Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got my DK from best buy today and . . .

Damn.
Mine was worse. Mailer was opened, plastic was crushed a bit and it was torn off the card at the top. Since they don't have any DK right now had to take a refund which I used to pay off the last Link amiibo they had in store. Was told I would get a refund and also a free DK amiibo if it came back online for the trouble but as usual BB has shit customer service and when I called yesterday when it did come back they said the part about the free amiibo wasn't recorded. fuck BB customer service, almost as bad as Digital River.

I staple the Skylanders and Disney infinity figures like that because the glue that holds the bubble fucking sucks and they fall right off. Like all the time on the shelf and in the box. I never seen a amiibos packaging come apart by itself though.

I was gonna pass on yoshi, but seeing that the price dropped at target i asked on of the workers.  he said that when they start dropping they are about to clear them out for newer figures. decided to get yoshi and dk, still passing on peach for now though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Amiibo-GOLD-Mario-Walmart-Exclusive-PRE-ORDER-Limited-Edition-Super-/221703017538?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339e879442

This guy. Here's his active listing. If you go to his items for sale and check the sold box you'll see his other mario listings that already finished. Each one of those he has 50 plus sold. The comment about him hoping to get them at walmart on release to fulfill the orders makes sense but that's wishful thinking, he won't be the only one at walmart on release trying to get them.
1st. he can be 1 of walmart manager *employee of the year*. if any cag go to walmart on 3/20 and no gold mario amiibo. you know who's that person.

2nd. he can be 2nd hand black market where buy stealing rare amiibo's and jackup the price

Considering how long it took noa to finally rerelease earthbound people assume he'll be a unicorn. Unfortunately for me since he is my favorite and my main in the games
Ness is guaranteed unicorn , your right this is horrible for the legitimate fans of the Earthbound/Mother series but he will be bought out quick by the Scalper and "Traders'

I hope you got running shoes or some quick reflexes to order him when he's up otherwise you can forgot about getting him.This is the cold hard truth the amiibo game is serious you hear?

So how is it photos of Ness are hitting the wild when we don't even have any idea when they'll start to be available and haven't been up for pre-order anywhere in the US yet?

rjarmstrong100, on 28 Feb 2015 - 6:56 PM, said:rjarmstrong100, on 28 Feb 2015 - 6:56 PM, said:rjarmstrong100, on 28 Feb 2015 - 6:56 PM, said:
So how is it photos of Ness are hitting the wild when we don't even have any idea when they'll start to be available and haven't been up for pre-order anywhere in the US yet?
Wave 4 will probably have 2 releases. Speculation because of the cert.

Wave 4 part 1: Wario(Bowser), Charizard(TL/Sheik) and Ness(3D)

Wave 4 part 2: Pac man(Sonic and Megaman), Lucina(Ike) and Robin(Ike)

Do people that want Ness really care for him or it's because he is a sure Unicorn?
Both and then some.

The cult following of Earthbound/Mother (just look at starmen.net which has been around for a very long time) means there is a following for the character and therefore the figure.

Ness was in one game that hit US shores so absolutely zero casual fans will even know who he is. That's a recipe for Nintendo to make so very few of these. Definitely Villager levels.

Put these two together and he becomes a hot target for anyone in the amiibo game.

Many years ago, I shook my head when I witnessed my mother collecting beanie babies. And here I am with my own collection craze.

I went to BB for Mega Man and Sonic after the store locator said they had both so I check...not on the shelves so I ask someone to check the back and the lady comes back with both! Awesome! I also picked up their last Sheik bringing my collection to 6! Thanks a lot for pulling me in assholes! Lol

While I was at it, I swung by TRU...didnt know Kirby was the new Pikachu

upload pics
While looking through them, I dropped one that slid to the other side of the aisle, when I see that they have pennied out guides! I just couldn't resist!

Diary Entry #341:

Dammit. My job has been closed for a week and a half now. It's a fucking blizzard here. I haven't been out of the house in 5 days. I bet all my local stores are stocked out the wazoo with Ike's and shit just to piss me off.

I'm not convinced that Ness is real... It looks horrible if you really start to look at the face.
That face is OK for amiibo standards ,Ness looks like a masterpiecs compared to the official Marth and Ike production figures.

While looking through them, I dropped one that slid to the other side of the aisle, when I see that they have pennied out guides! I just couldn't resist!

Damn I'd LOVE a penny guide for Link Between Worlds.

Side note: I'm torn about my Pikachu Amiibo. A shy Best Buy employee that was clearly new walked up to me and politely asked if I needed help with anything. I said not really unless they had any Amiibo hanging out in the backroom. He scanned a few and said there was a Pikachu he could look for if I wanted it. I didn't have one so I said sure. He came back after another employee sweet talked me into caving on Gamer's Club (I don't do console games except for the Wii U now and 3DS). He triumphantly held up the lonely 'chu and said he was all alone in a cart and pointed out that the plastic was damaged along the base.

He asked me if I still wanted it. Assuming I would open it eventually, and feeling sorry that he went to the trouble to find it, I said sure. His face quite literally lit up for selling something. The other guy walked me to the checkout and said "Don't worry I'll put your numbers on this." to the other employee. Of course, I realized. They probably make commission for getting customers to buy stuff.

So now idk if I'm going to open these guys or get frustrated and give up hunting part way through and half to sell what I've got. Cracked plastic isn't the end of the world but why not exchange it if I can? What do you guys think.

Ironically,

Torn

Best Buy employees don't get commission.. But if you feel bad go to another best buy and buy another Pikachu and return the busted one. The guy will not know. You could buy it anywhere I suppose, it doesn't have to be best buy since you will just be getting a refund anyways.

I mean even by amiibo standards he looks bad... Most of the cartoony amiibo look pretty good, which ness would fall under. If that's an actual production unit then he'll be one of the worst looking amiibo IMO.

Best Buy employees don't get commission.. But if you feel bad go to another best buy and buy another Pikachu and return the busted one. The guy will not know. You could buy it anywhere I suppose, it doesn't have to be best buy since you will just be getting a refund anyways.
Huh, wonder what he meant then. Most salesmen do at least, but doesn't surprise me that a chain store might not. But hey, waitresses make less and are expected to get tips so I thought it was possible.

That's what I'll probably end up doing, take it back when I go to pick up my remaining commons (and get a sweeeeet discount.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back