Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried yesterday. The employees said all locations showing in stock is for preorders. I have yet to see any of wave 3 on a peg in store.

I went to a Gamestop to ask if they had any Wave 3 Amiibos that weren't for pre-orders and got laughed out of the store before I finished my sentence....these Gamestop employees have been real shitty regarding Amiibos..

Most likely it's preorders. I called one of my local GameStops yesterday about Mega Man and the guy told me "oh yeah, we have like 6 or 7 of those in!" So I rushed over there to get one. I didnt see MM on a peg when I got there so I assumed they were holding them behind the counter to limit people to only buying one. When I asked the guy I spoke to about it (same guy from the phone) he said "oh, I meant yes we do have them... but they're all preorders."

"Finally, regarding your question about amiibo’s profitability, we have been selling amiibo at the same MSRP so that consumers will easily understand its price point. However, I think you can easily tell just by looking at several amiibo figures that production costs vary for each one of them; some amiibo have a more complex structure and a greater number of colors, which means they cost more to produce than others. Nevertheless, since setting different price points could be misinterpreted as the company valuing certain characters more than others, we came to the decision to set an MSRP that would return a profit from the amiibo platform as a whole. I just mentioned in my presentation today that we will also sell card-format amiibo products. By taking advantage of the shorter delivery time and lower productions costs for card products, we would like to further expand how amiibo can be used in yet more play styles. In addition, our development team has been testing various forms of amiibo other than plastic figures. We hope we can propose amiibo products in various forms in the future."

-Iwata

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/150217qa/index.html
Different price points for the same product is totally OK, but different sized New 3DS's we just can't handle!

What the hell man? Every Gamestop store in my local area is listed as having the pre-orders in stock except for the one that I pre-ordered at. I've already got Mega Man and Sonic but I'm giving the ones I pre-ordered to my friend's sister in law for her son's birthday. I hope they come in soon.

lol trading cards, no thanks. About as lame as collecting stamps, but hey that's my opinion.
Cards would be more practical for 3DS-compatible games when not at home instead of carrying little figures around.

I will still get certain figurines but I'll happily own the cards too. I'd be ok if they are just the bases with the character select picture on top.

Ugh, let's not reopen that wound, shall we. Nintendo of Europe just announced their second wave of Cover Plates for the N3DS and I really wish I could own them.
I like the Xenoblade one Japan is getting and Ive never even played it...tried to get it but sold out almost immediately. Hopefully Europe gets it too and I can grab it off their Amazon like the Zelda plates.

I went to a Gamestop to ask if they had any Wave 3 Amiibos that weren't for pre-orders and got laughed out of the store before I finished my sentence....these Gamestop employees have been real shitty regarding Amiibos..
So Pre-order? That's how I've been able to get every single Amiibo to date.

Cards would be more practical for 3DS-compatible games when not at home instead of carrying little figures around.

I will still get certain figurines but I'll happily own the cards too. I'd be ok if they are just the bases with the character select picture on top.
I hope the cards come with bubblegum inside the packs

my wal-mart store pickup went well. I got sonic and mega man last night. they were the last available at that location.  I was greatly impressed with how smooth it all went. will make me consider using them for other figures in future waves.

I did a search this morning and the other wal-marts in my general area... now all show these figures as in stock for pick up. the local best buy stores have had nothing aside from the exclusive and bowser of course. worth giving wal-mart a look if you are having troubles locating these two in particular.

my wal-mart store pickup went well. I got sonic and mega man last night. they were the last available at that location. I was greatly impressed with how smooth it all went. will make me consider using them for other figures in future waves.

I did a search this morning and the other wal-marts in my general area... now all show these figures as in stock for pick up. the local best buy stores have had nothing aside from the exclusive and bowser of course. worth giving wal-mart a look if you are having troubles locating these two in particular.
What area of the country do you live?

southeast. I live pretty close to the south carolina/georgia border via I-95. it seems like the only place I can get any kind of notice of availability about sonic and mm are from wal-mart.

Gamestop only holds pre-orders for like a week. They're probably pre-orders no one picked up, might as well go and try to snatch 'em.

Mine shows it might have a Mega Man, I'd like to paint another one, might get him if I can.

My first Amiibo came in perfect! Everything in the image was reposition.
B-nw5PCWoAE1QrI.jpg

I'm pretty happy with my first Amiibo.

Edit: If anyone is wondering about the charge cables I lost my official adapter during a flood. 

for anyone that has shipped 1 amiibo, can you guys tell me how much the weight of an amiibo in a small box is?

thanks
I've been averaging 9 oz. It varies based on box size and specific amiibo. I've only shipped three so not much experience with amiibo weights.

Just got back from Walmart for my Mega Man store pickup. As usual Walmart I'm sitting there at store pickup waiting for someone to notice the bell I rang about 5 times. Of course some random employee doing nothing who just happen to walk by asked if I needed help and she helps me out. The worst part is I can hear the bell ringing and hear the employees chatting in the back.

Walmart, amazed they are still in business but I guess cheap products out weigh customer service.

Welcome to 2 weeks ago.... lol
Welcome to ign news

Should've realized since best buy only has peach and only for shipping.

Plus ign posted a story about that exploding cats card game kickstarter making a bazillion percent of what they were asking for right after it was over

Just got back from Walmart for my Mega Man store pickup. As usual Walmart I'm sitting there at store pickup waiting for someone to notice the bell I rang about 5 times. Of course some random employee doing nothing who just happen to walk by asked if I needed help and she helps me out. The worst part is I can hear the bell ringing and hear the employees chatting in the back.

Walmart, amazed they are still in business but I guess cheap products out weigh customer service.
One thing I do is have Walmart's phone number in my contact list. I call the store as I'm walking back to the back of the store, and I ask for an associate in the Site to Store area. They call over the loudspeaker and usually I show up right as an employee does.

Bonus: If they only have a couple lanes open and a lot of people are waiting in line, you can call the customer service desk and mention the wait time and they'll get somebody else to open a lane. (Maybe YMMV, but it works at the various Walmart's I go to.)

My kddd target page monitor is ringing off the hook. I wish they would stop teasing everyone by putting the "add to cart" button up and and down when there's no stock!

Well I had 1 in my cart twice this time, couldn't checkout in time either time. No idea how people are getting through so fast.

Either way, I give up, just going to pay $25 and get a Japanese one. I've devoted at least 6-7 hours of hounding websites and clicking gray buttons to try to get this bastard. fuck it, I give.

My kddd target page monitor is ringing off the hook. I wish they would stop teasing everyone by putting the "add to cart" button up and and down when there's no stock!
On a kind of releated note, they've totally removed their ike page. Has that been talked about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back