Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Bowser, Toon Link, and Sheik are commons, I see them everywhere. Mega Man and Sonic are out there, but get bought immediately by scalpers or people looking to "trade". I think at this point however you aren't going to see DeDeDe or Ike on any retail store shelves.

Got my Ike and Dedede from Target and Walmart, in perfect shape. Best Buy seems to be a crap shoot with their packaging, sometimes its good other times its a bubble mailer.

ive never seen Sheik on a store shelf

the only commons from wave 3 ive seen are Bowser (very common) and Toon Link (only one at BB), all others from wave 3 have not been what i call  "common"

here is what i would consider commons from my experience of seeing them readily available on store shelves:

Wave 1

Mario

Peach

Pikachu

Kirby

Donkey Kong

Samus

Link

Yoshi (although seeing very little stock of late)

Wave 2

Zelda

Luigi

Diddy 

Wave 3

Bowser

Lol yet some of us who ordered last week are still waiting.
My backordered Dedede order from last week is showing shipped now on Target's site. I haven't received an email yet nor is there any available tracking info for the tracking number, but at least it is no longer backordered. Hoping for a good one because my Walmart Dedede is not one of the better ones.

Oh I guess my first post didn't work

So far I got Fox, Toon Link, Donkey Kong and am waiting for a Mega Man and Sonic to be delivered throgh GS

and that UK Ike makes 6

you've never seen a Bowser in store? i find that hard to believe...even toon links and sheiks are still being found on shelves
my bad....ive got my waves all mixed up:) Ive seen bowser and toon link in store and I guess Rosalina but it was only on the peg for 2 minutes max after opening and I had to wakeup early on a sunday to get her.

I've seen most of them on a shelf.
But day one release only.
I got Mac off a shelf even.
Never saw 3b, MTV, pit, or the exclusives on pegs though.

My backordered Dedede order from last week is showing shipped now on Target's site. I haven't received an email yet nor is there any available tracking info for the tracking number, but at least it is no longer backordered. Hoping for a good one because my Walmart Dedede is not one of the better ones.
Yep, same here...mine has shipped this morning. Havent gotten the email on it yet either but says it shipped today. Thanks for the heads up!

Just realized hubby got euro versions of marth, Wii fit trainer and lucario (friend of his traded with him)...i know I should just be happy I have them but the nitpicker/ocd in me just sees those boxes are different from the rest.I don't want to go eBay route but they don't match! Lol please someone just tell me how dumb I'm being and to let it go.

Despite getting the call gs dies not have my dedede

I think GameStop sold my Ike preorder (from 12/21). Got a call from the manager to pick it up on Monday. Waited until today to get it due to snow/ice. According to the employee there, they never got my preorder. Most likely BS.
I was at GameStop on Monday to pick up a copy of Yakuza 3 that I had on reserve. The employee was in hard core Amiibo mode and when he heard me say "Yakuza 3", he somehow heard "Dedede". He even said "oh I just called you" and pulled one out of a box and crossed a "Brian xxx" off his hand written list.

I stopped him before he rang it up and explained that wasn't mine. He pulled it back in the blink of an eye. Lol

Just realized hubby got euro versions of marth, Wii fit trainer and lucario (friend of his traded with him)...i know I should just be happy I have them but the nitpicker/ocd in me just sees those boxes are different from the rest.I don't want to go eBay route but they don't match! Lol please someone just tell me how dumb I'm being and to let it go.
Smells like a divorce is on the horizon

The NA boxes look the lamest out of all of them tbh

~let it go...

Just a warning to people who were waiting, if you want Yoshi or DK of the smash version I would buy them now. I doubt they are going to restock them because of the new mario series and reducing them to $9.99 is a good sign they want to get rid of them. They are already sold out at all stores online.

Hey, so for those of us who got a call from GS last week that our 3b amiibos would be ready for pickup today, what do I have to bring with me to the store with me?
I always just give my phone number

Despite getting the call gs dies not have my dedede
I think GameStop sold my Ike preorder (from 12/21). Got a call from the manager to pick it up on Monday. Waited until today to get it due to snow/ice. According to the employee there, they never got my preorder. Most likely BS.
They either sold your preorders to someone else or bought them themselves. Make sure to complain to the manager or corporate.

ive never seen Sheik on a store shelf

the only commons from wave 3 ive seen are Bowser (very common) and Toon Link (only one at BB), all others from wave 3 have not been what i call "common"

here is what i would consider commons from my experience of seeing them readily available on store shelves:

Wave 1

Mario

Peach

Pikachu

Kirby

Donkey Kong

Samus

Link

Yoshi (although seeing very little stock of late)

Wave 2

Zelda

Luigi

Diddy

Wave 3

Bowser
This list pretty much sums up how things have been at retailers in my area as well (the greater metropolitan Austin, Texas area) since amiibo hit the market. The only notable exceptions:

Saw several Wii Fit Trainers on Black Friday before the craze started (never saw a Marth or Villager, even then)

Saw Fox regularly until the Slickdeals rumors started

Saw Little Mac on the pegs once, the same evening Best Buy put out stock of him and Diddy (By the next day the shelf was cleared)

I probably bitch and moan about this too much, but if I had not linked up with a couple local CAG's on here, I probably would have given up by now. Austin is a fairly well-off city and a hotbed of collectors/scalpers/people who are affluent enough to spend significant amounts of cash on amenities such as these figures. No collectible lasts long in this city - good luck finding anything perceived to be "limited" on the shelves, not just amiibo, but basically any other collectibles: Lego, Transformers, etc. Leave Austin, and you have a decent chance of finding a gold mine of clearance items that were gone the 1st day in our city.

I purchased Marth from Amazon.it on jan 5th when it said backordered and they just now sent me an email that it will be available to ship March 16th. Must have got more in stock

What memo?
Why would wave 4 come out in April in Europe but not until June for America? I don't believe it, that's too long of a gap
I believe the memo said June 6th and wave 4 is releasing on April 29th in eu jp, so it's actually not as long it sounds. Just 1 month. And we all know nintendo of Europe cares more about getting the fans what they want. ;)
Seems believable to me.

Don't let it go. I'm the same way.

Just be patient and buy Marth when it is rereleased.

I know there has been a rift between those who want perfect packaging and those who just want the figure, so I reached out to Best Buy about the Amiibos returned for damaged packaging:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Poor-Amiibo-Packaging/m-p/901318#M7723

I am hoping the figures with damaged packaging will be made available for less enthusiastic collectors.
I don't want to open my shipping bag and have a figure already open in it. Happened twice last week. I ordered doubles of all I ordered not thinking they would ship them in individual bags and they all came screwed up. That defeats my purpose of opening one and keeping one MOC.

I've seen all of waves 1 & 2 on the first day of their release but unfortunately that was all before I wanted them all so never got unicorns at retail (except Pit). Wave 3 has only been the three commons and seeing other pre orders in the store but not for sale.

This list pretty much sums up how things have been at retailers in my area as well (the greater metropolitan Austin, Texas area) since amiibo hit the market. The only notable exceptions:

Saw several Wii Fit Trainers on Black Friday before the craze started (never saw a Marth or Villager, even then)

Saw Fox regularly until the Slickdeals rumors started

Saw Little Mac on the pegs once, the same evening Best Buy put out stock of him and Diddy (By the next day the shelf was cleared)

I probably bitch and moan about this too much, but if I had not linked up with a couple local CAG's on here, I probably would have given up by now. Austin is a fairly well-off city and a hotbed of collectors/scalpers/people who are affluent enough to spend significant amounts of cash on amenities such as these figures. No collectible lasts long in this city - good luck finding anything perceived to be "limited" on the shelves, not just amiibo, but basically any other collectibles: Lego, Transformers, etc. Leave Austin, and you have a decent chance of finding a gold mine of clearance items that were gone the 1st day in our city.
Austin is the center of the fine art print flipping world. no joke. It's exactly like you say and I imagine it seeps into all the other collectables as well. That's too bad.

Mondo Posters is headquartered there, you got South by Southwest convention, and a bunch of artists flock to live there. Also, from what I understand there are numerous video game developers headquartered in Austin as well. All in all that is quite the affluent crowd of modern tastes.

I know there has been a rift between those who want perfect packaging and those who just want the figure, so I reached out to Best Buy about the Amiibos returned for damaged packaging:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Poor-Amiibo-Packaging/m-p/901318#M7723

I am hoping the figures with damaged packaging will be made available for less enthusiastic collectors.
One good thing to think about is that maybe enough "collectors" will be fed up with Best Buy's packaging options that they may not pre-order Wave 4 from there, giving us maybe as much as 5 more extra minutes to actually get a pre-order in. One can dream :)

I don't want to open my shipping bag and have a figure already open in it. Happened twice last week. I ordered doubles of all I ordered not thinking they would ship them in individual bags and they all came screwed up. That defeats my purpose of opening one and keeping one MOC.
Those should have definitely been sold as open box...uncool.

One good thing to think about is that maybe enough "collectors" will be fed up with Best Buy's packaging options that they may not pre-order Wave 4 from there, giving us maybe as much as 5 more extra minutes to actually get a pre-order in. One can dream :)
No, it actually means it is even worse, people ordering from Best Buy will not be comfortable with just ordering there, due to the possibility of damaged items, so they will also order other places "just in case". Nobody that is doing this craziness is going to pass over a potential acquisition opportunity.

No, it actually means the worst, people ordering from Best Buy will not be comfortable with just ordering there, due to the possibility of damaged items, so they will also order other places "just in case".
Well it really depends on where its coming from, I ordered the Peach amiibo and it came protected in a small box so its just luck of the draw

My Meta Knight from Best Buy arrived in great shape.  All of my other BB preorders were for in-store pickup, though.

I learned that with Best Buy, I get nicely packaged boxes from the distribution center.  But in the case of Meta Knight, and other hard to find things, they actually took my allocation off some store shelves in Indiana and that's why processing took a bit longer and also why they came in plastic bubble mailers. Which also explains how stores were losing quantities in the days leading up to release. 

It is luck of the draw and it depends where your package comes from.  When you take contested inventory away from a store it's some min. wage warehouse schmo packaging your stuff. 

My Mega Man from BB came in a box that had a smashed side... Looks like it was at the bottom of the UPS pile. The cardboard backing is ripped and bent.. Ugh. On a lighter side, my Meta Knight came in just fine.

My Mega Man that was delivered via UPS from Best Buy was actually dropped off at the UPS store by my house.  They called me and asked was there a specific reason it was dropped off at the store.  I told them no.  They could send it back to the center to be reprocessed out to ship to my house or I could come get it.  I went to get it.

No, it actually means it is even worse, people ordering from Best Buy will not be comfortable with just ordering there, due to the possibility of damaged items, so they will also order other places "just in case". Nobody that is doing this craziness is going to pass over a potential acquisition opportunity.
I was just joking, however people are already ordering from multiple places anyway due to fear of their orders not being fulfilled so that's not going to change.

My Mega Man from BB came in a box that had a smashed side... Looks like it was at the bottom of the UPS pile. The cardboard backing is ripped and bent.. Ugh. On a lighter side, my Meta Knight came in just fine.
My Mega Man shipped from Best Buy came with crushed plastic because they put too many air bubbles in and forced the box closed. My Meta Knight came with a crease in the cardboard on the top left as well as having the plastic partially separated from the cardboard in that corner. They shipped each of my Amiibo separately in boxes, and still screwed it up.

Strange, same thing happened to my Mega Man order from Best Buy.

Meta Knight's backing was bent, despite fitting fine into the box. I opened both so it's not a big deal. I'd rather take the risk for GCU discount. Gamestop in store pickup seems to be the most reliable for good package condition.

It's a good thing I've opened up each and everyone of my 25 amiibos. Funny enough, not a single box was damaged at all.
Of course that's the case.
People who don't care will always get the pristine boxes.
That or you just don't care to notice the tiny blemishes we crazy people hate.

Minor scuffs on plastic window. Check
Insignificant bent corner. Yup
Miniscule ding on back of cardboard. You betcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back