Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I really want the regular mario amiibo in the mario party 10 bundle. I'm a single player gamer so could someone who has actually played the game single player tell me if it's fun and if you can use the amiibo's to play against and level them up like in smash bros or something? All I can find online is people giving single player 2 out of 10 and saying don't buy it for SP but why is it so bad?

I appreciate all the feedback, but what if the buyer just sent me a message saying send it quickly. How would you react then? I was disturbed that he sent that after I agreed to take a loss for his gold Amiibo

He's speaking out of his ass. I work with children and any child that plays Nintendo games are interested in Amiibos. The kicker is though these shortages have killed that market. Children hate going into toy stores only for their desired toy to be sold out. It really doesn't help either when the employees say "I don't know if we'll have more, come back tomorrow." Parents think "Oh crap let me get the hell out of here" and children think "You don't have it? No problem I'll buy a Skylander or Disney Infinity figurine."

Nintendo should have had a DEDICATED game come out for this. If anything this shows how half assed Nintendo treated this whole scenario.
LOL at desired toys. Oh no, that 8 year old can't get Marth or Wii Fit trainer. lmao.

All the commons are the Standard nintendo characters. I doubt few kids really need or know the other ones.

Wife made this pink photo collage to go with her new pink controller and princess Amiibo. We played Mario party 10 last night with friends and family and had a blast with Amiibo mode. Was disappointed that Mario wasn't gold in the game.....until his special coin was used then he transformed into gold Mario. Was pretty damn cool.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Nice, but that Gamestop sticker though........

I appreciate all the feedback, but what if the buyer just sent me a message saying send it quickly. How would you react then? I was disturbed that he sent that after I agreed to take a loss for his gold Amiibo
Don't know the full story but why wouldn't he want it sent quickly?

Yeah it may come off as pushy or whatever but not a real problem is it?

Ok, I really want the regular mario amiibo in the mario party 10 bundle. I'm a single player gamer so could someone who has actually played the game single player tell me if it's fun and if you can use the amiibo's to play against and level them up like in smash bros or something? All I can find online is people giving single player 2 out of 10 and saying don't buy it for SP but why is it so bad?
It's gonna boil down to preference. I wasn't gonna purchase this game until the wife said get it or DIE!! lol. So I surprised her and bought it (with other goodies). We had blast and have played Mario party all the way to part 8 and was uninterested for a few years. The new MP 10 takes some patience and getting used to but honestly out of six people playing several games consisting of ten rounds last night, we all loved it. Ages from 10 on up to 37. So again it's gonna be up to you. As for single player it's fun as well. But honestly MP wasn't about just a awesome single player experience but rather a way to bring friends and family together for some fun. Take the plunge ignore the reviews (good and bad) and form your own opinion. Cause at the end of the day, that's all that really matters. Enjoy!

Don't know the full story but why wouldn't he want it sent quickly?
Yeah it may come off as pushy or whatever but not a real problem is it?
Probably not. Just me being in my feelings for taking that loss on the Amiibo that I didn't initially want to sell but the proposition of hitting the jackpot was just too tempting. Now I look dumb and I hate it

Lol they were the only ones that had the pink princess controller in stock in my area.You do what you gotta do.
Yeah and what you gotta do is remove the sticker lol...its not that hard. Grab a hair dryer and maybe some goo gone if theres residue left, problem solved

Yeah and what you gotta do is remove the sticker lol...its not that hard. Grab a hair dryer and maybe some goo gone if theres residue left, problem solved
I hear ya but the box went straight to the trash so all is good. GameStop isn't the evil empire of the world. That's wal-mart :)

I would argue against this for the simple fact that the only TV advertising I've seen for amiibo has been on Cartoon Network mornings.

Amiibo is targeted at kids, but the reality of the demographic is 30+ year old males.
It's pretty smart advertising since the typical age of the people interested in these likely have children now...and I would much sooner impulse buy my son a Mario toy than a Skylanders toy.

I think the SMB line will have more kid buyers, though.

Toys r us still shows toad as available for purchase if anyone desperate to get one
I don't seem to be able to paste link though, so that means it never happened

I preordered toad from GameStop and I'm pretty sure I chose ship to store. Still no phone call or confirmation or anything. Kinda just want to cancel the preorder at this point but won't let me do it online.

Lol they were the only ones that had the pink princess controller in stock in my area.You do what you gotta do.
I have no problem with Gamestop, they've never wronged me. I was just saying the sticker in general is taking away from the look of the box. Afraid to peel it off? I know sometimes i'am, they say a hot blow dryer helps. I know you already care because you've gone as far as keeping the box.

I preordered toad from GameStop and I'm pretty sure I chose ship to store. Still no phone call or confirmation or anything. Kinda just want to cancel the preorder at this point but won't let me do it online.
Call them, most likely they have it already.

So, I was out on Friday, looking for SMB line (two GM's hopefully not getting badly crushed by the USPS in Chicago) and I found a Rosalina at Target, well kind of...

2lwb3ao.jpg

This was the only overhead Amiibo display they had in the store, but they were quite happy to get rid of it.

I have no problem with Gamestop, they've never wronged me. I was just saying the sticker in general is taking away from the look of the box. Afraid to peel it off? I know sometimes i'am, they say a hot blow dryer helps. I know you already care because you've gone as far as keeping the box.
??? Did you even read the post with with picture I put up? I don't care about a sticker nor does my wife. She took those photos and made that collage to post on her Facebook. I thought it was humorous and decided to share. So no I don't care about a sticker on a common $40 controller box. Nor does my wife. We do actually open and use what we buy, yes even our Amiibos, Skylanders, and Disney infinity characters. However, I do have a full set of unopened Amiibos that is part of my personal collection in the man cave. Maybe that clears it up for you. Lol

??? Did you even read the post with with picture I put up? I don't care about a sticker nor does my wife. She took those photos and made that collage to post on her Facebook. I thought it was humorous and decided to share. So no I don't care about a sticker on a common $40 controller box. Nor does my wife. We do actually open and use what we buy, yes even our Amiibos, Skylanders, and Disney infinity characters. However, I do have a full set of unopened Amiibos that is part of my personal collection in the man cave. Maybe that clears it up for you. Lol
I did read it, then went back to re-read it again, you did not convey that in your posting. At that point i conveyed it was nice, but i myself found the sticker bothersome, in which you replied thinking it was me disliking gamestop, then we are back to here at a point in which you are pointing out something it seemed i should've have know already.

I said the pic was nice and enjoyed it myself, would have been better without sticker, which was an opinion i know you don't care about but for some reason i don't know why i typed. At this point i regret commenting on the sticker now.

Its a nice pic, i'm not trying to come off hostile. I just run off of logic and reply logically sometimes. I'm very much without emotion.

I did read it, then went back to re-read it again, you did not convey that in your posting. At that point i conveyed it was nice, but i myself found the sticker bothersome, in which you replied thinking it was me disliking gamestop, then we are back to here at a point in which you are pointing out something it seemed i should've have know already.
I said the pic was nice and enjoyed it myself, would have been better without sticker, which was an opinion i know you don't care about but for some reason i don't know why i typed. At this point i regret commenting on the sticker now.
Lol don't regreat anything. There's nothing wrong with having conversations. It is tricky sometimes to take words as someone coming off as smug or an arsehole. I was just thinking to myself "damn did I word something wrong" lol. It's all good. I enjoy a conversation and especially if it's about Amiibos!! On a side note check out this beautiful Walmart Amiibo display I took a photo of yesterday. (Being sarcastic) 😁[attachment=13181:image.jpg]

toys r us came through, they had 5 toads, also the first time I've ever seen a mega man in a store, annoying that they charge a dollar more than anyone else

Did you just ask for that amiibo display and they gave it to you or was it in the trash?
I asked; they had to get a crane to take it down and everything. I filled out a customer survey after buying some clearance games and gave mad props to the guy who got it for me.

Probably not. Just me being in my feelings for taking that loss on the Amiibo that I didn't initially want to sell but the proposition of hitting the jackpot was just too tempting. Now I look dumb and I hate it
It's okay bro. Chalk it up as a learning experience. I respect the honorability

Just ensure you follow the right steps to avoid being scammed.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/vgm/4943357524.html

what a nice guy! good to see some people sending out those good vibes :D/
One thing funny about this is that the listing says to avoid paying more than retail price, and then directs people to toys r us, who charges a dollar more than MSRP. Toys r us..... the original scalper!

Not that I mind too much. I finally found a toad at my local toys r us and was thrilled to get it, even if it did cost that extra dollar. Not only is toad my sons favorite character, but the "find the pixelated toad" game in treasure tracker is really fun. Best use of an amiibo yet, in my opinion. I really hope Nintendo plans on keeping up production for toad, because it basically gives you a reason to replay every level in treasure tracker again, and would suck if you had treasure tracker and had to miss out because you can't find a toad anywhere.

So far I have not yet decided whether it was harder finding the toad amiibo, or finding the pixelated toad in game. Some of the pixelated toad levels are HARD!

Why aren't you guys/gals price matching the dollar difference? Do it!  ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back