Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked my BBY order for instore pickup and it said "Ready for pickup" so I took a chance and went in ready for battle.

No muss no fuss all of my figures came right out and scanned perfectly fine. No more biting my fingernails for Meta Knight.
Isn't Meta Knight dated for the 20th?

yes yes yes yes finally received my shipping notice from Amazon.it .................META KNIGHTS AND SHULK fuck :D/ :D/

I mean if people just didn't pay ridiculous prices for them and the demand was only in the honest collectors then the scalpers would have a bunch of money invested in tons of product they can not move they would have no choice eventually than to sell them at a cheaper price.
This. But you'll always have those people who value their time more than their money (mainly b/c they make more to spend) and rather just pay the higher cost than hunt.

So is anyone planning to wait outside Best Buy tomorrow concerned that they're going to wait, only to find out that everything is being held back for in store pick up pre orders?

This. But you'll always have those people who value their time more than their money (mainly b/c they make more to spend) and rather just pay the higher cost than hunt.
I'd pay someone an extra $5 for their efforts for a rare figure on top of MSRP and shipping cost, but when you see figures in the $50 and above range I just have to laugh at them.

FYI: stay away from bestbuy independence, missouri store #36! only if you pre ordered for in store pickup, and the rest will stay in the back room for big boys. you will going home empty hand. best of luck :)

while it's not that much more expensive ($30 for some amiibo on ebay); it's just so SATISFYING to click a button on my computer and know that I got DeDeDe for only 12.99 because I was glued to my screen. it's the chase that makes the hunt so fun. my "hunting" consists of me doing work on one monitor and having amiibo trackers/forums open on the other.

That is, unless you are camping outside in the cold for 2 hours; shaq fu that or whatever this forum says instead of going for broke.

I'd pay someone an extra $5 for their efforts for a rare figure on top of MSRP and shipping cost, but when you see figures in the $50 and above range I just have to laugh at them.
You laugh but other people with money to spend just see it as another purchase.

Not that I'd pay over MSRP for any amiibo.

You laugh but other people with money to spend just see it as another purchase.

Not that I'd pay over MSRP for any amiibo
Gotta look at the economic/opporunity costs. If you spend two hours camping/driving/hunting instead of working and you make $25/hr to buy a 12.99 amiibo or you can buy it online for $50 - you should buy it online (if simply looking at it from a $ POV). Granted; it's not as fun and how do you put a price on fun.

And yes; I agree only spend MSRP. Everytime someone asks what they should spend to acquire an Amiibo; the answer should be 12.99.

So is anyone planning to wait outside Best Buy tomorrow concerned that they're going to wait, only to find out that everything is being held back for in store pick up pre orders?
Yes, but I also don't know if it's worth putting my trust in their ability to give me a straight answer on what's happening tomorrow. Figure, just go, and deal with what's there. *shrugs*

Hi All,

Long time lurker first time poster, just wanted to thank all of you for the work put into helping fellow amiibo hunters. I thoroughly read both threads and have yet to come across an answer towards the cancelled December Toys R Us preorders for those that used a Paypal account to order Ike. Toys R US sent out an email to reorder but a seperate email was supposed to be received in January with instructions to order Ike. I was wondering if anyone received those instructions?
As far as I know no one recieved those instructions. Myself and a few friends never got one, and I've seen it mentioned here a couple of times that no one got it.

Ask ahead, most of the time they'll at least let you know how likely it is they're going to have nothing

Wave 4 needs to go up at BBY and GS so I can go back to not caring about Amiibos until they announce wave 5. I'm beyond fatigued with Amiibos and my Shulks getting smashed didn't help.

If you have money but not time it makes perfect sense. On average we've spent at least 1-2 hours looking for a dedede whether its browsing this thread, trying etc. That and the uncertainty on whether or not you'll get it raises concerns that people who can afford it would rather dispel.

I checked my BBY order for instore pickup and it said "Ready for pickup" so I took a chance and went in ready for battle.

No muss no fuss all of my figures came right out and scanned perfectly fine. No more biting my fingernails for Meta Knight.
I got the same notice today. I'm going to go in later and pick up my Meta Knights. :)

FYI: My local TRU had one lone Sonic sitting on the shelf. Worth a trip to your local store for a looksee.
Tomorrow would be the bet day to check TRU. Stores would have put out any unclaimed preorders. If you don't see any ASK. I know a bunch of stores had unclaimed preorders as of Wednesday.

my mega man from amazon arrived safely today, hoping the same for ike from target on Saturday. now just waiting on best buy for meta knight and king dedede from walmart.

FWIW: I live in the upper Midwest (i.e. Best Buy Headquarters, MN) and just got my MK shipment notice. I pre-ordered one back on 12/12/14 and grabbed one last week. The one I grabbed last week has shipped. My pre-order from 12/12/14 has NOT shipped....so ridiculous. They are filling orders backwards.

FWIW: I live in the upper Midwest (i.e. Best Buy Headquarters, MN) and just got my MK shipment notice. I pre-ordered one back on 12/12/14 and grabbed one last week. The one I grabbed last week has shipped. My pre-order from 12/12/14 has NOT shipped....so ridiculous. They are filling orders backwards.
It's most likely your order's tied to a different pile of MK amiibos.

Hooray, Meta Knight (12/12 order) finally shipped.  Hopefully that's the last exclusive I need to deal with since I will have no problem skipping over the repaints.

Sadly as often as not that seems to be how BBY fills orders.

Well I lied, both my December pre-order and last week order shipped now. So looks like:

1) Meta Knight will arrive next week

2) Sonic tomorrow

3) Mega Man tomorrow

4) Dededededededee - unknown, waiting on Walmart

5) Ike - grabbed from ebay, gave up, should be here next week

This will complete my collection now...weeeeeeeee

Nlow to sell it all on ebay and make $600+  :rofl:

Man, I envy all of you amiibros getting shipping confirmations from Best Buy!

I pre-ordered all of Wave 3 back on 12/7 but my Dedede, Ike, & Meta Knight orders still all say 'Pre-ordered, release date is 2/20/2015' and Mega Man says 'Status not available'. :S
However, it looks like I was already charged for 3 of the 4 orders and BB's come through for me on every other amiibo so far (just got Sonic on Tuesday!) so I'm not giving up hope yet. :)

Best Buy just shipped Meta Knight I ordered on 2/19. I'm thrilled it's coming in the mail but weirded out they shipped mine but still haven't shipped for some of you that ordered in December.

Im getting antsy for my Dedede's.  Neither my Walmart nor my backup Amzon Dedede's from yesterday have shipped yet -_-

My Sonic from Walmart shipped later the day I ordered it I think.

I'm more curious about who's going to be the Little Mac of this wave. Seems like Dedede... really wish I ordered a few more of him.
Thats easy, it's Rosalina. She's the only one that's been confirmed to not have anymore restocks.

Finally got my shipping confirmation on a December order of MK from bby. Now I just have to hope GS comes through with DDD and Ike pickups from before that cutoff date. Haven't been able to grab them for the couple minutes they've been online this week. 

Kinda sad over here...I missed out on the second wave of ordering meta knight. This is the first one I won't have a chance of getting :(

I stood in line and got 1 or 4 lucario at tru and 1 of 12 rosalinas at target. Got a shulk from my preorder.

No chance to line up tomorrow for meta knight as I have to be at work early. But I'll watch online for sure! Good luck to everyone out there hunting tomorrow

Amazon just shipped my Mega Man and it's coming tomorrow. I wish I could get everything from there without having to hit a 30 second window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back