Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I think 100% sell through in a short time frame is a pretty good reason for a reprint :whistle2:

There are currently 6 amiibos(MTV, Pit, Mac, Falcon) that have that sell through rate or as close to that as possible (Little Mac wasn't shown on the list for some reason)

It's pretty simple really, you've sold all your stock, so the logical thing to do is get more of that stock right?

Do you have to return yours? I don't want it or anything, just curious how they're going to handle this because I am awaiting mine right now. It was delayed until Monday due to weather. Each day it is in the hands of UPS the odds of it being destroyed increase.
Mine was delayed due to weather as well. :wall: Hopefully all the snow melts, that way UPS will come down the driveway and deliver Meta.

Any chances Nintendo considers a "Reprint" set? I feel like the sheer amount of money they could be making on these figures that you can't get is absurd. They seem to really be flooding the market with new sets (not in quantity of figures) just in amount of sets releases since December. Maybe taking some time after Wave 4 to do a Reprint/Greatest Hits set of Villager/WFT/Marth/Pit/Little Mac/Falcon to please fans like myself who got onboard late and feel cheated that the only way I can get these or the exclusives is paying some asshole who bought out all of a stores stock 6-8 times retail for them. Sorry about the little rant, but I'm kind of OCD with collectibles and being late to the party for these is literally ruining my life right now. Having to spend most of my day refreshing pages hoping to catch the 30 seconds something is available is nuts. Even when Skylanders was at its craziest, there were always more figures being printed so you weren't SOL right after a launch.
If you're missing part of wave3, what makes you think you'll get wave 1-2 reprints on the second time around? Do you really think doing another run of a few amiibo will get them into the hands of people that missed them the first time? The people that are scoring wave3 are the ones that are spending the most time at their computers constantly F5ing pages, no-life'ing it. I don't really see that changing. I'm not trying to sound mean here, just trying to be logical about it.

I don't believe there are going to be as many reprints as people think. Reprints piss off collectors. Also Nintendo is conservative and will be hesitant to make very many copies of non-mainstream characters. It's a much trickier game of teeter-totter than we often realize. If they make too many of these things, people are going to stop rushing to buy them.

In any case, I wouldn't count on reprints to solve many problems. Sure, they'll reprint a couple of characters but will they be just the couple you're missing? Highly unlikely.

I can't believe people are complaining about the black ink wash on Meta Knight's mask. It's a very nice added effect which makes the figure unique.
To be fair, on mine itisn't a wash, it's more like smudges of black paint that cover large, random chunks of his mask. :p Ink washing tends to not be so... chunky.

I just called BB about my bent MK, and they'll reship it ASAP. I guess BB has more stock for replacement, or defects.
Highly unlikely that they will. I was able to order a Marth just before he started to get really rare and got a shipping notice. After a week of the tracking showing no updates, I call them and they said it was likely never processed and that he would re-ship. A few days later, I got a call saying they were OoS and I'd just get a refund.

I think 100% sell through in a short time frame is a pretty good reason for a reprint :whistle2:

There are currently 6 amiibos(MTV, Pit, Mac, Falcon) that have that sell through rate or as close to that as possible (Little Mac wasn't shown on the list for some reason)

It's pretty simple really, you've sold all your stock, so the logical thing to do is get more of that stock right?
But, did they sell all they were going to sell with that 100% sell through? :p

Granted, we both know if they reprinted them, they would sell. But Nintendo is going to be cautious because they don't want their shareholders bitching at them.

Honestly, what they aught to do is just make another game using those figures so they at least have an excuse to reprint them :p

Seeing the "you can now use amiibo!" screen in Kirby's RC is such a kick in the pants. Anyone seeing that screen today or going forward has pretty much zero chance of getting Dedede/MK. :nottalking:
Yeah, I feel bad for the people who miss out on getting to use these in the games that have amiibo functions.

I received numerous amiibo from bestbuy.com this week and about half of them are bent or mangled and three quarters of them have soft or bended corners.   None of the tops were completely folded over but they all have creases.  Only a few of them barely pass collector standards.  Every order came three figures inside a large, grey, soft, bubble mailer. 

If you have any choice in the matter, try to order from somewhere else if you plan on keeping your figures in their packaging.

I received numerous amiibo from bestbuy.com this week and about half of them are bent or mangled and three quarters of them have soft or bended corners. None of the tops were completely folded over but they all have creases. Only a few of them barely pass collector standards. Every order came three figures inside a large, grey, soft, bubble mailer.

If you have any choice in the matter, try to order from somewhere else if you plan on keeping your figures in their packaging.
It's probably regional or something. I think all of my best buy orders of amiibo/infinity have been mint and shipped in boxes. I had a shipment from gamestop with a huge slice down the cardboard of two of my amiibos, toysrus and amazon have sent amiibos with the cardboard heavily bent, and target only sent me one of the two I ordered in the shipment, and hastings puts the stickers on theirs. Although the stickers were easily removed. So for me Bestbuy has been the best.

Highly unlikely that they will. I was able to order a Marth just before he started to get really rare and got a shipping notice. After a week of the tracking showing no updates, I call them and they said it was likely never processed and that he would re-ship. A few days later, I got a call saying they were OoS and I'd just get a refund.
As you see, my new Mk is in process to ship. If they cancel it, i'll keep my bent MK

I called earlier and I was told that they had no more. What number did you call?
1-888-BEST BUY(1-888-237-8289)

Do you have to return yours? I don't want it or anything, just curious how they're going to handle this because I am awaiting mine right now. It was delayed until Monday due to weather. Each day it is in the hands of UPS the odds of it being destroyed increase.
CS told me that i'll receive a return label in my email soon, but I need to wait for my replacement before I'll send back my bent MK

Just called again a few minutes ago and no dice but I am being credited 40% back for keeping the damaged MK.

As you see, my new Mk is in process to ship. If they cancel it, i'll keep my bent MK

That's seriously nuts. Their CS sucks balls but you're actually getting a replacement and keeping the original? Lucky...

I'm still pissed, knowing one of the dumbassess at my BBY sold my Ike, Dedede and MK to some random person. At least I got Ike at GS next week... assuming they actually get it.

I received numerous amiibo from bestbuy.com this week and about half of them are bent or mangled and three quarters of them have soft or bended corners. None of the tops were completely folded over but they all have creases. Only a few of them barely pass collector standards. Every order came three figures inside a large, grey, soft, bubble mailer.

It sucks that this happened to you, but tbh all the "Retailer X did a great job with my shipment" or "avoid Retailer Y if you want your amiibos in good condition" posts are getting tiresome. There are tons of examples for every single retailer where lots of customers are happy about their shipments and lots aren't. It's clearly down to the region, the individual employees at the shipping center, and luck. Advising someone to either seek out or avoid a particular retailer based on personal anecdotes is not sensible (although you did provide info about several shipments, thanks for that).

That's seriously nuts.

I'm still pissed, knowing one of the dumbassess at my BBY sold my Ike, Dedede and MK to some random person. At least I got Ike at GS next week... assuming they actually get it.
They didn't put your stuff to the side? I don't think amiibos were meant for you bro. =(

Picked up my pre-orders from BB today of Ike, King Dedede, Sonic and Meta Knight. All were in fantastic condition. It was also the only Ike their CS had seen when she pulled up my preorder. gg?

Still currently missing only Villager for a complete set so far. I asked about other MK's and they had none and didn't know if they were getting more.

Silverdale, WA Best Buy.

If anyone has a MM 3DS XL, PM me, I have a few questions about the amiibo compatibility.
I have a new 3ds. Not a MM one since best buy fucked me... But that's neither here nor there.

I agree that meta knights "weathered" paint job closely resembles a shitty paintjob.

Not much to summarize today surprisingly.

MK came out. Some people got him, some didn't. The ones that did think his paint job is crappy. frankly, I agree. The ones who didn't score one claim it's a artistic choice and he's battle weathered or some shit.

Most of our 3b orders are now arriving from best buy and target. Gamestop cancelled on most of us yesterday.

Kirby and the rainbow curse us here. I haven't had time to play mine yet.

That's about it. Another regular user suggested I use these recaps to remind new and old viewers of the amiibo trade thread, located here:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/340285-nintendo-amiibo-buyselltrade-thread-read-the-rules-in-the-op-before-posting/

Many of us have extras on hand, let's share the wealth and keep this community well fed.

Still no news on wave 4 in the US but UK and French Amazon's have reportedly sold out. I'm going to bed so reggies law should kick in soon.

Stay thirsty.

Seriously... At lease meta knight has a sword.. Lucario is just plain weak
I wholeheartedly concur.

I'm not a pokemon fan by any stretch but pikachu looks excellent and lucario looks like butt.

Shulk is the best looking of the exclusive releases. Meta and rosalina tie for 2nd. Lucario is my least favorite looking of all the amiibo.

If anyone has a MM 3DS XL, PM me, I have a few questions about the amiibo compatibility.
I haven't cracked open my US New 3DS XL yet, but I've tinkered with the amiibo features on my JP New 3DS.
I've used them to unlock all of the costumes in One Piece: Super Grand Battle X thus far - it was as simple as choosing the 'amiibo' option on the title screen and lightly touching each compatible amiibo to the touch screen.

What questions did you have about 3DS amiibo compatibility?
I know you said to PM but others might have similar questions so it couldn't hurt to post the Q&A here in the thread. :)

Woo, the electronics store across the street from my apartment here in Japan got in their Sonics, Mega Mans, and Shulks today.  I was able to replace the damaged Sonic that Best Buy sent me, and the probably-damaged Mega Man which is currently in transit.  That completes wave 3 of these things for me.  Bring on wave 4!

Woo, the electronics store across the street from my apartment here in Japan got in their Sonics, Mega Mans, and Shulks today. I was able to replace the damaged Sonic that Best Buy sent me, and the probably-damaged Mega Man which is currently in transit. That completes wave 3 of these things for me. Bring on wave 4!
So your in Japan??? If so hook up it up

People on an Amiibo Facebook page seem to think (or heavily speculate as they are saying) that people who pre order the Mario 10 bundle from Walmart will be surprised to find out that it comes with the gold Mario Amiibo. This sounds ridiculous to me. Just wanted to see if anyone here has heard this or even thinks there is a remote possibility of that happening. If I knew that to be true, I'd want to pre order it haha I highly doubt it though.

I just called BB about my bent MK, and they'll reship it ASAP. I guess BB has extra stock for replacement, or defects.
Be cautious of this, I had a 3ds game that was damaged (talking case split artwork tore up). Shipped it back for a replacement (set this up over the phone) but they ended up refunding the money instead.

People on an Amiibo Facebook page seem to think (or heavily speculate as they are saying) that people who pre order the Mario 10 bundle from Walmart will be surprised to find out that it comes with the gold Mario Amiibo. This sounds ridiculous to me. Just wanted to see if anyone here has heard this or even thinks there is a remote possibility of that happening. If I knew that to be true, I'd want to pre order it haha I highly doubt it though.
That idea had crossed my mind as well, but since there's no official word yet, everything is just speculation.

I speculated about that a bit a few days ago over on NeoGAF but I seemingly forgot to cross-post it here.

Here's a transcript of my original post with my reasoning as to why I think the bundle might have a Gold Mario:

Many people seem to have forgotten (or never knew?) that Wal-Mart had an exclusive version of Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 for GBA back in the day.
The standard release only came with 2 e-cards:
04549673338.jpg

Wal-Mart's exclusive version came with 7 bonus e-cards that were never available anywhere else (in the US):
smb3walmart.jpg

Now this is definitely just speculation on my part, but consider this:
As far as we've heard to date, the upcoming Super Mario series Mario amiibo figure is going to be exclusive to the Mario Party 10 bundle, at least initially.
Assuming the leaked images are legit, the Gold Mario amiibo seems to be some kind of promotion for Easter, which is just ~2 weeks after MP10 launches on 3/20 - that seems to be a pretty quick turnaround for a timed-exclusive...
Considering Wal-Mart sold their exclusive version of SMB3 instead of the standard version of the game.....well, you can see where I'm going with this.

I could be completely wrong but I went ahead & pre-ordered a MP10 bundle just in case my hypothesis is actually correct.

Here's a link for any fellow conspiracy theorists, haha:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mario-Part...Wii-U/43093229

I get this theory but just curious if you believe this than why wouldn't they announced it already? Wouldn't they want the business? It seems totally weird to have wasted the time setting up a normal bundle pre order page just to turn it around later and be like surprise this Mario is gold... Feels stupid

Plus your theory is all based on a old ass Mario exclusive.... You make it seem like Nintendo only worked with Walmart this one time... Remember the blue Wii exclusive, the pokemon x&y special offers

Don't get me wrong I'm starting to feel like the Walmart exclusive is true but to believe it's tied to that Mario party 10 bundle is just not working for me.... But I do believe Walmart will create a way for you to be able to buy both together in there usual Walmart style fashion bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back