a better display since I wouldn't have to move them much. But it all depends on cost.

[quote name="Diabhalla" post="12508848" timestamp="1424191081"]If you give me your local TRU store number, I'll try and check stock for the area on whatever amiibo. I'll be around unti 5.[/quote]

5607 - any dedede?

I guess that will make us sealed collectors much happier cuz we won't ever have to open the figures unless we want to display them (out of their prisons) and can just carry around a bunch of cards like it was the 5th grade or something ;) They just better not make it anything like their Kid Icarus Uprising Cards
I told them the e-reader would make a comeback! I TOLD THEM ALL! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!

the frys off brokaw in san jose, ca just got a shipment of amiibos in. Like 30 bowsers, 20 toon links, and 2 sheiks.

when i saw them open the box of amiibos, i got so happy thinking they might have mega man or king DDD.....but it was all for not :-({|=

Looking over Wave 4 and I think the only one I want is Charizard. I am feeling pretty confident that one will be around for a little while. Fingers crossed for no store exclusives on that one.

I think cards is a great idea. They will make a fine addition to the Amiibo line-up. Now I'll be able to buy a single figure and supplement it with cards for additional games. The issue of having only one save per figure will no longer matter. Great thinking Nintendo!
if nintendo charge $1 or $2.50 Per card I will pick up and keep physical figure sealed

You have to realize that they cannot sell cards for 12.99 so you shouldn't base the profit margin off that price. I have no idea how they are gonna sell these cards though. Individually? Randomized booster packs?

Figures are cheap to make. These amiibos aren't exactly high quality, without the nfc chip, they probably sell for 5 dollars.

On their end the cards make much more sense. They would have a higher profit margin
That's assuming that the majority of your audience is currently purchasing the Amiibo figures for the actual intent of using them in the games they were designed for. Obviously I have no data to back this up but I would feel safe in betting that most people don't even care they work in games and are just buying them because they are Nintendo figures (and obviously you have the scalper situation as well who have no intent on even keeping the product in question) Nintendo seems to be leaning on the "our fans want these for use in the games!" side of the fence but considering all of the questionable actions Nintendo has taken over the years, it could just be another wrong assumption on its part. As if Wave 4 wasn't going to be chaos to begin with, now with people knowing they won't actually be making more figures and they will be replaced by cards once they are gone, it's going to be like The Purge out there.

godofwar7, on 17 Feb 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:
You have to realize that they cannot sell cards for 12.99 so you shouldn't base the profit margin off that price. I have no idea how they are gonna sell these cards though. Individually? Randomized booster packs?

Figures are cheap to make. These amiibos aren't exactly high quality, without the nfc chip, they probably sell for 5 dollars.
Booster packs. Each pack gives you ONE random rare amiibo card that does something and 2 uncommons like Toon Link or Sheik. The other 10 cards are either randoms that does nothing or Link, Mario, Peach, Zelda etc.

Villager, Marth and Mac will be holos while Fox and Captain Falcon will be a normal semi holo rare.

Booster packs. Each pack gives you ONE random rare amiibo card that does something and 2 uncommons like Toon Link or Sheik. The other 10 cards are either randoms that does nothing or Link, Mario, Peach, Zelda etc.

Villager, Marth and Mac will be holos while Fox and Captain Falcon will be a normal semi holo rare.
Ugh Amiibo Pokemon cards...nooooooo! ;)

Ugh Amiibo Pokemon cards...nooooooo! ;)
Id actually kind of like that if thats how it was done from the start. I love collecting cards. They would be easier to produce and find, however the retail ones would all be random packs. I do enjoy collecting though so Id be pretty into buying and trading.

nissanfan64, on 17 Feb 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:
Id actually kind of like that if thats how it was done from the start. I love collecting cards. They would be easier to produce and find, however the retail ones would all be random packs. I do enjoy collecting though so Id be pretty into buying and trading.
Wasn't there a statistic that only 900 or so Charizard was made ever? I remember reading that in a Nintendo power. 15,000 Blastoise and like 12,500 Vena.

The problem with that idea would be the NFC chip inside each card. Yes, you could feasibly do a 13 card booster pack, but those chips are going to jack up the price of printing, especially since it means the cards will have to be at least 3 layers bonded together to hide the chip inside, if the go the hidden route.

My best bet for a 13 card booster pack would probably be a price point if $15-20, considering that Nintendo and the company selling it both need to churn a profit on these

They can sell them for whatever they want to sell them for. Whether or not the consumer buys them at that price is another thing. I wouldnt be surprised if people try to get both the figure and the card. Its another collectible after all.

I edited my post but I'll say it here for anyone I didn't get to, PM me! Not too many amiibo/stores, I'll skip to the next and go back to you. At TRU until 5.

Presales can be sold on friday (store development decision) and numbers may be off.

I edited my post but I'll say it here for anyone I didn't get to, PM me! Not too many amiibo/stores, I'll skip to the next and go back to you. At TRU until 5.

Presales can be sold on friday (store development decision) and numbers may be off.
Thanks for the info!

Wasn't there a statistic that only 900 or so Charizard was made ever? I remember reading that in a Nintendo power. 15,000 Blastoise and like 12,500 Vena.
Not true at all. Charizard was just as rare as Blastoise and Venusaur, just a lot more in demand, which created false scarcity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back