Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
The only one in wave 4 I want is Charizard I just hope he isn't hard to get after I inevitably miss the preorder

Austin is the center of the fine art print flipping world. no joke. It's exactly like you say and I imagine it seeps into all the other collectables as well. That's too bad.

Mondo Posters is headquartered there, you got South by Southwest convention, and a bunch of artists flock to live there. Also, from what I understand there are numerous video game developers headquartered in Austin as well. All in all that is quite the affluent crowd of modern tastes.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Austin is a great city to live in due to everything they have going on, but it's too much. Traffic here is awful and taxes/cost of living is sky high compared with the rest of the state on average. I moved here when I got out of the military because I was already close by at Ft. Hood and could continue in the Army reserve because they have a small base in Austin. But I'm starting to realize that unless you are really into the concert/music/independent movie scene, there's not much benefit to being here over other mid-sized cities.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Austin is a great city to live in due to everything they have going on, but it's too much. Traffic here is awful and taxes/cost of living is sky high compared with the rest of the state on average. I moved here when I got out of the military because I was already close by at Ft. Hood and could continue in the Army reserve because they have a small base in Austin. But I'm starting to realize that unless you are really into the concert/music/independent movie scene, there's not much benefit to being here over other mid-sized cities.
My brother used to live there. He worked at emos when it was on red river.
I'd visit/work sxsw. Seemed like a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
truckloads of beautiful women though.

I learned that with Best Buy, I get nicely packaged boxes from the distribution center. But in the case of Meta Knight, and other hard to find things, they actually took my allocation off some store shelves in Indiana and that's why processing took a bit longer and also why they came in plastic bubble mailers. Which also explains how stores were losing quantities in the days leading up to release.

It is luck of the draw and it depends where your package comes from. When you take contested inventory away from a store it's some min. wage warehouse schmo packaging your stuff.
This is what happened to BOTH of my Little Macs @ BB stores. One was an in-store pickup from a pre-order and the other was a hold at a different store because they put them out early. Both stores ended up shipping them out for online orders instead. And guess where I live....Indiana.

Quick question.  If I pre-order wave 4 (when it's available) from BestBuy, do they charge my card immediately or when it ships or I pick it up for in-store pick-up?  I just purchased Gamers Club Unlocked while it was on sale for $30 so i want to take full advantage of it.

Quick question. If I pre-order wave 4 (when it's available) from BestBuy, do they charge my card immediately or when it ships or I pick it up for in-store pick-up? I just purchased Gamers Club Unlocked while it was on sale for $30 so i want to take full advantage of it.
When you item is shipped or is ready for store pick up

Quick question. If I pre-order wave 4 (when it's available) from BestBuy, do they charge my card immediately or when it ships or I pick it up for in-store pick-up? I just purchased Gamers Club Unlocked while it was on sale for $30 so i want to take full advantage of it.
They do a temporary charge but it usually drops after a day or two...since its still two months away they may test it a time or two until release but you dont actually get charged until it ships. Hard part is just gonna be actually catching them while theyre up at BB.

They do a temporary charge but it usually drops after a day or two...since its still two months away they may test it a time or two until release but you dont actually get charged until it ships. Hard part is just gonna be actually catching them while theyre up at BB.
Agreed. I'm not really collecting them for myself. My 5 year old daughter loves them for some reason. She has to have every girl. I was lucky enought to find a Rosalina at target. Now she wants Pac-man

Damn guys, instead of posting here about the terrible job of packing at BBuy... call them! and/or write them!

100 calls/emails demanding credit might just make a difference... yes it's happened to me and I called and received a credit when the item could not be replaced...

but just post a note bitchin here... well get ready for it to happen in the future...

Austin is ok to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. It lost a lot of its charm because the word got out it was an eclectic art hub. I live in DFW and I feel like Fort Worth is becoming what Austin used to be. Laid back, eclectic, artsy, without the traffic and pretense. Good place for finding Unicorns too, much video game shopping success in Fort Worth. I live in Lewisville (between Dallas and Denton)

Anyone in the Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, San Jose area looking for Shiek? And no I'm not trading here, just asking a question.

Damn guys, instead of posting here about the terrible job of packing at BBuy... call them! and/or write them!

100 calls/emails demanding credit might just make a difference... yes it's happened to me and I called and received a credit when the item could not be replaced...

but just post a note bitchin here... well get ready for it to happen in the future...
I said this before but it seems like both Target and BBY have stopped caring about any issues related to Amiibo.

People complaining about how bad Best Buy can pack their product (never happened to me) and yet forget that Target also does the same thing from time to time. No one is safe with "Ship-to-Home".

Also, I've seen these Amiibos in stores.

Wave 1

All

Wave 2

All

Wave 3

Bowser

Shiek

Toon Link

Lucario

Rosalina

Meta Knight

Sonic

Mega Man

Granted, I've been on the hunt for these things since Day 1.

Most of us have. I spent an hour on the phone with customer service regarding the situation. They weren't able to replace my Meta Knights. She spent most of the hour calling other stores and centers trying to track some down. She was very nice, but couldn't fix my problem. The point I kept reiterating is that although the complaint seems petty and foolish, it is very important to collectors and they want these items all to be shipped in boxes in the future. Also that I don't care so much about my own items as much as I would prefer this part of operations management to be fixed. She wholeheartedly agreed multiple times.

Wario, Charizard, and Pac-Man are still available from Amazon.jp and are now ¥1,113.  

If you haven't seen it, I made a guide to importing with Tenso and how to calculate the approximate cost here.

Wario, Charizard, and Pac-Man are still available from Amazon.jp and are now ¥1,113.

If you haven't seen it, I made a guide to importing with Tenso and how to calculate the approximate cost here.
Yep, I ordered those three yesterday after I noticed the slight price drop. I've never used Tenso so I also placed a small order from Amazon.jp for the New 3DS LL cradle and a couple other items to see how much Tenso charges.

this is getting kinda stupid. They should at least let us know about the marth restock considering Code STEAM is less than a month away

Got my Ike and Dedede from Walmart.com, I like that they recycled an actual case in shipping them, though that sort of makes them more vulnerable because of the state of them recently.

316kche.jpg

Yep, I ordered those three yesterday after I noticed the slight price drop. I've never used Tenso so I also placed a small order from Amazon.jp for the New 3DS LL cradle and a couple other items to see how much Tenso charges.
For my two large orders (25 & 40 games respectively) I've been charged about 50% of the purchase price each time to ship via EMS. Their fee is hardlocked at 1200 yen (~$10) so making bigger orders is better than doing smallet ones.

Of note, the Official White Smash Bros. GameCube controller is only $15 new on Amazon Japan.

Has anybody had Ike in stock recently? He's the last figure from wave 3 that I still need.
Just Amazon.co.uk it's been in stock all morning too surprisingly

If u mean NA last I think was Walmart two or three days ago.

redroversk, on 25 Feb 2015 - 1:52 PM, said:
Got my Ike and Dedede from Walmart.com, I like that they recycled an actual case in shipping them, though that sort of makes them more vulnerable because of the state of them recently.

316kche.jpg
I like how Wal-Mart reused the box that the Amiibos are shipped to stores in. :p

Picking up at the store (in regards to best buy) is the way to go.

That's what you get for being lazy with your ship to home orders. :whistle2:
My cancelled order of Ike, Dedede and MK disagrees. BBY's shipping has been great for me but my first in store pick up order for Amiibo was a bust. I will never do any type of in store pick up at BBY.

Ok, how about this.  Everyone is bored and news is stale.  Let's have a contest.  I'll give away one fresh new amiibo to the winner.  Sheik, Sonic, Mega Man, Rosalina, or Meta Knight (with damaged box) the winner can take his or her pick of one.  Those sound like nice prizes right?

I challenge you to name the best video game of all time.  The answer is entirely subjective by me of course.  In fact there are two right answers so two winners I guess!  There are two console games out there that I think exemplify the perfect gaming experience.  They aren't obscure games.  So what is the best game(s) of all time? 

RULES: One guess per hour, per person (follow-up submissions < 1hr will be voided so an answer might not win on the first try.  pay attention).  Only people that have at least 20 posts are eligible.  Shipping to the United States only.  Let's have some fun.  I'll start a new thread for you to post your answers in before the lurking non-contributors have their aneurisms. Don't post answers in this thread.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/342882-members-only-club-competition/

Whelp, looks like some of my GS stuff from yesterday started shipping. Could just be tracking info being created.

Thankfully I got a text message and picked up Mega Man from Gamestop yesterday, so my collection eleven that we wanted from the first three waves is complete.  The only one we want from Wave 4 is Charizard.

Had my gf go pick up My DDD preorder from Gamestop and they actually had my Ike, Sonic, and Megaman in as well. Wave 3 is complete and I'm 28/29 (Damn you Villager!! ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back