Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Pardon me. I didn't realize you intended to look ignorant. Allow me to assume every post you make in the future is intentional stupidity that you will then later call parody.
Joking =/= ignorant

don't project your own stupidity onto me because you can't take a joke.

I've been able to preorder everything online thus far, so I guess the hardest ones for me were just the ones that arrived damaged - Luigi, Sheik, and Sonic.  Thankfully, I found replacements fairly quickly, so it wasn't all that bad.

Pit was probably hardest for me, other than Ike (Who I had to import), and Captain Falcon.

I lucked the hell out with Pit and happened to call my GS right when they were down to their last non-preordered one, and they held it overnight for me. (I was out of town for a cousins game that weekend). And on Captain Falcon I managed to walk into Target's right when it hit the shelf (After the lady told me that it hadnt came in that day)

Cap and pit were my hardest to get in store so far.
Both involved good timing, web stock tracking and employee schmoozing.
But I have em.
All other hard to finds I got lucky on shipping/preorders/launch day releases.
Pit and Captain were my favorite because of the hunt... On both days I had the phone in my hand checking calling target while at target found one with 4 Captain's (bought 2) and with pit called stores as soon as their check mark turned green (I mean as soon) took 2 stores extra 1 they had after preorders... Now I do trades of I can't get them myself but I miss those hunting days

imagine if due to all the problems there been with even the pre-orders here that nintendo decide to just set a release date but not allow pre-orders and make it a free for all in stores on release date lol god help us in that situation
It's up to the store to decide when preorders are or if there are any, not nintendo
wave 4 goes up tonight 3 am est at gamestop, tomorrow at best buy
If you're wrong I'm blocking you

How does preordering from Amazon work? Can I just order a complete box with 1 each? As in, 1 Robin, 1 Lucina, 1 Ness, 1 PacMan, 1 Charizard and 1 Wario? That's how ordering other items work but with Amiibos I am clueless.

How does preordering from Amazon work? Can I just order a complete box with 1 each? As in, 1 Robin, 1 Lucina, 1 Ness, 1 PacMan, 1 Charizard and 1 Wario? That's how ordering other items work but with Amiibos I am clueless.
not in my experience... each listing is indiviidual and you have to add to your cart and checkout, or 1 click buy... I'd set up 1 click buy if I were you and open each character up in it's own tab and hope for the best

I would say yes and no.. Yes because what you can do is basically preorder 1 of each then on shipping options choose fewer shipments as possible.. But see even that doesn't guarantee one box of each one

I would say yes and no.. Yes because what you can do is basically preorder 1 of each then on shipping options choose fewer shipments as possible.. But see even that doesn't guarantee one box of each one
i think they mean having a single order of a case that contains each character in it - like you can usually do with regular action figures.

Oh ya ever since I lost prime last year I haven't ordered anything from Amazon.... Target red card and GCU all day (perfect tools for any amiibo hunter)

I've been able to preorder everything online thus far, so I guess the hardest ones for me were just the ones that arrived damaged - Luigi, Sheik, and Sonic. Thankfully, I found replacements fairly quickly, so it wasn't all that bad.
Damn your figures were damaged no way!

Wait wait wait. You're getting replaced because your cardboard was bent?
Wait wait wait. You're getting replaced because your cardboard was bent?
Damn your figures were damaged no way!
Keeping items new in box is a common practice in collecting many things and the condition of that box is important. I don't see why that is so hard for some people to understand and the constant trolling about it in this thread is really annoying.

Keeping items new in box is a common practice in collecting many things and the condition of that box is important. I don't see why that is so hard for some people to understand and the constant trolling about it in this thread is really annoying.
Seriously, there's plenty of similar complaining that happens in other threads should a game arrive damaged. Why should figures be any different?

No. Nintendo ships cases for each figure (4 each, I believe), not an assortment. And I don't think I've seen Amazon sell manufacturer's case assortments anyway.

You know why newegg got all of the exclusive amiibos listed? Because they will all be re-released as alongside wave 4 retailer-wide.

I called it.

Hi,

I checked the first page and didn't see anything. Is there somewhere on the interwebz where we can see for instance rarity of an amiibo and the difference between USA/EU/Japan versions?

I randonmly found a Lucario in a store in Spain and it's literally the only amiibo I've been able to see in a store here besides Mario. Is it considered rare in the states? I know TRU exclusively had it avaialable for preorder.

Hi,

I checked the first page and didn't see anything. Is there somewhere on the interwebz where we can see for instance rarity of an amiibo and the difference between USA/EU/Japan versions?

I randonmly found a Lucario in a store in Spain and it's literally the only amiibo I've been able to see in a store here besides Mario. Is it considered rare in the states? I know TRU exclusively had it avaialable for preorder.
The only difference between regions is the package. The Amiibo is the same.

Lucario could be considered rare now as they are hard to find at TRU. They come in small quantities now, if they even get them at all.

I sold my Lucario to an employee at GS for $15 as that was the one he wanted the most and was unable to find it. Now, I look for one in US packaging when I stop by TRU randomly. I wasn't using it yet so I sold it. I have one coming in from overseas now, but I have a US Rosalina, Shulk and MK that I would like to have a full set of boxed exclusives.

Hi,

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/wiki/rarity

I kind of feel like we'll get another wave of these once the port strikes are over. They're making it a pain for overseas companies to supply stores.

a prophesy indeed
That's what I get for trying to get fancy. "a prophecy" is the noun. I had left out the "a" and tried to use the verb "prophesy" as an adverb. Technically, it should have been "prophetical" or "prophetic", but how many people actually caught that? ;)

You know, we keep wondering when pre-orders for the real Wave 4 will go live, but I find it curious that there's no CPSIA data yet. When did the data go up in relation to stores accepting pre-orders for Wave 2, Wave 3 and the Super Mario line? And who thinks Nintendo might increase production runs at this point? The data don't show how many were made, so we'll never know if they go large during those single month production runs for some of these rares. That would be really smart on Nintendo's part.

You know, we keep wondering when pre-orders for the real Wave 4 will go live, but I find it curious that there's no CPSIA data yet. When did the data go up in relation to stores accepting pre-orders for Wave 2, Wave 3 and the Super Mario line? And who thinks Nintendo might increase production runs at this point? The data don't show how many were made, so we'll never know if they go large during those single month production runs for some of these rares. That would be really smart on Nintendo's part.
Preorders normally go up before the cpsia page goes up. That's because allotments are decided before the things actually go into production and the cpsia page goes up after the the stuff goes into production. It's like 3 month process with these amiibos. 1 month to plan. 1 month to produce. And 1 month to ship to retailers.

Your face when Wave 4 is the wave of no pre-orders.

Absolutely bloodbath.
i honestly wonder what the stores will look like on day 1 if there actually wasnt any advanced pre-orders and just a release date pop up and had to be at the stores on that day to get them lol cause even though there been pre-orders for the other waves there been huge distribution problems and delays and mass cancellations and more which im sure retailers are getting tired of to

Preorders normally go up before the cpsia page goes up. That's because allotments are decided before the things actually go into production and the cpsia page goes up after the the stuff goes into production. It's like 3 month process with these amiibos. 1 month to plan. 1 month to produce. And 1 month to ship to retailers.
I think it is a longer cycle. These come over on the 'slow boat' don't they? I saw somewhere that Toad doesn't come out until December of this year. I figured they are on a 6 month lead minimum.

The real question is..if you were able to choose any retailer from which to preorder, which one do you choose?

Basically, all things considered, which store is the best place to preorder and why?

The real question is..if you were able to choose any retailer from which to preorder, which one do you choose?

Basically, all things considered, which store is the best place to preorder and why?

Best Buy. 20% off and double reward points. Never had a single issue with amiibo from them.

I think it is a longer cycle. These come over on the 'slow boat' don't they? I saw somewhere that Toad doesn't come out until December of this year. I figured they are on a 6 month lead minimum.
Yeah for new amiibos it is probably longer like that. I was just giving a very rough estimate.
I think if they planned on rereleasing older figures it would take 3 months minimum to get them to stores from planning production though. Which is why I thought it was crazy how optimistic some people are. If restocked are coming, then they're not coming for a while.

Gamestop should save your pre-orders in-store if they follow policy and online should be shipped. The only problem is they seem to get amiibos the last out of all retailers lately.

I wish it was BBY since I have GCU but truth be told it is Gamestop. They have never let me down with a pre-order going back a decade plus. Gamestop is the best for that peace of mind.

A lot of people didn't know about the port strike? Shits been happening since November and its a big hit to our economy and most of you are sitting here complaining about bent cardboard.murica

A lot of people didn't know about the port strike? Shits been happening since November and its a big hit to our economy and most of you are sitting here complaining about bent cardboard.murica
In fairness, the story hasn't been getting much coverage until the last few weeks. The union was even denying any work slowdowns were happening until very recently. Considering the real impact was a delay of between a couple of weeks and a month for most cargo going through the ports, the impact in the long term will probably be minimal as those goods will still be delivered (with the possible exception of some perishable goods), especially now that the dispute has been resolved.

I think Pikachu is becoming rare. At Target this morning, they only had 700,000 of them on the pegs - versus last week when they had about 900,000. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back