Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe people are complaining about the black ink wash on Meta Knight's mask.  It's a very nice added effect which makes the figure unique. 

I stopped by BBY on 2/13 and asked about MK.  I figured I would try as some people were able to get them last Friday.  The customer service lady called the sales manager up who went and got one from the back for me and the prompt came up for 2/20.  He told me to just come back on that day and I would be good.  I told him I was working that day as I have actually worked a lot lately.  He told me he would hold it for me by putting it in his bin and to just drop by Friday after work or Saturday and I would be good.

I just got off work and went by there.  The sales manager was gone but he had told another manager about it.  That manager brought it up for me and told me to have a good day.  

It's my personal opinion but I think that everybody that is complaining about the meta knight paint job needs to chill out. I know your concerned about paint jobs because or previous figures that had actual mistakes but this figure is supposed to look like that. They call it the "weathered look."

Why do people still do in store pickup? The only benefit is that it might not be damaged and only have a huge ass sticker on it.
I've shipped most with no issues. I've been fortunate with ToysRUs and Best Buy but learned my lesson preordering in store at GameStop. You get employees that are eBay sellers and suddenly your figure got sold by accident.

I stopped by BBY on 2/13 and asked about MK. I figured I would try as some people were able to get them last Friday. The customer service lady called the sales manager up who went and got one from the back for me and the prompt came up for 2/20. He told me to just come back on that day and I would be good. I told him I was working that day as I have actually worked a lot lately. He told me he would hold it for me by putting it in his bin and to just drop by Friday after work or Saturday and I would be good.

I just got off work and went by there. The sales manager was gone but he had told another manager about it. That manager brought it up for me and told me to have a good day.
haha relations man. Props but you'll have to forgive me if I'm a little annoyed it worked out so well for you

which 3ds should i import? White or black or is there a different color? what looks best with those faceplates? I wish I was able to get one of those zelda faceplates.

This is his normal paint job. It's suppose to look like he is battle tested and all. I freaked when I got mine too but after searching through the Amiibo Reddit, it was that way for everyone.
but the artwork doesn't look like that, I think they just put their "special" workers to paint meta knight's face

which 3ds should i import? White or black or is there a different color? what looks best with those faceplates? I wish I was able to get one of those zelda faceplates.

but the artwork doesn't look like that, I think they just put their "special" workers to paint meta knight's face
Can't you not play NA games on an imported 3ds?

haha relations man. Props but you'll have to forgive me if I'm a little annoyed it worked out so well for you
I got lucky. The customer service lady and sales manager were great people. The customer service guy that was doing the transaction told me that the sales manager that helped me was his favorite manager at the store.

Anyone ever heard of this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_relative_privation

People are perfectly entitled to complain about something when the quality is obviously below par. Keep in mind that I don't have Metaknight and don't want one, but I get tired of hearing someone say something to the effect of "Be happy you have one." when something goes wrong and someone complains about it.

Complaining is good and shows that people actually care about something. Stop acting like no one's allowed to ever complain.

The 3DS is region locked. You will have to import all of your games from there as well.

Anyone ever heard of this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_relative_privation

People are perfectly entitled to complain about something when the quality is obviously below par. Keep in mind that I don't have Metaknight and don't want one, but get tired of hearing someone say something to the effect of "Be happy you have one." when something goes wrong and someone complains about it.

Complaining is good and shows that people actually care about something. Stop acting like no one's allowed to ever complain.
What? You expect us to stop F5ing and actually read something? Wrong thread slick

I took a look at the Meta Knight I got from Best Buy and I see what people are talking about but paint jobs being off seems the norm for Amiibos. The quality of these has been pretty consistently low so it's no surprise.

Just got my Sonic and Mega Man from target. Both came in good condition. Mega Man box had no kind of protection inside and Sonic box had one air bag inside. Time to open them up and enjoy.

To everyone upset / concerned about mk looking like a bad paint job:

As people who had imported posted a while ago, we knew this was the case and mk is supposed to look battle worn. If paint is overlapping onto hand or something that's diffweent. As far as it looking dingy, yes that's done on purpose.

I took a look at the Meta Knight I got from Best Buy and I see what people are talking about but paint jobs being off seems the norm for Amiibos. The quality of these has been pretty consistently low so it's no surprise.
Honestly with this one exception I thought Wave 3's quality was quite a step up from previous waves. I'm still amazed Shulk looks as good as he does after how terrible Marth tended to be (and even the best Links and Zeldas were pretty awful). And I think Toon Link may be one of the nicest looking figures.

I got lucky. The customer service lady and sales manager were great people. The customer service guy that was doing the transaction told me that the sales manager that helped me was his favorite manager at the store.
Yeah, I'm sorry if that sounded harsher than it was. It's pretty awesome that he helped you out, wish there were more retail people like that out there, its more jealousy than annoyance. Part of the reason why I'm scrambling for a meta knight is because I'm giving mine to a NW rep after he dug out a majora's mask launch poster and sold it to me at a discount after remembering I asked for it a week ago.

Does anyone know the extent of amiibo interaction with Mario Party 10?

I read that each one gets their own little board and you get some in game currency for all amiibos but I am only interested if they add any new playable characters or levels/mini-games for the main content

Finally off new member probation but just thought I'd use my first post to thank the people posting updates on this thread.  I just got my MM and Sonic orders from Amazon and Target after F5ing with everyone earlier in the week.  They only had 2 Meta Knights available for sale at my Best Buy this morning.  I was 3rd in line but luckily the guy who was second had a preorder and was cool about not trying to buy a second.  Other than that they only had 1 Mega Man.  Waiting on my preorder from Walmart for King Dedede that shipped the other day.

I read that each one gets their own little board and you get some in game currency for all amiibos but I am only interested if they add any new playable characters or levels/mini-games for the main content
There an amiibo mode exclusively for them too

I now have 4 Amiibos. 2 Mega Man, an Ike and a Meta Knight. I was just curious, how do you guys go about trading? I want to trade a Mega Man for a Sonic, I imagine you just try to find one on craigslist. I feel like it would be a bit risky doing it through the mail

I now have 4 Amiibos. 2 Mega Man, an Ike and a Meta Knight. I was just curious, how do you guys go about trading? I want to trade a Mega Man for a Sonic, I imagine you just try to find one on craigslist. I feel like it would be a bit risky doing it through the mail
Use the trade forum here

This is probably the best place to see, even though it's in Japanese:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/abaj/party/amiibo.html

Pictures are worth a thousand words though :p

I don't know that they add anything new beyond the boards though.

Where u located? check if there are any local CAG's

there's also a reddit thread about it

my ike and king dedede preorder just shipped from walmart =P~ I thought for sure they would be cancelled because walmart had preorders up for so long.

It's my personal opinion but I think that everybody that is complaining about the meta knight paint job needs to chill out. I know your concerned about paint jobs because or previous figures that had actual mistakes but this figure is supposed to look like that. They call it the "weathered look."
i'm not someone that normally cares about the paint job but the meta knights are pretty bad. If i'm paying $13 for a small figure it should look decent atleast.

Can't you not play NA games on an imported 3ds?
The 3DS is region locked. You will have to import all of your games from there as well.
i own a gateway card that lets you play games region free which i'm assuming will eventually be updated to be useable on the new 3ds

Gee, I wonder why they're so scarce . . . Perhaps these imperfections are God, the Universe, Karma, or some other mystic power punishing you for being a dick.
yup all these little Chinese workers rushing to meet American demand so you can buy 5 for yourself no wonder they're shitty paint jobs

Funny how bitter so many people are on here. I pre-ordered Meta Knight, Dedede, and Bowser on the same day Dec. 12th. It was my first amiibo purchase and I had no clue how rare they would be. I'm sure their pre-orders were up for days back then. You people had your chance.

Funny how bitter so many people are on here. I pre-ordered Meta Knight, Dedede, and Bowser on the same day Dec. 12th. It was my first amiibo purchase and I had no clue how rare they would be. I'm sure their pre-orders were up for days back then. You people had your chance.
I did all the store exclusives because I anticipated them being annoying. Except Meta Knight, because of Best Buy's idiotic December 2015 "we don't know when it's coming" date was preventing my Credit Card (which expires in April) from being accepted -_- But I did get lucky when he went up on Monday at least.

Wish I had the foresight to pre-order the rest. Stupid me thinking "Oh, I'll just get them on sale" :p Won't make that mistake again...

These things are sooooo rare. oh my gorsh i cant beleive how rare and hard these amoebos make meeeeeee!!! YEEEEEE!! JK im hooked

Yup, lots of cheapasses up in here that have never seen paint weathering before but think they're experts on judging quality. 

"My thirteen dollars blah blah blah..."  Oh please.  These types of statements just show how new you are to toys and collecting.  Smaller companies can't even stay afloat through selling $10 toys.  These things come out with a very high quality considering they are mass produced.  They also have good value considering how much money the consumer pays.  That's why so many people are interested in them. 

When King Dedede went up on walmart a few hours ago i was able to get 2 and choose site to store since shipping was $7.

Think the orders will be ok? or should i have had it shipped?

My BB site to store order was again perfect.  There were still around 10 MEGA Knights for pre orders behind the counter, and this was after 5PM...  They must have had quite the supply.  It pays to have a BB store number in the 20's.

I'm not complaining about the paint, just pointed out that 4 of 4 of my meta Knights have paint issues.

For 13 bucks, I couldn't possibly care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back