Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
My local GS randomly got one Mega Man and Sonic in stock today, so I grabbed a MM.
It seems like Sonic and Mega Man just got fairly common. Maybe shipments were stuck in the ports?
2 weeks ago I couldn't find them anywhere. Now I've started seeing decent stock online and in stores.
I hope this starts to happen with other Amiibo soon...

So went to a local comic con downtown today in Indy.  Gamestop had a booth there and to my surprise they were selling amiibo's.  I didn't need anything but what was funny is they were tagged with the GS sticker for 12.99 but they had a sticky note above saying they were selling them for $14.  GG Gamestop.

Walmart was really dumb... if they didn't have enough for pre-orders and the stores, then they should have done either or. Why advertise in stores if you won't make them available? Foot traffic is the best reason to do the Amiibo exclusive. If it was just about the profit, then do online only. I guess they weren't thinking this through... (and don't tell me they were surprised by the pre-order sell through. They should have learned from the others, or just set a hard limit.)

Bottom line is, Walmart should have made Gold Mario bundle only anyway.

So went to a local comic con downtown today in Indy. Gamestop had a booth there and to my surprise they were selling amiibo's. I didn't need anything but what was funny is they were tagged with the GS sticker for 12.99 but they had a sticky note above saying they were selling them for $14. GG Gamestop.
could that have been a 14 dollar total? in store would be 12.99 + tax. That wouldn't be bad if they were 14 including tax

It seems like Sonic and Mega Man just got fairly common. Maybe shipments were stuck in the ports?
2 weeks ago I couldn't find them anywhere. Now I've started seeing decent stock online and in stores.
I hope this starts to happen with other Amiibo soon...
I don't think it was the ports. I think stores just didn't get their full alotment in one shot, and so scalpers were trying to buy them all up hoping they would be scarce. When Target's initial shipment of Sheik was 4, everyone thought she/he would be the next Marth... but eventually scalpers realized they couldn't buy them all up. Nintendo just flat out made more because they knew those 2 would be popular.

Not sure if it is b/c of line and people not wanting to share info but if that's true than that's pretty shitty.

People complain about SD and other forums but at least people are more than willing to share information. It isn't some secret, its a shared community.

I really hope that's not the case since every other thread here is more than happy to share, show their finds, and congrats others.
I've come to like this place a lot in the last year...but that privatized gang bang business is a well known knock on cag.

I don't think it was the ports. I think stores just didn't get their full alotment in one shot, and so scalpers were trying to buy them all up hoping they would be scarce. When Target's initial shipment of Sheik was 4, everyone thought she/he would be the next Marth... but eventually scalpers realized they couldn't buy them all up. Nintendo just flat out made more because they knew those 2 would be popular.
Whatever the reason, I still hope we see more Amiibo become common soon.

Yeah, I was surprised cause around here at least those two are scarce. I already have a MM so may just sell it here to someone at cost.
You could also paint it.
Someone posted a picture earlier in this thread of their painted Mega Man Amiibo collection. Looked awesome!

It's more "traders" than scalpers considering some TRU's implemented a 1 per person policy for wave 3. Everyone bought it because they thought they got the scoop on an early buy and the fact that the pre-release was in small quantities for obvious reasons caused a cycle of hysteria. Same with mega man and sonic.

It's more "traders" than scalpers considering some TRU's implemented a 1 per person policy for wave 3. Everyone bought it because they thought they got the scoop on an early buy and the fact that the pre-release was in small quantities for obvious reasons caused a cycle of hysteria. Same with mega man and sonic.
traders and scalpers are no different, unless they are willing to trade a Pikachu for an extra Villager or something along those lines, assholes that buy more than they need are just keeping everyone else from getting their hands on them and inflating the price / value.

traders and scalpers are no different, unless they are willing to trade a Pikachu for an extra Villager or something along those lines, assholes that buy more than they need are just keeping everyone else from getting their hands on them and inflating the price / value.
Except people shouldn't be able to buy enough of them to inflate the price. At least some stores are putting limits on them. Even if they didn't, my area which has 2 gamestops, 1 best buy, 1 target, and 1 wal-mart, never got pit, king dedede, or Ike's beyond pre-orders. My best buy got 1 little mac and target got 5. Gamestops had enough for pre-orders. Gamestop got 1 shulk for a pre-order. That's beyond absurd. If Nintendo produced more there would be no scalper's or traders. I mean Skylanders has a few rare ones I believe like the Kaos traps and Disney Infinity had some shortages at the beginning but nothing like this.

Except people shouldn't be able to buy enough of them to inflate the price. At least some stores are putting limits on them. Even if they didn't, my area which has 2 gamestops, 1 best buy, 1 target, and 1 wal-mart, never got pit, king dedede, or Ike's beyond pre-orders. My best buy got 1 little mac and target got 5. Gamestops had enough for pre-orders. Gamestop got 1 shulk for a pre-order. That's beyond absurd. If Nintendo produced more there would be no scalper's or traders. I mean Skylanders has a few rare ones I believe like the Kaos traps and Disney Infinity had some shortages at the beginning but nothing like this.
what are you talking about? Skylanders have scalpers and collectors stalking shipments to the point where kaos traps basically don't reach the floor most times and we're talking about a piece of plastic that doesn't evoke any nostalgia at all. With Disney Infinity pre-2.0 you could actually tell which packs would contain a rare by feeling it up and you would have people go through entire stocks of inventory to buy only the rares in order to sell online.

Part of the reason why this thread is so lively is because its most people's first experience into the world of in demand collectibles.

Well today I finally reached 29/29 though my marth, wft, and villager are EU versions. Through trades I got little mac and pit. A forum member on racketboy helped me get Lucario and Shulk, from another RB member I got marth for $25. Resorted to ebay to get villager for $60. Everything else at msrp.

Yes I will prob end up opening the rest.

[attachment=13046:image.jpg]

Have you guys seen the guy on eBay selling US wave 4 pre-orders (from fye)? Just type in Ness Amiibo on eBay.
The guys most likely bullshitting. The first pre orders are going to get a lot of money and let's face it, the chances of not getting a pre order in at all for the next couple months will be slim. Besides, his feedback already has shown he refused to ship a few amiibos most likely because he didn't want to sell at that price,

I have a quick question, I preordered gold Mario, but on the order it doesn't show my apartment number despite being saved to my shipping address on my Walmart account. would I still receive it or do I have to email them? I feel if I contact them, might get my order canceled

I got $90 in credit today for Gamestop thanks to 3 PS2 systems, even though they have issues lol. Gonna put some of it towards wave 4 preorders. Hopefully I can score some of the rare ones...

Here's my set up. It's not much but I like their elegance just sitting there. Once i get the ones I want/get tired of hunting/the wife threatens to leave me, I'll try and find a better home for them on a shelf. I wouldn't mind some snazzy lights either.[attachment=13047:20150312_195947.jpg]

While we're all sharing, here's my set up. It's simple and easy to access and actually takes up very little space.
It's some display fixture from a drug store. I saw they were about to toss it and asked if I could have it. Looks pretty nice with all the stuff "floating" on it.

[attachment=13051:image.jpg]

Here's my set up. It's not much but I like their elegance just sitting there. Once i get the ones I want/get tired of hunting/the wife threatens to leave me, I'll try and find a better home for them on a shelf. I wouldn't mind some snazzy lights either.
attachicon.gif
20150312_195947.jpg
Right there with you, pal. I'm the newest member of the Cold Couch Club. "I swear, honey, this is the last one-- ohhh snap Ness preorders are up F5 F5 add to cart checkout"

I don't even use these darn things for the actual game.

I NEED 3 Charizard. One to go unopened, one to open, one to paint to match my shiny I've had since fire red in 04. I want lucina and robin. Ideally I want them all, but Charizard is the only one I want extras of. Lucina is kind of one, but after how Ike was handled, with my two preorders at GS being made into one, I'm not sure how she'll play out. Definitely making sure I don't cancel any backups. I'll just get them and then return/trade what I don't want for what I didn't get.

I haven't watched religiously that's why I wish I was in that line group. It's much easier and thanks to the CE group I was able to get a MGSV PP CE on ps4 without having to check cag every 10 minutes.

I NEED 3 Charizard. One to go unopened, one to open, one to paint to match my shiny I've had since fire red in 04. I want lucina and robin. Ideally I want them all, but Charizard is the only one I want extras of. Lucina is kind of one, but after how Ike was handled, with my two preorders at GS being made into one, I'm not sure how she'll play out. Definitely making sure I don't cancel any backups. I'll just get them and then return/trade what I don't want for what I didn't get.

I haven't watched religiously that's why I wish I was in that line group. It's much easier and thanks to the CE group I was able to get a MGSV PP CE on ps4 without having to check cag every 10 minutes.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Lucina and Robin. Them too. Gay biker bar Wario and Pac-Man can rot.

I have no idea what these groups are but I'm assuming they're exclusive groups that aren't sharing.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Lucina and Robin. Them too. Gay biker bar Wario and Pac-Man can rot.

I have no idea what these groups are but I'm assuming they're exclusive groups that aren't sharing.
It's kinda like an instant message with grouping. I believe dreamer set up the CE group if you'd like it. If someone in the group sees something go up they send a message in the group with the link and everyone in it gets it. After that it is posted here for everyone if it hasn't been already. It's just instantaneous and takes some of the F5ing out of the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back