Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke to a Best Buy rep. He told me that there will be an elite plus only event for the new waves in the next week or so. So those people who missed out and have Elite Plus will get an opportunity exclusive.  He did give me a "finger over his lips" and **hush hush wink gesture.

I don't know how this can get any worse. Amiibo are going to have to take up all the shelf space in the electronics section between SSB, SMB, Splatoon, Wooly World, and any future lines.

I don't know how this can get any worse. Amiibo are going to have to take up all the shelf space in the electronics section between SSB, SMB, Splatoon, Wooly World, and any future lines.
Only the Marios seem to survive on store shelves so that won't be a problem. It's the Disney Infinity toys taking up all the space.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nintendo needs to price these at $19.99 if they are not going to make enough to go around. Maybe some at $24.99. This will stop a lot of the hoarding and actually allow people who want to get the ones they really want possible. $12.99 retail is obviously far too low retail on these things which has been proven over and over by other online shops. If they are going to sell them at skylander and infinity prices then produce skylander and infinity numbers. Otherwise, raise the price. Simple marketing I figured out long ago selling things when I was in high school. Nintendo's problem I think overall is they play it too safe when it comes to worrying about getting stuck with unsold inventory. Their answer is to produce so few that they can't lose too much but it's coming back to bite them in the ass since they are losing untold number of sales by not producing enough of these during production. Once production is over it's apparently a major deal to do a rerun so produce 1 million of each of them and be done with it. Don't try to anticipate the sales numbers because that will just lead to underproduction.

Damn I missed out on all the BB ones. Did jigglypuff go up on target? I see the placeholder for it currently
It did.

here's the updates for today that I'm adding to the OP right now along with Nintendo Direct news that I added yesterday

[SIZE=medium]-Target exclusive Jigglypuff was available to pre-order for approximately 7 minutes this morning, 4/2.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]-Best Buy had all of Wave 4 (minus exclusives) up for pre-order this afternoon, 4/2. Robin and Lucina lasted 3-5 minutes while Wario, Charizard, and Pac-Man lasted a few minutes more.
-Jigglypuff will be exclusive to Target and Greninja is exclusive to Toys R Us. Reports are pre-orders will go live for Greninja on 4/3.
[/SIZE]

About 8 people at Gamestop in Glendora, Ca. Got her at 10 and nobody else was here. Went home to take a shit and came back like 15 minutes later and now 4th in line.

Gamestop at Garden Grove, CA already have about 9 people in line...
Atleast 8 deep at my GameStop now
Line is stopped at 15 now. I'm in Pearland for whomever asked. Sadly, they are not even guaranteed. Just whatever is availible.
About 8 people at Gamestop in Glendora, Ca. Got her at 10 and nobody else was here. Went home to take a shit and came back like 15 minutes later and now 4th in line.
fucking ridiculous...

Should have held it LOL..but yeah its insane, called two stores near me and they have 20+ people waiting outside, all for amiibos..freakin insane

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nintendo needs to price these at $19.99 if they are not going to make enough to go around. Maybe some at $24.99. This will stop a lot of the hoarding and actually allow people who want to get the ones they really want possible. $12.99 retail is obviously far too low retail on these things which has been proven over and over by other online shops. If they are going to sell them at skylander and infinity prices then produce skylander and infinity numbers. Otherwise, raise the price. Simple marketing I figured out long ago selling things when I was in high school. Nintendo's problem I think overall is they play it too safe when it comes to worrying about getting stuck with unsold inventory. Their answer is to produce so few that they can't lose too much but it's coming back to bite them in the ass since they are losing untold number of sales by not producing enough of these during production. Once production is over it's apparently a major deal to do a rerun so produce 1 million of each of them and be done with it. Don't try to anticipate the sales numbers because that will just lead to underproduction.
I agree with this actually. Demand is OBVIOUSLY higher than supply. Anyone hating on Nintendo is simply not understanding the basic economics. Not saying raise the price and keep it up, but they are within their right to raise prices to limit/control the demand.

Should have held it LOL..but yeah its insane, called two stores near me and they have 20+ people waiting outside, all for amiibos..freakin insane
The worst part is that at least one of the dudes in front of me I believe may be a reseller. I see him come into the store I work at down the street several times a week always looking to buy multiples.

I agree with this actually. Demand is OBVIOUSLY higher than supply. Anyone hating on Nintendo is simply not understanding the basic economics. Not saying raise the price and keep it up, but they are within their right to raise prices to limit/control the demand.
Meanwhile both Infinity AND Skylanders choke shelves.

Well I just got to my gamestop. There is no one outside but it it is raining. I see some people inside the store. GAH!!! I don't want to make awkward conversation with an employee for 20 minutes. I guess I'll just hang out in my car until I see someone else go inside.

I go grab coffee and the Best Buy preorders sell out...  This is ridiculous.  People have to stop their lives to get these things now.  WTMierda...

The worst part is that at least one of the dudes in front of me I believe may be a reseller. I see him come into the store I work at down the street several times a week always looking to buy multiples.
Of course, Id say there is a large percentage of people going just to resell it on Ebay for quadruple the price..as long as there is a market for people to pay 100 bucks for something that costs 12 bucks people will continue to do it

I'm a skinny guy with no facial hair and no fedora. I must look very different from most other amiibo collectors lol

Lots of lurkers due to spring break, so in addition to the normal unemployed there's a ton of kids out of school.

I wasn't planning to drive around LA looking for a place to go but this just re-confirms my feelings about it.
And what's worse is that these two stores I called are usually dead for the majority of the time. When I go there there is maybe 1 or 2 people tops in the store buying something, I Mean its DEAD now there are lines and lines of people outside according to employees waiting til 12 noon, absolutely RIDICULOUS and one store employee told me over the phone that its IN STORE ONLY for everything not sure if he's right or not

And what's worse is that these two stores I called are usually dead for the majority of the time. When I go there there is maybe 1 or 2 people tops in the store buying something, I Mean its DEAD now there are lines and lines of people outside according to employees waiting til 12 noon, absolutely RIDICULOUS and one store employee told me over the phone that its IN STORE ONLY for everything not sure if he's right or not
He's wrong. Preorders for Ness online are up later today.

So probably a stupid question, but since I'm late to the whole Amiibo fun collecting party will we ever see Captain Falcon again? Or am I just to late to the party for him.

I talked to my friend who is a manger at Gamestop and he said they are doing online pre-orders, but they didn't provide them with a time frame other than that it will be after the in-store pre-orders.

19.99 would be stupid on Nintendos part. A few of these are selling for more than that. Meanwhile Target is selling them 20% off and there are still plenty on the shelves.

I'm surprised the West Hollywood location can survive in such a big store in that location. Doesn't seem to be enough business in there to justify the rent.

He's wrong. Preorders for Ness online are up later today.
Yeah, until I see a tweet otherwise I would operate under the assumption that online preorders will be in 15 minutes.

I'm a skinny guy with no facial hair and no fedora. I must look very different from most other amiibo collectors lol
Lol. I felt the same way while waiting for gold mario. I'm 6 ft, 129 lbs right now with no beard. I felt very out of place. I need to put on some muscle or weight in a healthy way.

... I'm not growing a beard or neckbeard though. I'm not manly enough to pull that look off.

i was under the impression that preorders would go live online at 3pm EST as gamestop's tweet says. why are people saying its going to be later for online now?

Well I'm in store now. There are 5 people hanging around the store. There doesn't seem to be any particular line. Oddly enough there isn't a single associate out on the floor.

The struggle is real. I can finally step away from the computer and eat! Thanks again angel98!

eEJuhX6.png

Well I'm in store now. There are 5 people hanging around the store. There doesn't seem to be any particular line. Oddly enough there isn't a single associate out on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back