Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
That was true for wave 1 but not for wave 2 and 3. By now nintendo knows how much the demand is and they are making them rare on purpose. If that wasn't true there wouldn't be such a shortage of Ike, they should have learned their lesson from Marth by now.
I dunno, I wouldn't really call Ike or Marth popular characters. Maybe to the average amiibo hunters but not to kids/casual gamers.

and damnit, I take a break from lurking to get some work at the office done and I miss Ike, lol.

He's not saying they cancelled it. He said he got with them, and they told him they sold it to someone else without having any on backstock.
he's saying he has no sympathy for store employees that get 100s of calls because of gamestop cancelling the orders. The employees don't deserve all that stress for something out of their control.

So, is it safe to assume that if a store in my area shows "in stock" its meant that it's for preorders? Last time I went to GameStop they had Shulk "in stock" and they told me they were all for pre orders.

well the employees aren't the ones that cancelled the orders, so why should they deserve the calls?

you don't know how long they knew the ikes promised weren't coming. It could have only been 1 day where they got the information then made the calls
I was in store on the 18th. I asked about my pre-orders and they told me they would be ready on Friday the 20th. I would expect a business to have a better feel about what is going in than to do a huge swing in one day, the 19th.

I learned my lesson though. I won't be pre-ordering from GS again.

Maybe the GS I chose is just awful. I may start to lean that way.

They're expecting a second shipment in May. Just like Shulk.
Whether that actually happens is anyone's guess.
Exactly, the fact they changed the limit on Ike, there is no telling if Nintendo will make more to cover the remaining pre-orders. I'm sure GS corporate said, here's the remaining balance of our pre-orders on Ike and Dedede. Can you please make more? Nintendo replies, screw you! :rofl:

Picked up my Mega Man and Sonic from GS. Dude on the phone tells me to make sure I bring valid photo identification because they are worried about people trying to masquerade as someone else and pick up their preorders.

Got to the store thinking I'd get my Dedede as well, but they told me I didn't make the cutoff.

We could always start a group me for people who are not online, when things go live. You can send group texts and it could be a CAG amiibo hunters tread. Know someone suggested a idea like this before.

So, is it safe to assume that if a store in my area shows "in stock" its meant that it's for preorders? Last time I went to GameStop they had Shulk "in stock" and they told me they were all for pre orders.
i called some stores near me and they said they only had enough for preorders

Got to the store thinking I'd get my Dedede as well, but they told me I didn't make the cutoff.
Sorry, haven't been following too closely with Gamestop in store orders today. What does this mean? You didn't get to the store in time or you didn't order earlier than the other people that got them?

Sorry, haven't been following too closely with Gamestop in store orders today. What does this mean? You didn't get to the store in time or you didn't order earlier than the other people that got them?
For ike and king dedede, you needed to order them in December (specifically by Christmas I think) to get them now. If you didn't and ordered them later, you'll be getting them when GameStop gets their second shipment...which is sometime in spring/summer

Yo I can totally understand the frustration that box collectors feel about receiving lazily packaged materials. I haven't felt so let down with online ordering as the time I got my Bravely Default CE from Best Buy in a box that was way too big and no packing materials. Plus I'm really picky about paintjobs on Amiibos

That being said, if any CAGs who received a Sonic with bent box, I'd be happy to pay you for one as long as the paintjob is good since I take them out of the box for my collection anyway. Just thought I'd throw that out there since he's the one 'common' I haven't been able to get. 

GS had announced a "cut off" date for Ike and Dedede, basically an automated message that told you whether you would get your preorder or not based upon the date you preordered your amiibos.

I ordered them on 12/30. So I missed Ike for sure because I think his date was like 12/27 or something. With Dedede, they had initially told me I would get it on time (his date was 12/30, same as my preorder) but when I went in the store they informed me my order was too late to make the cut.

They say those of us who got preorders in after the cut off dates will still get our amiibos, but who knows. Guess all I can do is keep the faith.

So I went to Gamestop to pay off my Amiibos that I preordered and they told me that they got my 2 Mega Man, Sonic, and an Ike in stock for me but said that my other Ike that I preordered won't be in until a later date when they get another shipment. I was fine with that so I make my purchase and get home. I checked my receipt and noticed they charged me for both Ikes even though they only had 1 in stock.

Called them and they said they'd take my name down for when they get another shipment in, call me, and have me come in with my receipt since if they return the order that was sold, my preorder wouldn't go back to my name. What I'm worried is that when Ike does come back in, I come in with my receipt and they deny me it since the employees might not believe me that I only received 1.

So I went to Gamestop to pay off my Amiibos that I preordered and they told me that they got my 2 Mega Man, Sonic, and an Ike in stock for me but said that my other Ike that I preordered won't be in until a later date when they get another shipment. I was fine with that so I make my purchase and get home. I checked my receipt and noticed they charged me for both Ikes even though they only had 1 in stock.

Called them and they said they'd take my name down for when they get another shipment in, call me, and have me come in with my receipt since if they return the order that was sold, my preorder wouldn't go back to my name. What I'm worried is that when Ike does come back in, I come in with my receipt and they deny me it since the employees might not believe me that I only received 1.
Yeah... I wouldn't chance it, run up there and tell the manager to refund you. I wouldn't trust their employees for crap.

MewlingQuim, on 23 Feb 2015 - 7:46 PM, said:
Yeah... I wouldn't chance it, run up there and tell the manager to refund you. I wouldn't trust their employees for crap.
The thing that sucks is that the store manager isn't in, otherwise I'd talk to her. I think she'll be in tomorrow though. I think she'll know what to do since I'm sure the inventory will say "Amiibo Ike -1" or something like that.

Thinking about dropping out of this amiibo hunting meta-game and jump straight to this. Wave 4 was announced WAY TOO early and I am dying little by little every minute it isn't listed.

My Sonics arrived from Target.com today:

5E68A8B9-8497-40F4-AE8F-9ABECDC06D76_zpsvgfzxefm.jpg

Now they match the Rosalinas I got from Target.com:

7BC4DB53-571F-4494-9AF1-6A1A491C2F98_zpsntelqyds.jpg
That is ridiculous! I believe I would call their customer service and tell them to refund your money, and send you out new ones on top of that. They can pay for you to send those back, as well!

Called them and they said they'd take my name down for when they get another shipment in, call me, and have me come in with my receipt since if they return the order that was sold, my preorder wouldn't go back to my name. What I'm worried is that when Ike does come back in, I come in with my receipt and they deny me it since the employees might not believe me that I only received 1.
Honestly you were only supposed to get one of each from pre-orders so if they let you leave with multiples then I would consider yourself lucky. And honestly why don't you go back to your store and handle it?

Thinking about dropping out of this amiibo hunting meta-game and jump straight to this. Wave 4 was announced WAY TOO early and I am dying little by little every minute that it isn't listed in the US.
This. See? I've been contemplating stopping and getting into the Nintendo Figma and Tamashii Nation figures for a few months, then when Amiibos aren't cool anymore, picking up all the ones I missed.

Honestly you were only supposed to get one of each from pre-orders so if they let you leave with multiples then I would consider yourself lucky. And honestly why don't you go back to your store and handle it?
The limit was on DDD and Ike only, they never set a limit on MM or Sonic

Damn GS employees suck. Didn't want to drive there to see if my preorder came in. I call them and guy is all like "hold on a minute, I'll go check for you, what's your name?"

Never returned and after 30 mins on the phone on hold, he hung up. Bastard.

Oh and thanks for the inventory links malagu.

Damn GS employees suck. Didn't want to drive there to see if my preorder came in. I call them and guy is all like "hold on a minute, I'll go check for you, what's your name?"

Never returned and after 30 mins on the phone on hold, he hung up. Bastard.

Oh and thanks for the inventory links malagu.
If I had to guess, someone walked in and he forgot about you. It isn't uncommon for someone to be the only person working the floor this time of year at GS. Still his fault but stuff happens~ I would just call again.

This. See? I've been contemplating stopping and getting into the Nintendo Figma and Tamashii Nation figures for a few months, then when Amiibos aren't cool anymore, picking up all the ones I missed.
Im also into Figma collecting i would quit now and focus more on them but ,i dedicate myself to finish what i started even something as ridiculous as the amiibo game,

You should have processed a return for it. If they can "write your name down" for an oversold amiibo, they can "write your name down" for a mistake/cancelled pre-order that was entirely their fault.

Too many uncertainties with these things

Im also into Figma collecting i would quit now and focus more on them but ,i dedicate myself to finish what i started even something as ridiculous as the amiibo game,
fuck You think this is a game? This is THE GAME. You are not a true Amiibo Hunter if you don't realize that. :whistle2:

Frizzkills, on 23 Feb 2015 - 7:50 PM, said:
The problem is that one was for me and another is for a friend who wants to collect the swordsman Amiibos since those are his main. He wasn't able to preorder in the store so I preordered two. And handle it how? If they return it, the Amiibo preorder is still missing from my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back