Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my gf go pick up My DDD preorder from Gamestop and they actually had my Ike, Sonic, and Megaman in as well. Wave 3 is complete and I'm 28/29 (Damn you Villager!! ).
We're in the same boat then my amiibro. That sneaky little axe-wielding guy is still one I'm missing! Happy hunting to you though!

Yes I love that one, "I bought 3 ikes for trade... Am I a reseller/scalper /collector or just smart lol lol" we really need wave 4
Wish I had that many extra hard to find Amiibo that I could just give them away lol. Brief bit of fun at the very least, quite brief =P

We're in the same boat then my amiibro. That sneaky little axe-wielding guy is still one I'm missing! Happy hunting to you though!
Haha I've basically given up on getting him unless ebay prices decline drastically. I remember having 4 Villagers in my hand the day I stocked them out at work and telling my myself that nobody would give a shit about him and that I'll just buy it later. Never saw one in the wild again. So many regrets. Lol. Good luck as well!

Haha I've basically given up on getting him unless ebay prices decline drastically. I remember having 4 Villagers in my hand the day I stocked them out at work and telling my myself that nobody would give a shit about him and that I'll just buy it later. Never saw one in the wild again. So many regrets. Lol. Good luck as well!
Wow! That's 4 more than I've seen. I had seen a plethora of Marth and WFT during Thanksgiving weekend when I was traveling, but never saw a Villager anywhere out there -- turns out that all my friends around here said they saw him everywhere back home... Yeah, it'll be eBay prices for me too I guess unless I change my MO and start getting some duplicates of "rares" to possibly trade a few to someone -- but I've only been preordering one of each for myself, so may have to go crazy with Ness or something and hope someone wants 2 or 3 of him for a Villager ;) and I can trade/sell @cost/giveaway the rest on here.

There's a new Walmart opening not too far from me in the next few weeks.  Is it worthwhile going there opening day to go amiibo hunting?  I've never gone to a store opening before.

Aaaaaand the Walmart Canada twitter said there will be no presale on the gold mario. This is assuming the same applies to the US and the Twitter account is to be believed (50/50 shot, really).

fuck.

Yeah, just saw that Twitter post. No pre-orders = amiibo hunters worst nightmare. They'll never make it to the floor! :(
and with Walmart being open 24 hours where is everyone supposed to line up in the middle of the amiibo aisle in electronics? Lol this going to be the worst store exclusive to get with Walmart being a 24 hour store since there no way to have it organized which is why it always cluster hell on Black Friday there

Aaaaaand the Walmart Canada twitter said there will be no presale on the gold mario. This is assuming the same applies to the US and the Twitter account is to be believed (50/50 shot, really).

fuck.
Wow... unless they produce a generous amount of those things (as in more than the regular Mario amiibo), it's gonna be chaos. Idiotic move by all parties involved.

and with Walmart being open 24 hours where is everyone supposed to line up in the middle of the amiibo aisle in electronics? Lol this going to be the worst store exclusive to get with Walmart being a 24 hour store since there no way to have it organized which is why it always cluster hell on Black Friday there
Yeah, was just thinking that same thing. There's a 24hr Walmart a few towns over and I went in there when Sonic/MM was being "launched by them", I just stopped in around 10:30pm the night before and they said "oh yeah, lemme check" and had just pulled them out of the back. I'm SURE the same thing will happen with these, but probably days in advance (even though they seem to get their shipments ~48hrs in advance at the earliest from my little bit of experience talking with them).

Note: Also, I ended up not buying the Sonic/MM though cuz I trusted my GS pre-orders and they came through!

The contest is over.  Congratulations to nightmare452 on Meta Knight and to MondoCoffee on Rosalina.  Thanks for playing guys. It was fun. 

I just asked Amazon on live chat about wave 4 and they said it was in the system but it will not be "process" until they know the actual amount they will be getting. The rep name was Justin.

Well looks like I'm camping in the games section of my local Walmart if this is true. Give it up to 24 hour Walmart's! They better have a ticket system too.

I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty at your exclusive Nintendo World store. :)
We'll see, they haven't even done SMS pre-orders so maybe they don't care anymore. Though honestly I'm mainly interested in the gold one because of how much money it could be potentially worth

I'm not tapping out of the amiibo game, but I'm not going to bother with gold/silver Mario unless they open online orders. I'm way more focused on Wave 4.

Assuming this is true and NA isn't having any pre-orders, what will actually happen especially for 24 hour stores?
Same thing that happens now with other releases at 24 hour Walmarts. At 12:01 on whatever day the release is scheduled, they will start selling them. It's not like this is the first time Walmart has had an exclusive of something or something that was hard to find and not the first time CAGs have been there at 12:01 to scoop it up.

Also, I don't buy the no preorder thing. Nintendo doesn't have control over what retailers do in that respect and while they can delay getting that information to retailers, ultimately, retailers won't stock something for which they have no advance info. As soon as the advance info about shipments is received, Gamestop and others will open preorders whether Nintendo likes it or not.

I have 3 Walmarts within a 10 mile radius. 1 of which is in a relatively poor neighborhood. I will go there for my Gold Mario and I shall buy a bunch of them so I can get my missing Amiibos by trade.

I've had different experiences with exclusive releases at Walmart (mainly Skylanders).  Some had them behind the register and wouldn't sell them until midnight.  Others put their's out on the floor as soon as they shipped in and had none left release day.  Others still had them in boxes in the back and I had to ask a store clerk about them.  With all the hype for this one I'm hoping they're a bit more organized.  Register locked until release day and a ticket system would be nice.

They actually deleted the tweet so who knows what WM is doing with this variant.
Whatever they do, I can't help but feel that it won't be super limited like the other store exclusives were... WM is a huge retailer and I'm guessing they want in on the Amiibo craze, even if so far, they've been less than stellar.

So does anyone know Gamestop's corporate phone number? I dragged myself over to the store I preordered Ike from after work today, and lo and behold, the manager tells me someone sold mine to someone else. That's it. Just a simple "Sorry, but you're gonna have to deal with it." kind of thing. They weren't rude about it, but that's what it boils down to.

Not too happy right now, but I'm so tired from work that I don't think I could be really steamed right now. I wouldn't take my disappointment out on her, anyway, but something needs to be done about this.

I have been holding out hold that the silver mario ends up being the final club nintendo platinum reward. Has that been ruled out as a possibility?

I have been holding out hold that the silver mario ends up being the final club nintendo platinum reward. Has that been ruled out as a possibility?
http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

2015 Elite Status
In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.
It's gonna be all digital games only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back