Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
It's kinda like an instant message with grouping. I believe dreamer set up the CE group if you'd like it. If someone in the group sees something go up they send a message in the group with the link and everyone in it gets it. After that it is posted here for everyone if it hasn't been already. It's just instantaneous and takes some of the F5ing out of the equation.
Where is this group? How do I sign up?

I read a rumor the other day that NoA doesn't plan on doing pre-orders for Wave 4 and they don't plan on promising a solid release date either, just saying "late April".  

Normally I just totally shrug off rumors, but since all of these other things were up MONTHS before their release and were available to pre-order not long after they were announced, I'm inclined to think this could possibly turn out to be true... Especially since these were available to order weeks ago in other regions.

I read a rumor the other day that NoA doesn't plan on doing pre-orders for Wave 4 and they don't plan on promising a solid release date either, just saying "late April".

Normally I just totally shrug off rumors, but since all of these other things were up MONTHS before their release and were available to pre-order not long after they were announced, I'm inclined to think this could possibly turn out to be true... Especially since these were available to order weeks ago in other regions.
Would that be because of the pre-ordering fiasco with every wave thus far IE: orders not being fulfilled/cancelled/etc and people *cough* scalpers *cough* who pre-order multiples thus draining the supply for the general pop? In any event, I doubt they would forego pre-orders but we'll see won't we?

Even if Nintendo wanted to do this, there is no logistical way Nintendo could prevent this short of selling Amiibos directly by themselves. The major retailers have inventory systems that require notice so item numbers can be entered and stock can be allocated to stores and online storefronts. The second that info comes in, retailers can and will sell preorders.

It's a chat app on ios/android.
Line is it's name.
I believe only the person who started the thread (skaflone) can add people.
Otherwise I'd shoot you an invite.

In any event, install the Line app on your phone. Then pm skaflone721 on here.

Would that be because of the pre-ordering fiasco with every wave thus far IE: orders not being fulfilled/cancelled/etc and people *cough* scalpers *cough* who pre-order multiples thus draining the supply for the general pop? In any event, I doubt they would forego pre-orders but we'll see won't we?
I've been able to get every wave through preorders. Lazy people perhaps didn't preorder. Oh well on them.

I've been able to get every wave through preorders. Lazy people perhaps didn't preorder. Oh well on them.
I concur. I have scored every single amiibo to date so with a little persistence and elbow grease it's not terribly difficult, so that's no excuse for no pre-orders (if that were the case).

That would be a retailer decision right? I find it weird NOA has the power to enforce something like this when most retailers have realized these things are more trouble than their worth

The whole rumour of no preorders for wave 4 scares the hell outta me.
If we can't secure a order online it's going to become a bloodbath out there.
People lined up every day, fighting over the few figures that arrived.

Personally, I hate this idea, and feel it will create more problems than it will solve.
That and it's just scary, and basically ensures I'll have to buy at least a few on eBay, because I don't have time to physically hunt these anymore.

Just let us complete the damn series, Nintendo!

Here's a tip: print more amiibo.

Even if Nintendo wanted to do this, there is no logistical way Nintendo could prevent this short of selling Amiibos directly by themselves. The major retailers have inventory systems that require notice so item numbers can be entered and stock can be allocated to stores and online storefronts. The second that info comes in, retailers can and will sell preorders.
That would be a retailer decision right? I find it weird NOA has the power to enforce something like this when most retailers have realized these things are more trouble than their worth
Perhaps it's not entirely in their hands, but then again most toys are not available in a pre-order type state save for specialty sites like BBS. Retailers don't have to place items up for pre-order in order to sell them(see above example), but they could have a general date from Nintendo and then only be allowed to sell once they have the stock in their hands. It's all speculation though, I just think it's extremely weird that these were announced months ago and still nothing.

I think it's obvious that once the Mario Amiibos are released they'll start getting ready to drop the next wave of smash amiibos.

I think nintnedo realized people weren't really caring too much about them so they held off on the next wave to make people wanna buy the ones coming out this month

These amiibo are getting so popular I think nintendo should basically bundle them in with the games that each support. Mario party 10 is a good start but I think they should have made the gold mario a walmart bundle instead of offering him by himself. This would have moved a lot of mario party 10 copies although I doubt it would have cut out much of the scalpers. Still this would push nintendo's software sales through the roof. It's like Toad, why do you think everyone wants Toad? I want Toad because of what is unlocked in Treasure Tracker. Basically nintendo needs to offer less different amiibo's at a time releasing them with games taking full advantage of the amiibo NFC abilities. Flooding the market with so many different ones at a time is proving to turn people off of trying to get them all. I saw hot wheels collectors get burned out back in the mid to late 90s because they made too many series too fast and collectors could not hope to get all the variations. Keep it simple & release a few here and there with game bundles.

These amiibo are getting so popular I think nintendo should basically bundle them in with the games that each support. Mario party 10 is a good start but I think they should have made the gold mario a walmart bundle instead of offering him by himself. This would have moved a lot of mario party 10 copies although I doubt it would have cut out much of the scalpers. Still this would push nintendo's software sales through the roof. It's like Toad, why do you think everyone wants Toad? I want Toad because of what is unlocked in Treasure Tracker. Basically nintendo needs to offer less different amiibo's at a time releasing them with games taking full advantage of the amiibo NFC abilities. Flooding the market with so many different ones at a time is proving to turn people off of trying to get them all. I saw hot wheels collectors get burned out back in the mid to late 90s because they made too many series too fast and collectors could not hope to get all the variations. Keep it simple & release a few here and there with game bundles.
I disagree with the bundling but agree that these things need more relevance. It's kinda hilarious how code steam came out and you realistically probably only have an Ike to use for the game. By the time wave 4 and marth comes out this came will be forgotten

I concur. I have scored every single amiibo to date so with a little persistence and elbow grease it's not terribly difficult, so that's no excuse for no pre-orders (if that were the case).

Some people have busy lives or kids. Some people just have high priorities in their lives and don't have time to hunt. Let's be honest, Not every amiibo has been easy to achieve. Especially Rosalina...... if you call elbow grease refreshing computers or phones all day for these things then maybe people might need to re think what's important in life. Maybe you were blessed with a high paying job that allows you that time to hunt. Or maybe your a kid in school who doesn't need to worry about anything but school work. Whatever the case don't make it seem like it's been some sort of a cake walk because it has been a struggle. And you know when pre orders go up like gold Mario, Rosalina or UK Ness? ....... they go up when your sleep or busy at work. And all the ones who wake up to alarm at 3 at morning to check their phones or sit at home spamming the F5 button grab like 3, 4 or 10 amiibos and your stuck without even a chance.....
It's a little frustrating. Just because you managed to get lucky doesn't mean it's the same for the rest.

I know right i really enjoy Code Name S.T.E.A.M. and cant wait to get Marth Robin and Lucina to play in the Game but for now me and Ike will go HAM LoL

Rosalina was the easiest out of the four, what are you talking about? It also was up right after it was released, not to mention it was a Sunday.

Rosalina was the easiest out of the four, what are you talking about? It also was up right after it was released, not to mention it was a Sunday.
Maybe in your area. I went to three different Targets and two of mine didn't even get their shipments for opening day (I was sadly too late at the third to secure a Rosalina). For me, Lucario has been the easier of the four to find. I've seen my TRU restock him three times now.

We are talking about pre orders. And it also depended on your area. Trust me Rosalina was tough one. Quit generalizing everything off your experience. There are great amount of people who would kill for Rosalina. Rosalina was up and gone with pre orders.

Some people have busy lives or kids. Some people just have high priorities in their lives and don't have time to hunt. Let's be honest, Not every amiibo has been easy to achieve. Especially Rosalina...... if you call elbow grease refreshing computers or phones all day for these things then maybe people might need to re think what's important in life. Maybe you were blessed with a high paying job that allows you that time to hunt. Or maybe your a kid in school who doesn't need to worry about anything but school work. Whatever the case don't make it seem like it's been some sort of a cake walk because it has been a struggle. And you know when pre orders go up like gold Mario, Rosalina or UK Ness? ....... they go up when your sleep or busy at work. And all the ones who wake up to alarm at 3 at morning to check their phones or sit at home spamming the F5 button grab like 3, 4 or 10 amiibos and your stuck without even a chance.....
It's a little frustrating. Just because you managed to get lucky doesn't mean it's the same for the rest.
Anything that starts off with "some people have jobs/kids/lives you know" is nothing but a condescending gripe. It's a template of an entitlement complaint that has been used a billion times before in internet arguments and it rings hollow.

As you should know, like most things in life you're going to get out of it what you put into it. So don't deflect the blame for how you choose to spend your time. You've made your choices and that's how you choose to spend your time in your life and that's fine. On the bright side, this thread enables everyone with the very best opportunities to score rare amiibos. Fans should be thankful that it (and other forums like it) exists and thankful to all the people that spend all day F5ing and posting updates so those of you 'with lives' are able to score anything at all.

We are talking about pre orders. And it also depended on your area. Trust me Rosalina was tough one. Quit generalizing everything off your experience. There are great amount of people who would kill for Rosalina. Rosalina was up and gone with pre orders.
I have three extra Rosalinas and need some killing done, point me to those people.

It's no generalization, I got stock numbers in my area and surrounding Targets. Stores that got no shipment could have easily been avoided, like the stores that were near me and only got 12.

I have three extra Rosalinas and need some killing done, point me to those people.

It's no generalization, I got stock numbers in my area and surrounding Targets. Stores that got no shipment could have easily been avoided, like the stores that were near me and only got 12.
I too thought Rosalina was the easiest to get, mainly because it was the first exclusive released. Before release, I thought it would be the hardest to get b/c there were minimal pre-order windows but on release day, I was able to walk into my Target half an hour they opened and pick one up.

The rest I had pre-ordered and I only missed out on Meta Knight due to BBY employees fucking up pre-orders for in store pick up.

Mandatory post! I feel like this hasn't been mentioned today.

Something something something Sonic somewhere

Something something something Mega Man somewhere

Somebody saying something about them being everywhere as reply.

I expect another market comparison in the next 24 hours, beanie babies something something and a small discussion of the value to them as a person for us.

Another flava flav gold Mario re-quote pic plz.

I too thought Rosalina was the easiest to get, mainly because it was the first exclusive released. Before release, I thought it would be the hardest to get b/c there were minimal pre-order windows but on release day, I was able to walk into my Target half an hour they opened and pick one up.

The rest I had pre-ordered and I only missed out on Meta Knight due to BBY employees fucking up pre-orders for in store pick up.
Lucario was actually the first exclusive released.

But yes, Rosalina was far and away the easiest to get. If you didn't have a pre-order in for the other 3 you were almost certainly screwed on release day unless you were one of the first few people in line.

Lucario was actually the first exclusive released.

But yes, Rosalina was far and away the easiest to get. If you didn't have a pre-order in for the other 3 you were almost certainly screwed on release day unless you were one of the first few people in line.
Ah, you're right. I could have sworn it was Rosa but no, she was released after. I just happen to get her first, since I picked her up in store and Lucario was shipped from TRU.

Hi everyone,

I'm leaving to Tokyo tomorrow and co-workers are asking me to purchase them Amiibos in Japan (because they are harder to find or too expensive in the US for certain characters).  Any recommendations what stores in Tokyo with a good selection to choose from?

Hi everyone,

I'm leaving to Tokyo tomorrow and co-workers are asking me to purchase them Amiibos in Japan (because they are harder to find or too expensive in the US for certain characters). Any recommendations what stores in Tokyo with a good selection to choose from?
Ionno all of them from the looks of it?

Rosalina is one of the exclusives I wanted and missed out on. Our Target store closed about three or four days before she came out. I was not very pleased. To be fair, I had 2 flus as well, so it's not like I could have gone out if I wanted too, but still. Bummed I missed her. Probably passing on Gold Mario, I'll just get a normal fireball one and be happy.

Rosalina was difficult to get for some of us in the Midwest. We had quite the snowstorm here and someone like me (that wouldn't drive 65 miles to get to the nearest Target) didn't get one. I had to trade for it.

But since preorders were up for the others, I got them without issue. That made Rosalina hardest to get.

Rosalina was difficult to get for some of us in the Midwest. We had quite the snowstorm here and someone like me (that wouldn't drive 65 miles to get to the nearest Target) didn't get one. I had to trade for it.

But since preorders were up for the others, I got them without issue. That made Rosalina hardest to get.
Preorders were up for Rosalina though if you were diligent.

Hi everyone,

I'm leaving to Tokyo tomorrow and co-workers are asking me to purchase them Amiibos in Japan (because they are harder to find or too expensive in the US for certain characters). Any recommendations what stores in Tokyo with a good selection to choose from?
I'm pretty sure many of the same ones that are hard to find here are also hard to find there.

About the LINE group, sorry I was extremely busy lately and missed quite a few requests. I got all the other invites out. Luckily, it's been really quite with Amiibos right now due to being in between waves.

Here is reference post if anyone is interested in joining. Please PM me.

Alright guys, I've set up a LINE Alert/Chat for everyone here. We've had great success using this on Neogaf.

Please download LINE for either Android, iOS or PC. Sign up for an account, then PM me with your username and I will give you the invite links to the rooms. There is no need to give your mobile number to LINE. Just use a throwaway Facebook account to sign up.

There are two rooms. The chat room is free for all. Talk about whatever. You can turn notifications off for this room so you don't get a beep every message.

The Alert room is ONLY for Amiibo alerts. Nothing else is allowed in this room as if you want Alerts, we will have to leave the notifications on for this one, that means we can't disturb people sleeping.

Here is a sample format of how you should post anything that comes up in Alerts.

US Lucina on Amazon
*insert direct link*

If someone misses it or needs to comment, please don't post in the Alerts. Jump over to the regular chat and discuss to your heart's content.

Also, go into Settings > Notifications and then uncheck "Group Invitations" so you don't get a notification beep every time someone joins the chat.

Limit is 100 members. Please don't get worried if I don't respond to the PMs. For some reason I don't get proper notifications. So I will be checking manually every couple of hours.

that snow storm is why i got it, strolled across the street at 10:15 and bought two no line barely anyone in the store, should have bought more, they were all cleared out by the evening when the plows came through

that snow storm is why i got it, strolled across the street at 10:15 and bought two no line barely anyone in the store, should have bought more, they were all cleared out by the evening when the plows came through
You guys are so lucky , I want 5 foot Of snow. Here in Florida if only gets down to the 40s

They went up once for 30 mins when most people still hadn't gotten absorbed in this craze.
I was never able to preorder, I think some people who stalked it were able to f5 and get it.

It did go up for at least an hour the day it was released.

I agree with you 100%. It's not a black and white situation, as some people believe. Good for those that can get them all, fairly easy, but, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who aren't as lucky.

Anything that starts off with "some people have jobs/kids/lives you know" is nothing but a condescending gripe. It's a template of an entitlement complaint that has been used a billion times before in internet arguments and it rings hollow.

As you should know, like most things in life you're going to get out of it what you put into it. So don't deflect the blame for how you choose to spend your time. You've made your choices and that's how you choose to spend your time in your life and that's fine. On the bright side, this thread enables everyone with the very best opportunities to score rare amiibos. Fans should be thankful that it (and other forums like it) exists and thankful to all the people that spend all day F5ing and posting updates so those of you 'with lives' are able to score anything at all.
did you just try to make busy people sound like we make excuses? Lol and you tried to make it sound intellectual? Definitely don't want nothing more to do with this forum. Dudes already sound borderline crazy. This dude said "it's a template of an entitlement complaint that has been used a billion times." Man if your not a troll I don't know what drugs your on. I have plenty of friends who don't have time for pre ordering plastic toys. You just threw big words in there to make it sound nice. Lol so even if I have a busy job and miss a pre order, that means I wasn't trying hard enough? Lmao! This forum has some characters

did you just try to make busy people sound like we make excuses? Lol and you tried to make it sound intellectual? Definitely don't want nothing more to do with this forum. Dudes already sound borderline crazy. This dude said "it's a template of an entitlement complaint that has been used a billion times." Man if your not a troll I don't know what drugs your on. I have plenty of friends who don't have time for pre ordering plastic toys. You just threw big words in there to make it sound nice. Lol so even if I have a busy job and miss a pre order, that means I wasn't trying hard enough? Lmao! This forum has some characters
Amen! Apparently, people who have any time of situation that prevent them from being able to pre-order, or just walk in to a store and pick up a rare figure, are just losers making excuses. It's so easy for someone sitting behind a computer screen, to just say some random shit and think they are somehow better than everyone. Such a sad thing, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back