Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Ike is worth that much? is everyone writing Gamestop off as not getting them cause they called to tell everyone they are delayed till May?
Why is GS delaying everything anyways? I sorta get the Shulk delay as that's around when Xenoblade should come out but what about the rest?

I didn't get a chance to call Target about them folding my amiibo packaging in half to get them to fit inside the shipping box.  :bomb:

Mega Knight is battle tested. That 'distress' look is intentional and gives each Mega Knight a unique characteristic.

So someone on Craigslist has an extra Meta Knight. But wants an Ike and Mega Man for him. Worth it? I already have Meta, and I have an extra Ike and Mega.

With the New Nintendo 3DS not being available in Nintendo's biggest market, you won't have to worry about that.

Anywho, Received Sonic and Ike today from Target's flash sale on the 13th.

I dunno what to do with Ike. I bought him on a whim thinking maybe there was a slim chance I'd be able to get the entire Smash Bros set, but with Villager, Marth, Rosalina, Pit, Captain Falcon, Little Mac and Meta Knight looking like all but impossible to get without paying scalper prices, I might just bail and stick to my favorites instead.

Hmm.
I'm the opposite. I started with ones I liked, then got swept up in the craze. I now only need trinity to complete my set. Easier said than done I guess...

To be honest, I'm sure they don't care and wish Amiibo never existed.
That may be so, but I feel like I shouldn't pay shipping and handling if their employee ruined the items' integrity during the shipping and handling process.

Last edited:
Do you think there's gonna be another restock? I wonder if since this is the first "clean" wave where they ship everything at once and that's it 

Here's hoping! I put up some screen-caps of what appear to be the in-game versions of new DK & Rosalina amiibos on my 'Future amiibo' page after the reveal trailer during the Nintendo Direct back in January.

I'm fairly sure we will see a 2nd wave of Super Mario amiibos that will include the following characters that have been confirmed to be playable in MP10:
-Rosalina
-DK
-Wario (classic outfit)
-Toadette

A few other characters are rumored to be playable so we might see a 3rd wave (or just a bigger W2) with amiibo for these characters too:
-Waluigi
-Daisy
-Spike
I kind of doubt they would do Spike. He's not really in a lot of the games. I'm also not sure on Toadette - if only because they could potentially say "Toad is close enough" :p But maybe.

That said, I feel like, for sure, we will see Daisy and Waluigi. Also, I think they'll do a SMB version of Bowser Jr. with a pose outside of the clown car (which would mean he'll likely be in Smash wave 5 like how they jammed Wario into wave 4 even though he's an unlockable character - he and Lucina are usable in upcoming games so they had to get them released a bit sooner).

And as for a few off the wall guesses that probably won't happen but I can dream:

-Pauline

-Professor E. Gadd

-Birdo (if only because Birdo is weirdly playable in a lot of these games)

:p

Cute.......still not convinced though:)

I know all of you were super concerned about the status of my amiibo packaging, so I am happy to report 2 MK, Ike and Dedede all arrived in fantastic condition. Dedede has some serious weight
We had a tea party with Princess Peach, Rosalina, Zelda and Kirby.

We had a blast.

Got Ike and Meta Knight in the mail today from BB. The packaging on Ike was a little damaged/bent, but since I'm planning to display them without the box, it's not a big deal. Mega Man also just shipped (so hopefully others are now too) and should be here Monday.

Still waiting for DDD to ship from newegg though :/

Oh snap, just saw this on reddit:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/568956370445307905

Does anyone see a possibility of there being a small second shipment of Meta Knights in the future? Lucario kind of had a second run didn't he? Not to mention more Shulk are coming.

Also, I noticed at my Toys R Us they have Sheik and Toon Link in the video game case on the very top rack on the corner. Hard to notice if you don't shift your eyes up there. I'm glad their doing that, but too bad those aren't that rare.

Does anyone see a possibility of there being a small second shipment of Meta Knights in the future? Lucario kind of had a second run didn't he? Not to mention more Shulk are coming.

Also, I noticed at my Toys R Us they have Sheik and Toon Link in the video game case on the very top rack on the corner. Hard to notice if you don't shift your eyes up there. I'm glad their doing that, but too bad those aren't that rare.
I would say yes, I would think something in the same fashion as Target's restock.

Damn Ike is worth that much? is everyone writing Gamestop off as not getting them cause they called to tell everyone they are delayed till May?
ike slowly on his way to the stores and possibly we see more ike around new game and re-release marth. possible ike will be rare 1st 2 weeks and wide release like sheik and Toon link.

ike slowly on his way to the stores and possibly we see more ike around new game and re-release marth. possible ike will be rare 1st 2 weeks and wide release like sheik and Toon link.
Yeah but metaknight and dedede have a game coming out that uses them today and they're still hard as shit to find

NOOOOOOOO!! I ordered one mega man , sonic and Ike from target. They send me two Ike's and one megaman.... My sonic!!! I don't get how this happens. The receipt even says sonic lmao they were just like meh just give this guy two Ike's he prob won't notice.

NOOOOOOOO!! I ordered one mega man , sonic and Ike from target. They send me two Ike's and one megaman.... My sonic!!! I don't get how this happens. The receipt even says sonic lmao they were just like meh just give this guy two Ike's he prob won't notice.
I'm pretty sure someone will trade you a Sonic for Ike, this probably mean Target screwed someone else out of an Ike lol, better not be me, I get mine shipment tomorrow

Lol, I doubt it, otherwise Gamestop Wouldn't cut him down to 1 per family. Even during the 2nd wave in Spring.

Well at least you should be able to trade for it. Target only sent me one of the two Rosalina's I ordered, even though it said 2 on the shipping slip. I saw another redditor who was missing something on his shipping list as well. Just another reason to pre-order in multiple places.... if you hit the small window anyways.

So pissed off at this whole thing... no Dedede, no Meta Knight. Really hoping there's another, magical batch of these for some reason though I know it's not gonna happen. 

I drove past a looong line of people in front of Gamestop, even one dude on a Bike lurking the in shadows near the door.

I get out and ask, "What are you guys all waiting here for?" they told me they are all in line to see if Amber from Gamestop is working.

attachicon.gif
redhead-girl-cute-sandbox-1056407.jpeg

#GamestopAmber where are you?
what is going on

I can't believe people are complaining about the black ink wash on Meta Knight's mask. It's a very nice added effect which makes the figure unique.
Agreed

Anyone ever heard of this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_relative_privation

People are perfectly entitled to complain about something when the quality is obviously below par. Keep in mind that I don't have Metaknight and don't want one, but I get tired of hearing someone say something to the effect of "Be happy you have one." when something goes wrong and someone complains about it.

Complaining is good and shows that people actually care about something. Stop acting like no one's allowed to ever complain.
In this case, none of this argument works. Nobody is complaining about something being wrong with the amiibo. They are complaining that they don't like the amiibo's intentional design.

Btw don't have high hopes for target packages. Luckily mine are okay, except megaman is kinda messed up, but they were in a box that barely fit all three and no bubbles or what not inside. Just so you know I wouldn't expect a pristine condition. Unless I just got unlucky all together lol

I know the chances are slim to none, but my area sucks and I completely struck out on Meta Knight and Dedede. If a kind member of the community would be willing to sell an extra of either or each for close to what they paid for it I'd be greatly appreciative to that person.

At the very least, I could see Nintendo re-printing him. As was mentioned, he's usable in a game so they have the incentive.

Also his stock was weirdly low - lower than the other exclusives it seems to me. So I kind of wonder if there are a bunch sitting in a warehouse somewhere or something.

At the very least, I could see Nintendo re-printing him. As was mentioned, he's usable in a game so they have the incentive.

Also his stock was weirdly low - lower than the other exclusives it seems to me. So I kind of wonder if there are a bunch sitting in a warehouse somewhere or something.
it wasnt low it just that i think probably 95% or more was all sold online through the website vs actually have in store stock kinda of like how gamestop was all pre-orders only and lucario was mainly all online orders.

Any chances Nintendo considers a "Reprint" set? I feel like the sheer amount of money they could be making on these figures that you can't get is absurd. They seem to really be flooding the market with new sets (not in quantity of figures) just in amount of sets releases since December. Maybe taking some time after Wave 4 to do a Reprint/Greatest Hits set of Villager/WFT/Marth/Pit/Little Mac/Falcon to please fans like myself who got onboard late and feel cheated that the only way I can get these or the exclusives is paying some asshole who bought out all of a stores stock 6-8 times retail for them. Sorry about the little rant, but I'm kind of OCD with collectibles and being late to the party for these is literally ruining my life right now. Having to spend most of my day refreshing pages hoping to catch the 30 seconds something is available is nuts. Even when Skylanders was at its craziest, there were always more figures being printed so you weren't SOL right after a launch.

Here's my shipped Meta Knight :(
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
That shit is frustrating. Has happened to me a few times now which is why I over order on all of them and have a bunch sitting around at the moment. They'll all be sold (I hope) but it's annoying even having to order so many to get a good one.

Any chances Nintendo considers a "Reprint" set? I feel like the sheer amount of money they could be making on these figures that you can't get is absurd. They seem to really be flooding the market with new sets (not in quantity of figures) just in amount of sets releases since December. Maybe taking some time after Wave 4 to do a Reprint/Greatest Hits set of Villager/WFT/Marth/Pit/Little Mac/Falcon to please fans like myself who got onboard late and feel cheated that the only way I can get these or the exclusives is paying some asshole who bought out all of a stores stock 6-8 times retail for them. Sorry about the little rant, but I'm kind of OCD with collectibles and being late to the party for these is literally ruining my life right now. Having to spend most of my day refreshing pages hoping to catch the 30 seconds something is available is nuts. Even when Skylanders was at its craziest, there were always more figures being printed so you weren't SOL right after a launch.
nintendo said they would but only characters who has a game coming out so characters like little mac, wii fitness trainer, captain falcon and similar will not and in those cases nintendo said they would be making a trading Card of those characters that dont really have there own games instead. So instead of reprint of those kind of figures it will be a Trading Card with a NFC Chip inside of them instead.

I can't be the only person who laughs at the stupid idea of cards right? I want these cause they are a cool collectible. I don't know a single person who actually uses these in any games. Nintendo can't be that dumb that they think that most consumers want these for the game functionality right?

The problem with reprints for Nintendo is that any factories they have busy making reprints are not making the next wave of figures. So it's sort of a question of whether they think it's worth the effort - like, if they made 2000 Little Macs but only 1000 sold, but they could have been making 2000 Lucinas which will all sell because she's new, that's a waste of money and time for Nintendo, not to mention lower stocks for Lucina who is now also rare because they just spent effort reprinting Little Mac.

Which is why I think they are mostly agreeing to reprint figures that are used in other games - their logic is probably that people will pick up the game, say "Oh hey, I can use this amiibo I don't have with this game" and that will create enough demand to justify the reprinting.

Ultimately there isn't a super easy solution to this, other than trying to better predict demand (which is probably still hard thanks to scalpers artificially inflating it). But hopefully they are at least looking at the situation and trying to make things better for future waves. Maybe the sales figures will also give them enough justification to the shareholders to warrant opening more factories.

I just called BB about my bent MK, and they'll reship it ASAP. I guess BB has more stock for replacement, or defects.
Do you have to return yours? I don't want it or anything, just curious how they're going to handle this because I am awaiting mine right now. It was delayed until Monday due to weather. Each day it is in the hands of UPS the odds of it being destroyed increase.

Seeing the "you can now use amiibo!" screen in Kirby's RC is such a kick in the pants. Anyone seeing that screen today or going forward has pretty much zero chance of getting Dedede/MK. :nottalking:

Overall,  how scarce has Dedede been? 

My department plays a lot of Smash at work and we're all trying to get our characters. I lucked out getting a Sonic pre-order in but my friend is desperately trying to find herself a Dedede so I'm trying to help.

I want to be her hero, baby. I want to kiss away the pain. I will stand by you forever.

Would my best bet just to hit Gamestops in the area with my fingers crossed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back