Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably depends on location. My guess is each store was allotted an amount to pre-order in store. I'm going to call my local store on my way home from work, but I doubt they will be available and I'll likely miss the online order too.
That memo made it sound like there was just a national allotment for GS, meaning it's not on a store by store basis. So one store could get 90 while another got 10, if they had a total of 100. And that would be it.

After a 2 hour wait in store, I got a Ness preordered! Lucina and Robin sold out after the first amiibo-buyer got through the system.

I can second that. My GameStop only had 3 amiibo preorder customers during the whole 2 hours I was waiting there. I got mine, the second guy got his, and by the time the third dude stepped up Lucina, Robin, and Wario were sold out.

This is a fairly high volume store, so surely they had more than 2 each of these...

I NEED to get a Greninja tomorrow so I can have any chance at Jigglypuff day of. Thankfully I am on EST and will be up anyway for work.

Does ANYONE know if the Splatoon 3 pack is still up anywhere?

Waited 2 and a half hours in line to get a Ness at Gamestop. Also ordered a Pac-Man and Splatoon 3 pack, planned on getting Lucina and Robin as well but they sold out.

Gamestop's entire server was flooded with stores trying to access the pre-order page and it took 20 minutes per order, and that was after waiting an hour for them to process the very first order. This is fucking ridiculous, I can't believe Nintendo was this unorganized.

Anyone freaking out about Ness stay cool. I just walked in to GS and was able to get one (along with the Splatoon bundle) They had all in stock but the following 3: Wario was sold out but I'm sure he will be common so no need to panic, As for Lucina and Robin, sorry but these will be the rare ones in the run.

Walked into Gamestop during my break, bought ness and splatoon 3-pack and went on with my day :D

I went to Gamestop on my lunch at 3:30 and the line was ridiculous... I just walked away. It only took two hours to get it:)

Oh and a guy who was also working literally RAN into Gamestop (whipping out his credit card at an alarming rate) for ness LOL I don't blame him one bit

Ness and Pac-Man preordered. The rest (Robin, Lucina, Wario, Charizard) were spoken for.
Plenty of Splatoon ones left though. :lol:

I don't care if he's common, Ness has always been a favorite of mine since the SNES days.
Agreed I played Earthbound back in 95 and it was just fun. It was quirky and a lot of times I would take a weekend and beat the game. Use to do the same for Legend of Zelda Link to the Past. I kind of miss that kid with just a few games wanting to beat them and replay them a lot. I have too much games and it's almost stressful to try to even get through it now.

Well not too bad today. Got Ness/Charizard/Wario/PAC/Jiggly. I'm really hoping Greninja isn't going to be like the mess that was GameStop.

Agreed I played Earthbound back in 95 and it was just fun. It was quirky and a lot of times I would take a weekend and beat the game. Use to do the same for Legend of Zelda Link to the Past. I kind of miss that kid with just a few games wanting to beat them and replay them a lot. I have too much games and it's almost stressful to try to even get through it now.
Oh fuck, this is exactly me. I used to have a small collection of games over a consoles life span. I'd play them every day over and over again. Now? I have a huge back log and I don't even 100% them anymore.

Well so far I have pre-ordered:

2 Jigglypuff

2 Charizard

2 Pac-Man

1 Wario

1 Robin

1 Ness

Still need:

Lucina

Gerninja 

Is that info on Gerninja correct today at 7pm -9pm EST Online ?

This is fucking ridiculous, I can't believe Nintendo was this unorganized.
This is really Gamestop's fault for announcing to everyone the exact time they were expecting to start preorders. It sounds like only the first 1 or 2 people in line at Gamestop had a chance at Lucina and Robin, which is ridiculous. Hopefully they put more up online so people have a shot at them. Preordering all the previous waves was not this difficult except for Rosalina and it looks like TRU gave a 2 hour window for preorder time tomorrow morning, which isn't any better. People will still be hammering their site that whole time.

People are saying they have been able to preorder Pacman at Best Buy and the other figures were available earlier? The preorder button keeps popping up randomly, but I just get an error when I click it.

Oh fuck, this is exactly me. I used to have a small collection of games over a consoles life span. I'd play them every day over and over again. Now? I have a huge back log and I don't even 100% them anymore.
I blame this site for my backlog if I never would have came here I would probably still be playing 3 games a year.

This is really Gamestop's fault for announcing to everyone the exact time they were expecting to start preorders. It sounds like only the first 1 or 2 people in line at Gamestop had a chance at Lucina and Robin, which is ridiculous. Hopefully they put more up online so people have a shot at them. Preordering all the previous waves was not this difficult except for Rosalina and it looks like TRU gave a 2 hour window for preorder time tomorrow morning, which isn't any better. People will still be hammering their site that whole time.

People are saying they have been able to preorder Pacman at Best Buy. The preorder button keeps popping up randomly, but I just get an error when I click it. Were the other figures available from Best Buy today?
I'd say at least 5 people got the bundle, before stuff started selling out at my Gamestop. Even if they didn't announce, you know it would've leaked to all the amiibo news sites anyway.

I managed to get all but Robin at bb today
Then I was first in line at gamestop and it took 40mins to get ness and robin. I'm a happy dude

Yeah you'd get games for special events: birthdays, Christmas, etc. Didn't matter that they came out in March, your birthday isn't until May and you have to wait. Nowadays a special event is $8 off of Hyrule Warriors (which I jumped on immediately) or game is $15 at Best Buy (which is actually $5 out of pocket of course, since you got that certificate for spending hundreds of dollars there already but seems like free money in the moment), only to never play the game and it's sealed on your shelf never to be opened.

Yeah you'd get games for special events: birthdays, Christmas, etc. Didn't matter that they came out in March, your birthday isn't until May and you have to wait. Nowadays a special event is $8 off of Hyrule Warriors (which I jumped on immediately) or game is $15 at Best Buy (which is actually $5 out of pocket of course, since you got that certificate for spending hundreds of dollars there already but seems like free money in the moment), only to never play the game and it's sealed on your shelf never to be opened.
Describes my childhood almost perfectly. I'd be lucky to get a few games a year, and a lot of times I would have to use all of my birthday money to get just one. Now I have hundreds upon hundreds of games, half of which I don't think I've even started yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back