Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
It's cute when children try to sound like grown ups.

I've been collecting toys for decades and I can tell you that a shelf of toys that I had paid for my honeymoon to Japan. Some of these things will drop in price, but some will hold. The gamble is: How long do you hold on to these before they start dropping.
The irony is strong in this one. Lol

There are plenty of toys from the 80s/90s that are worth money. Not retirement fund money but good money, nonetheless.
It's cute when children try to sound like grown ups.

I've been collecting toys for decades and I can tell you that a shelf of toys that I had paid for my honeymoon to Japan. Some of these things will drop in price, but some will hold. The gamble is: How long do you hold on to these before they start dropping.
These are strawman arguments. Because some toys from the 80s and 90s are worth a bunch of money that doesn't mean it's wise to go invest your money in toys. Because other guy has a Michael Jordan rookie card that doesn't mean that buying up basketball cards was a good investment.

The irony is strong in this one. Lol
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.. there ain't no shame in my game. You get to be a certain age you start caring less what others think. Once you get married and have kids you'll see. I don't judge motherfuckers that watch teenagers in college play basketball or football or people that play video games.

Don't judge adulthood by your hobbies.

Moral of the story: Hold on to those amiibos! Damn preorders of that Gold Mario on ebay would make a nice house payment.

These are strawman arguments. Because some toys from the 80s and 90s are worth a bunch of money that doesn't mean it's wise to go invest your money in toys. Because other guy has a Michael Jordan rookie card that doesn't mean that buying up basketball cards was a good investment.
I don't see how spending $1 worth of basketball cards in the 80s was a bad investment. And $13 for each amiibo doesn't really break the bank at this day and age. If it does, you need to straighten your priorities.

"The company recently revealed that some of the less popular Amiibo figures likely won't return once stores run out of stock. That would effectively mean their functionality with games would be unavailable to most players, but Miyamoto says they're looking into other solutions, with card versions being one of the possible remedies."

Uh oh time to grab dk and yoshi!

Same with Yoshi? I have a few friends who know I'm in to Amiibo and got me a couple extras, so thinking about opening them and playing with these guys since they are just taking up space in my collection box.
Yoshi is more common than Toon Link in my experience, but it's hard for me to compare them since Yoshi has been out for so much longer. Yoshis have been drying up for the last month, but I think that's largely attributable to the retail price being lowered to $9.99 a little bit back.

I need to ship an Amiibo to a CAGer, what size box is the best for one Amiibo? Wonder if I can just got to my USPS to get a free box. Hmmm.
One that will fit the amiibo.. but seriously I don't know what kind of answer you're looking for. Exact dimensions??

USPS will give you free Priority boxes, but you'll still have to pay postage.

Anything non-Priority; I guess it's worth an ask if they have a spare box for you.

Anyone who collects and is somewhat smart already knows this... the people that are buying up any and every Amiibo probably wouldn't make good investments anywhere. There's risks in any investment. Some of the Amiibo I own have a greater return (ie, Villager sells for 10x his face value) than my Roth IRA (maybe ~18% growth?). But I know in the long run, I'm likely not gonna be able to retire on my Amiibo.

Received my first oversees (Amazon.it) order, and Amiibo Trade using CAG... Everything came in perfect condition, just need the room for it Ugh!![attachment=12770:IMAG1843.jpg]

I kind of want to buy and collect an entire EU set because I really like the numbering system on the blister cards.  But that's probably a bad idea. 

I kind of want to buy and collect an entire EU set because I really like the numbering system on the blister cards. But that's probably a bad idea.
Yeah I was in the same boat when these first came out and even had people over there who could do it for me easily -- I guess I still do, but between currency conversions and shipping I decided to just stick with NA versions and save a buck or two. Plus, I was told that the numbering "resets" for the different series and that kind of annoyed me.

After recently opting out of the amiibo game I sold 9 figures that covered my recent $350 3ds bundle purchase. This is after initial cost, fees and shipping. I have 18 figures remaining that are mostly "commons", which I plan to play with like a little school girl. What's funny is I'm still migrating towards this Damn topic on a daily basis.

After recently opting out of the amiibo game I sold 9 figures that covered my recent $350 3ds bundle purchase. This is after initial cost, fees and shipping. I have 18 figures remaining that are mostly "commons", which I plan to play with like a little school girl. What's funny is I'm still migrating towards this Damn topic on a daily basis.
See now that's the way to be. The rest of us completionists be damned.

Same. Sold a few this past weekend. Ill keep the rest I have since I like them (Sonic, Ike, Sheik, Pit, Toon Link, Bowser, Meta Knightx2, Fox)

Gonna try and get rid of Rosalina's this week.

I'm just buying the figures I really really like and will use since I'm poor. I'm really wanting a rosalina luma figure but paying $40 for one just to open is kind of out of the question. Now I'm reading that the new yet unannounced rosalina for mario party 10 is different without luma or wand which to me makes the smash version far far better especially for playing smash bros since luma is also buy her side in the game. What do you guys think the odds are nintendo will have more of these made? I was reading on a forum that it was only in production for a month and that was it so that's why once they are gone they are gone. I don't get this, I mean do they destroy the casting dyes for them before seeing how well they are going to sell? Unless those are destroyed I can't see it being too difficult to make 1,000's more of them.

Same. Sold a few this past weekend. Ill keep the rest I have since I like them (Sonic, Ike, Sheik, Pit, Toon Link, Bowser, Meta Knightx2, Fox)

Gonna try and get rid of Rosalina's this week.
I'd like to get a rosalina to open and actually use. So as long as the figure looks great I don't care too much about the package. I would like the upper left corner of the card to not be too bad since I cut that part off to display beside my amiibo. Do you have any that fits the bill that you'd part with for $30 shipped to 40741? That is if the pending offer I have on 1 lose in package on ebay isn't accepted.

In my mind, the best course of action is to pay as little as possible for your figures so if you wake up one morning in a sea of Amiibo boxes and decide "Shit, what have I done?" you'll be able to minimize your losses as much as possible.

I'm just buying the characters I really like. I will only buy rare ones if I run into them at the store, which is highly unlikely.

Did you get a email that it shipped?
I haven't got an email or the CD yet.
I believe they got an email, or some did. However, I'm in the same boat as you just like many people in the CN thread. The site did say it was shipping in March and not last month like the people who already got theirs, so probably don't need to worry just yet.

Did you sell them individually or as a bundle?

I got an email on feb 27th that mine shipped but it's not arrived yet and I could find no tracking #. Not been to mailbox yet but she's bad about losing stuff so I hope it arrives and also I hope it arrives intact. Packages are sometimes in the main back of the box as if they've been tossed in there.

Yes, I got an email 2 weeks ago and got my CD early last week. It came in a bubble mailer as always but the jewel case survived...no cracks or anything. :)

I kind of want to buy and collect an entire EU set because I really like the numbering system on the blister cards. But that's probably a bad idea.
I am attempting to do this myself thou I missed out on EU little mac, falcon, roselina, meta knight, and shulk, Trying to find those atm sucks thou cause they cost alot :(

I never got a shipping confirmation email and my Smash soundtrack arrived last week.

Also, first time chiming in on this thread and I'm sure it's been said before, but DAMN YOU Nintendo. Not only are all your amiibo sold out, but most of them look all weird!

In my mind, the best course of action is to pay as little as possible for your figures so if you wake up one morning in a sea of Amiibo boxes and decide "Shit, what have I done?" you'll be able to minimize your losses as much as possible.
Finally took the time to click on the link in your sig and read about the 52 games challenge. Looks like no updates for February? Did you get too busy with life and forced to give up already? That's what always happens to me when I say that I'm going to play x games in y amount of time.

Finally took the time to click on the link in your sig and read about the 52 games challenge. Looks like no updates for February? Did you get too busy with life and forced to give up already? That's what always happens to me when I say that I'm going to play x games in y amount of time.
Damn, you're the second person to actually click that link, read it, and ask about it.

Nah, I haven't given up yet. February was just a busy month. There's the usual work hours, and then I've been going on a bit of a destash process, selling off or giving away stuff I don't need anymore that's just cluttering up the house. Because of that I haven't really had much urge to play videogames outside of the occasional 3DS Smash round or two, which unfortunately doesn't go towards the challenge.

I'll have to make a post later today and call myself out about it.

Damn, you're the second person to actually click that link, read it, and ask about it.

Nah, I haven't given up yet. February was just a busy month. There's the usual work hours, and then I've been going on a bit of a destash process, selling off or giving away stuff I don't need anymore that's just cluttering up the house. Because of that I haven't really had much urge to play videogames outside of the occasional 3DS Smash round or two, which unfortunately doesn't go towards the challenge.

That's a neat idea, I don't think I could beat 52 different games in a year.

If you keep at it, I'll keep checking in on your tumblr :p.

Cool, I look forward to tracking your progress since my "52 game challenge" is more like a "2 game challenge"... I'll be happy to 100%/finish 2 games this year! :)

Who has a chance to play all those games when we have to be glued to the computer/mobile with all of these scarce amiibos thanks to Nintendo?

Cool, I look forward to tracking your progress since my "52 game challenge" is more like a "2 game challenge"... I'll be happy to 100%/finish 2 games this year! :)
Yeah, I think most CAGS probably have big backlogs. The only games I have "beaten" this year are games I played with my kids...Disney Infinity 2.0, Super Mario 3D World, and New Luigi U. I guess those still count.

Yeah, I think most CAGS probably have big backlogs. The only games I have "beaten" this year are games I played with my kids...Disney Infinity 2.0, Super Mario 3D World, and New Luigi U. I guess those still count.
Yeah, they definitely count. My kid isn't old enough to play games yet (and other isn't even officially "here" yet), but my wife and I play SM3DW together occasionally, so we're making progress in that. I'd probably be better off if I just stopped playing Destiny during my one occasional free night each week since there's no real "progress" to be made there.

Rather than reprints, how about enough actually make it on shelves the first time?
I give you that Little Mac was hard to come by. However, Villager and WFT rotted on the vine, so to speak at my local Wal-Marts. I remember going into one looking for Marth and seeing nothing buy a few Marios and 8+ of village and WFT. I ordered my villager off Amazon nearly a week after release for MSRP and picked up WFT at Walmart after sites were saying that she was being discontinued. So, it's not really fair to say they were hard to come by at release. Slickdeals and the various sites reporting on them being discontinued were the driving force. Heck, I would have never bought them if the completionist bug had not hit me.

Yeah, they definitely count. My kid isn't old enough to play games yet (and other isn't even officially "here" yet), but my wife and I play SM3DW together occasionally, so we're making progress in that. I'd probably be better off if I just stopped playing Destiny during my one occasional free night each week since there's no real "progress" to be made there.
That's so funny. Earlier we were talking about the same JRPGs we love and have played. I play more Destiny than anything else as well. Something about it, the loot system and the gunplay, just keeps you coming back for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back