Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to help a friend complete all the waves of amiibos in exchange for magic cards. I do admire his joy in opening the boxes, especially after exhaling how much value was being lost in opening them

Decided to help a friend complete all the waves of amiibos in exchange for magic cards. I do admire his joy in opening the boxes, especially after exhaling how much value was being lost in opening them

attachicon.gif
20150222_192659.jpgDecided to complete my friend's wave 1-3 amiibo collection today in exchange for magic cards. The carnage was glorious though a little disconcerting how nonchalant he was in opening them even after I explained to him how much they're worth NIB, gotta love it though
Some people prefer to save space and actually appreciate the figure outside of the box and dont care as much about the value...

So here is my story. I'm not really a guy to buy figurines but I'm doing a theme for my bedroom between movies and games, mostly for posters but my dad suggested to buy few action figures and displayed them as well. So Friday I couldn't make it to my job so I kinda wanna go to Best Buy which I totally forgot that Game of Thrones Season 4 came out this week and I was so frustrated because of that I didn't got the slipcover I wanted. Anyway so I always check the gaming section and noticed the amiibo section completed empty but there was a Sheik amiibo and looking at all the tag I was like, "wait did a new wave came out recently," and I saw the Toon Link tag and I was like oh man I wish I could have that to put it as part of my bedroom theme.

So I gather an interested to hunt for that Toon Link. So I went to a Target that is super near, I'm lucky that I have a Target and Best Buy like 5 minutes from my home, to see if there was any Toon Link. For my surprise it looks like no one have gone to that Target since the Amiibo section was packed, apart of the usual commons ones, there was a bunch of Toon Link and Sheik. So I finally grab the Toon Link which was the one I wanted. After I go home I decided to check online and just realized Metal Knight, Ike, Mega Man, and Sonic all came out today. And I kinda wanted Metal Knight and Ike since both look kinda awesome so my hunt for them begins.

I spend Saturday and Sunday looking around and I even thought of collecting all the amiibo but I just realized that for doing this you need a lot of free time which I don't have. So end of story, at least I got Link and Zelda as well. I may get a few like Samus and Mario but amiibo are too time consuming and too much hassle. I really wish I could get Metal Knight and Ike. Maybe I will pay attention for when Ganondorf amiibo comes out because I need to complete the Legend of Zelda amiibo, which reminds me that I should have gotten Sheik as well.
Let us know if you ever find that metal knight.

I think those have been out for a while though. I mean some imitation amiibo with nfc from taiwan or somewhere.

Whatever, dude. The awesome thing is, I don't have to do a thing you say.
As Much as you want to deny it. You got back on topic so it's nice to see you do as you're told :whistle2:

how can you even compare the 2? ebay is an auction site. amazon is not.
I'm not comparing them? The guy said new 3ds costs $350. I said no it costs less than $260 on eBay, he said he doesn't use eBay, he uses amazon. so I said its even cheaper at amazon. Comparing eBay and amazon wasn't even the point.

Plus most of eBay sales are buy it now anyway, it's not as big of an auction site anymore

attachicon.gif
20150222_192659.jpgDecided to complete my friend's wave 1-3 amiibo collection today in exchange for magic cards. The carnage was glorious though a little disconcerting how nonchalant he was in opening them even after I explained to him how much they're worth NIB, gotta love it though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PrRUKFcnPM
I'm not a huge collector but I don't the see point of having things if you can't enjoy it.

Like i said. If you want to blow nintendo and gush about the wii u go to the wii u general discussion thread. Wii u sales, How much you like bayonetta & how you play your wii u more than your other system's don't have anything to do with amiibo deals & discussion. Stop derailing.
Amiibos are used on the wii u, so any talk about the wii u is relevant. There was plenty of new 3ds xl talk in this thread and I don't see you complaining about that.

Amiibos are used on the wii u, so any talk about the wii u is relevant. There was plenty of new 3ds xl talk in this thread and I don't see you complaining about that.
Worst logic ever. Considering your 3ds coversations are about prices and not about amiibo compatibility. Just like his wii u conversation had nothing to do with amiibo Or it's compatibility with the system. You're both in the wrong. Thanks for pointing that out chief.

Some people prefer to save space and actually appreciate the figure outside of the box and dont care as much about the value...

Let us know if you ever find that metal knight.
I know and they look amazing out of box, it's just kinda crazy if you think about how much "value" difference they are inside the box Vs. Out especially for that many amiibos

Just got a dedede to complete all 3 waves, named him dadidou because I thought it was funny that it's his name in French, now I have a complete open collection! Dedede was wrecking some of my other amiibos today

They need to make these Amiibo cards already. How am I suppose To use Amiibo with my N3DS in public?

Any news about the new Mario Kart 8 DLC (comes out in May)? Perhaps, the new DLC will allow the newer Amiibos to unlock more costumes (Bowser, Rosalina etc.). Hopefully, the Diddy Amiibo unlocks him in Mario Kart 8 (wishful thinking). What do you guys think?

You know what's funny.  It's only the people that open their amiibo that feel the need to explain themselves.  and also feel the need to take shots at people who don't open them.  You never hear the boxed collectors trying to explain their reasoning or defend themselves.

Any news about the new Mario Kart 8 DLC (comes out in May)? Perhaps, the new DLC will allow the newer Amiibos to unlock more costumes (Bowser, Rosalina etc.). Hopefully, the Diddy Amiibo unlocks him in Mario Kart 8 (wishful thinking). What do you guys think?
no news yet, but agreed added amiibo costumes would be a nice bonus. The diddy thing would be cool, but i dont see it happening.

Any DFW locals know if *ANY* of the N. Texas/DFW Metroplex Gamestops received their shipments of Sonic, Mega Man, Ike or D3? I know the last two are supposed to be "by" Wednesday per the memo... but it is odd for Sonic/MM to be over 2 weeks late.

You know what's funny. It's only the people that open their amiibo that feel the need to explain themselves. and also feel the need to take shots at people who don't open them. You never hear the boxed collectors trying to explain their reasoning or defend themselves.
I take it you like to keep them in the box.
What's the problem either way? They are just toys, some of us like the way they look out of the box, some of us like how they look in the box.
What's the point of arguing about how you like to display your toys?

You going for complete a collection or just favorite's? Good luck either way.
I actually wanted amiibos from the start but $12.99 seemed steep to me, plus I actually wanted DK for a while

Any idea why they were a lower price? I've also been looking at Pikachu and Link but idk if I should wait or hop on them now

I take it you like to keep them in the box.
What's the problem either way? They are just toys, some of us like the way they look out of the box, some of us like how they look in the box.
What's the point of arguing about how you like to display your toys?
uh. yeah. That was kind of the point of my post.

But I guess some people need the dots connected in a righteous fashion in order to arrive at the conclusion.

I dont know if this has been asked buuuuut....

Can I use my amiibos in Smash if I keep them sealed? Because I want to play with them but not open them at the same time!

I dont know if this has been asked buuuuut....

Can I use my amiibos in Smash if I keep them sealed? Because I want to play with them but not open them at the same time!
If you purchase the amiibos loose in package, you can.

I actually wanted amiibos from the start but $12.99 seemed steep to me, plus I actually wanted DK for a while

Any idea why they were a lower price? I've also been looking at Pikachu and Link but idk if I should wait or hop on them now
Assumption is there were a ton of them made or they weren't selling as well so they reduced priced to get rid of some stock. Link probably won't get reduced since it sells so well.

I kinda hope Pikachu does since I need to snag one, but haven't since it is so damn common.

Worst logic ever. Considering your 3ds coversations are about prices and not about amiibo compatibility. Just like his wii u conversation had nothing to do with amiibo Or it's compatibility with the system. You're both in the wrong. Thanks for pointing that out chief.
Blah, blah, blah! You just can't let it go. Seriously, move on already.

Assumption is there were a ton of them made or they weren't selling as well so they reduced priced to get rid of some stock. Link probably won't get reduced since it sells so well.

I kinda hope Pikachu does since I need to snag one, but haven't since it is so damn common.
I'm just surprised Pikachu hasn't dropped because of how common it is, like everywhere I go, Pikachu floods the amiibo section while hiding 1 or 2 Marios or Links

But I was told that they were actually dropped in price because the three of them are in the new Super Mario amiibo line up

I'm just surprised Pikachu hasn't dropped because of how common it is, like everywhere I go, Pikachu floods the amiibo section while hiding 1 or 2 Marios or Links

But I was told that they were actually dropped in price because the three of them are in the new Super Mario amiibo line up
Agreed pikachu is the amiibo i see the most. It's such a popular character though. Im not suprised they made so much. It should go on sale though. Be patient it'll pay off.

I bought Sonic at Walmart this morning. They also had Mega Man. Gamestop had one Captain Falcon yesterday.

I bought Sonic at Walmart this morning. They also had Mega Man. Gamestop had one Captain Falcon yesterday.
You are lucky you can find anything at Walmart besides the most common amiibo. I ordered Mega Man from Frys, when it was up briefly recently, and it has shopped. I would like Sonic, Sheik and Rosalina, but, am not willing to pay two to three times on eBay.

You are lucky you can find anything at Walmart besides the most common amiibo. I ordered Mega Man from Frys, when it was up briefly recently, and it has shopped. I would like Sonic, Sheik and Rosalina, but, am not willing to pay two to three times on eBay.
I was surprised to see that they had about five Sheik's last week.

I think Walmart was the most affected by the port strike. Most Walmarts never received wave 2 and this could be the reason. I'm going to lose my shit if I walk into my local stores and see Pit or the Captain show up along side Mega and Sonic.

So how is the price of a 3ds xl relevant to this thread but talk about the wii u isn't? You have some weird arguments

Considering you have to open the boxes to use them, this shouldn't be surprising.

I was surprised to see that they had about five Sheik's last week.
Good Lord, and I could kick myself for passing up on two Sheik's I saw at my Walmart about a week ago. It actually shocked me, and I knew in my gut I should have picked one up. Of course, I go back after I realize my mistake, and both are gone. I won't make that mistake, again.

I was just like you... but that's when i was debating if i should get marth at 3x MSRP on ebay... I am glad i pulled the trigger since it's now going for 10x the MSRP... Sigh... I gave in to the scalpers...

So how is the price of a 3ds xl relevant to this thread but talk about the wii u isn't? You have some weird arguments
I never said the price of a 3ds is relavent to this thread. I said the complete opposite. It seems like you & madonna's reading comprehension is just as bad as your logic. :wall: Read my post again and try harder next time. That retort was just poorly thought out. Not as bad as madonna's oh so mature & ironic blah, blah, blah & middle finger retort though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back