Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I am one who is gonna keep these unopened for years to come. I see these being a big collectors item down the road considering it's the first time Nintendo has done something like this. I don't want and import characters and so paying for these rare characters is something I'm gonna have to suck up and buy them now while they are still reasonable.

I am one who is gonna keep these unopened for years to come. I see these being a big collectors item down the road considering it's the first time Nintendo has done something like this. I don't want and import characters and so paying for these rare characters is something I'm gonna have to suck up and buy them now while they are still reasonable.
I hope you are right, I can see prices of these collectibles going down after reprints unless there is a something that will indicate which print number they belong to. Of course maybe down the road probably 10 or 20 years from now, at this point I think people are getting tired for the lack of planning on Nintendo's part and just like all the bubbles this one is about to burst. I predict by wave #5 the amiibos will either have a bigger production or people won't care anymore.

I hope you are right, I can see prices of these collectibles going down after reprints unless there is a something that will indicate which print number they belong to. Of course maybe down the road probably 10 or 20 years from now, at this point I think people are getting tired for the lack of planning on Nintendo's part and just like all the bubbles this one is about to burst. I predict by wave #5 the amiibos will either have a bigger production or people won't care anymore.
I would personally like to purchase box protectors for these so that they do not start coming apart from weather conditions. Hopefully someone steps up and starts to produce something like this in the near future. Other than that we are going to have a really hard time keeping them 100% over the years.

I would personally like to purchase box protectors for these so that they do not start coming apart from weather conditions. Hopefully someone steps up and starts to produce something like this in the near future. Other than that we are going to have a really hard time keeping them 100% over the years.
I don't think they will. I plan on getting a big plastic storage bin that will fit all the Amiibo's. I think they will stay nice in those.

That's a great point that somehow I totally forgot about. I usually purchase protectors for all my collectible games from THIS GUY (he's on ebay too), but not sure what size would work best for amiibo, maybe the Pop boxes or something similar? He usually responds to emails pretty quickly, so when I get a chance I'll shoot him a message and see if he's got anything (or anything in the works) for them.

Edit: WHOOPS, linked the wrong guy. I fixed the link now.

Edit2: Also, if/when you order somethings from him, ask about getting one for the Smash CE Bundle (Or Mario Kart 8/Hyrule Warriors) since they are all the same size I believe. He said he may do those if demand is high enough! :)

You guys are totally wrong with these being valuable years from now - when the technology is no longer relevant, they'll drop to a few dollars. The only profit to be had on these is to flip them in the short term while there's a craze. You guys sound like beanie baby collectors.

You guys are totally wrong with these being valuable years from now - when the technology is no longer relevant, they'll drop to a few dollars. The only profit to be had on these is to flip them in the short term while there's a craze. You guys sound like beanie baby collectors.
Most things of collectable value don't have technological relevance. The only thing that makes them valuable is a market for people that will want them. If people still want to collect these for display / "I have this" reasons, they won't drop in price.

And another point, they aren't going above MSRP right now becuase of their usefullness. I'm curious what percentage of villager / marth / meta knight / WFT / Little Mac are actually being used for their intended purpose.

And another point, they aren't going above MSRP right now becuase of their usefullness. I'm curious what percentage of villager / marth / meta knight / WFT / Little Mac are actually being used for their intended purpose.
These things have an intended purpose? I am curious if Nintendo actually things they've hit gold b/c they think people love using them. I cant wait to use all of my Amiibo to get 1ups in Toad Treasure tracker...thats if I find time to sneak away from watching my Amiibo fight CPU characters by itself. :)

I just picked up WFT from amazon uk for $25 shipped. I am glad to finally be able to have one to open! I noticed everything on ebay is at least $5 more. Is that pretty much as good as you're going to do at this point in time?

Wonder when my Micheal Jordan rookie card will drop in value because the technology is no longer relevant.

Personally, I think the comparison to Beanie Babies doesn't extend further than that they both fall in the "toy" category. Beanie Babies arrived on the scene with no previous collector base.. to compare that to a company such as Nintendo that has had decades of popularity is crazy.

I'm not saying that these things will be worth a fortune forever, but I don't foresee a drop off like Beanie Babies because of Nintendo's storied history.

Personally, I think the comparison to Beanie Babies doesn't extend further than that they both fall in the "toy" category. Beanie Babies arrived on the scene with no previous collector base.. to compare that to a company such as Nintendo that has had decades of popularity is crazy.

I'm not saying that these things will be worth a fortune forever, but I don't foresee a drop off like Beanie Babies because of Nintendo's storied history.
Exactly, and Nintendo said only certain amiibos will always be on shelves. Maybe after 2015 there won't be any more restocks of the rarer amiibos of certain Smash waves and you'll only find Link and Mario and Samus out in the wild, and for other characters there'll be exclusive game amiibos (for example for Pikmin 4 one day they'll make another Olimar while Smash olimar will be nowhere to be found).

go look up nintendo collectables on ebay, they do not decrease in value

shoot, even their games go OOP and go up in value, they are not going to stock these Smash Amiibos forever and pay for shelf space, the game is eventually going to be considered an old game and interest will decrease but that doesnt mean the value of the amiibo will also decrease with interest, anything Nintendo for the most part retains its value over the years

regardless i couldnt care less because i am collecting them for myself not to resell, and i havent paid ebay price for any of them

I don't follow your logic, amiibos which are highly sought after as figurines whose technology can't be used in box are going to lose value when you can't use the technology?

I don't follow your logic, amiibos which are highly sought after as figurines whose technology can't be used in box are going to lose value when you can't use the technology?
Value has nothing to do with technology, it's if people still want them in the years to come. Market drives the value, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Like beanie babies, lol.

Your hysterical, Classic Nintendo merchandise is still worth benjamins despite being outdated in terms of tech. Like the R.O.B. toy that came bundled with the NES or the SNES Super blaster , plenty of pokemon cards and even the damn pokemon plush toys just to name a few.

Like others mentioned its not just their accessories that go up in value, 1st Party Nintendo games ALWAYS go up in price.Pokemon Heartgold for example is worth sgood cash if you can get it new and or complete , Ocarina of Time 3DS is already expensive both new and used hell pikmin 3 is worth some cash and that game wasnt even out that long.

To each their own. I personally buy amiibo figures because they give me a warm fuzzy feeling. A special smile on my face whenever I admire them (priceless). The little things in life that gives me joy.  :D/

For those that chooses to invest thinking these will be worth something in the future, maybe they will or maybe they won't? Does it really matter? Be mindful, just like any other investments risk is involved. :whistle2:  

Personally, these will retain value because of one word alone, Nintendo!

Value has nothing to do with technology, it's if people still want them in the years to come. Market drives the value, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Like beanie babies, lol.
I know any most nintendo memorabilia holds alright value if its rare enough. Just found it odd the loss of functionality would be the reason why these things lose value when they basically don't have any functionality right now.

It's cute when people buy toys because they think they'll be worth money in the long haul.
It's cute when children try to sound like grown ups.

I've been collecting toys for decades and I can tell you that a shelf of toys that I had paid for my honeymoon to Japan. Some of these things will drop in price, but some will hold. The gamble is: How long do you hold on to these before they start dropping.

It would have been kinda cool if the amiibo weight in grams corresponded to their "launch" weight in SSB. In some cases, it is pretty close. In game, I think Bowser is the heaviest and the lightest is either Kirby or Jigglypuff. WFT actually hits pretty hard for her size and doesn't get launched as easily.

He's not consistently in stores, but lots of Toon Links have been showing up lately in stores and online.
Same with Yoshi? I have a few friends who know I'm in to Amiibo and got me a couple extras, so thinking about opening them and playing with these guys since they are just taking up space in my collection box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back