Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
NW is only a 3 hour drive, so very tempting. No, what am I saying, that is pure insanity. Or is it? Yea, I can't let these amiibos get the best of me.
You can do it. If you agree to buy me breakfast I'll let you cut in line with me even. I was going to post about doing a potential meet-up. I don't mind buying coffee/breakfast to the guy that gets there the earliest and lets me get in line with him around 8:30.

I fixed that for you.
Nah, the stuff's too much of a hassle to sell tbh. I got listed a duplicate Falcon and got death threats from people

Yeah, looks like they changed the date to 3/7 -- its funny that they say line starts @8am but the last time they said that they had people waiting out in line 4 hours prior to that (according to reddit and here).

I thought Lucario was TRU exclusive?
NW gets an allotment because they're NW.

Yeah, looks like they changed the date to 3/7 -- its funny that they say line starts @8am but the last time they said that they had people waiting out in line 4 hours prior to that (according to reddit and here).
People are stupid and/or desperate. The saddest part about that was that besides Ike, you could literally walk into the store before 5pm and get one without the line.

Nice, eBay is going to get more NW Amiibos up for sell!
Yep. It's nice for those who truly want one for their collection, but, those who will just buy them to turn a profit on eBay just ruin this for true fans/collectors. In fact, the truth is, Nintendo is making it possible for those who aren't true collectors for the profit seekers to ruin it. Which is why I've decided I'm done with this stuff. I have no hope of getting a retailer exclusive (with the exception of the one Gold Mario I pre-ordered from Walmart), because I live so far away from any of the stores getting these exclusives. Then, they offer them all at Nintendo World, which has only one store. So, I say, "Screw you, Nintendo". You've lost me as a customer for these amiibo's. Yes, I realize, I am only one customer, and it won't matter to them. Just venting. Sorry for the rant.

At the end of the day Nintendo doesn't care if you're a "true collector", they will make money regardless. Nintendo is doing right by limiting it to one per customer but they would be dead wrong for caring what you do with it afterwards and deny you any for xyz reason.

At the end of the day Nintendo doesn't care if you're a "true collector", they will make money regardless. Nintendo is doing right by limiting it to one per customer but they would be dead wrong for caring what you do with it afterwards and deny you any for xyz reason.
I understand that, which is why I stated that they don't care. I'm just ranting. I am sure that I am not the only one that feels like this. At any rate, I can just bow out of this, and finally free up my time and money for more important things.

Yep. It's nice for those who truly want one for their collection, but, those who will just buy them to turn a profit on eBay just ruin this for true fans/collectors. In fact, the truth is, Nintendo is making it possible for those who aren't true collectors for the profit seekers to ruin it. Which is why I've decided I'm done with this stuff. I have no hope of getting a retailer exclusive (with the exception of the one Gold Mario I pre-ordered from Walmart), because I live so far away from any of the stores getting these exclusives. Then, they offer them all at Nintendo World, which has only one store. So, I say, "Screw you, Nintendo". You've lost me as a customer for these amiibo's. Yes, I realize, I am only one customer, and it won't matter to them. Just venting. Sorry for the rant.
I agree with your rant, but unfortunately, Nintendo cares more about their bottom line then assuring customers that only "true collectors" are buying their products. I do wonder sometimes what Nintendo thinks about the reselling of their products on eBay and other various sites. Nintendo sees none of that money. It's like buying a used or preowned game from GS; the retailers see the profit, but not Nintendo.

I understand that, which is why I stated that they don't care. I'm just ranting. I am sure that I am not the only one that feels like this. At any rate, I can just bow out of this, and finally free up my time and money for more important things.
I'm also starting to get a little worn out from this limited edition business that Nintendo has been running lately, starting for me back with the Wind Waker Ganondorf figure, all through the Smash Bros GCN Adapter, Majora's Mask LE game AND Console, etc, etc, and now the amiibos.

I'm also starting to get a little worn out from this limited edition business that Nintendo has been running lately, starting for me back with the Wind Waker Ganondorf figure, all through the Smash Bros GCN Adapter, Majora's Mask LE game AND Console, etc, etc, and now the amiibos.
You are right. I missed out on the Majora's Mask Limited Edition, and spent way too much buying one off eBay. I actually had a Majora's Mask 3DS XL in my cart at GameStop, and was checking out, when it suddenly disappeared and said that the item was sold out. I still haven't been able to get one of those damn adapters, and have given up on it. So, even though Nintendo is making their money, they could be making much more, if they would just make more available. Oh,, well.

You really should stop trying to say you're a bigger fan because you refuse to pay more than msrp for a product because by definition you're not. That aside, you're never going to stop sellers always and this is honestly the best way to make sure more people get theirs.

You really should stop trying to say you're a bigger fan because you refuse to pay more than msrp for a product because by definition you're not. That aside, you're never going to stop sellers always and this is honestly the best way to make sure more people get theirs.
I never said I am a bigger fan. Where did you get that from? I am hoping that my getting out of this will at least free up something for a collector. Not that I truly found many, so, it wasn't like I was making a dent, anyway.

I never said I am a bigger fan. Where did you get that from? I am hoping that my getting out of this will at least free up something for a collector. Not that I truly found many, so, it wasn't like I was making a dent, anyway.
I hear all this talk about people claiming to be collectors but are not willing to pay collector prices! If you truly are a collector, the. you should have no issues buying a mint set of 29 usa amiibos for $1000 usd

Diary Entry #456

Damn you, TRU. Making my wallet ache. I just got back from there. On the peg hung 2 lonely Mega Mans and 1 Sonic. 1 Mega Man was in normal mint shape. The other has a small piece of the side kinda torn up. The Sonic, however, the whole freaking top is bent backwards as if someone's little bastard child got a hold of it and threw it across the store. Luckily, I know a person wanting one to take out of box so no harm, no foul. The cashier recognized me and took 25% off since 2 of them were fucked up. Got out of there for $30. Not too bad. So if anyone wants a Mega Man, I got 2 extras. See my signature below and PM me.

I hear all this talk about people claiming to be collectors but are not willing to pay collector prices! If you truly are a collector, the. you should have no issues buying a mint set of 29 usa amiibos for $1000 usd
Paying $1000 doesn't mean you're a "collector", it makes you an fuck idiot.

Um, no. Just because someone is a collector, doesn't mean they should have to pay way above MSRP. If you do, that's your business, and I'm not going to say that you shouldn't, just like you shouldn't believe I should be willing to pay above MSRP. I did, for example, pay way above MSRP for the Majora's Mask Limited Edition, but, that's because I felt it was worth it. I don't feel that amiibos are. To each their own.

I mean "you" in a metaphorical sense, not you personally. Reading it now it reads like I'm outing you, sorry.

Paying $1000 doesn't mean you're a "collector", it makes you an fuck idiot.
Course not, but the guy that's willing to pay 1k for the item obviously wanted it a lot more than you do. The "true fan" excuse is more bullshit than the "imma buy 20 to trade with" excuse

I certainly don't mind paying collector prices (albeit the lowest collector prices I can) for things that are long since OOP. I'd happily buy Little Samson for NES some time when I have an extra $500-$700 to pick one up with. Maybe by the end of the year...

Incidentally if anyone is selling it for sub $500 I'll find the money right now..

I mean "you" in a metaphorical sense, not you personally. Reading it now it reads like I'm outing you, sorry.

Course not, but the guy that's willing to pay 1k for the item obviously wanted it a lot more than you do. The "true fan" excuse is more bullshit than the "imma buy 20 to trade with" excuse
Thanks for clarifying. I agree, those who do pay $1000.00 for a full set, do want it more than I do. I would say, more power to them. My "fan" statement is only for those collecting, verses buying them to resell at a premium. Obviously, if a person has no interest in the amiibo, and are only buying them to sell, they aren't a true collector. There are many of them out there. I understand some do it as a living. Fine, but, it still makes the whole thing difficult for someone who just wants them in their collection, and can't afford to play inflated prices to do so. Which is why I am tired of the whole thing, and decided it isn't worth it, anymore. That's all. I didn't mean to cause all of the arguments and name calling that people feel the need to do. I'm not calling you, out, either. I am talking about the posts referring to me as a cry baby or being butt hurt. That's ridiculous. I am just tired of the chase. That's all.

Nintendo makes quality products.

Nintendo intentionally limits availability of products.

Nintendo drives market value up on products as demand never catches up to supply.

Notice the waves of releases and limited prints on certain products. Don't tell me they don't intentionally do this to drive sales and generate hype.

The more you WANT a product, the more the consumer is willing to PAY for it. They've struck a pretty effective balance when it comes to approaching the market.

I certainly don't mind paying collector prices (albeit the lowest collector prices I can) for things that are long since OOP. I'd happily buy Little Samson for NES some time when I have an extra $500-$700 to pick one up with. Maybe by the end of the year...

Incidentally if anyone is selling it for sub $500 I'll find the money right now..
haha well your a fucking idiot according to people. And yes I used "your" intentionally

Thanks for clarifying. I agree, those who do pay $1000.00 for a full set, do want it more than I do. I would say, more power to them. My "fan" statement is only for those collecting, verses buying them to resell at a premium. Obviously, if a person has no interest in the amiibo, and are only buying them to sell, they aren't a true collector. There are many of them out there. I understand some do it as a living. Fine, but, it still makes the whole thing difficult for someone who just wants them in their collection, and can't afford to play inflated prices to do so. Which is why I am tired of the whole thing, and decided it isn't worth it, anymore. That's all. I didn't mean to cause all of the arguments and name calling that people feel the need to do. I'm not calling you, out, either. I am talking about the posts referring to me as a cry baby or being butt hurt. That's ridiculous. I am just tired of the chase. That's all.
No I feel you, this and the whole MM disaster was always followed up by people raving about how hardcore of a fan they were that they couldn't be bothered to visit a GS store to get a web to store order down in the 1 day it was open. NW you do get the obvious scalper or weird 50 year old guy that's really into amiibos but no one doing this for a living is going to brave 1-2 hours of waiting in line for maybe $120 profit. The majority of the people in that line are people trying to pick up extras for friends or to sell or for trades and you'd never know it unless they outed themselves.

This is the amiibo thread, all we do is argue

https://twitter.com/Nintendo_World/status/573947249010470912
Yeah ... No thanx. NWS seriously screwed this up. Used to be they tweeted out at some point early afternoon what they had, and you could head over there calmly during lunch time, wait on a short line, and get the ones you want. Now tweeting a full day in advance gives way to much advanced notice and forces you to get there at like 5am and wait hours. Eh... It was fun while it lasted, but just not worth it.

I don't get the chase. I pre-ordered wave 2 and 3, and found the others in store and they were casual purchases, not F5 refreshes and sitting by the comp with no life. Now my set is worth $1k and collectors willing to pay that much are drooling over it. Let them pay me 1k for plastic if I choose to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back