Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just try for Ness when they do bundles, second wave of wis, third wave of wis, or second wave of bundles.

Thank god for Amazon and their reliable servers. They hold up Black Fridays with ease and I don't ever remember them crashing.

Hope will never die!

My GS took my info down, I'm friends with the manager and he will process mine when the system is up. I always wear a fedora when I shop there if it helps.

It seems intentional at this point, does anyone here seriously believe that Nintendo isnt aware of the hype that amiibo causes here?

Rarity creates craze,im positive most people wouldnt give a damn about jugglypuff gad it not bern for her exclusive nature.

Also Nintendo is a company that would rather undership units than to over produce them.
True... but at what point do you start to see diminishing returns on creating a crazy vs. pissing off a loyal following who will already buy pretty much anything you tell them to anyway.

For all the people quiting the game if you got a villager you want to sell or "trade" please let me know if are getting rid of him

How much money would Nintendo make if they decide to take pre-orders of the next waves unlimited all day now and then order/build that exact number of Amiibos. It would beat PS4/GTAV numbers... lol
Nintendo is not that smart. They don't like money. And being a business, that makes them dumb.

Preorder now for the next wave for a set number of time to know a minimum number to make. Once that preorder time frame is done, make a certain set amount more (for in store) and then stop production for the time being. Fans are happy because they are able to get as many as they want without having to worry about being online during the 3 minute preorder window. Nintendo is happy because they just brought in a bunch of revenue. Who is not happy in this scenario?

My GS is now taking down our info in order of line so that if it takes too long people can leave and as soon as the system comes up they'll auto add us into the cart. It's crazy here haha.

How much money would Nintendo make if they decide to take pre-orders of the next waves unlimited all day now and then order/build that exact number of Amiibos. It would beat PS4/GTAV numbers... lol
Exactly. I would pay $15 a piece for them if I knew for sure I could get them with no hassle. I don't know why Nintendo enjoys watching fans struggle to get them.

The store I'm waiting at has hit the point where they have told customers not waiting on Amiibos that they are temporarily closed for sales.

I stood in Gamestop from 3:00 to 3:20 before giving up.  Two registers, four potential customers.  I couldn't wait any longer and had to get back to work. 

So if this is available around 6:00 that's right after I get off work and will be driving, I may just stay late and sit at my desk and F5 for 15 minutes. I need to have Ness!

Called my GameStop and said "Are you guys taking preorders for the Ness Amii-" and before I could finish he said "YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO COME INTO THE STORE TO FIND OUT!!!" and hung up on me. I called back but the line is busy.

Well Gamestop.com seems to be finally down for me.  If it's down for everyone then maybe those in store web orders will finally get rolling.

Some guy behind me was here for for 40min and turns out he thought they were available to buy today... When he learned they were preorders just now he left

I love the irony of amiibos. The only reason these are in such high demand is cause they were not selling to being with!!!  Villager and WFT did not sell (I remember every store had tons of em unsold). Nintendo sees this and says, oh well, these aren't selling we should discontinue them. That makes the collectors and resellers go berserker barrage on them, and now rare amiibos are sold out (& they only are cause they did not sell in the first place!) 

No everyone sees there is a profit to be made/they might be rare if they don't sell well, so they are sold out instantly. My god, the logic here would destroy all AI machines on the universe.

Called my GameStop and said "Are you guys taking preorders for the Ness Amii-" and before I could finish he said "YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO COME INTO THE STORE TO FIND OUT!!!" and hung up on me. I called back but the line is busy.
Basically every interaction I've had with gamestop on the phone or in person

I like how Gamestop's plan to get foot traffic into the store to buy a toy and possibly convince people to get a game/pre-order resulted in their whole system shutting down.

Exactly. I would pay $15 a piece for them if I knew for sure I could get them with no hassle. I don't know why Nintendo enjoys watching fans struggle to get them.
Of course Nintendo lives off of this publicity, if these products were really for the fans than store exclusives shouldnt exist as they are anti consumer, Mario kart and Hyrule Warriors limited editions shoudlnt have been Nintendo World exclusives.

They feel good when they see thier products being sold at a premium on the secondary market despite them not earning from that margin.

IGN,Polygon,Amiibo news outlets etc are giving nintendo free publicity with thier "X Product is sold out quick posts" What do most people assume when s product sells out quick?That it must be a pretty damn good item and then they themselves become incluned to buy the product.

I do not envy GS employees today. Getting to be around games and talk about games seems for a living seems sort of fun, but not today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back