Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
My dumb arse just accepted a best offer for my gold Amiibo of 50.00 and the shipping is free. The shipping location is SPAIN. no profit like a muh.

My dumb arse just accepted a best offer for my gold Amiibo of 50.00 and the shipping is free. The shipping location is SPAIN. no profit like a muh.
It sucks, but I hope you keep your integrity and do the right thing. I can't believe someone suggested otherwise to you, you already know with that kinda comment they can't even be trusted already. You'd become the example of the person people don't want to deal with.

It sucks, but I hope you keep your integrity and do the right thing. I can't believe someone suggested otherwise to you, you already know with that kinda comment they can't even be trusted already. You'd become the example of the person people don't want to deal with.
Do you live in Spain, by chance? :rofl:

Do you live in Spain, by chance? :rofl:
Just a person in Michigan that was recently burned by someone eBay. I pride myself to be a very thorough person in business dealings and trade.

I'm only missing one in my USA set, Non Gold Mario from the Super Mario Series, because I've been strictly digital for the last 2 years. Sitting at 35 out of 36.

Don't understand the need for so many carrying cases. Why don't they make a display shelf instead? Where am I possibly going to lug these things around?
I mostly agree. I like the black Hori case that holds three so I can take 1 or 2 over to a friends house, but anything over 4 seems excessive. Official display cases would be amazing!

Just a person in Michigan that was recently burned by someone eBay. I pride myself to be a very thorough person in business dealings and trade.

I'm only missing one in my USA set, Non Gold Mario from the Super Mario Series, because I've been strictly digital for the last 2 years. Sitting at 35 out of 36.
Just giving you shit.

I skipped out on the SMS series, except Toad. Kind of bitter that they're already recycling Amiibo instead of giving us new characters. Only missing a US Marth myself. But with the reprint and the fact I have a EU version on the way, I'm not too concerned.

And is the SMS Mario rare or something? Wondering why you don't have him yet.

They didn't release him as a stand alone yet, due out at a later date for some strange reason. Only can get him in the bundle. The neat thing about the bundle is that within the box he is fully boxed himself for retail.

I myself find it funny im missing an unreleased "released" common.

I look forward to the potential of the "Super Mario Series" with classic characters, but we won't see those unless they are a function that can be used in a game.

Just giving you shit.

I skipped out on the SMS series, except Toad. Kind of bitter that they're already recycling Amiibo instead of giving us new characters. Only missing a US Marth myself. But with the reprint and the fact I have a EU version on the way, I'm not too concerned.

And is the SMS Mario rare or something? Wondering why you don't have him yet.
He said he is "all digital" and Mario is only available as a pack-in with the MP10 disc.

Went to my local Toys R Us today as part of a shopping trip with my mother (she was checking Wal-Mart for the Thomas & Friends Minis, which are themselves looking to be collectable), with the store having one Toad Amiibo left. While I probably will not be picking up Mario Party 10, I still bought Toad so that way I can be "safe than sorry" in case any future Nintendo games (besides MP 10 and Captain Toad) utilize that Amiibo.

Just lef the walmart here in Pearland. They put all the gold Mario out earlier already. Registers wont let them sell till midnight, but some person grabbed all 8 and is just sitting in the layaway department waiting till 12:01 to check out. smh....
where is the gif of gollum sitting at customer service surrounded by 8 gold marios. Make it happen dude...
sMkdqNi.jpg
You are the best... Ever. Lmao!

you could try shipping it First Class which is $11.48 for an 8 oz package and purchase third party insurance like ship saver for a dollar. Priority is of course better but fwiw I haven't had issues shipping to Spain via First Class.

^ You *almost* got me.

Logic was defied, I was like, what does this person see....

OMG has anyone looked at the numbers Gold Mario sold for on eBay (completed auction) damn some of those numbers are scary, I could pay that much for a system but never for, 1 damn amiibo... Gees Nintendo

OMG has anyone looked at the numbers Gold Mario sold for on eBay (completed auction) damn some of those numbers are scary, I could pay that much for a system but never for, 1 damn amiibo... Gees Nintendo
They're not that crazy... just like $10-15 over the other store exclusives. And less than some of the other rares like Little Mac, MTV, etc.

Don't understand the need for so many carrying cases. Why don't they make a display shelf instead? Where am I possibly going to lug these things around?
Because these were meant for kids to take to their friends house, not for 30+ year old men to collect lol.

just received my gold mario from walmart. was a little scared as it said delivered, and i couldn't find it. they had placed it in my mailbox. the boxes dimensions were just the right size. phew, i was planning on using this guy to get a meta knight.

Because these were meant for kids to take to their friends house, not for 30+ year old men to collect lol.
There isn't really a children's game out that they coincide with, though. Disney Infinity and Skylanders lean a little more in that direction, but I doubt Amiibo was intended mostly for children. Hell, most of the characters they're based on are over 20 years old.

There isn't really a children's game out that they coincide with, though. Disney Infinity and Skylanders lean a little more in that direction, but I doubt Amiibo was intended mostly for children. Hell, most of the characters they're based on are over 20 years old.
I would argue against this for the simple fact that the only TV advertising I've seen for amiibo has been on Cartoon Network mornings.

Amiibo is targeted at kids, but the reality of the demographic is 30+ year old males.

I've got a seven year old that loves using Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede on the Rainbow Curse game. He's used the others in Smash Bros and Mario Party 10 (which he is starting to agree with the bad reviews and he loves the series).

There are some kids out there that love these. I read that if Marth or Ike die in Codename STEAM, that they have to be scanned in again before you can use them. That's silly for a handheld.

I would argue against this for the simple fact that the only TV advertising I've seen for amiibo has been on Cartoon Network mornings.

Amiibo is targeted at kids, but the reality of the demographic is 30+ year old males.
He's speaking out of his ass. I work with children and any child that plays Nintendo games are interested in Amiibos. The kicker is though these shortages have killed that market. Children hate going into toy stores only for their desired toy to be sold out. It really doesn't help either when the employees say "I don't know if we'll have more, come back tomorrow." Parents think "Oh crap let me get the hell out of here" and children think "You don't have it? No problem I'll buy a Skylander or Disney Infinity figurine."

Nintendo should have had a DEDICATED game come out for this. If anything this shows how half assed Nintendo treated this whole scenario.

He's speaking out of his ass. I work with children and any child that plays Nintendo games are interested in Amiibos. The kicker is though these shortages have killed that market. Children hate going into toy stores only for their desired toy to be sold out. It really doesn't help either when the employees say "I don't know if we'll have more, come back tomorrow." Parents think "Oh crap let me get the hell out of here" and children think "You don't have it? No problem I'll buy a Skylander or Disney Infinity figurine."

Nintendo should have had a DEDICATED game come out for this. If anything this shows how half assed Nintendo treated this whole scenario.
Nintendo fans don't understand logic, you're wasting your time

I disagree. I don't want these things to be Skylanders or Disney Infinity. I think a lot of us enjoy these as collector's items of some of our favorite characters from the last 25 years. The main attraction is that amiibos feel classier than the other sets and that they carry the swank of A-list brand name characters.

Wife made this pink photo collage to go with her new pink controller and princess Amiibo. We played Mario party 10 last night with friends and family and had a blast with Amiibo mode. Was disappointed that Mario wasn't gold in the game.....until his special coin was used then he transformed into gold Mario. Was pretty damn cool.[attachment=13180:image.jpg]

These are toys for kids. You need to realize this rather then attempt to make excuses otherwise.

I have a 7 year old son. We have all of the systems and his favorite games are fighting and Minecraft. We have Skylanders, Infinity 1 and 2, Smash for 3ds and Wii u. Since the figures do not unlock much he does not have much interest. When I tell him he can open up something because he earned an A in school or did well in Tae Kwon Do he normally picks a Skylander or Infinity figure. He is more excited about Loki and Falcon than the new amiibos that i bought last week. I'm sure it depends on the child, age, gender, etc b/ in my house amiibos are in third place. My son is more excited about MKX than anything. He is obsessed and I cannot wait for the game to come out so he will stop asking me how many days left.

I disagree. I don't want these things to be Skylanders or Disney Infinity. I think a lot of us enjoy these as collector's items of some of our favorite characters from the last 25 years. The main attraction is that amiibos feel classier than the other sets and that they carry the swank of A-list brand name characters.
You do realize that Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Spider Man and crew pre date Nintendo. To say one is a list and the other is odd. It's a matter of preference. We own many of all three lines and quality is similar. Since Disney Infinity and Skylanders are in abundance there quality may be more proven. My point is since kids appear to be playing with them more than adults collecting them we know they can take a beating. There are probably more kids ramming Spidey and Goblin together simulating a fight than kids or adults ramming Mario and Bowser together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back