Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
The custom paintjobs are much better quality than the standard paintjobs by nintendo lol

Seriously these amiibo seem to have very little quality control coming out of the factories.

I'm going into BBY tomorrow night to make them show me my (4) amiibo from 12/11. Last week my Sonic was locked up in the 'cage' and they couldn't 'find' it until the next day. I will ask to inspect my (4) put them in a plastic bag and politely ask to place them back in this cage, b/c obviously it worked!

I did a preorder for Mega Man at my local Hastings store and got a call this morning that it was in. Picked it up but saw no other wave 3

Every time you change something in your order, you get moved to the back of the queue.
I learned that as well in the Warehouse Deals thread. I decided to mess with my King Dedede order anyways since it didn't have an estimated delivery date at first. After several modifications, I ended up with a 2/23-24 date. One day shipping resulted in a delivery estimate of this Friday.

I'm going into BBY tomorrow night to make them show me my (4) amiibo from 12/11. Last week my Sonic was locked up in the 'cage' and they couldn't 'find' it until the next day. I will ask to inspect my (4) put them in a plastic bag and politely ask to place them back in this cage, b/c obviously it worked!
And then because they're retail employees and hate customers like that your amiibos will somehow get crushed on the way to said cage.

And then because they're retail employees and hate customers like that your amiibos will somehow get crushed on the way to said cage.
eh, my 4 year old will probably have them torn open before we even walk out the door..might try to convince him to leave Ike and MK sealed, but who knows!

Evilos has been doing customs of disneys vinyl collectables for a while now. All his work has the same airbrushed with minor changes look that personally I don't care for but look decent. He also does custom infinity but I don't know how this is going to fly through TRU. Disney encourages customs by selling 'blank' vinylmations so they don't go after the custom community. Nintendo I would think might have a issue with these if they are marketed alongside official ones on a major site.

Has Best Buy said anything about Friday morning or is it going to be a clusterfuck of the highest order nationwide?
Best Buy doesn't care for this shit, I doubt they will do anything about it. If anybody cares too.... You can always try the unlocked forums to see if they can send a memo out but there being only a day I doubt anything will happen.

Lol yeah I do not see them letting this happen but the guys figures look pretty damn good compared to most customs I have seen.
There was a court case about some sports items awhile back where people were doing things to them and re-selling them for more. The courts ruled that because they made a legitimate purchase that they were allowed to alter and re-sell the items (since there was no counterfieting or making their own stuff, and the original co. made their sale).

If that is indeed legit, it's going to set a huge new precedent for reselling in store across all types of collectables.

The floodgates are going to burst.
This and a half. How soon until gamestop and the like start selling retro games again just so they can allow this type of shit. "Here, we have a "custom reproduction" of Little Samson. It has a reproduction label as well. It looks and plays exactly like the original, and it's essentially impossible to tell it apart from a legit copy. For real though, this one is a custom reproduction cart. Only $300."

There was a court case about some sports items awhile back where people were doing things to them and re-selling them for more. The courts ruled that because they made a legitimate purchase that they were allowed to alter and re-sell the items (since there was no counterfieting or making their own stuff, and the original co. made their sale).
I agree that there probably isn't a legal basis for Nintendo to block this from happening. Having said that, Nintendo certainly has the ability to influence what TRU and other retailers do by constricting supply, limiting promo dollars and many other tactics. As such, if Nintendo takes issue with this, there is little doubt that TRU will drop the plan, leaving aside the logistical problems with getting enough supply to even make this worth the hassle to a large retailer like TRU.

I agree that there probably isn't a legal basis for Nintendo to block this from happening. Having said that, Nintendo certainly has the ability to influence what TRU and other retailers do by constricting supply, limiting promo dollars and many other tactics. As such, if Nintendo takes issue with this, there is little doubt that TRU will drop the plan, leaving aside the logistical problems with getting enough supply to even make this worth the hassle to a large retailer like TRU.
The question is: how in the asswiping fuck could the big N constrict supply any more than they already are? I guess they could just stop shipping amiibos to TRU altogether, or ship them only a bunch of Marios or something. Watch Mewtwo be advertised as a TRU exclusive, a week later these customs start getting sold, Reggie and Iwata are like "fuck that" and they just don't send Mewtwo to TRU at all. It just gets shipped to random stores and in 4 months we see some guy on ebay who bought 50 of them when they arrived at his local Big Lots with a bunch of excess unsold Peach amiibos. Ladies and gentlemen, it's entirely possible that this custom figures situation could turn amiibo distribution into an ever larger clusterfuck.

Also: the custom amiibos will be $80. Why. http://imgur.com/46DumYZ

Just a heads up for Friday to give additional perspective. Based on my store, there are only enough Ikes and D3s to cover preorders. There are 2 Megamen and 6 MetaKnights available freely.

what what what?? what'd i miss?
nothing just false rumor as always that started from a single reddit post that someone heard from a single gs employee that spread like wild fire to other sites that wave 4 would be on GameStop last night just the normal untrue rumors that people takes as fact

what what what?? what'd i miss?
There was a rumor somewhere earlier in the thread so I stayed up.

It was probably some Gamestop employee flunky... I'm amazed at how much credibility we give them when the vast majority of the time we are the ones informing them about their store's sales and availability.

Funny how there is various levels of excitement with these amiibos. First........where and when will they be available to preorder. Second is hoping that the retailer will fulfill the orders. Finally.......hoping that the delivered box contains amiibos in good condition.

Received my sonic from best buy today. Corner of package is folded. Not too bad though. Friday i'll be receiving ike, dedede and mk so hopefully the condition will be solid

Funny how there is various levels of excitement with these amiibos. First........where and when will they be available to preorder. Second is hoping that the retailer will fulfill the orders. Finally.......hoping that the delivered box contains amiibos in good condition.

Received my sonic from best buy today. Corner of package is folded. Not too bad though. Friday i'll be receiving ike, dedede and mk so hopefully the condition will be solid
That's why I always order 3 Amiibo at a time from BBY. Free shipping and almost guarantees a Box. Pick best paint job, return the rest.

Minus the miserable as ass weather here in Oklahoma, I've had a great hunt this week. Now for Friday.

4inmo6X.jpg
Did you find Little Mac in a store? I have 1 sealed, I'm wanting 1 to open but the prices are so high! Wish they'd put out more of him.

Lol obviously you did not look at the pictures...they are clearly giant boxes with stacks of multiples at least two deep. Granted I do not care why or how he got them but its pretty obvious to anyone with eyes he got more than a couple of each figure haha.
But there is noway to know what's in the boxes, could be filled with junk for all we know

I know that we don't want trading on this thread but if any kind soul has an extra Lucario I should be getting 2 Meta Knights.
I would definitely do that trade, please trade with me! My metaknight order from 12/12 still hasn't shipped and I'm going to be really upset if it gets cancelled. I'd rather trade a lucario than have to rely on bestbuy ever sending my order which I've lost hope on.

If you keep doing it like an idiot. Yea, I'm sure someone would get banned.

I guess not being an idiot could prevent that.
If you buy 3 of every Amiibo like you said and return 2 every time, it's going to throw up lots of red flags and ban your account. He was just saying constantly doing something like that is not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back