Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I will not have peace of mind until I'm physically holding Greninja. :pray:  The December massive cancellation debacle is still fresh in my mind. I do not want to re-live those moments again.  :speaktothehand: Well... except for those rewards glitch which yielded a free Hyrule Warriors and a Red New Nintendo 3DS XL.  :D/

Well crap, I knew trying to get sleep was a mistake.  I went to bed at midnight and wake up at 5 a.m. to this mess.  The good news is that Jigglypuff and Greninja appear to be available in-store which is where I've pre-ordered almost all of my Amiibo instead of playing this stupid internet game.  I'm going back to bed for another hour.

yeah but if its already sold out, i don't see how the pre order cards will work.. but its still worth a try tho I guess
Could just be online pre-orders or they could already have a particular allotment that has been shipped to store. So say 100,000 cards shipped out.. they would have allowed 100,000 less online I'd suppose.

It seemed the in store cards worked well for Lucario.

A big shout out to all the eBay flippers and hoaders that make amiibo collecting a completely miserable experience. I'm looking at you lady ... first in line at Gamestop yesterday afternoon to order multiple bundles for "family", but kept having all of your credit cards declined b/c you didn't expect to have to pay for the whole amount.

Why? Why would they go out of their way to make an announcement that preorders are from 7-9 am EST, and then just put them up at 3 am? I would've stayed up if they hadn't announced that specific time. ;_;

At least GameStop orders opened up at the announced time (except for Wario). TRU is worse than Target for this mix-up. 

My only hope now is to drive all the way to Cary for a preorder card they may or may not have in stock. Heck, even if they have a preorder card and it happens to scan, my preorder may be canceled anyway since they all got bought up without limit at 3 am. YAY AMIIBO!

Welp. Woke up to 17 new pages of comments and knew Greninja was gone the second I saw it. FML for having a job that requires me to sleep at night. Thanks, TRU.

This is seriously not fun anymore. I'm going to list my collection for sale. No I won't break up anything. The lots going to be sold, I'm that annoyed.

Nintendo is to blame more than anyone. They should be making more of these. Any time an item is limited, this is what happens.

It's like a bar allowing 14 year olds to drink, and then blaming the kids when they get drunk and disorderly.

Why the hell they would put it up in the miidle of the night is my question, no warning prior ethier heres to hoping that in store pre orders are today!

The truth is, fellas, we just didn't want it bad enough. If we really cared, we would have gotten one. *wink*.

I guess its time to pull my extra Little Mac from hibernation and get it ready for trade.

Guess most everyone's going to sleep for awhile now.

To those who may be awake:

(1) What should I expect as far as lines at TRU this morning?

(2) What are the chances they'd let me get 2 Greninja preorders (one to use and one to keep sealed)?

This is just ridiculous.  Why is it so hard to get a Lucina and Robin?  Nintendo advertised both of them in the last 2 Nintendo Directs and there is still this few produced that they are only available for pre-order for 5 minutes at best.  I know that these will never actually hit store shelves and this is going to be stupid.

I've reached out to Nintendo to complain about low production numbers in the US.  I'm sure that those 2 will be readily available in Japan and EU, but they're only sending 1000 to the US.

I highly encourage everyone to contact Nintendo directly and voice your concerns.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/ask

I can't wait for the 10's of Marths that will be available and the cluster fuck that will happen for people trying to get them.

All I wanted was a full set of SSB amiibo. Why does Nintendo insist on making buying their product difficult. 0/3 on retailer exclusives. Maybe I can pull a rabbit out of a hat and get an extra Robin/Lucina from Amazon or in store somewhere and trade for them or something. Sigh.

So today's plan: watch the TRU website during this 7-9am window.. if nothing emerges (which I am expecting will be the case), I'll be hopping in the car and hanging outside of my local store prior to its 10am opening..

Got up at 5:30 am 'cause I thought Greninja was going to go up during the rumored 7-9 AM EST. Yeah, that turned out to not be correct...

Wow. I just woke up early for nothing. So stupid. Nintendo sucks for these retail exclusives.

Looks like trades for Jigglypuff and Greninja are incoming.

This is seriously not fun anymore. I'm going to list my collection for sale. No I won't break up anything. The lots going to be sold, I'm that annoyed.
Doing the same here, enough is enough with this amiibo nonsense. They aren't worth this much of a hassle...

the fact that wario is selling out as fast as the other amiibos means retailers dont even know how many preorders to take. these will be back in stock dont worry nerds. still a long ways to go

I'm done with this as well. I've set alarms, I've stood in line for hours at a shitty Ganestop and nothing. If Nintendo doesn't want me buying Robin and Lucina I will work with them on that.

Wow, don't know whether to laugh or cry. I'm usually very fast (and lucky) with these preorders. But there's absolutely nothing I can do about TRU pulling a stunt like this. 3am??? F***king serious?? Especially after stating it would go up at 7 am instead. Lol had everything setup and ready on Toysrus.com too

So what's the deal with pre-order cards. As I have said multiple times in this thread, the closest TRU to me is 40 minutes minimum one way. Really don't feel like making that trip unnecessarily.

yea, im gonna say im done with amiibos fellas.  Its been fun, but between an extra long lunch yesterday to try and score stuff and putting of work responsibilities, to the constant feeling like shit when i miss preorders...i've got a 7 month old that deserves the time and energy i've put into these.

so, that said...where's the best place to unload an opened collection of wave 1-3?

Wow, don't know whether to laugh or cry. I'm usually very fast (and lucky) with these preorders. But there's absolutely nothing I can do about TRU pulling a stunt like this. 3am??? F***king serious?? Especially after stating it would go up at 7 am instead. Lol had everything setup and ready on Toysrus.com too
You can do both, laugh and cry. Just sayin'. I feel your pain.

ToysRUs is the new target really does remind me of the bad days of rosalina pre orders at obsecure hours of the day.

yea, im gonna say im done with amiibos fellas. Its been fun, but between an extra long lunch yesterday to try and score stuff and putting of work responsibilities, to the constant feeling like shit when i miss preorders...i've got a 7 month old that deserves the time and energy i've put into these.

so, that said...where's the best place to unload an opened collection of wave 1-3?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eyIlFWpRuw[/youtube]

So what's the deal with pre-order cards. As I have said multiple times in this thread, the closest TRU to me is 40 minutes minimum one way. Really don't feel like making that trip unnecessarily.
It's like what life was like before the internet .. go in store and reserve.

My suggestion would be to call first thing in the morning..although then it may be too late. So then you should just drive the 40 minutes..but then they may not have them. What a Catch-22.

I guess they didn't want their site to crash in the morning.

Just when you thought GameStop was shitty? toys R Us pulls this shit.

Seriously. These retailers HATE Amiibo. Each store is going to get like 500 phone calls today.

It's like what life was like before the internet .. go in store and reserve.

My suggestion would be to call first thing in the morning..although then it may be too late. So then you should just drive the 40 minutes..but then they may not have them. What a Catch-22.
Yeah, I know. That's why I'm seeing if anyone has heard anything. Before I went to bed last night it was all speculation. There's literally nothing else I have to do in that area all day. But now after missing Green Ninja today and Jiggly yesterday it looks like I'll have to decide between which one to camp out for, which fucking sucks. Or drive and wait in front of a store for two hours hoping there are cards when there's no reason to think there will be but who knows there may be.

I guess I'll just head to ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back