Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Was finally able to get myself a Star Fox. Had checked gamestops site and it showed in stock near me, ran out and picked it up.  Was the only one on the pegs though, everything else was older stuff I didnt care for.  Came up for bust again on Mega Man.

My Walmart Ike Griel and Frys Sonic came in today. I swear Walmart is thus far my favorite store for Amiibos!
IKe.JPG
Ugh, walmart better pull through for me. They cancelled Sonic on me, I still have Ike, Dedede and Mega Man on order with them, they put a hold on my card all last week then dropped it. I haven't hunted for any of them so hopefully they don't screw me.

My hope is that King DeDeDe will be like toon link. Hard to come by for a weeks, and then fairly common.

That is my hope. Id rather not be realistic.

On that note, http://www.amazon.co.uk/ is still the cheapest to purchase and ship to the states?
you can hope all you want but it's not going to happen. DeDeDe only had 1 production month just like every other amiibo with 1 month has been rare. Toon Link and Sheik both had 2 months. The CISPA page is really good at predicting rarity.

uk has always been the most expensive for me.

In my experience in terms of cost IT<FR<DE<UK

I remember when I used to check CAG periodically throughout the day/week to find/share some good deals, chat about games, or Amazon.com-credit earning flips... now I pretty much only check this thread... what have we become?
Amiibo-Effect.jpg
Too bad new amiibo aren't actually that plentiful at release. A Hunger Games type reference would be more appropriate for new amiibo.

Is this one of those you thought they cancelled because it says closed situations?
Nope it's actually cancelled. Received a cancellation email and checked my order and it's all zeroed out.

Dear Valued Customer,

The order #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX that you placed with GameStop.com or EBgames.com has been cancelled.

If you did not cancel this order yourself, it may be the result of our system being unable to process your order.

Nope it's actually cancelled. Received a cancellation email and checked my order and it's all zeroed out.

Dear Valued Customer,

The order #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX that you placed with GameStop.com or EBgames.com has been cancelled.

If you did not cancel this order yourself, it may be the result of our system being unable to process your order.
Hmmm system unable to process order?? Do you have ship to home or store?

Lol. Came in a giant box from Gamestop and everything.

IMAG0598_zps8df2c4ae.jpg

Ordered him with Fox to get free shipping. I didn't have Diddy yet and figured why not. Oh well, at least Fox came in good condition.

I feel dirty. I was at TRU in Burlington, NJ on my way home from work and they had several of Fox. I picked one up in hopes of trading. I wasn't planning on doing it but it was Buy 1 Get 40% off and the only figure they had that my son needed was Zelda. They still had 3 more Fox and 6 or 7 Toon Links if anyone is in that general area and looking for either figure. I was hoping they'd have had Lucario or Ike but that was wishful thinking.

Yeah, those numbers can't be true. I saved a bunch of cards from when I was a kid and sold a 1st edition charizard on Ebay last year for a very nice chunk of change . Sold a bunch of first edition holographic cards that were only worth money because they had the little first edition stamp on them. The rest weren't worth anything.

At the time I also purchased an entire booster box of first edition packs. Ended up holding onto it and then selling the sealed carton a few years later to the shady Shinder's card store for $400 cash. I was in college and needed money badly. God knows how much money I could have made if I knew how to sell online back then.
I sold the two sealed first edition booster packs I had in 2000 for $50 each (bought two Dreamcast games with that money). So considering a box had 36 packs, you would have had $1800.

Ran into to BB with my girl, saw a shady lookin' dude, and I mean shady. Darting eyes, shaking uncontrollably like he just shot up some meth, and made eye contact with me. I looked in his hand and he had a Meta Knight... Don't know how. I assume he checked out and went about his way. I asked the employee if that location was in fact getting Meta Knight and he told me they're getting a shitload so we'll see.

I swear to god if something doesn't come up for preorder or up for order soon, I am going to go nuts and build an effigy of Iwata out of Peach amiibos and light it on fire.

I swear to god if something doesn't come up for preorder or up for order soon, I am going to go nuts and build an effigy of Iwata out of Peach amiibos and light it on fire.
After the endless amiibo stock fiascos it's likely the delay in preorders is because the retailers want actual stock numbers from NIntendo before they go and sell more preorders they can't fulfill and then hand out gift cards and actually lose money because of Nintendo's incompetence.

I feel dirty. I was at TRU in Burlington, NJ on my way home from work and they had several of Fox. I picked one up in hopes of trading. I wasn't planning on doing it but it was Buy 1 Get 40% off and the only figure they had that my son needed was Zelda. They still had 3 more Fox and 6 or 7 Toon Links if anyone is in that general area and looking for either figure. I was hoping they'd have had Lucario or Ike but that was wishful thinking.
Is Burlington dirty? I'm up in middlesex county so I wouldn't know lol

Woo hoo, I was checking Gamestop stock out and found a Fox at a store near me. Just got my confirmation email for pick-up!

Amiibo has ruined my life. My boss is always on my case about how I don't show up for work on fridays. I haven't slept in 3 days due to refreshing target.com for king dedede. My hair has started falling out due to amiibo stress. My gf left me because I wasant able to preform inimately due to having alot on my mind she asked and I told her I was thinking of king dedede
You win.

Ran into to BB with my girl, saw a shady lookin' dude, and I mean shady. Darting eyes, shaking uncontrollably like he just shot up some meth, and made eye contact with me. I looked in his hand and he had a Meta Knight... Don't know how. I assume he checked out and went about his way. I asked the employee if that location was in fact getting Meta Knight and he told me they're getting a shitload so we'll see.
You don't want to know what he had to do for that Meta Knight.

my theory is that wave 4 won't go up for pre order until the Mario Party amiibos have hit stores. we're probably looking at a mid- to late May release for wave 4 (which falls in that spring time window)

my theory is that wave 4 won't go up for pre order until the Mario Party amiibos have hit stores. we're probably looking at a mid- to late May release for wave 4 (which falls in that spring time window)
Im still calling my Gamestop everyday just to make sure. If I can avoid this hunting for figures I will. Just preorder all of them and call it a day.

Im still calling my Gamestop everyday just to make sure. If I can avoid this hunting for figures I will. Just preorder all of them and call it a day.
Don't bother calling. For one, I bet it drives the employees nuts. And two, they'll go up online right before they hit stores. Check gs.com instead.

After the endless amiibo stock fiascos it's likely the delay in preorders is because the retailers want actual stock numbers from NIntendo before they go and sell more preorders they can't fulfill and then hand out gift cards and actually lose money because of Nintendo's incompetence.
Precisely what I was thinking too

Hey if anyone is going to Best Buy Friday to get Meta Knight, could someone grab an extra and I will buy at cost + shipping? I have to work Friday and so does my entire family so I have no safety net to be able to get him. If someone is so kind and help a fellow Amiibo hunter out just send me a PM. If not I guess that's okay too, just figured I would check with some of you guys. 

I found many Sheiks and Toon Links in my two Targets. I also bought the last Lucario in my TRU before a Pokemon's fan(he dresses a big Pikachu face t-shirt)  appeared in the store, and wanted to buy all Lucarios.

I also received my MM 3DS from BB

(Re: Meta Knight)

I'll be at BB an hour before it opens on Friday. I checked the store stock and they will have 8 total. Looks like only 3 are pre-orders, from what the employee at customer service told me.

If they allow me to buy more than 1 i will buy 2 and notify you guys.

I would prefer even trades for Target's Rosalina or TRU Lucario. But if you don't have it its fine I'll help any CAGers at MSRP+PostOffice.

Went by my Best Buy today, guy confirmed they had atleast 5 of the rest of each of the Wave 3 amiibos in back (Including MK). Claims they were overstock and not pre-ordered stuff, so I might check up there come Friday.

Wouldnt mind saving a few bucks over my Gamestop pre-orders.

Walked into best buy today, b lined it to the Amiibo section, low and behold each and every amiibo i wanted that has been released so far was sitting there on pegs, grabbed the best Zelda, Link, Shiek, and Toon Link I could find. Thank God I am done until any other Zelda related ones are released. Yall have fun guys, still my favorite thread and i dont even collect them, well didn't until today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back