Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys do realize that 99.9% of the Gold Mario's "sold" on eBay right now aren't actually being sold, right? They're absolutely all being won by shill and troll bidders that aren't actually going to pay. No one is going to pay those prices before the thing is actually released since no one knows how hard to find it will or won't be.
i'm sure some are shill but not 99.9%. I've sold enough on ebay to learn that there are many many people out there with more money then they know what to do with and spend it on stupid things.

I know right.
The part that stumps me is where the plastic was glued to the original cardboard. How do these custom boxes get that area so clean from prior use to reglue on the new card?
I think he literally re-made the package. It's very cleaver actually...

Basically, buy a standard Mario Amiibo. Carefully rip off the bubble from the card... doesn't matter if there's pealing as long as the card keeps its integrity.

Now, he just make a custom gold Mario backing, printed it, glued it over the old cardboard and then cut as approprite (ie, for the peg hole). Now, clean off the glue/finish from the bubble (which probably requires some sanding and polish), and re-glue it back on the card.

And there you go, a perfect looking custom box.

I'm betting we're gonna see more and more of this.

Those people selling more than a single custom will soon be getting cease and desist letters with the threat of lawsuit from Nintendo.  Those aren't one-off customs.  They aren't even artistic endeavors.  It's simply copyright infringement. 

This is exactly my situation. 29/29 US with 8 extras for trade. I just found that a funny/interesting coincidence.
I was determined from the beginning to have all or none. I ordered some online like Lucario and Meta Knight, but after seeing shipping horror stories I didnt take any chances and got inline to get one at B&M just in case. That's why I have 3 of my extras haha! I was in the game from day one, my how things have changed from being one of a few dedicated Amiibo collectors to competing with scalpers and flippers and other frantic collectors just trying to get that one MiB Amiibo before it's gone.

I did a search for this and nothing came up so forgive me if this has been discussed,

but has anyone noticed how Rosalina's amiibo page on Nintendo's website says :

Exclusively at Target at launch.

I wonder if it's just strange phrasing or if it's just like a "timed" exclusive sort of thing.

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/COLN6qTF3vtu092ryqGvM0gsufIS9utf
all the exclusives say that, if they are reprinted they won't be exclusives, but I don't know if nintendo even knows if they will reprint them or not. It's possible one reason why gamestop is having preorders for may is because they know shulk won't be exclusive for may so they want to get as many orders as possible before people realize.

BB today had several Toon Link and Sheik and one worker even said they are expecting more Meta Knight next week. Stopped at a couple GS as well and they were loaded with Sonic, but no Mega Man anywhere in sight.

Yeah there's some really good custom amiibos I'd say are worth that price. But Gold Mario.... mask the base and spray it with primer and gold spray paint... about all you gotta do.

well I am officially throwing in the towel, which is actually a big relief. I will keep my toad preorder to use in treasure tracker....hella fun by the way, as well as the more common figures to use in game. I listed 10 of the most "valuable" amiibos on amazon for an extremely sinful inflated amount, which will result in my soul burning in the lake of fire for eternity (although I was already told this by my Christian counterparts).  

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this topic and appreciate all the info posted by a lot of cool people on this site.

well I am officially throwing in the towel, which is actually a big relief. I will keep my toad preorder to use in treasure tracker....hella fun by the way, as well as the more common figures to use in game. I listed 10 of the most "valuable" amiibos on amazon for an extremely sinful inflated amount, which will result in my soul burning in the lake of fire for eternity (although I was already told this by my Christian counterparts).

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this topic and appreciate all the info posted by a lot of cool people on this site.
I got rid of a bunch of my duplicates recently and made a 400% profit and I'm really struggling to stay in this. Just hard to care that much now that it's become such a competitive environment for what should be a fun collectible. I did just finish my world of nintendo 4" 1-1 set today though.

Finally found my MM Amiibi at Best But. Had Sheik and Sonic as well, but I didn't buy them. I figured I don't feel like selling Sheik if it's rare, ands I'm not going to use it either.

sorry if this been mentioned already havent paid much attention to the thread today but:

Gamestop officially stopped talking pre-orders on all Super Mario Series Amiibos today both online and in store.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-super+mario+amiibo,28zu0
Got my Toad preordered on Best Buy a few days ago and went in my local GameStop store to preorder the SMB Line (minus Toad). I am actually really excited about the New Mario Party 10 game. Nintendo is developing it themselves for the first time in forever.

Sonic & Mega Man both cancelled today by walmart.com for in-store pickup. :(
I officially give up actively trying to find these.

I've tried in store pick up twice now for amiibos, and both times half of my order wasn't there. I'm never doing in-store pick up again for these things.

Yesterday I got my first amiibo and now I'm pretty sure I'm done.

Girlfriend knew I wanted a certain amiibo and randomly decided she wanted to walk into ToysR'Us before we went to dinner. I waited in the car for a couple minutes and saw her return pretty quickly. I thought the obvious and was ready to drive then she suddenly pulled out Megaman out of a bag I didn't see her holding. She said it as the last one and when she saw it she looked around her like it was some type of trap :lol:

I've been lurking these amiibo threads here and on reddit since about December and decided not to deal with what people have been putting themselves into to find these things, pretty fun to read about occasionally though. The restock of figures was in the Arden-Arcade, CA area if that helps anyone. From what I've read Megaman will have a decent stock so I'm sure more of you will find him but it was nice to feel a little lucky (in regards to amigo) for now.

Went out looking for Sonic today, found 3 at Best Buy.  Gamestop's site said they were in stock but the cute chick working said they were all reserves...go figure.  They also got in a few more Megaman figures..but I already have one, so that's fine.  Best Buy had 3 just like their Sonics.  

Yoshi isn't exactly rare around here, but Target seems to have him and Peach on sale for $9.99 each.  Mario was on sale earlier...but now he's back up to $12.99

Can't seem to find Fox anywhere...ah well.  

Went out looking for Sonic today, found 3 at Best Buy. Gamestop's site said they were in stock but the cute chick working said they were all reserves...go figure. They also got in a few more Megaman figures..but I already have one, so that's fine. Best Buy had 3 just like their Sonics.

Yoshi isn't exactly rare around here, but Target seems to have him and Peach on sale for $9.99 each. Mario was on sale earlier...but now he's back up to $12.99

Can't seem to find Fox anywhere...ah well.
I'm fairly sure the new msrp for Yoshi, Peach and DK is $9.99

EDIT: yep

9089462f9e2401aad9d5cbb7fb1cd0f5.png

My friend and I had fun hunting today...Out of 7 stops, just ONE MM found. Best part was, it was at last stop. Makes it totally worth it haha.

(3 Targets, 1 Best Buy, 1 Walmart, 2 GameStop..First stop was GameStop, and last stop was at GameStop)

By the way, Mega Man looks awesome in person!!!

My friend and I had fun hunting today...Out of 7 stops, just ONE MM found. Best part was, it was at last stop. Makes it totally worth it haha.

(3 Targets, 1 Best Buy, 1 Walmart, 2 GameStop..First stop was GameStop, and last stop was at GameStop)

By the way, Mega Man looks awesome in person!!!
MM and Toon Link look great!

Is it possible that the original Mario from the Mario Series amiibo will be more rare than the Gold mario? As far as i know it isnt listed for sale individually anywhere only inside of the Mario Party 10 bundle. 

It's most likely one of two problems. Either A. It's listed as In Stock, but they only have a very short supply that is sold before they are able to pull them off the shelf for your order, or more likely B. They get the in store pickup order, have absolutely no idea what it is that you are trying to order, and just cancel it.

Is it possible that the original Mario from the Mario Series amiibo will be more rare than the Gold mario? As far as i know it isnt listed for sale individually anywhere only inside of the Mario Party 10 bundle.
Nope nintendo has plans to mass produce this model after mario party 10 comes out. Links are already popping up on foreign amazon sites.

http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-1069666-amiibo-SuperMario-Mario/dp/B00SSU65SA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1425159219&sr=8-2&keywords=amiibo+mario

Gamestop in Tarzana, CA on Ventura Blvd. has 1 sonic and, if I remember correctly, 3 sheik if anyone needs those (about 30 mins ago). Did a hunt today and that's all I found. went to a lot more places than I originally planed to.

Went to TRU, Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Fry's in Irving, TX this afternoon.  Seems to plenty of Toon Link everywhere.  Fry's had 1 sonic for those looking for him still.  Went ahead and grabbed a 2nd Yoshi to open since he seems to be hard to find these days.  Wasn't really looking for anything in particular, maybe an extra Ike or Dedede.  We've had snow and Ice all week in North Texas so I though I'd have a little luck.  Happy I found that Yoshi though, it was the last one at Fry's and the only one I saw all day.

Travelled a bit today and Toon Link was everywhere. I am convinced that he will replace Link. As for the rest, saw some sonic and megaman but no sheik. It's like he disappeared from the face of the earth because TRU had a least 3 rows but it is all gone.

I know right.
The part that stumps me is where the plastic was glued to the original cardboard. How do these custom boxes get that area so clean from prior use to reglue on the new card?
Printer plus cardboard? Front seems easy. Looking at the back, color seems off. Also something going on back bottom left corner

If you live near a Meijer store you may want to check there today.  Picked up Ike, King Dedede, Sonic and Mega Man today.  The store I went to had them behind the counter and were limiting them to one per person so you may have to ask for them.  There is also an mperk today that gives you 10% off your GM purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back