Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
The Walmart close to my place also got some Mega Mans this morning. They didn't have any Sonics though.

Is Kirby worth getting? I'm on the Fence since you really never look at the tv while playing. I loved Toad so if it has that style to it than I will grab it.
I'm enjoying it. Very cool gameplay, lovely art style, and stellar music. Only gripe is you hafta watch the gamepad, not the TV, and it's pretty short.

I'm convinced that 90% of BestBuy.com's traffic comes from me refreshing the amiibo page every couple hours per day. I need to stop and give up and realize that I'll never get my most sought after amiibos. I wont settle! It's Meta Knight, Dedede, Toon Link, Diddy, or bust.

I'm convinced that 90% of BestBuy.com's traffic comes from me refreshing the amiibo page every couple hours per day. I need to stop and give up and realize that I'll never get my most sought after amiibos. I wont settle! It's Meta Knight, Dedede, Toon Link, Diddy, or bust.
ummm...two of those shouldn't be a problem

I called they cs rep yesterday and they have nothing, you are very lucky. I tried again and no go either. Been told by friendly cs rep they will be more meta knight on the way but the upper levels didn't say when.
I called last night and I'm getting one replacement from their 'second shipment'. I will not believe it until it reaches my porch.

I called they cs rep yesterday and they have nothing, you are very lucky. I tried again and no go either. Been told by friendly cs rep they will be more meta knight on the way but the upper levels didn't say when.
Yeah, I did get lucky. Sry, you couldn't get yours replaced

well if you're opening it it should be no problem:"]
It won't fetch as much money on the "personal collection" market with bent cardboard. Or was that one for the "trade" market? :)

I wonder how many dishonest people are going to call BB and claim that their MK was damaged just to try and secure multiples?

Honestly, I think the chances of them actually reshipping this guy anything are low. I've had BB tell me the same thing before on limited items (as have others in this thread) even going so far as providing a replacement shipping date estimate only to receive an e-mail a week or two later apologizing and providing a refund and gift card to make up for the problem. BB doesn't hold reserves of limited items and unless there is a general restock of MK coming, there won't be replacements going out.

Which store was this at? I think there are a lot of cags in your area that could probably attest to anything they saw in the morning.

Which ones are you missing as of right now?
322, in the burbs. It's a ghetto store though, which would explain a lot.

Besides MK and Dedede (hopefully Ike from Target arrived safely... given how they fucked my Sonics), just some of the wave 1 commons.

Woo, the electronics store across the street from my apartment here in Japan got in their Sonics, Mega Mans, and Shulks today. I was able to replace the damaged Sonic that Best Buy sent me, and the probably-damaged Mega Man which is currently in transit. That completes wave 3 of these things for me. Bring on wave 4!

Bestbuy ships to Japan?

I speculated about that a bit a few days ago over on NeoGAF but I seemingly forgot to cross-post it here.
Here's a transcript of my original post with my reasoning as to why I think the bundle might have a Gold Mario:
Now wait I was the first one to say as soon as the pic was posted that if nintendo was smart they would bundle the gold mario with mario party

That's what I'm not sure about. On the 19th, I received an email saying all three would be ready for pick up on the 20th. Then on the morning of the 20th, I received 3x order cancellation emails regarding each one.

I went to the store last night to see what's up and the employees were beyond confused. I asked them if they held items for online pre-orders and they said yes. I then asked why mine weren't held, to which they couldn't offer any answer. The manager just kinda stood there and blamed everyone else.

Dedede and MK are the the first two I've missed at retail since the wave 1 rares. I'm pretty ready to quit, honestly.
This is why you don't do store pickup with bestbuy, it goes through too many people and just 1 of them have to make a mistake for your item to be sold to someone else.

It won't fetch as much money on the "personal collection" market with bent cardboard. Or was that one for the "trade" market? :)

I wonder how many dishonest people are going to call BB and claim that their MK was damaged just to try and secure multiples?
entitled to ANOTHEr metaknight when stores are only gettin 4-10 good luck. You're better off importing

Haha if you're serious then sure you're gonna have to pay tax and shipping and prob $30 on it though
Console + Tax + Shipping + $30 Markup (your time), you have a deal! I'm dead serious, BBY cancelled my pre-order. :cry:

I'm enjoying it. Very cool gameplay, lovely art style, and stellar music. Only gripe is you hafta watch the gamepad, not the TV, and it's pretty short.

This is one thing I don't like about a lot of wii u games. I hate staring at the gamepad, if I wanted to play on a small handheld screen I would play with my 3ds.

I called last night and I'm getting one replacement from their 'second shipment'. I will not believe it until it reaches my porch.
Honestly, I think the chances of them actually reshipping this guy anything are low. I've had BB tell me the same thing before on limited items (as have others in this thread) even going so far as providing a replacement shipping date estimate only to receive an e-mail a week or two later apologizing and providing a refund and gift card to make up for the problem. BB doesn't hold reserves of limited items and unless there is a general restock of MK coming, there won't be replacements going out.
As long as bestbuy gave you a ship date for your replacement you should trust them. My smash bros bundle and little Mac amiibo were lost and they sent me replacements for both even though there were never restocks of those in store or online. The replacements came 1-2 months later, but they still eventually came. In both situations I had ordered 2 but they were only able to replace 1 of them. There is always left over product even if they aren't restocked.

Just picked up my in-store pickup orders of Ike and Mega Man at my local BB, which had been closed during the week. Got there 3 minutes before they opened. No Meta Knights and while I was at CS, one guy came in asking about them and 4 people called.

For anyone who is getting the reshipment from BB, did they mention anything to you about sending it back?
I'm just curious as I got my Majoras Mask LE game yesterday and the box was crushed. She put the order for a reshipment and said that I might or might not have to send the other back.

322, in the burbs. It's a ghetto store though, which would explain a lot.

Besides MK and Dedede (hopefully Ike from Target arrived safely... given how they fucked my Sonics), just some of the wave 1 commons.
You are in the Chicago area now right? Get used to them not pulling your online orders. Some stores always have that problem. I've lost a Max Payne CE, Diablo 3 CE, Batman exclusive Red hood, 300 exclusive blu, a shelving unit, and several other things over the years.

You are in the Chicago area now right? Get used to them not pulling your online orders. Some stores always have that problem. I've lost a Max Payne CE, Diablo 3 CE, Batman exclusive Red hood, 300 exclusive blu, a shelving unit, and several other things over the years.
Yeah, I didn't think it would be a big deal because when I placed my order, I didn't know how much they sucked. By the time I learned though, the pre-orders were closed (this was back in Dec) and I was trying to find pre-orders elsewhere. So such luck though, especially since MK is BBY exclusive.

It was more then bent cards, the plastic was caved in a bit on one of them. I told the CS lady exactly what the packaging damage was and she was kind enough to offer to replace them. I'm beginning to think the replacement offer on damaged MKs is on a case by case basis. A fellow CAG in an earlier post was only offered a discount.
Certainly case by case I have gotten 4 out of 6 amiibo damaged due to shipment problems and was told we can only offer a refund. I preordered my entire wave from them. I've talked to a supervisor and sent multiple emails. My replacement sheik hasn't arrived and I know another amiibo is being shipped in a bag...

Yeah, I didn't think it would be a big deal because when I placed my order, I didn't know how much they sucked. By the time I learned though, the pre-orders were closed (this was back in Dec) and I was trying to find pre-orders elsewhere. So such luck though, especially since MK is BBY exclusive.
If I find any of the "rare" figures I'll let you know. I've decided I am not going to collect these things. I picked up a couple of "sheik" the other day, but they are going to be offered for trade or returned.

I get this theory but just curious if you believe this than why wouldn't they announced it already? Wouldn't they want the business? It seems totally weird to have wasted the time setting up a normal bundle pre order page just to turn it around later and be like surprise this Mario is gold... Feels stupid

Plus your theory is all based on a old ass Mario exclusive.... You make it seem like Nintendo only worked with Walmart this one time... Remember the blue Wii exclusive, the pokemon x&y special offers

Don't get me wrong I'm starting to feel like the Walmart exclusive is true but to believe it's tied to that Mario party 10 bundle is just not working for me.... But I do believe Walmart will create a way for you to be able to buy both together in there usual Walmart style fashion bundles
IIRC, Wal-Mart didn't advertise their exclusive version of SMB3 at all - my college roommate caught wind of it on a forum after we'd both bought the standard version at launch (he then drove out to the nearest Wal-Mart to get us copies with the extra cards). I'm not trying to be argumentative, just letting you guys know that it's not unprecedented for Wal-Mart to fail to properly advertise their exclusive versions of games. :)

Oh and I'm definitely aware of their other Nintendo exclusives - my post was actually a reply to someone on GAF that had already listed off many their exclusive console bundles and games (also mentioned by MetalGearHorus & Vinny below) but had not mentioned SMB3 for GBA.
They also recently had that exclusive Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle and the NSMB2 3DS XL. :)

I think I can debunk this idea right now. If you look at the official model number of this bundle at walmart it matches ever other retailers model number also. I would think if this bundle truly contained another sku (gold mario) that this bundle would in fact have a different model number.

If nintendo was smart(lol...I know..) , they would include gold mario with EVERY mario party 10. This would infact make it a multi million seller easily.
You're probably right but now I'm curious to find out if their version of SMB3 for GBA had a different SKU/UPC. I'll try to find the box for my copy later today and, if someone here has the standard version, maybe we can compare the UPC #'s?

I'll buy into the gold mario Walmart MP10 bundle theory. Might as well, as I bought into the CN reward theory. Preordered, lol.
I figure we could always cancel our orders once we get clarification so it's probably a good idea to pre-order now just in case I'm actually right about the bundle and they sell out in minutes. :)

Gameboy415's post at the top of the page reminded me of something else I was trying to think of whenever someone says Nintendo and Walmart-exclusives never happen.
44153_front.jpg

EDIT: Not saying that I really buy the whole Gold Mario until I see some sort of official word on it. But I guess since they don't charge until shipping, I might buy the bundle online just to hope it comes with a Gold one and the return it if it does not.
Yup! I love the Chibi Robo games and got this one at launch. :)
We'll hopefully get clarification on the Gold Marios before 3/20 so you could always cancel the bundle once we know more.

WM also had an exclusive Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver bundle that came with a cloth and figure in one big box.
Yeah, I remember seeing these a few years back. I think I got the same Lugia figure in Japan (I was living over there at the time).

I preordered the Walmart Mario Party 10 bundle the day that image came out, just in case. I'm still sure its BS though.
I'm evil but I know what's going to happen is that they're going to ship the ones that were pre-ordered early without the gold amiibos and only start bundling them in if you pre-ordered after the announce date

Yeah, BB is pretty shitty. I too have been burned one too many times with in store pickup preorders.

For anyone who is getting the reshipment from BB, did they mention anything to you about sending it back?
I'm just curious as I got my Majoras Mask LE game yesterday and the box was crushed. She put the order for a reshipment and said that I might or might not have to send the other back.
You have to send it back or you get charged.

Gameboy415's post at the top of the page reminded me of something else I was trying to think of whenever someone says Nintendo and Walmart-exclusives never happen.
44153_front.jpg

EDIT: Not saying that I really buy the whole Gold Mario until I see some sort of official word on it. But I guess since they don't charge until shipping, I might buy the bundle online just to hope it comes with a Gold one and the return it if it does not.
I love me some Chibi Robo!

I went to the local GS (South Jersey) where I had my Ike shipped to store to find out the status.  They have 2 Ikes in transit and 5 total preorders.  I'm first on the list as I ordered it December 11th before the others.  They'll call me once they get in.

So the Ike and Dedede from Walmart that FedEx would get here Wednesday got here today, but my Hyperdevotion Noire LE that was supposed to be delivered today by USPS is not here. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back