Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify, we can PM Fred Meyer on the new SMB amiibo figures? like $10.99 for Toad? Please let us know. Thanks!
Can't find the ad. TRU won't usually pm category sales (10% all butts) unless the price is listed. If it shows at 10.99 at their site you should be fine.

So has anyone who preordered any SMB Amiibo from Target has theirs shipped yet? My Toad is still sitting at Order Created status.

Nothing happened besides a few gold Mario pop ups online, Nintendo store in NYC tweeted pics of a few rares and mega man and sonic have been downgraded to common.

Everyone is anxiously awaiting the 20the and news that wave 4 is coming. The best news is that wave 4 is in TRU system. No dates though.
Thank you kindly good sir.

People are likely going to start coming up with workarounds for that Gold Mario register lock. Convincing an employee to scan a 2nd Luigi instead, swapping out a mario for another amiibo they already paid for, etc.

People are likely going to start coming up with workarounds for that Gold Mario register lock. Convincing an employee to scan a 2nd Luigi instead, swapping out a mario for another amiibo they already paid for, etc.
Lol yep, several Walmarts have self checkout lanes too, so itll be pretty simple to just do it themselves.

Anyone know if you can get Walmart to hold a street dated item for you? I had that issue with some Transformers at a Kmart last year and they offered to hold them. I'm a bit afraid to try the "scan a different amiibo" thing if I see them in store.

Also, has anyone tried calling their Walmart to see if they're doing a midnight launch? I have a small town one so I'm not sure if they will even know what I'm talking about.

checked 3 walmart stores. 1st store have 7 figures and can purchase at 12:01 am, 2nd store have 16 figures, and all 16 figures will be on the back room till 9 am on friday till someone show up, 3rd store have 10 figures won't sell till 8 am on friday. seem like i have no choice to pick 1st store and be there at 10 pm kinda suck have go to work at 6:30 am. very disappointed for 24 hour walmart can't get anyone work in electronic put amiibo out before midnight or at 6 am.

We have local police at all of the Walmarts in my city, but I guarantee they aren't going to give a rats ass as long as,the person paid for the merchandise. If Walmart saw the amiibo swap on camera at the self checkout and asked the PD to do something about it the cop would basically just tell the neckbeard to put it back. They aren't going to pursue a criminal offense against a guy who scans and pays for one amiibo but takes a different amiibo of the same price.

People know this, so there will be alot of people willing to take that risk since there are essentially no consequences.

I'm not sure what it is with Ike and Amazon UK. The same thing happened to me where I ordered Ike and he was three weeks past the estimated arrival date, but when I ordered Mega Man he took less than a week.
I got my Ike in about 2.5 weeks and he looks great, no complaints about them. Hard to explain the differences I guess.

We have local police at all of the Walmarts in my city, but I guarantee they aren't going to give a rats ass as long as,the person paid for the merchandise. If Walmart saw the amiibo swap on camera at the self checkout and asked the PD to do something about it the cop would basically just tell the neckbeard to put it back. They aren't going to pursue a criminal offense against a guy who scans and pays for one amiibo but takes a different amiibo of the same price.

People know this, so there will be alot of people willing to take that risk since there are essentially no consequences.
I dunno, theres always the massive loss of dignity for having to resort to something like that for a plastic figurine.

I'm gonna check my store out tomorrow to see their stock, but I wouldnt go as shady as swapping figures to get one early. My parents taught me better than that shit.

I dunno, theres always the massive loss of dignity for having to resort to something like that for a plastic figurine.

I'm gonna check my store out tomorrow to see their stock, but I wouldnt go as shady as swapping figures to get one early. My parents taught me better than that shit.
For most of us on CAG this is probably the case, but this is Walmart we are talking about, lol. Honey boo boo's cousin probably already has three of them.

Or you can always convince the associate to ring it up as a misc item.

http://imgur.com/Cb93wov

Honestly, why is stuff out if it's not supposed to be sold? I mean, if they put out PS4s or whatever behind glass that's one thing, but a very small item out in the open seems really dumb. Not just blaming walmart since Best Buy put out mega knight early as well.

Amiibos are just a drop in the bucket. Nintendo is worth billions. They are currently working on new hardware (Project NX) to replace the Wii U in a couple of years and they are entering the mobile games arena this year as well. They are definitely an ass backwards company but they are not going anywhere, without or without Amiibos.

I'm still trying to figure out why people go crazy for glorified expensive dlc figures.

Maybe if I put a QR Code on my ass I can be popular too

Or you can always convince the associate to ring it up as a misc item.

http://imgur.com/Cb93wov

Honestly, why is stuff out if it's not supposed to be sold? I mean, if they put out PS4s or whatever behind glass that's one thing, but a very small item out in the open seems really dumb. Not just blaming walmart since Best Buy put out mega knight early as well.
It probably just comes down to how well informed the electronics manager is of the situation at hand. We've already heard that some Walmarts are holding the gold Marios in the back and are aware that there will be a line for them at the store at 12:01. Other stores just put them out there to be done with them, probably not knowing or caring about the conditions surrounding these things. In the grand scheme of things, I suppose the 4-16 gold Marios a Walmart received are probably not a big deal to most department managers, and many of them don't feel like being bothered with setting up special arrangements for these things.

That being said, I do think it's bad for customer service when stores display items early but then turn around and refuse to sell it to the customer. Circuit City was notorious for that - they used to always throw all of their games up on the shelves but then register locked them and refused to sell them. It just pissed off a lot of people who assumed they could purchase what they saw on the shelf and were denied sale of a 60 dollar item. From the customer perspective, you are trying to give a business your money and they are refusing you despite having the item in hand and on display - that's a slap in the face to the average consumer and isn't going to help your business.

Why would walmart do this? I mean seriously the amount of work and aggravation it's going to cost them to answer and deny all the people wanting to buy one when all they had to do was leave them in the back until release. This will lead to the scalpers knowing exactly what they have and getting enough of their pals together to come with them to buy them all on release. Not really even their fault though that collectors can't get them because Nintendo needs to produce enough of this stuff to go around. Should have just made them club nintendo rewards if they are not going to offer but 4-9 per store average & limit them to walmart only. That's a slap in the face to it's biggest fans who just want a cool looking gold mario amiibo to place on the shelf. Ebay will be flooded with these for the next couple of months and then they will be pretty much non existent unless of course the Big N decides to make as many of these as they have pikachu's. Even at that, there won't be enough around since so many have seen them bring crazy amounts of $$$ on ebay. Everyone will have the Gotta Catch em all mentality.

I think looking at WalMart's poor planning and lack of knowledge makes it seem okay to "buy" them early. If it's possible to do it is going to happen. Unfortunately here is what will ultimately occur:

A) Uninformed WalMart employee #1 puts them out.

B) Savvy CAG's, etc. swap them at self-checkout.

C) Eager Amiibo fans (along with scalpers) talk to informed employee #2 who doesn't know of the error, and they are told about he midnight/morning release.

D) Eager Amiibo fans/scalpers line up HOURS in advance to get a Gold Mario.

E) Employee #2 looks around for Gold Amiibo and can't find them...has to tell a now angry crowd that they can't find their shipment.

F) Possibly someone at WalMart (other then uninformed employee #1) gets in trouble and most likely the Amiibos are reported as a loss (stock is really messed up).

If this was just WalMart we were talking about, okay. No harm/no foul. However, this could ruin some other collector's day.

Let's be honest here, when we all heard about the Walmart exclusive we absolutely knew, whether we wanted to believe it or not, that they were going to completely screw it up.

Right now it seems that Target is the only one that handled their exclusives well, although this may not have been the case everywhere.

Why would walmart do this?
Because Walmart.

Seriously, do you realize how small video games are to them as a retailer? Most employees that work in their electronics section probably doesn't even know the difference between Skylanders, Amiibo, and Disney Infinity figures. They just put figs on whatever peg that corporate's messages tell them too.

Walmart is well known to break street date. But because they're such a giant, publishers won't dare threaten not to ship to Wally World.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's be honest here, when we all heard about the Walmart exclusive we absolutely knew, whether we wanted to believe it or not, that they were going to completely screw it up.

Right now it seems that Target is the only one that handled their exclusives well, although this may not have been the case everywhere.
Lol Target did this exact same thing. People are acting like every single walmart is putting them out and actually selling them early. Before Rosalina was released there were the same types of pictures of people finding her already stocked on shelves or just sitting on the electronics counter.

I dont understand how so many find this so hard to believe, its Walmart. Then again, not many of the other store exclusives went all that well either (with all the stories of employees buying the little stock, lost or sold preorders, etc). To me, it seems like a good thing cause if your Walmart actually did put them out theres a chance you can try to get it now without having to wait in line or whatever else...worse case scenario if you find it and they wont sell it, hide it and come back Friday.

GameStop and target handled them well, but I would expect GameStop to know what they are doing. I give target a lot of credit for doing as well as they did.

I worked at a brand new Wal-Mart for 3 months before it opened and about 4 months after grand opening.  Plenty of opportunity there to hire and train competent employees; to be great from the ground up.  During those measly four months I saw electronics street dates broken 3 times that I can think of right at this moment.  It was probably a LOT more than that.  They had Rapunzel on the shelf a week before she was to be released.  They had every copy of Skylanders: Swap Force on the shelf 3 days before release.  Saints Row IV was in the games case a week before release.  I could go on.  I pointed out these things every time I saw them and I DIDN'T EVEN WORK IN ELECTRONICS.  None of the managers I spoke with were aware that it was on the shelf or even when it was SUPPOSED to be on the shelf.  Same with employees.

Honestly?  None of the employees give a shit.  Management is incompetent and it trickles down.  Why bother doing your job when those well above you have no idea what that job is even supposed to be?  It's an awful store with awful practices and little to no standards as to what each store should be or look like.

It does not shock me in the least that so many Gold Marios have been found pre-release.  Maybe one day they'll bother spending a fraction of their insane profits on proper training.  Until then it will continue being the store with the worst customer service I have ever experienced or been a part of.  Ugh.

My local small-town Wal-Mart has two empty pegs for the Gold Mario but I can't tell if they were sold out/hidden already or if they're just preparing ahead for the 20th.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that they are just getting ready.

My local small-town Wal-Mart has two empty pegs for the Gold Mario but I can't tell if they were sold out/hidden already or if they're just preparing ahead for the 20th. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they are just getting ready.
They can't sell them early. Even if they wanted to. It's a huge fine if they break street date.

They can't sell them early. Even if they wanted to. It's a huge fine if they break street date.
Oh I realize that, the system won't even let them. However, I have heard stories about people buying the gold with a regular amiibo and just using the self scanner to scan the regular one twice. Unethical, yes, but people don't seem to care about ethics when Gold Mario is involved.

Oh I realize that, the system won't even let them. However, I have heard stories about people buying the gold with a regular amiibo and just using the self scanner to scan the regular one twice. Unethical, yes, but people don't seem to care about ethics when Gold Mario is involved.
That is really screwed up! *grabs car keys* Who the hell is that unethical. *grabs wallet* The nerve of some people! *runs out the door*

When I went to Best Buy a few days before the release of Wave 2, I was really surprised to see Little Mac on the shelf... I went to the register, and the computer denied the sale, but the employee just told me to get another one that will work to swap it out with- since they're the same price. Honestly, it's just who you talk to. Most people don't give a damn about a figurine unless they're a junior detective. I'll be going to my local Walmart and seeing if the gold mario's are already out.

Based on a lot of people here going to WalMart and trying to get gold Mario early unethically this exclusive is going to be a giant clusterfuck. The same people trying to be it early will be the same people whining when someone bets it to WalMart early and finds a way to buy it early when release day comes and none are left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back