Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering how I missed the last 2 restocks while in the shower, I shall take my phone with me in a plastic baggy while i shower.

Remember my sacrifice and praise me while the heavens rain Golden Mario's upon you all
I mean... we all bring our phones in the bathroom and turn the volume all the way up while we shower... right? Or is that just me?

Hopefully it goes up again when walmart cancels more orders, was there a limit or something I only ordered one
It should say in the email reason for cancellation. Did it say "
Thank you for shopping with Walmart.com. Unfortunately, the order for the items listed below has exceeded our quantity limits, and we have canceled them in accordance with our Terms of Use."

It should say in the email reason for cancellation. Did it say "
Thank you for shopping with Walmart.com. Unfortunately, the order for the items listed below has exceeded our quantity limits, and we have canceled them in accordance with our Terms of Use."
Yup it did but the order was only for one amiibo I heard Walmart sucks at shipping

Hopefully it goes up again when walmart cancels more orders, was there a limit or something I only ordered one
Was 2, now it's 1. Earlier in this thread there was a listing of someone selling 80 on ebay, no way he escaped the cancellations, only way he gets that many is if he has a inside connection. There going through a lot of trouble to weed these multiples out, I wonder if they'll start cancelling every order of those that continue to order more.

I'm more upset at GS rather than Mr.Big for not limiting it to 2- 3 per costumer.
Most retailers don't seem to learn. Would they rather have one scalper happy or 17 different customers? This item is going to sell regardless, it will just take longer if you limit it. That's why I think Wal-Mart surprisingly got it right with Gold Mario, if they are limiting them to one per customer.

I get that, it's just more why buy it now when things are in so much flux you'd have to have a pretty steep view on the market if you think its going to go significantly upwards from 100

I bought majoras mask 3ds xl on eBay for $300 after I missed the first orders, I really wanted one and I didn't want to wait in line for hours at target to get the 2 the store was going to get. It went up to $400 when bestbuy started canceling orders and it's now even higher so maybe people are thinking in a similar way with the gold mario.

I made two orders of one for the G Mario and both of them are still good.
I also made 2 different orders at different times and they weren't cancelled. Maybe because they were different listings? I know I just jinxed myself by saying this though.

How does Nintendo World get figures that are long OOS elsewhere? The others, I can understand but how'd they Cap Falcon? And a few months back, I remember seeing something about them getting in MTV after those had spiked in price.
Left over stock at factories that stores didn't buy

Most retailers don't seem to learn. Would they rather have one scalper happy or 17 different customers? This item is going to sell regardless, it will just take longer if you limit it. That's why I think Wal-Mart surprisingly got it right with Gold Mario, if they are limiting them to one per customer.
well from the retail persepctive, its easier to ship everything in one box than ship it to a lot of people. And lets face it, the online reaction when it was a Wal-mart exclusive and all the praise they're getting now goes to show how pointless it is to try and make consumers happy

Managed to get Mega Man, Sonic, Toon Link, and Sheik today at my local GS.  Went to check out and the cashier practically begged me to take a second Mega Man so I guess now I have one to open and one to keep sealed :D

Managed to get Mega Man, Sonic, Toon Link, and Sheik today at my local GS. Went to check out and the cashier practically begged me to take a second Mega Man so I guess now I have one to open and one to keep sealed :D
Why would they want you to take a second one? I mean I don't doubt you, just curious. So some jackass doesn't come by later and harass them about amiibos while buying it? To make more room?

Lucario, Meta Knight and Rosalina are the rarest of wave 3, you have no chance of finding those again at this point

the others you mentioned along with Shulk will become available again in spring (shulk, ike) and summer (dedede)
If shulk is getting another shipment, there is a pretty good chance the other store exclusives are too, even though it may be a small shipment.

The webpages for the Wave 4 amiibos are not new what is new however their positioning on the page ,they are now ahead of Gold Mario just yesterday they weren't even there.

A slight change like this could mean that things will start soon , just letting everyone here be aware

I haven't read through all 30 new pages today but Charizard and ness are up on the nintendo cpsia page. 1 month for each

I'm more upset at GS rather than Mr.Big for not limiting it to 2- 3 per costuemer.
Honestly its up to you to change this. All it takes is one phone call to you district maanger of GS for a shitstorm. If your tired of seeing this happen then make the call instead of bitching here.

Seriously..... ole tubby wouldnt have made it out of that store if I was there. But its up to you to get involved.

One of the two Gamestops in my area didn't have Toon Link, Zelda, Megaman, or Sonic, but today they had plenty of each. There were so many Megamans (Megamen?) that the employees put many behind old commons.

Why would they want you to take a second one? I mean I don't doubt you, just curious. So some jackass doesn't come by later and harass them about amiibos while buying it? To make more room?
I was surprised too, as I only intended to get one for myself. I made sure it wasnt on hold for anybody (even unofficially like mine was today) before buying it, I guess they just wanted to clear the stock?

I don't put much weight in these dates when it is one month vs. two. You could have four weeks in one month or four weeks split across two months and it would be the same yield.
So far No amiibo with 1 month has ever been common, so it's a good indication. Unless they increased the throughput for wave 4.

brickseek is showing 2 Villager amiibo in stock 20-30 minutes away from me. Is it worth the chase? lol
Given some Walmarts have put up Wave 1 pricetags again, I guess it's possible they lingered in on a random shipment now that the port strike seems to be over (or close to it).

I'd do it, but then again I do stupid shit. If anything, he's great trade bait if they have him.

brickseek is showing 2 Villager amiibo in stock 20-30 minutes away from me. Is it worth the chase? lol
I'd call first and have them hold it, Day 2 or 3 of Rosalina I had two Targets on brickseek within an hour that said they had multiple in stock (8 at one, 12 at another) and both stores said they had sold out of her the previous day.

wow, after shipping and fees he might make about $4 on each one of those if he wants to mail out 18 packages. Go fattie go!
Lol he may not know that and think Sonics worth a ton. There was a guy that walked into the local TRU and asked which is amiibos are rare. The employee messed with him and said toon link. He bought all 10 that was there.

No. Target offers the discount for Red Card because them taking money directly out of your account saves them the processing fees that Visa/MC/your bank charge... They pass all or part of that savings on to you. (Their actual merchant fee is likely less than 5%, but Target also saves accounting and other transaction costs.)

Cash doesn't have any fees

The regular Red Card is debit only... no interest.

And in repy to the person who discussed the marketing data, other stores (esp. grocery stores) use loyalty cards to mine data without giving you a discount on anything you buy... just the weekly sales. I'm sure this is more about saving transaction fees than data mining.
There is a debit red card and a credit red card. They are both the "regular" version

Lol he may not know that and think Sonics worth a ton. There was a guy that walked into the local TRU and asked which is amiibos are rare. The employee messed with him and said toon link. He bought all 10 that was there.
Lol. I wish I had that opportunity.
Too funny.

Though i heard GCU is totally big bang for your buck, i still wasnt able to dish out the money upfront for the subscription. Should have though when there was that sweet deal. I had no idea I'd be purchasing these damn amiibos from bestbuy at the time.
GCU is always on sale, I think it's still $30 this week. There is no reason not to buy it at $30

Cheaper than I've seen on eBay.

Speaking of breaking bad, It's spin off is much better than i expected!

I think so far it's better than breaking bad.

Indeed, I love Better Call Saul. Definitely getting better by the episode, sort of like how Breaking Bad was when it started out.
I thought breaking bad started off really slow in its first season.

Worth driving for the Villagers if they're really there (I went farther for Meta Knight), but Brickseek is not always right so maybe call.

Last edited by a moderator:
a lot of this smacks of beanie babies.. I did pick up a sheik because I thought it looked cool
This comparison has been made over and over. (not ragging on you, just pointing out that observation). I think we can all agree there are similarities.

The difference I see is that Mario, Link, Kirby, Pokémon, etc. are characters of our past and present that are beloved by many. Even for the casual gaming fan, they might say "Hey, it's Mario, Luigi and Toad, cool!" Beanie Babies were incredibly cute but they weren't based off something we've known and loved for [in some cases] decades.

Plus amiibo have some functionality with unlocking content or things like weapon drops. Many similarities, yes, but for people of this forum some of the appeal has to do with the recognizable characters, and much like Smash Bros itself, there is a "crossover" effect of sorts since different gaming universes are combined into one line of figures. There might be a Beanie Babies-like fallout with these one day but I could see the fallout being much softer and slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back