Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure that most people already know, but if you missed Gold Mario (like I did), you could always look it up on brickseek to see if any stores near you might have him still. Unfortunately for me, the only store that has one is 40 miles away.

If anyone is interested, the item code for Gold Mario is 43814229. The Walmart Inventory Checker is here:  http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker

For those wondering, Gamestop gives $25.00/$27.50 PUR for Mario Party 10 or $20/$22 for cash. If you buy the Mario Party 10 bundle at Best Buy with GCU for about $52 after tax and traded in the game but kept the Mario amiibo you'd be out about $24 if you went the credit route.

Best Buy hasn't put Mario Party in their trade-in system yet but you can back here to see when they do. I imagine once they do get it on their site it will beat Gamestop's price but I'd expecting maybe around $30-$37 after bonuses and GCU. We'll see I guess. I'm actually keeping mine as I really like Mario Party but I know others just want the amiibo.
I put mine on EBay and it's already at 40 plus 3 ship. I would sell it on ebay if I were you

What state are you from? I'm curious what I did that has made Amazon deliver everything flawlessly after a bunch of damaged CEs in the past.

Or is it like regional such as with Best Buy. Every item in NY has been coming to me in bubble mailers. Including an entire fucking MM LE, like wtf. Same with a few friends, and they all get shipped from DCs in NY.
I'm in Western NY

Remember when I said I ordered a toaster oven along with the gold Mario amiibo? Well I didn't like the size of it so back it goes to Walmart (store)! After I finish returning the toaster oven I went to the electronic department and no signs of the SM amiibos or even the MP10 bundle.

Anyway, my order from BB came in!
wBj202H.jpg

8VrtikX.jpg

One side of the MP10 bundle got slightly bent/crush and the top part of the Luigi amiibo cardboard got bent. Doesn't matter since it's going to get open!

Anyone actually play MP 10?  I'm wondering if I should try it out or sell it and re-buy at a lower price down the line.  I've never really played another MP game for very long but I'm willing to put some time into this one if it's good.  I see half good half bad reviews.  Who knows what is legit when it comes to reviews since I saw one person gave it a 1 star on amazon because it used wii remotes :dunce:

EDIT: I got the Mario amiibo bundle that's why I'm asking.  Just wanted it for the amiibo but the game LOOKS fun.

I'm about to get out of work. The game arrived, I don't have the highest hopes but I'll make sure to tie a buzz on first.

I am sure that most people already know, but if you missed Gold Mario (like I did), you could always look it up on brickseek to see if any stores near you might have him still. Unfortunately for me, the only store that has one is 40 miles away.

If anyone is interested, the item code for Gold Mario is 43814229. The Walmart Inventory Checker is here: http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker
I would put zero faith in that. Why? Think of how many gold Marios broke street date. Store's inventory on that fig are going to be a mess. I'm sure lots will show stock yet have none because they were sold early and someone likely scanned a different fig at self check-out.

Anybody know anything about the Silver Mario? He's not listed on Nintendos website and I'm starting to wonder if he will be the Club Nintendo reward for platinum. Although it would of made more sense to give the gold Mario away.

Anyone actually play MP 10? I'm wondering if I should try it out or sell it and re-buy at a lower price down the line. I've never really played another MP game for very long but I'm willing to put some time into this one if it's good. I see half good half bad reviews. Who knows what is legit when it comes to reviews since I saw one person gave it a 1 star on amazon because it used wii remotes :dunce:

EDIT: I got the Mario amiibo bundle that's why I'm asking. Just wanted it for the amiibo but the game LOOKS fun.
I would just sell it and be done with it, the reviews are pretty much unanimously terrible.

Anybody know anything about the Silver Mario? He's not listed on Nintendos website and I'm starting to wonder if he will be the Club Nintendo reward for platinum. Although it would of made more sense to give the gold Mario away.
he already came out and we missed it because we were too hyped for the gold Mario

I guess I'm just not smart enough to understand the way shipping companies do shit. My miibos shipped from IN, must have passed within 20 miles of my house and ended up over 150 miles past my house (IL) in new berlin WI.

Got home tried a board of Mario Party. My first complaint is you need a fucking wiimote to play. Which makes absolutely no sense to me. (I have one but for people who don't I consider it a valid complaint)

I knew the tablet was used for bowser party but I assumed I could use it for just a regular game.

The few minigames I played were hit or miss. Some had the "tilt the wiimote around like an asshat to move instead of using the control pad" bs.

I'll definitely keep playing but I can see myself selling it in a week or two.

Anyone actually play MP 10? I'm wondering if I should try it out or sell it and re-buy at a lower price down the line. I've never really played another MP game for very long but I'm willing to put some time into this one if it's good. I see half good half bad reviews. Who knows what is legit when it comes to reviews since I saw one person gave it a 1 star on amazon because it used wii remotes :dunce:

EDIT: I got the Mario amiibo bundle that's why I'm asking. Just wanted it for the amiibo but the game LOOKS fun.
Do you have real life friends? If you do, invite them over, you will have a great time.

If you don't, this game is definitely not for you. There is a healthy amount and variety of minigames, but you WILL get bored of them eventually.

If you are a fan of classic Mario Party, amiibo Party is probably going to be your favorite. It plays just like classic Mario Party, with some twists added because of the customizable board.

Bowser Party is a great 5-player experience. A lot of fun if you have 5 people, not so much if you have 3 or less.

Mario Party is not much different from the main mode from Mario Party 9... which is my least favorite Mario Party game. Not bad, but definitely not the main mode to try if you weren't a fan of 9.

And as far as picking it up cheaper down the line... just like the 9 games before it, you are probably looking at 2+ years before that happens, special retailer sales not withstanding.

what nooooooooooooo, my fed ex shipment updated to 6x6x6 for my two mario order

it was 8x8x8 or whatever the highest one was the other day 0_o

future RIP but at least i am getting it

Gold Mario Story Time:

Last Night I had to close at work and on Thursdays that usually means I'm not out until 12:30am at the earliest.  But we were dead so I was able to leave at 11:50pm and make it to Wal-Mart at about 11:55pm.  I walk back to the electronics section figuring there'd be a snowballs chance in hell that I'd be able to get anything.  I get back there and there are only 5 people waiting?  Really?  I hop inline and ask the guy in front of me for a sit-rep and he says that have 11 (probably 12 at one point).  I'm blown away!  How is there that many Gold Mario's but only 6 people, including me, in line.  Midnight rolls around and the cashier starts selling two per customer and I start to panic then remember I was the sixth person so if everyone gets two there will be at least one left for me which there was.

tl;dr - Showed up at Wal-Mart 5 till midnight at scored a Gold Mario no problem.  This is Lewisville TX store on 3040.

i love how the people who show up 15 minutes before midnight get upset, like...what were you expecting?
I love how people that show up 15 minutes late got one, while others wasted 2+ hours of their lives standing in walmart..... I was one of the 15 min guys.

Very surprised how easy it was to get Toad! I went to Target at 7pm expecting to find nothing and they had a ton of Toads! 

As this was a "don't really need it" type of thing, I opted to wait until around 11:00AM to see if my local Wal-Mart had any Golden Mario figures left. I eventually learned from one of the workers at electronics that they sold out as soon as the store opened, with the store having people in line to get said figures.

Just to get things straight: no one was lined up my local Wal-Mart for the New 3DS XL when it came out last month (with my Wal-Mart still having some systems left when my mother checked the store at 10:00 on Day 1), yet people ended up lining up for the gold Mario Amiibo.

Am I the only one who find that odd?

As this was a "don't really need it" type of thing, I opted to wait until around 11:00AM to see if my local Wal-Mart had any Golden Mario figures left. I eventually learned from one of the workers at electronics that they sold out as soon as the store opened, with the store having people in line to get said figures.

Just to get things straight: no one was lined up my local Wal-Mart for the New 3DS XL when it came out last month (with my Wal-Mart still having some systems left when my mother checked the store at 10:00 on Day 1), yet people ended up lining up for the gold Mario Amiibo.

Am I the only one who find that odd?
Wal mart didnt get any Majora Mask 3ds XL so not really odd people don't line up for a regular system you could get anywhere

Got my Toad today and my wife loves him. Toad has overtaken Rosalina for her favorite Amiibo currently out (will probably switch again to Zero Suit when that comes out).

Was at Target tonight and swung by the game section. No Toads, 1 Luigi and 3 of Bowser, Yoshi and Peach of the SMB line. They also had 4 MP10 bundles. I want MP but I might just wait for a hopeful Nintendo deal at BB like last year's B1G1 50% off.

I had some time to kill this afternoon so I stopped by the Toys R US in Watchung NJ and they had plenty of the new Amiibos.  I counted at least 7 or 8 Toads if anyone is in the area and wants one.

I was at Petsmart earlier today and to my surprise they had plenty of toads for sale...

guess it wasn't so rare after all

so i went to BBY this evening and for some reason... my local store got like 15 mario 10 bundles. sheesh! to think they didn't allow me to preorder in store a while back. good thing i went here first. now to try and move my preorder out from gamestop.

Decided to buy the Super Mario amiibos after all lol. Bought them all from GameStop.com no problem, and my Gold Mario just shipped from Walmart. Only thing I can't get myself to do is drop $60 on Mario Party to get Mario :/

Just to share, I stopped at my local Walmart on my way home tonight. They had Luigi and Yoshi in the case but no gold marios, bowsers, toads, or peaches.

I was at the Tosche Station earlier today getting some power converters and to my surprise they had plenty of toads for sale...

guess it wasn't so rare after all

who is more valuable in 2 months, Rosalina or Gold Mario? It seems like there are a lot more gold mario out there, but he has the wider appeal too.
Gold Mario's I think. Less than 50,000 made at most best I can calculate. I read somewhere Rosalina was in production for only a month is why she is so rare & 2 month run figures were scarce. Gold Mario I'm not sure how long but he definitely would be harder to make since he is actually painted meaning he has to be run through some sort of paint booth (probably a dry air vacuum setup) so I expect by Christmas he might be bringing upwards of $150 but then again I might be way off. One just never know how we crazy unpredictable humans might behave, especially when it comes to flashy gold things.

Can anyone say with any amount of certainty if the mario in the mp10 bundle will be available stand along later on down the road? I really want one beside a gold mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back