Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone think there will be an earybird line?
People started waiting in line at 5:00pm for the Gold Mario Release at 12:01am over here.

Your Region May Vary.

Each Gamestop store is a different size, each Gamestop is going to handle waiters differently then others. I bet stores will make waiters wait outside in a line and not in the store. Most likely start with a separate register so not to disrupt "normal" traffic flow.

I'm not sure I like the "pose" of yarn Yoshi or the fact I can't see his nostrils. But Yoshi's Woolly World looks totally solid. I'll probably still pick up the Light Blue amiibo though.  :oops:

Okay CAGs care to lend a little advice about credit transfer?

If I had my way, I'd buy most of wave 4 from BestBuy.

Right now, I've got $45 cashback rewards in Discover Rewards just lying around.

There's no BestBuy option on Discover mall, but I can use my $45 CB rewards to buy a $50 GameStop gift card. 

Then I could use that to get $50 of Amazon credit in a GameStop store.

And finally, purchase a $50 BestBuy gift card using the Amazon credit.

My biggest concern is: would tax be charged on any of these transactions?

Even so, probably not worth the extra $5 to go through all that haha.

Any thoughts on how the $45 of Discover cashback rewards could best be used?

I'm going to see if i can get pre-order place holders in tomorrow early as well! I forgot about that, I bet by open though they'll get a long memo with meticulous instructions on what and what not to do.

I guess its on how good you are in with the MGR.

I am getting more, and more tempted to start opening some of these amiibo. I'm going to have to double up on a bunch of them to open.

Mentioned it earlier but if anyone is super impatient and wants any Wave 4 characters in their hands before anyone else (expedited shipping will get them to you in less than two weeks):

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32301584262.html

These are likely being sold by factory workers and may be dingers or test runs. The listing is pretty light on details. I've ordered from Aliexpress before and it's legit (the seller won't get your money until you confirm that you got what you ordered). Tons of bootleg/counterfeit stuff on the site, but judging by the sitewide amiibo prices I don't think these are bootlegs.

Okay I feel like a noob but are placeholder son amazon basically a page I can stalk and refresh until I get a chance to buy it? 

If so, can links be provided? They aren't showing up otherwise (except for Robin at amazon uk)

If so, can links be provided? They aren't showing up otherwise (except for Robin at amazon uk)
Somebody say they need a Link provided?

[attachment=13428:Omg+le+creepy+zelda+face+trolololo+xdddd+_88c5ae00c0f8f815b0dd9130bbf84bc7.png]

Links are clearly showing up for me. [attachment=13429:53481927b35cf.png]

[attachment=13430:4102332.jpg]

I was stuck at work during the Nintendo Direct and just got home now. What did we learn today regarding Amiibo preorders? All we know for sure is that Wave 4 will be available for preorder at 3pm EST at Gamestop (and their site will make Club Nintendo's site look speedy by comparison)?

Can we preorder in store also just like preordering games or do we have to do it through the website in store?

every thread needs more Marshawn lynch.
I'm just here stalking the Amiibo thread so I don't get fined.

Where was it confirmed that all of wave4 will be available for pre-order tomorrow? 

I have only seen confirmation of Ness being available for pre-order at Gamestop at 2pm CST.  Am I missing something, or are people just jumping to conclusions again?

Just got done watching the Nintendo Direct and you know what? fuck it. The Yoshi Amiibo look cool but fat chance actually getting them. Ness a GameStop exclusive? Yeah, sure, why the hell not.  More retailer exclusive Amiibo? Great, just fffffantastic. Pac Man will probably be a Subway exclusive. I can sit here all day and say "oh, I'll only get these specific ones", but they can just turn around and pull this crap.

That Animal Crossing thing? Talk about a test of willpower. I loves me some AC but I just don't think I can go down that road.

You know something? I think Nintendo might just be the most evil company there is.

Where was it confirmed that all of wave4 will be available for pre-order tomorrow?

I have only seen confirmation of Ness being available for pre-order at Gamestop at 2pm CST. Am I missing something, or are people just jumping to conclusions again?
Well Amazon just added Wave 4 placeholders. I wouldn't be surprised if they're going live tomorrow.

I'm only finishing the SSB series amiibo. I'm staying away from all the others. (Those Yarn Yoshi look good though...)

Hope my wife can get to Gamestop at 2:00. I'll be trying online.

I have only seen confirmation of Ness being available for pre-order at Gamestop at 2pm CST. Am I missing something, or are people just jumping to conclusions again?
I'm definitely jumping to conclusions. I'm just Googling now playing catchup.

No one should be surprised by more store exclusives when every one to date has sold out completely. At last check, companies like money. Yes it blows for us collectors but that's business.

Speaking of the exclusives:
We're preparing for the original smash amiibos to be available for preorder like Ness is tomm...but what about the store exclusives (excluding Ness)? Should we assume they're available for pre-order at their stores too tomm? There's no word of anywhere but gamestop doing it.

Are they going to have their own pre-order dates???

We're preparing for the original smash amiibos to be available for preorder like Ness is tomm...but what about the store exclusives (excluding Ness)? Should we assume they're available for pre-order at their stores too tomm?
No idea. I kinda hope not, thats too much shit to go live in one day.

We're preparing for the original smash amiibos to be available for preorder like Ness is tomm...but what about the store exclusives (excluding Ness)? Should we assume they're available for pre-order at their stores too tomm?
Given that we don't even know what stores they are exclusive to, that might be tricky.

I honestly assumed one of them would be toys r us at least due to them getting lucario and the exclusives are pkmn. So i guess I just jumped to conclusions due to the connection.

Hopefully it won't be as sudden announcement as Ness was for the exclusives

I can see it now. Just as I'd be finishing up my Ness preorder in-store at GameStop, Jiggs and Greninja would sell out at BestBuy/Target/whatever. 

Please, for the love of Growlithe, let the other exclusives be available on a different day.

I'm too scared to go to sleep guys. :[

That Gamestop picture confirms it, it says "These characters will only be available to reserve on ......"

Then you can see 6 characters before it cuts off, it mentions Splatoon amiibo announced, but without see the full picture i cannot confirm a visual on that be lower on that monitor.

EDIT: another re-read, im pretty sure the consensus is that Splatoon singles and bundle is ready to go tomorrow as well.

eH6QmUO.jpg

Amazon has place holders up for Pac man, Charizard, Robin, Lucina and Wario.
brb refreshing Lucina's page every five minutes (or auto refreshing, whatever). Thanks for the heads up.

Also, I think I'm going to preorder a Ness tomorrow while I'm getting Lucina and Robin, too, just so I can sell it to someone who might want it and won't be able to check the site when he goes up. Now watch him be really easy to get. I still have a Rosalina and Shulk lying around that I haven't done anything with, too - I guess I'm just being jaded and worrying that I'll end up selling them to someone who's just going to turn around and sell them for profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back