Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email from GameStop that they take amiibo for trade-in, but the trade page they link to doesn't have any entries for them yet.

Er, sorry, tweet, not email.

I really freaking want a New 3DS XL. Bastards are selling them for $350 though... I bought my Wii U for $180 and it came with a bunch of games and controllers, my PS4 was $190 and came with 7 games and 4 controllers and my Xbone was $150 and came with 2 games and 2 controllers. I'm not about to spend over $225 for a handheld unless it can make sweet, sweet love to me and make me a smoked ham. Any word on restocks?
Saw a black one this morning at Walmart here in South Jersey.

Got an email from GameStop that they take amiibo for trade-in, but the trade page they link to doesn't have any entries for them yet.
Pfft.... Who would want to trade in their Amiibo's, let alone I bet once GameStop starts advertising that they are taking in Amiibo's they will give us $4 each then sell the rare ones for $50+ and just say they are simply matching the marketplace price for them used. :/

Pfft.... Who would want to trade in their Amiibo's, let alone I bet once GameStop starts advertising that they are taking in Amiibo's they will give us $4 each then sell the rare ones for $50+ and just say they are simply matching the marketplace price for them used. :/
If one were to decide they liked the SM Yoshi instead of the SSB Yoshi they already had, I could see this being useful. Otherwise no.

I work part time at Vintage Stock and I can confirm, we, along with Gamestop, buy them next to nothing and sell them quadrupole the price. We bought a headset from a guy for $15 and are currently selling it for $159.99. Never buy anything from GS if you think you might resale in the future.

Unrelated: Anyone try those character-themed pad controllers? They have Mario themed ones right now, and Samus, Donkey Kong, LOZ and more are coming out later. Look like a Gamecube controller but with a better right side analog stick.
I have the Mario, Luigi & Yoshi fight pads, and I really enjoy 'em... Would like to collect the rest once they come out!

Do we really need your posts criticizing people for collecting a different way than you? You're not going to get a clean thread with only info you care about and that's okay because you don't have to read every post. If some truly useful info comes along, it will be obvious.

I can't say I disagree about all the useless posts in here, but there is use to the packaging posts. It might give you an idea of which retailer you want to go with based on how well they pack Amiibo. Most of the content in this thread is "my X shipped" or "my X hasn't shipped yet" posts, bitching about resellers, and arguing about speculation. Not a lot of truly useful info. I think this thread would have benefitted from not being in the deals section because the only Amiibo deals I'm aware of was a Best Buy glitch on preorders and I think Tru had a B2G1. Being in the deals section brings the thread more traffic, but that includes lots of lurkers and useless posts.

Opening your Amiibo and using them does not make you more entitled to buy them than someone who collects them in the package. Amiibo have pretty laughable functionality imo and I would bet most people don't buy them to use with a console and a lot probably don't even understand their functionality in games.

I'm sure Fire Emblem isn't some obscure game to many people on this forum and people who care enough to collect these figures new in box, but no doubt there are a lot of people collecting these who only got into it because they saw what happened with Marth, Villager, and WFT. You can go back to the early days of this thread and compare how many posts per day there were then compared to now and it's obvious. If every figure was as common as Mario, this thread would be pretty dead.
Totally! the last thing I would attempt to try to do is try to clean an online forum. Might as well try to drink all the water in the sea. But the people i'm referring to are the people who purchased multiple and are obviously trying to scalp.

I'm also feeling we can never get consistent packaging info also because we all live in different states/get shipped from different whorehouses (lol spellcheck did it not me but you get what i mean ). It is useful information. I feel like nobody is going to pick and choose on their packing from retailers when they get a instock alert from walmart or a different one they have had a bad experience from. They would still order regardless.

In the end if you're a particularly picky collector where a small bend/dent is gonna blow you over the edge it's best probably to not set yourself up to get angry

I really freaking want a New 3DS XL. Bastards are selling them for $350 though... I bought my Wii U for $180 and it came with a bunch of games and controllers, my PS4 was $190 and came with 7 games and 4 controllers and my Xbone was $150 and came with 2 games and 2 controllers. I'm not about to spend over $225 for a handheld unless it can make sweet, sweet love to me and make me a smoked ham. Any word on restocks?
My target had 3 red ones today.

Let's actually pretend for a second you are telling the truth (which you are not), you are talking about buying used game systems and crying about the price of NEW system which came out a week ago.

not that hard to do.

i got 14 rosalina.

all for my grandkids of course
rosalina was a lot easier to get multiples of than meta knight since stores got 24+ of them. Most stores only got 5 or less meta knight

only way to get that many is to place multiple online orders and bestbuy is a lot stricter than target on canceling or banning people who do multiple orders.

rosalina was a lot easier to get multiples of than meta knight since stores got 24+ of them. Most stores only got 5 or less meta knight

only way to get that many is to place multiple online orders and bestbuy is a lot stricter than target on canceling or banning people who do multiple orders.
Prob used his parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Accounts. Not that hard if you have tons of family.

Any word on when Wave 4 Pre Orders will go live, been hearing from different people they thinks its going to be today but have no way of confirming when. Also, has anyone had any luck getting King DeDeDe from Target . com since the very first time they went live. I know with Mega Man and Sonic there were small windows that you could order them after the first time they went live, havent had the same luck with Dedede so im still waiting to be able to get in my first order. 

Let's actually pretend for a second you are telling the truth (which you are not), you are talking about buying used game systems and crying about the price of NEW system which came out a week ago.
Just another troll on this site, little more stealthy than normal but a troll none the less.

Any word on when Wave 4 Pre Orders will go live, been hearing from different people they thinks its going to be today but have no way of confirming when. Also, has anyone had any luck getting King DeDeDe from Target . com since the very first time they went live. I know with Mega Man and Sonic there were small windows that you could order them after the first time they went live, havent had the same luck with Dedede so im still waiting to be able to get in my first order.
tonight at 3am, and everyday for the last week.

I am curious where did you get your systems for I am on buy and sell sites search ebay amazon as well as craigslist and to get the systems for so cheap am I missing other places to look.

I highly enjoy m Wii U, and I know many people who do. In fact, since Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. came out, our Walmart can't keep them in stock!
It was one of my best gaming purchases and I got mine around November and it already had a nice backlog. I'm still working through Mario 3D world, DK Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101 and of course Smash.

Bayonetta 2 was my game of the year for 2014... That game is the tits

I am curious where did you get your systems for I am on buy and sell sites search ebay amazon as well as craigslist and to get the systems for so cheap am I missing other places to look.
He's making it up or buying stolen property. There is no magical place.

It was one of my best gaming purchases and I got mine around November and it already had a nice backlog. I'm still working through Mario 3D world, DK Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101 and of course Smash.

Bayonetta 2 was my game of the year for 2014... That game is the tits
All great games! I have Bayonetta 2 (and of course the included Bayonetta) in my backlog. I've got so much to play between my 3DS and Wii U, I haven't got time for any other system.

I have an unopened red I'm getting ready to return to Walmart.

If anyone wants it for $230 (I think that's close to at cost with S&H) please PM me if you are having trouble finding a red in stock locally.

both the black and red ones are selling for $250 on amazon....

Just gotta bargain, man. Keep asking and offering until there's a deal made.

Rosalina was only easier because there wasn't any store pick up and they hardly had a preorder online.

I seen a tonnnnn of Meta Knights for store pick up at Best Buy, I can only imagine what they shipped out since they had preorders available for a lot longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back