Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't bother calling. For one, I bet it drives the employees nuts. And two, they'll go up online right before they hit stores. Check gs.com instead.
It was actually the main employee I do business with that recommended it. I said I try calling once or twice a week to check. He said I should be calling once or twice a DAY.

Ill probably just keep an eye on the site now that you mention it. As long as it corresponds with the instore release Ill be good (I wont do online preorders, just in store.)

So apparently frederick maryland has a shulk in stock just chillin on the shelf lol. 30 miles outta my way and 30 back. Not worth it. Just puttin it out there

Fox is on the pegs at my local TRU.

I missed the gamestop wiiu gamecube adapter. Again.

To dude w 2 MM N3DS: I hate you :)
But not as much as I hate the dude in the N3DS thread who posted a pic of 4.

FTG.

So what time are people going to line up at Best Buy Friday?  I live in a pretty low key area (backwoods PA, Danville/Sunbury area) and I dont work Friday.  Defeintely gonna go and wait to see if I can snag a Meta Knight/Dedede/Ike.

I was thinking maybe 8:30AMish.  GOnna be frickin cold, 18* high, 1* low.  No idea if people will be lining up in this area.

So what time are people going to line up at Best Buy Friday? I live in a pretty low key area (backwoods PA, Danville/Sunbury area) and I dont work Friday. Defeintely gonna go and wait to see if I can snag a Meta Knight/Dedede/Ike.

I was thinking maybe 8:30AMish. GOnna be frickin cold, 18* high, 1* low. No idea if people will be lining up in this area.
I'm going at store opening at 10am. Can't get there any earlier because kids. Taking a half day in the morning, as I want to get new car/home insurance afterwards. I have an in-store preorder, but I want to get it asap before BBY dolts sell the f'ing to someone else. My only hope is the amiibro who works there, who was waiting outside Target with me on Rosalina day, will regulate and keep shit in check.

Im such a noob! Gamestop.com frederick maryland has a Shulk in stock
My store checker found them like 40 mins away don't think it is worth it and definitely couldn't sell that drive for a "toy" to my woman. Especially when I could have ordered the second wave of him but was lazy

Im such a noob! Gamestop.com frederick maryland has a Shulk in stock
Wow, one near me does as well. I called but they are already holding it for someone else :(. There are a lot around that show them in stock though, I'm just not willing to drive that far out of my way.

I'll be at my best buy at 10AM on friday, when it opens. No one will line up(at the door), its just gonna be a bum rush based on my experience last friday. A stark contrast from target. Hopefully they'll actually have extras of the new amiibos this time.

If anything is going to be a Walmart exclusive, I'm happy it's a repaint of a second version of a character.

I swear, my local Best Buy is on some shit. I called to get an idea of how many of MK and Ike will be on the floor for sale on Friday, and the lady said "less than 3 for Ike and I can't tell you how many for the other one. It's just our policy on this product".

What? There is always something with this store overcomplicating things, not to mention they have no intention of making this an organized situation (no limit, no tickets), but now you can't tell someone if you have enough to sell to regular customers at opening?

She even said given their popularity it would be best to call to ask that question the day of, but they will likely sell out at opening.

What sense does it make to call while people are storming to buy them all to find out how many they have in stock knowing they'll sell out IF they even have enough to sell in the first place.

My brain. Melting.

Called both GS I put a hold request at one got it and confirmed with a email. Other said they didn't get the request but set it aside until close (a hour from now) but she said she'll keep it in the hold area no one will probably notice lol. Might grab both if available for trade bait or for my buddy who needs one

Edit: just got second pick up request.

I swear, my local Best Buy is on some shit. I called to get an idea of how many of MK and Ike will be on the floor for sale on Friday, and the lady said "less than 3 for Ike and I can't tell you how many for the other one. It's just our policy on this product".

What? There is always something with this store overcomplicating, not to mention they have no intention of making this an organized situation (no limit, no tickets), but now you can't tell someone if you have enough to sell to regular customers at opening?

She even said given their popularity it would be best to call to ask that question the day of, but they will likely sell out at opening.

What sense does it make to call while people are storming to buy them all to find out how many they have in stock knowing they'll sell out IF they even have enough to sell in the first place.

My brain. Melting.
It's a hopeless situation. They probably haven't gone through the pre-orders yet and only have a rough ballpark estimate. Either way there's gonna be a crowd and they probably figure the uncertainty will drive some away

Does anyone know when was the last time Best Buy had a legitimate sale on Amiibo?

I'm looking to pick up a few commons and I'm wondering if GCU is the best discount I'm going to get for a while.

I forgot to say, at the mm3ds launch at Target there was a best buy employee there that said they were getting 20 meta knights including pre-orders I think. They said the other stores were getting less though.

Does anyone know when was the last time Best Buy had a legitimate sale on Amiibo?

I'm looking to pick up a few commons and I'm wondering if GCU is the best discount I'm going to get for a while.
they havent had a single amiibo sale period unless you count the glitch that was a mistake during the first week. But legimate sales there been none. No retailers have had them on sale except toys r us who price them higher anyhow since with the way they sale there no point in sales to move them.

my theory is that wave 4 won't go up for pre order until the Mario Party amiibos have hit stores. we're probably looking at a mid- to late May release for wave 4 (which falls in that spring time window)
amazon.co.uk has the release date as April 24th for charizard, so it will probably be the same or close to the same for USA

Sorry guys. Frederick maryland gamestop. On gamestock.com as in stock
just because it says in stock doesn't mean they have it, it's probably being saved

Two local stores show Shulk as "Low Stock". One store said they had it but it was reserved. The second store isn't answering their phones.

Oh well.

if nintendo was smart they would make you buy the game in order to get the gold mario, sell it as a bundle and don't allow returns unless they're all together. Limit it to 1 per person. It would stop a lot of resellers.
then they will have lots of pissed off people due to having to buy two copies of the game since they are already releasing a mario party 10 amiibo bundle with regular mario so it would actually be a stupid move for Nintendo to do that

Maybe (and I mean MAYBE) since Walmart has so many locations, they will manufacture tons of these things. I'm trying to be an optimist here Haha

i'm not waiting outside my walmart, that's a good way to get shot.

Seems fake, unless that Walmart put up the sign one full month early, because the game isn't available now.
If it was just a graphic I would consider it a fake but not a picture of the sign. It probably was sent to the store doesn't mean it was put on display, probably still in the back.

then they will have lots of pissed off people due to having to buy two copies of the game since they are already releasing a mario party 10 amiibo bundle with regular mario so it would actually be a stupid move for Nintendo to do that
since when does nintendo care about pissing people off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back