Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
My Best Buy had 8 Meta Knights (1 was preordered) and 2 Mega Mans. I was able to pick up a Meta Knight but the person who cut in front of me at the register got the last Mega Man. A bit salty but I'll get over it. I'm kinda disappointed in the paint work on the Meta Knight though, especially the mask.
I felt the same way on the paint.

It's the thrill of the hunt. People get off on it. :)

Edit: I should start using quotes. People keep posting ahead of me
:(

^

This guy keeps referring Meta Knight as "Mega Knight". Obvious flipper, as anyone who plays the actual game knows the character names and yet he's telling others to "deal with it"

Oh the irony LOL! Did you order "Meta Man" also?
Bro you're newness to the thread is showing...

My BB only had 1 Meta Knight and 1 Ike on the shelves when they opened. Anything else was being held behind the counters for pre-orders.

^

This guy keeps referring Meta Knight as "Mega Knight". Obvious flipper, as anyone who plays the actual game knows the character names and yet he's telling others to "deal with it"

Oh the irony LOL! Did you order "Meta Man" also?
I'm guessing the "Mega Knight" thing was an attempt to be humorous.

Either way, if he ordered 5+ Mega Knights he's a dirty unethical reseller and we should go hang him from the rafters right now. :wave:

I've never camped a BB before, is it pretty common for them to put the non-preorder Amiibo out on the pegs versus holding them at customer service?

Arrived at 7:20a and was 3rd in line at Best Buy in West Covina, CA. Ten minutes later an employee comes out and tells us there are only 3 MKs available. She takes our names and tells us they will hold them for us so we won't have to wait out here in the 57° weather ;-D
They will have some Mega Man and Sonic available.
No DDDs or Ikes available for public sale...except for one Ike hidden away for me by an employee I met on Wednesday.
Happy Hunting!

with gcu, my $5 reward cert, and a small balance leftover on a giftcard brought my total out of pocket expense to 1 dollar. I then realized I left my cash at work in my desk. debit card purchase of 1 dollar, anything that low usually annoys me. but hey it was for meta knight. riding the high right now.

Just ordered a Diddy Kong and Samus lol.

I have 2 Mega Man & 2 Sonic coming from Walmart early next week.

Need Meta Knight & Shulk

Looks like 3 MKs turned into 6 by the time the store opened, which was closer to the intel I had received on Wednesday.

The first 3 people, out of 8, at 10am received a MK and all the rest of the Amiibos went to pre-orders, including my Ike that was being held   :wall:

Oh well, I'm not complaining I got a MK to add to my trade fodder for NESS.

Got a Meta Knight! Pretty happy about that. They had 8 of them.

The Best Buy I went to also said no other Wave 3, only Sheik and the other commons.

Got to my local Best Buy and there was a line of people already. Luckily, I had preordered Mega Knight ahead of time, so I wasn't too worried and didn't bother with running my way to the counter.

The clerk starts selling Mega Knight to a few people, and then gets this look on his face, like "Oh fuck". Yeah, turns out, the only Mega Knights the store got in stock were the ones I preordered. Luckily, he realized his mistake and held the remaining stock for me (though he obviously couldn't do anything about the ones he already sold).

So I picked up the 5 remaining Amiibos in my order and some neckbeard started spazzing out on me. Bitching about how he'd pay whatever I asked for and how his 4-year-old was gonna be so disappointed if she didn't get a Mega Knight. Sorry, bro, but if you loved your "kid" so much you should've preordered. Deal with it.
This guy is just mocking a post made on Neogaf but from the point of view of the scalper.

Im not sure if its me but I feel like the Bay Area is extra ridiculous when it comes to amiibos. I feel like theres 10 people camping outside ever store the night before an amiibo release. Maybe its my imagination though lol?

Either way, if he ordered 5+ Mega Knights he's a dirty unethical reseller and we should go hang him from the rafters right now. :wave:
I'm a collector, just like the rest of you. No reselling or scalping (like the neckbeard accused me of). The original plan was: 1 Mega Knight for the new Kirby game, 1 Mega Knight for the Smash Brothers, 1 Mega Knight to keep sealed, 1 Mega Knight to keep as sealed backup, and 1 Mega Knight for each of the four corners of my bedroom (for luck, of course).

But now I don't know what I'm going to do. :/

When I pre-ordered my Meta Knight last December, there was no option for in-store pickup and I was kinda bummed because I didn't want to risk damage during shipping.  Now hearing these horror stories of incompetent workers selling pre-orders, I just hope my order comes safely in a box and not a bag.

I'm guessing the "Mega Knight" thing was an attempt to be humorous.

As long as they are pre-orders, don't care about the number he ordered but if you are standing in line and buy more than one simply because you are the first person in line, then expect to get shanked. When I was walking in just after 10am to pick up my pre-order today some DudeBro who was 8th in line (they only got 7 Meta Knights in and 4 pre-orders for a total of 11) started complaining because one of the guys who also pre-ordered also picked up a 2nd one that he didn't pre-order since he waited in line in the freezing cold.

Kind of defeats the purpose of pre-ordering if you are still going to wait in line and freeze, but this neck-beard went on his way with 2 meta knights as he tipped is fedora to the clerk in a "thank you" fashion. The DudeBro just stood there looking like a fool, having been bested by a neck-beard of all people.

My Best Buy had 6 Meta Knights but nothing else besides preorders. All I got was the Mega Man I ordered back when they had the B2G1 free glitch. They handed out tickets before the store opened, oh well. I will hold out on the small hope that MK will come to another retailer

I'm a collector, just like the rest of you. No reselling or scalping (like the neckbeard accused me of). The original plan was: 1 Mega Knight for the new Kirby game, 1 Mega Knight for the Smash Brothers, 1 Mega Knight to keep sealed, 1 Mega Knight to keep as sealed backup, and 1 Mega Knight for each of the four corners of my bedroom (for luck, of course).

Fung shuei is very important when buying mega nights.

My Best Buy was super clutch. I had been waiting there since 8:30 (forget that noise of sleeping/staying overnight/being there HOURS earlier). Several people finally start coming in line at like 9:30 (I could have gotten here way later). But around 9:40, these two guys come around at separate times and help themselves in front of me. One is sitting on the ground, the other is sitting on this pole thing outside, just talking to me about Fallout and says he has no ideas what amiibos are. Okay, cool story bro. I was going to say something, and be "that guy" but I'm like, nah..they're just toys and karma will handle it how it wants.

Anyway, 9:59 rolls around and one of the managers comes out and is like "you've been waiting here longer than anyone, we've all been watching you. You can come in first, baby". I love my old black lady managers. :) I go in, grab 2 (for me and my girl) OUT OF 3 (that's the clutch part), and happily walk out. I didn't find Ike, Mega Man, Sonic, or King Dedede..but I got the one I cared the most about, all thanks to Best Buy respecting the line and promptness. They certainly earned my respect, VASTLY over GameStop with that.

Good luck the rest of you. :)

Man that is crazy people are going before opening just for an amiibo, glad I am not that obsessed with them there is no way I am going super early just for an amiibo but good luck to all 

The best we have is nintendo's cpsia page which shows how many months of production they got. According to that, quite a few of this wave gonna be rare.theres also the recently released sales chart released by nintendo which shows top sellers(useless) and sell through(confirms what we know about rarity)
Speaking of which, I been trying to find that production list again but can't find it anywhere. Anyone got a link?

And one ring to rule them all

Im not sure if its me but I feel like the Bay Area is extra ridiculous when it comes to amiibos. I feel like theres 10 people camping outside ever store the night before an amiibo release. Maybe its my imagination though lol?
No, it's not you. I drove by the TRU in Redwood City (on 101) and saw that there were already a bunch of cars in the parking lot waiting for it to open. It's ridiculous.

Man, I just don't know what to make of this post. lol

I wish there was a way to get free shipping on Amazon.co.uk Ike came back in stock and a few pre orders too. Shipping kills me.

My Best Buy had 8 Meta Knights (1 was preordered) and 2 Mega Mans. I was able to pick up a Meta Knight but the person who cut in front of me at the register got the last Mega Man. A bit salty but I'll get over it. I'm kinda disappointed in the paint work on the Meta Knight though, especially the mask.
Sounds like the store I was at. Are you in NC?

How do you know when Mega Knight is rare? When there is only 100+ BIN on eBay versus over 1000+ Rosalina on launch day.

My store had 7 initally with 9 people in line.  After we all get in, the genius Best Buy employee realizes that they never separated the pre-orders (2).  So 7 turned into 5.  I was one of the 5.  I was first actually.  Other 4 got theirs.  Last 5 were salty as hell.  Person 6 who showed up 5 mins before the store opened was pissed he didn't get one.  Dude should have probably been there an hour and a half early like I was to guarantee his Meta Knight.  fucking rookie.

There was a line of about 20 people outside of the Best Buy I went to this morning.  They all went straight to the in-store pickup counter, which was great since I actually had stuff to pickup and many of them did not.  They were just looking for Amiibos they hadn't pre-ordered and must have just been hanging out for awhile in disbelief.  Eventually, they were moved out of the way where they complained to a manager for awhile. 

I guess their issue was that a BB employee came out earlier while they were waiting and led them to believe there were enough Mega Man amiibos to cover the people waiting.  The manager said he had gone out at some point and told them they had "limited quantities", which discouraged some people who left.  Those who stayed would later find out they only had two Mega Man amiibos to sell.  They were given a coupon for something, but wanted gift cards.  They weren't making any progress.

I'll bet BB employees are in disbelief at the amount of chaos these Amiibos are causing.  Although, if an employee did go out and reassure the line they had enough, they pretty much deserve the hassle.

Are all gamestops still allowing instore preorders of shulk for the may shipment?
When I went to try and buy a pre order that was still there but they wouldn't allow it, he tried to get me one (already have one pre ordered for May) but it was showing up as being OOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back