Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this port strike nonsense is actually true and the market gets flooded like Europe. All the bent box babies will be crying about how the rares are no longer rare and all the figures in store no longer have bent boxes and those with bends will actuall6 be rare! Quick everyone bend your box!

I'd love for the market to be flooded. Or at least easier to come by. It be nice to stope the whole I ordered x quantity do I can trade, leaving legit folks missing out for all those extras snatched up. Ahhh collecting.

I ordered 5 disney infinity figures from BB and they crammed all 5 in to a box exactly like that. fuck ing annoying as fuck . I feel your pain. I ordered the Sonic Amiibo from Target.com and I still don't even have any tracking information. I'm wondering what the hell is going on. Maybe it's stuck somewhere due to bad weather. I guess if the box is bent to shit, I might as well open it up. I'd like to keep it sealed in mint condition like the rest of my Sonic figures from over the years.
Still waiting on my Ike from Target too, tracking number they gave me on the 13th has no activity still. They estimate that it will be here from the 18th -23rd on their website. I called Customer Service and they will not help me out until its past the 23rd. They simply stated that they can not find any tracking information but it should arrive there between those dates. Well they have one more shipping day it would seem. It almost seems like I will be out an Ike which is all I am waiting for to complete Wave 3.

I hope this port strike nonsense is actually true and the market gets flooded like Europe. All the bent box babies will be crying about how the rares are no longer rare and all the figures in store no longer have bent boxes and those with bends will actuall6 be rare! Quick everyone bend your box!
I'm curious to see how big this port strike is... I mean, it would definitely explain why some figures are so ample in Europe but not in the US.

While I totally understand some of you don't give a shit if the box is bent, and that's your perogative, there's a large amount of us that do.
Maybe my choice of words conveyed too much emotion, but it's very annoying and disappointing to open up that package to see your prize bent or torn simply because the shlub couldn't be bothered to rotate his or her wrist 45 degrees to make the item fit properly.
It's frustrating. Irritating. Infuriating.
To collectors such as myself, the box is an integral part of the item.
I ordered a MM skull kid set, and the box has tears along the edges of the mask cutout.
It immediately devalues the peice and I haven't even layed hands on it.
It is very disconcerting, and I feel for those that experience it.
Personally I wish I were more likely those of you who don't care, I'd save a lot of money and shelf/wall space. But unfortunately, I do care.
Chastising me and others because we value the particulars such as box condition, paint jobs, etc is unnecessary and slightly moronic since at the end of the day we are all spending a excessive amount of time on here chasing the same $14 toy.

TL;DR
I don't break your balls for doing what you want w your toys, so don't break mine for caring about things you're not interested in.

I'm curious to see how big this port strike is... I mean, it would definitely explain why some figures are so ample in Europe but not in the US.
Realistically I don't think it will help that much, but I wanna be optimistic and say that it will help. I know N is notorious for using dumb logic, but you'd think smaller air shipments of amiibo or new 3ds would be shipped.

Who knows. Time will tell and it will be fun / depressing to see new amiibo. They may get snatched up faster than before

Supposedly it somehow shaved off 1% of our GDP so pretty big, something like 70% of port traffic goes through those places.

While I totally understand some of you don't give a shit if the box is bent, and that's your perogative, there's a large amount of us that do.
Maybe my choice of words conveyed too much emotion, but it's very annoying and disappointing to open up that package to see your prize bent or torn simply because the shlub couldn't be bothered to rotate his or her wrist 45 degrees to make the item fit properly.
I ordered a MM skull kid set, and the box has tears along the edges of the mask cutout.
Personally I wish I were more likely those of you who don't care, I'd save a lot of money and shelf/wall space. But unfortunately, I do care.
Chastising me and others because we value the particulars such as box condition, paint jobs, etc is unnecessary and slightly moronic since at the end of the day we are all spending a excessive amount of time on here chasing the same $14 toy.

TL;DR
I don't break your balls for doing what you want w your toys, so don't break mine for caring about things you're not interested in.
Exactly. There is nothing wrong with wanting what you ordered to be in as great a shape as possible. The fact of the matter is, that photo that shows the Sonic amiibos with the bent cards, is ridiculous. It is obvious that box was too small to put those figures with the card in, and that whoever packed it, just decided to be ridiculous, and bend the cards, rather than pack it in a proper sized box. That's horrible customer service, and the person who received it that way, should be mad. It's not whining, and it's not wrong for those who collect, and want as mint as possible a product, to be upset.

TL;DR
I'll never forget the hilarious "lecture" a CAG gave me for this exact same thing, all because he opened his up and expected me to do the same. Some people are ridiculous - don't let it bother you.

To clarify some things I said earlier, I don't want anyone to have to get bad packing.

I don't keep things sealed and I can understand if you'd like to do so. It's unfortunate that retailers aren't follwing through with adequate shipping. Some get great shipping from best buy others do not.

Safest bet at this point would be to go retail store and hand pick or roll the dice with shipping.

Kudos to keeping em in boxes...my fat fingers rip that packaging open and my daughter and I play with them.

Sorry to all if I came off salty earlier.

Here's to the next chaos of pre orders soon to come.

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with wanting what you ordered to be in as great a shape as possible. The fact of the matter is, that photo that shows the Sonic amiibos with the bent cards, is ridiculous. It is obvious that box was too small to put those figures with the card in, and that whoever packed it, just decided to be ridiculous, and bend the cards, rather than pack it in a proper sized box. That's horrible customer service, and the person who received it that way, should be mad. It's not whining, and it's not wrong for those who collect, and want as mint as possible a product, to be upset.
The whole caring about the condition of the boxes extends far beyond just toy collecting too... I know numerous people who have complained about the condition of sneaker boxes that were shipped to their house and have been reimbursed handsomely for that..

While some may say it's petty, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the same quality that would be obtained in-store (or at least close)

TL;DR
Well said sir! These things matter to collectors, of all types. Bends or creases and tears devalue collectible items such as comic books, trading cards, sports cards alike. If creases don't bother someone, then thats all they need to say, but for someone to dismiss someones feeling or opinions just because they don't see it as a big deal is immature and disrespectful. The Golden rule applies on the internet too people. #growup

100% this.

Everything I've ever sold/traded on here or eBay and everything I ever sent to friends or family was packed with the utmost care. Thinking that destroying the package of an item that is technically the customer's property now is ludicrous. Even if someone plans on just opening the Amiibo up, they shouldn't have the items sent to them that way.

It's pretty simple.

Still waiting on my Ike from Target too, tracking number they gave me on the 13th has no activity still. They estimate that it will be here from the 18th -23rd on their website. I called Customer Service and they will not help me out until its past the 23rd. They simply stated that they can not find any tracking information but it should arrive there between those dates. Well they have one more shipping day it would seem. It almost seems like I will be out an Ike which is all I am waiting for to complete Wave 3.
Same thing with me. Shows that it moved from one location in AZ to another location in AZ, that was about 5 days ago now. I'mn not too worried at this point. If it doesn't show up by the end of next week I will call them up and see if they can help.

Safest bet at this point would be to go retail store and hand pick or roll the dice with shipping.
Easier said than done. It's not like most people have time to drive from store to store to try and track these things down... not to mention that fact that most of them don't even make it to the rack these days, since most people pre-order them or line up for them.

Also, it's not like the minimum wage employees at WM, Target or GS give any more shits than the minimum wage employees at shipping centers. When I was at my GS picking up my Shulk, I had an employee hold the package from the card and wave it around like it was a fan... telling me all the people who've been looking for these.

To put it in perspective you already have a shulk on pre-order at MSRP and Falcon/Pit are wave 2 amiibos that were likely affected by the port strike in one way or another, there's at least a chance that they'll pop up somewhere in next month. No one's talking about MM LE restocks at all
I think the port strike is an over reaction, I doubt a bunc of rare amiibos are going to start popping up in stores

Easier said than done. It's not like most people have time to drive from store to store to try and track these things down... not to mention that fact that most of them don't even make it to the rack these days, since most people pre-order them or line up for them.

Also, it's not like the minimum wage employees at WM, Target or GS give any more shits than the minimum wage employees at shipping centers. When I was at my GS picking up my Shulk, I had an employee hold the package from the card and wave it around like it was a fan... telling me all the people who've been looking for these.

Trust me. This is amiibo we are talking about. I know it's easier said than done, but for someone who wants flawless packaging it's the safest route. This is an amiibo hunt. I have only ordered commons online. The rest I've had to search for. It's not easy, but neither is being online at the right time clicking f5.

Just stating this amiibo game is tough to be in, let alone relying on chains to package them well at each facility they have. That's all

<p>

Completely incorrect the port strikes have been going on since last November funnily enough around the same time amiibos even realeased,his theory isnt unreasonable at all although im doubting the strikes severely affected the availability of wave 1 rares but its still a possibility

Oh fuck me I thought it just got serious recently!

Are we still talking about bent cards in shipping?

You have to see it from the perspective of the packer. They did not "just decide to be ridiculous". Since they probably have a packed/minute or packed/hour quota, they can't be concerned with protecting the packaging. The packaging is garbage and the item itself will be undamaged. 

I would guess what happened is the packer grabbed the wrong sized box and didn't have time to go back and grab another.

Sucks, but this is likely what their mindset is. Blame warehouses for retailers requiring their employees to keep insane quotas that hold quanity over quality.

100% this.

Everything I've ever sold/traded on here or eBay and everything I ever sent to friends or family was packed with the utmost care. Thinking that destroying the package of an item that is technically the customer's property now is ludicrous. Even if someone plans on just opening the Amiibo up, they shouldn't have the items sent to them that way.

It's pretty simple.
Yup.
I just sold a blind box funco figure on Amazon the other day. It's nearly impossible to damage these yet I packed it extra carefully and even reboxed it.

I've also shipped at least 5 amiibo to various cags and every one I packed as if it were my own and receive thanks from the buyers that the item was well packed.

I understand a big company will never show as much care but smaller places like play Asia and Tokyo otaku mode packed my amiibo orders so well it was basically indestructible.

I guess what I am driving a is it's always nice to receive your order in pristine condition, especially if you're a collector.

Same thing with me. Shows that it moved from one location in AZ to another location in AZ, that was about 5 days ago now. I'mn not too worried at this point. If it doesn't show up by the end of next week I will call them up and see if they can help.
Same thing with me and target order of 2 mega man. Ordered on the 15th. Got the email that it shipped later that same day. Tracking information should its initial scan in AZ and then didn't show anything until yesterday when it updated that the post office now had it. It was

delivered today by the post office and i even got an email a few hours later from target telling me my package was delivered. They weren't just shoved in the box they were laid over each other facing opposite ways so they interlocked basically and they had air packaging on top of them.

Realistically I don't think it will help that much, but I wanna be optimistic and say that it will help. I know N is notorious for using dumb logic, but you'd think smaller air shipments of amiibo or new 3ds would be shipped.

Who knows. Time will tell and it will be fun / depressing to see new amiibo. They may get snatched up faster than before
On the radio I heard that Honda cut production for 25,000 cars with another 5000 next week because it doesn't have the parts. If you want to put that into prospective, there you go. There are tons of ships taxied outside the longbeach waterfront, I've picketed at some of these ports in Long Beach and they are massive!!!!!!!!!

Every time I check this thread it's either people arguing over something inane or me barely missing some rare amiibo going on sale. This whole situation is insufferable. 

Mega Man came today from Amazon pre order that went up on Wed night. It came in perfect condition. Mega man is probably the best looking one so far that I own.

Every time I check this thread it's either people arguing over something inane or me barely missing some rare amiibo going on sale. This whole situation is insufferable.
And the other half of the time it's people complaining about people complaining on the thread :p

I keep finding myself checking this thread because I don't want to miss the Wave 4 pre-orders. I just want them to go up, get my pre-orders in, and get some type of break!

That's what happens when there's no news to be had for days and everyone is foaming at the mouth for wave 4, gold Mario and hard to find characters.

So happy to finally have all 29 amiibo to date. I'm running out of shelf space for these things.

Megaman, Bowser, Fox, Shulk, and Toon Link are my favs thus far.

Wow. I am speechless. I teach an elementary school class for Exceptional Children. That's not a joke - that part is real. And even they put more creativity and hell, more of an actual effort into an argument than you. Okay. I get it. You only like to hear yourself talk. I won't bother responding to you again.
Well I am relieved to hear that you don't teach writing composition. It is starting to make more sense now though that you think business is about 'fairness' since you're used to dealing with children.

You were dying to rehash this argument, hence the digs at me. So don't sit here and act all taken aback because I'm not giving you the expected response to your barbs. It also wasn't good enough for you to get the last word before. So here we go.

As far as the original subject goes, Gamestop is bad business in regard to the Ike pre-order situation. I was never interested in arguing with you. I know exactly who is right and who is wrong in the situation. Gamestop is wrong for re-allocating his pre-orders the day before pickup. Any cancellations of orders should have been on a last in, first out basis. End of story. Some dude ordered 3 Ikes, so what? Maybe he wants to play with one, keep another for his collection, and give one to his nephew. It doesn't matter that he ordered multiples and it's presumptuous for you or anybody else to pass judgement on him. He can resell them if he wants and that's still nobodies business but his. There weren't limits on pre-orders. Gamestop can indeed do whatever they want using their own stupid pre-order policies. They'll happily take your money months in advance and then do whatever they want with the product you ordered. The practice of pre-ordering, (in addition to things like DRM, on-disc DLC, the publishing of incomplete games at retail) is very anti-consumer and something we should not be supporting in the first place. But that's an entirely different discussion. In the case of amiibo, we have no other options but to pre-order.

But Gamestop is bad and I can't believe how many people defend them. They don't do anything to service us. We service them. The "gotta have it now now now" mentality of generation Y and Z is the only reason GS is still in business. Because with a little foresight, there's not a purchase or service you can't get better/cheaper somewhere else. You guys that advocate for some of Gamestop's practices, guess what, you're supporting the biggest reseller in the entire industry.

Mega Man came today from Amazon pre order that went up on Wed night. It came in perfect condition. Mega man is probably the best looking one so far that I own.
Of all them I think the 3 nicest are probably Mega Man, The King and probably a tie between Bowser and Meta Knight.

Every wave has gotten nicer and nicer looking too.

Where is the cheapest place to get a Pit from? I'm wanting one to open so I don't care if it's from overseas or not. I'm not too familiar with finding things from overseas.

He only sold quickly because some people were all like "Toad will be the least produced amiibo in the MP10 line" Then everyone is all "GOTTA GET TOAD!"
If someone said the Yoshi or Donkey kong MP10 was the least produced they would have sold out first

Not really, toad sold out first because it's the only one that's not a duplicate.

in the packers defense he probably went fast.

I thought rosalina was going to get released in SMS form. Wasn't she part of that infographic about amiibo functionality?
The info graphic was fan made, not nintendo official. People need to stop assuming as fact that there will be a rosalina super Mario amiibo until it is announced by nintendo. Just because there is a figure in game footage doesn't mean anything. Nintendo probably hasn't even decided if they are going to do a second rosalina, they're probably waiting to see how the first wave does.

Wow. I am speechless. I teach an elementary school class for Exceptional Children. That's not a joke - that part is real. And even they put more creativity and hell, more of an actual effort into an argument than you. Okay. I get it. You only like to hear yourself talk. I won't bother responding to you again.
Just ignore this nitwit. He's only here to argue and there is no winning with him. If you do, he'll just put you on ignore anyway (like myself and gnoh are). No one wants him around but he can't take the hint.

That's what happens when there's no news to be had for days and everyone is foaming at the mouth for wave 4, gold Mario and hard to find characters.
Or complaining about my signature which can be easily disabled with one click. Turn it off or deal with it. #Don'tHateAppreciate :whee:

I'd love for the market to be flooded. Or at least easier to come by. It be nice to stope the whole I ordered x quantity do I can trade, leaving legit folks missing out for all those extras snatched up. Ahhh collecting.
Nintendo announced in their shareholder meeting that they will be doing limited edition/run amiibos so they are definitely targeting the collectors with these toys

I doubt it will affect amiibo supply that much or nintendo would have said something about it to their shareholders. At most it's probably delaying a few Marios.

Ups gave my Ike's to usps 5 days ago and it hasn't moved since, not sure what usps is doing...

So who do we think will end up being the Commons of this wave?
Wario and Charizard have lasted the longest on international preorder sites. That's a pretty good indication they will be the commons. Most likely Similar to the toon link/ sheik of this wave

Or complaining about my signature which can be easily disabled with one click. Turn it off or deal with it. #Don'tHateAppreciate :whee:
The option to disable sigs is fantastic and something every forum should offer. I definitely appreciate that.

Well I am relieved to hear that you don't teach writing composition. It is starting to make more sense now though that you think business is about 'fairness' since you're used to dealing with children.

You were dying to rehash this argument, hence the digs at me. So don't sit here and act all taken aback because I'm not giving you the expected response to your barbs. It also wasn't good enough for you to get the last word before. So here we go.

As far as the original subject goes, Gamestop is bad business in regard to the Ike pre-order situation. I was never interested in arguing with you. I know exactly who is right and who is wrong in the situation. Gamestop is wrong for re-allocating his pre-orders the day before pickup. Any cancellations of orders should have been on a last in, first out basis. End of story. Some dude ordered 3 Ikes, so what? Maybe he wants to play with one, keep another for his collection, and give one to his nephew. It doesn't matter that he ordered multiples and it's presumptuous for you or anybody else to pass judgement on him. He can resell them if he wants and that's still nobodies business but his. There weren't limits on pre-orders. Gamestop can indeed do whatever they want using their own stupid pre-order policies. They'll happily take your money months in advance and then do whatever they want with the product you ordered. The practice of pre-ordering, (in addition to things like DRM, on-disc DLC, the publishing of incomplete games at retail) is very anti-consumer and something we should not be supporting in the first place. But that's an entirely different discussion. In the case of amiibo, we have no other options but to pre-order.

But Gamestop is bad and I can't believe how many people defend them. They don't do anything to service us. We service them. The "gotta have it now now now" mentality of generation Y and Z is the only reason GS is still in business. Because with a little foresight, there's not a purchase or service you can't get better/cheaper somewhere else. You guys that advocate for some of Gamestop's practices, guess what, you're supporting the biggest reseller in the entire industry.
Where would you have gotten Xenoblade for Wii or Monster Hunter New 3DS without Gamestop? But ya they are crappy company, but they DO have exclusives you can't get elsewhere.

I just received my Megaman and Ike from Target. They didn't use any protection( bubble wrap, or cushion), but they arrived in perfect condition. I only need my King Dedede to complete my wave 3.

Having something shipped from any place is always a risk so I do not see what all the fuss is about, if you really wanted them in perfect condition pre-order in store or for pick up 

Where would you have gotten Xenoblade for Wii or Monster Hunter New 3DS without Gamestop? But ya they are crappy company, but they DO have exclusives you can't get elsewhere.
You're absolutely right. Exclusives are unfortunate. My second to the last statement was a bit hyperbolic. Sometimes you simply have no choice where you shop when it comes to exclusives.

But do you remember what happened with the second wave of Xenoblade? Yeah... Gamestop doesn't do us any favors. And to touch on the subject of exclusivity, it is more often than not a bad deal for consumers. Many exclusives consist of companies paying publishers a set amount of money just to keep the title out of the hands of other companies (Call of Duty map packs on Xbox, Sony paying for Destiny exclusives). Exclusivity too, is very anti-consumer more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back