Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of stores have policy against selling to resellers.
Which is perfectly fine. What happens when the person isn't a reseller? Not that I like guiding people over to the amiibo reddit but many there (and a few here) have been stopped from buying more than one b/c some employee assumed they were in it to sell. Even for commons.

A lot of stores have policy against selling to resellers.
Thank you for having a brain unlike the person you quoted.

As far as me not knowing if stuff us rare anymore I don't follow these threads too much because it's most people just asking when wave 4 is up. I only checked today because my coworker said a random guy came in asking for little mac. Even he knows we don't have him in our state anymore so I thought something must have happened so I checked the site and sure enough everyone is in a uproar about a possible little mac restock when it was just one guy (like I said I don't know the full story if it's more than that but I don't feel like digging 10 pages back to find something more concrete than that). Upon looking for the answer I read a comment I really just didn't like so I vented on the internet it's something the people of this thread should be familiar with because that's all I see on here too I just happen to be from the other side of the wall.

I'm sorry my job doesn't pay as much as yours (feel free to share you self righteous prick) but I do take it seriously. Yeah I agree with the guy who said something about a customer upselling monster cables they are not better than something you can get for like a dollar on Amazon but if your dumb enough to believe them that's your problem the guys in my home their department sell 4k tv's with the cheapest crap cables in the store because they are honest about it and you know what some people still after hearing there is no difference still get the $80 cable over the $4 one.

I get that every sale matters and even something as cheap as $12 can matter because it's all about repeated business with customers but what I meant (sorry if I worded it wrong before) is that we can't do anything about it if it doesn't exist in our store. I remember when little mac first came out some seasonal guy sold one of the store pre orders since it didn't have a online order sticker print out automatically the dude flipped his shot. We jumped through so many hoops for this guy it was unbelievable we finally said that there will be no charge for here's your money back as soon as we get one in its yours for free and that still wasn't good enough. Ordering things for customers just doesn't work with these things we had to get our manager to bound the district warehouse for months before they finally gave it to us and that's only because of a restock of about 400 that showed up and we got 4 one for the angry customer (rightfully so our guy who is no longer with us fucked up and sold his PRE order like a moron) and three more which were placed on the shelves and gone in about ten minutes.

So again sorry a retail peasant just wanted to vent about the thousands of people yelling at us i'll just read you guys call us all idiots in silence and only offer help when I can.

This whole thing reminds me of this. I know I did this a lot when I worked at retail. I knew the game inventory like the back of my hand and when I told the customer that we're completely sold out with our inventory showing 0 on hand, they still insisted that I check the back. Fine by me. I wanted to take a drink of my soda.

723758158_koamt-1050x10000.jpg
Lol that's too true.

Didn't mean to jump on you Rohman, I understand some employees truly do know what is going on but like most here, we've seen employees not or care.

Many that say they have an item in stock when they don't, tell you they have the amiibo you wanted than come out and say Diddy Kong is what you wanted (when you said King Dedede), don't even check if its in stock (in the store, area, shipments). They just want you off the phone asking about "a toy".

Just today I had an employee tell me they had Captain Falcon and said it was physically there. Of course I drive an hour and it was never there despite her saying she saw it.

Anyways, no hard feelings but most employees I've dealt with truly have no clue what they are doing even when the proper information is given (item numbers, item location, SKU, dpci, etc).

Not the same at all. They're obligated to push and upsell accessories and performance is graded on that so they'll say what they have to for a sale.

When it comes to an item being in stock theres no debating. It either is or isn't.
I suppose you're right but it's pretty unethical for a company to direct it's employees to lie to the customers.

to be fair someone who has no clue about video games or nintendo or amiibo... diddy kong and king dedede both have a lot of d's in them.
That's funny your mom told me that too. ZING!

What's going on, did I miss out on much?!? Been going at it on the PC fixing a damn .sys file, @_@

I went in the store today and spoke with a BB employee, he gave me two stores in the area that have Little Mac in transit so this isn't an isolated incident. Will I be lucky enough to nab them? Unlikely, but he was very helpful, even writing down the SKU for me.

when I was at meijer 12:01 on pokemon x release it was looking like they didnt have it and he did have to search the back multiple times before discovering it had been misplaced, with amiibo you can never know

I suppose you're right but it's pretty unethical for a company to direct it's employees to lie to the customers.
I don't know about that particular situation but apart from having the ethical choice to lie and up sell the guy might not have known their was no difference in the cables they make us take these "learning" videos that sometimes the company doesn't make like monster making it and giving it to us to make it sound like their product is far superior to the other brands cable when the other does the opposite. So theoretically the marketing in one of those videos could have convinced him it was in fact a superior product but I doubt it because those things are terrible lol.

On a side note why do you guys want amiibos? Is it just to collect them or do you actually want the functionality of the figures? I got a link just to see what it did and never used it again. I did want all the fire emblem ones though since they unlock themselves in code name steam but if they actually brought out the card versions I'd be fine with that (although the one Ike I got in the store for a pre order looked pretty good except for its sword and face which the customer commented on when he picked it up lol).

Very YMMV but for anyone in the Atlanta GA area: they have a Shiek amiibo for $9.xx at the Target in 18th street (near Atlantic Station). If you are looking for one. It has the red price tag and is marked REPACKAGE but the box is rather beat up, I assume it's a return.

I did a stupid and didn't take pictures, sorry.

Yeah, the back IS magical.  Employees do like to hide stuff back there sometimes.   I got my Pit and my Captain Falcon from 'the back' at TRU, on different trips.  There are also 'on hold' (pre)orders, returns, and truck deliveries. Treat the employees courteously, smile at them, slow down and tell them what you want, directly, and you'll find that with a little bit of good etiquette your manners will payoff every now and again.  

Often times, workers that actually do know amiibos take pleasure in allocating them as they see fit.  Just stroke their feathers a tiny bit without coming off as annoying, rude, or desperate.  Having taken a shower and wearing nice clothes helps too.  Nobody cares about helping the smelly guy that rolls in wearing sweat pants and grunts a couple words.  So act like an adult, look them in the eye, and tell them nicely exactly what you want.  Because the next time that guy sees you, he might have a Pit from 'the back' waiting for you.

Retail employees don't inherently hate everything that is amiibo. They just deal with dozens of disgusting people every single day.  Make yourself someone worth servicing.  Many of you will think this all sounds foolish and that's fine.

The best buy I went to limited me to one Falcon per customer.  They also had them behind the counter.  Guess it depends on the location...

And let's be honest... how many employees completely make stuff up? (Of course, that's not exclusively a BB problem.)
A lot of employees not just at bestbuy but more so walmart and target are full of shit. I don't know how many times I get lied to my face about how they don't price match when they do. If I didn't have the price match policy of these stores in my phone, I prob wouldn't be able to get any of these deals.

@Rohman
I called my local Best Buy yesterday because I'd heard a shipment of Little Macs might be incoming. I told the guy I was looking to buy an Amiibo, the Little Mac, and wanted to make sure they had stock in before swinging by. Right away he knew what I was talking about, said yes they have some on the way but it could be 3 days from now, a week from now, he didn't know. I said ok, I'll try back in a few days, and that's when he said I might should try this morning, as if he had a personal hunch that's when they'd be in. Idk if they'll have them or not, but it's always nice when an employee is willing to lend some advice. Which, I think he offered because he could tell I just wanted one for myself and wasn't looking to scoop the whole lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back