Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
My Nippon-Yasan Rosalina and Grooves.de Lucario (x2) arrived today.  All in excellent condition.  Shipping was two weeks for Grooves.de, and three weeks for Nippon-Yasan (cheapest shipping option).

The problem with that idea would be the NFC chip inside each card. Yes, you could feasibly do a 13 card booster pack, but those chips are going to jack up the price of printing, especially since it means the cards will have to be at least 3 layers bonded together to hide the chip inside, if the go the hidden route.

My best bet for a 13 card booster pack would probably be a price point if $15-20, considering that Nintendo and the company selling it both need to churn a profit on these
You never know. My view of the endgame is that they do something like the Disney Infinity power discs which are 2 for $5. The thing with cards is that you can easily get a more robust benefit system going along with the possibility of limited or holographic versions of regular cards.

In the right conditions it may work wonders. Imagine in PAD came out with card support where basic cards got you coins and rarer cards got you rarer monsters or monsters with established awakening skills etc. Japanese people would go nuts for the prospect of getting rare monsters or even booster pack only monsters

i wasted hundreds of dollars on dumb pokemon cards. i regret it.
Yep, thankfully I got out of them after the 2nd set (jungle). I ended up finding them a couple years ago and sold quite a few on ebay since I had several 1st editions. Man, the different editions, holographics, and all that shit...no thanks. I kinda hope they start doing all cards at some point so I don't have to collect all the figures :). As long as they finish out SSB, I am good.

Has anyone had their Toys R Us make-up order ship? I haven't heard anything since the original mea culpa email. I got 2 Lucarios, but no indication that they're shipping or backordered or anything. And they haven't charged my Paypal account either. I was hoping to get Lucario that way along with one to trade.
TRU processed their eBay store orders first.

Just got home from my part time work at Best Buy. I can confirm most stores are showing additional MetaKnights on the way. With the status these orders are in however, some stores may not receive them by opening Friday.

Ugh, sorry for the double post. Might as well use the area for something though: Take this with a grain of salt because the CS reps probably don't know anything but I emailed Best Buy because I was worried about my Meta Knight preorder (my Sonic shipped out very late) and he assured me that this character was not going to be as rare. Maybe he was looking at warehouse totals but he probably just said anything to assuage my concerns. 

Score.  Snagged the ONE Fox my Gamestop got in.  Now have all of wave 1 minus the three rares.  Guy said they only had one come in and it was mixed in with Disney figures for some reason.  Confused him when he opened the box.

Wasn't there a statistic that only 900 or so Charizard was made ever? I remember reading that in a Nintendo power. 15,000 Blastoise and like 12,500 Vena.
I would highly doubt that. There's no way I had the kind of luck it would have taken to get 1 of 900 1st edition Charizards; plus, I had a friend who had one too. Really can't imagine 900 in the US and two of them ended up in the same elementary school.

I'm thankful I sold my card a few months after I got it - ended up getting over $400 on eBay. That was a lot of money to a fifth grader!

I would highly doubt that. There's no way I had the kind of luck it would have taken to get 1 of 900 1st edition Charizards; plus, I had a friend who had one too. Really can't imagine 900 in the US and two of them ended up in the same elementary school.

I'm thankful I sold my card a few months after I got it - ended up getting over $400 on eBay. That was a lot of money to a fifth grader!
Yeah I remember selling one of mine for $100 to a fellow student, the kid basically starving himself for a month's worth of lunch money to get it. I feel sorry for all those hobby stores though

Wasn't there a statistic that only 900 or so Charizard was made ever? I remember reading that in a Nintendo power. 15,000 Blastoise and like 12,500 Vena.
I know I'm being nit-picky and off topic here, but I like how you typed out Blastoise and shortened up Venusaur; when "Blastoise" actually contains more letters than "Venusaur".

Just sayin'.

Mixer23, on 17 Feb 2015 - 3:47 PM, said:
I know I'm being nit-picky and off topic here, but I like how you typed out Blastoise and shortened up Venusaur; when "Blastoise" actually contains more letters than "Venusaur".

Just sayin'.
Got lazy near the end. It'd be odd if I started of Char, Blast and then Venusaur.

Mixer23, on 17 Feb 2015 - 3:47 PM, said:

Just sayin'.
Got lazy near the end. It'd be odd if I started of Char, Blast and then Venusaur.

Trying to catch up on everything, has gamestop gotten Ike, mega, sonic or dedede? Didn't see it mentioned but I'm not sure how many pages I missed.

Trying to catch up on everything, has gamestop gotten Ike, mega, sonic or dedede? Didn't see it mentioned but I'm not sure how many pages I missed.
I haven't gotten called about picking my preorder up yet last time I was in there they said this week should be sonic and mega man no news on ike and dedede

Yeah, those numbers can't be true. I saved a bunch of cards from when I was a kid and sold a 1st edition charizard on Ebay last year for a very nice chunk of change . Sold a bunch of first edition holographic cards that were only worth money because they had the little first edition stamp on them. The rest weren't worth anything.

At the time I also purchased an entire booster box of first edition packs. Ended up holding onto it and then selling the sealed carton a few years later to the shady Shinder's card store for $400 cash. I was in college and needed money badly. God knows how much money I could have made if I knew how to sell online back then.

For those in the NYC area, there are a couple of Toon Link at the Toys R Us at College Point / Whitestone location in Queens. Was just there 30 minutes ago.

Just got my Ike/Sonic/Mega Man from target today, all I'm missing from Wave 3 is the King, hopefully he goes up again this week.
Were these three from when they went on sale on Target.com for a short period of time? I was charged for my order for Ike and given a tracking number but the number does not show anything at all. It just states tracking info not available.

Ike, Dedede, etc that I mentioned earlier were gone by the time I went back to TRU. Going forward I will grab one extra to sell at msrp plus s&h to help out other CAGs. I felt guilty not purchasing last night b/c of the scalper talk. I'm just trying to help folks out.

Ike, Dedede, etc that I mentioned earlier were gone by the time I went back to TRU. Going forward I will grab one extra to sell at msrp plus s&h to help out other CAGs. I felt guilty not purchasing last night b/c of the scalper talk. I'm just trying to help folks out.
You are my hero. I would do the same if any of my stores ever had stock of anything but mario/peach

Ugh, amiibo cards confirmed...and somehow I dont see this US chart being accurate, Little Mac no where to be found yet all other countries he is at or near the top

630x.jpg

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/card_format_amiibo_confirmed_to_be_heading_our_way_this_year
I wonder if importers had a significant impact on other countries charts. Almost everything on the EU chart is an amiibo folks in this thread have imported.
Yeah my guess is because there weren't even enough Macs here to make the top of the list haha. Like somebody else said it's probably from all of the people importing from other regions.

the chart is the sell through rate though, not the popularity so it doesn't matter how many little macs were sold, it's about the percentage.

Amazon.IT has Dedede, Mega Man, and Sonic available currently. Limit 2 per customer of each
ha i bet those are all my dedede's. I had an order for 10 dedede's on amazon.it and they changed it to 1 at 7:45am this morning. 8:30am they're back on sale. Wish they would have changed it to 2 which is the limit, now i'm paying $15 shipping for 1 $15 item.

Is amiibo performance correlated with rarity? NW is going to host an amiibo tournament, curious if the guy with the villager amiibo is gonna clear house

Managed to grab a Toon Link order from Walmart while I was out today thanks to text alerts. Didn't manage to find anything from Target or TRU though.

Big thanks to Diabhalla for the stock check at TRU, enough though they didn't have anything. You the man!

#2) Here's an interesting article on the investors meeting -- thought this article did a better job of explaining some of what was said. While I HATE the card thing and think that Nintendo misses it entirely if they think people are buying amiibo because of what they unlock primarily (its not that, its because we want cool figures of Nintendo characters!),

I want the figures. I like they way they look. I couldn't care less about in game unlocks.
cards are good idea for collectors who want to keep their figure sealed and still get use from it in game.

Besides the printed back cards, I think he is just gluing already made figures to the pedestals. I swear those figures are from Kmart clearance when you bought a sonic game you got a figure free.
exactly, most of these custom amiibos are stupid because they're just toys from other stores in an amiibo package and glued to the base. No work went into these.

i am guessing he is talking about retailers not nintendo, nintendo is charging more for those figures to retailers than disney and activision, one of many reasons stores have low stock or none, and why some are already stopping doing business with them, most likely their contract was through wave 4 so after that some will stop selling them because of nintendo high base price and refusal of production
where do you get your information from that they charge more? Stores didn't originally buy a lot of wave 1 because they didn't think there would be much demand, I can't see nintendo being able to charge more than disney if stores didn't think there would be much demand.

I guess that will make us sealed collectors much happier cuz we won't ever have to open the figures unless we want to display them (out of their prisons) and can just carry around a bunch of cards like it was the 5th grade or something ;) They just better not make it anything like their Kid Icarus Uprising Cards
exactly, i would like cards if the dlc is useful and I want to keep my figure sealed.

so where's the guy that was arguing with me that I was delusional for saying nintendo would release cards and it's such a bad business decision because they'll make no money from them?

if nintendo charge $1 or $2.50 Per card I will pick up and keep physical figure sealed
yea right, the cards will be $5 each minimum

You have to realize that they cannot sell cards for 12.99 so you shouldn't base the profit margin off that price. I have no idea how they are gonna sell these cards though. Individually? Randomized booster packs?

Figures are cheap to make. These amiibos aren't exactly high quality, without the nfc chip, they probably sell for 5 dollars.
randomized booster packs

Booster packs. Each pack gives you ONE random rare amiibo card that does something and 2 uncommons like Toon Link or Sheik. The other 10 cards are either randoms that does nothing or Link, Mario, Peach, Zelda etc.

Villager, Marth and Mac will be holos while Fox and Captain Falcon will be a normal semi holo rare.
don't forget each card will have a regular, foil and reverse foil version

The problem with that idea would be the NFC chip inside each card. Yes, you could feasibly do a 13 card booster pack, but those chips are going to jack up the price of printing, especially since it means the cards will have to be at least 3 layers bonded together to hide the chip inside, if the go the hidden route.

My best bet for a 13 card booster pack would probably be a price point if $15-20, considering that Nintendo and the company selling it both need to churn a profit on these
13 card packs are not going to happen and if they did they would be a hell of a lot more than $20

I could see them doing packs of 2 or 3 for $10-$15, maybe.

Yeah, thats actually why I ordered from there. I knew they wouldn't play around with a service that basically thrives on buyer reviews. Backorders would be a nightmare for them on eBay.
have you ever seen toysrus feedback on ebay? it is a joke, thousands of cancelled orders, sometimes they go under 98% which is ridiculously horrible. The only reason they're still on ebay is because they make ebay millions of dollars and have a contract with them. Ebay also scrubs clean a lot of their negative reviews when it gets too low. Toysrus on ebay is just as worse if not more worse than buying direct from them.

Ugh, sorry for the double post. Might as well use the area for something though: Take this with a grain of salt because the CS reps probably don't know anything but I emailed Best Buy because I was worried about my Meta Knight preorder (my Sonic shipped out very late) and he assured me that this character was not going to be as rare. Maybe he was looking at warehouse totals but he probably just said anything to assuage my concerns.
meta knight common? that's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back