Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo was plotting this amiibo craze all the way back in 2004:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vO4-jw9eQE[/youtube]

Didn't go through the last few pages but going by the good ole' 45 bucks Lucinas on Amazon I'm assuming I missed the preorders overnight? Hah I might just pay the fucking money and be done with it as like I said she's the only one I want out of this entire franchise. This is beyond ridiculous though...if Nintendo wasn't so goddamn cheap and would man up and not be afraid to make a decent supply of these things everyone could be happy. It's no trade secret Nintendo has always been cheap when it has come to producing enough of any of their shit...you would think after the last fiasco with these things they'd learn but I guess they'd rather piss off potential buyers and let the scalpers make more.

Didn't go through the last few pages but going by the good ole' 45 bucks Lucinas on Amazon I'm assuming I missed the preorders overnight? Hah I might just pay the fucking money and be done with it as like I said she's the only one I want out of this entire franchise. This is beyond ridiculous though...if Nintendo wasn't so goddamn cheap and would man up and not be afraid to make a decent supply of these things everyone could be happy. It's no trade secret Nintendo has always been cheap when it has come to producing enough of any of their shit...you would think after the last fiasco with these things they'd learn but I guess they'd rather piss off potential buyers and let the scalpers make more.
Amazon didn't put up pre orders yet. The lucina you are seeing is a third party listing. The Amazon listing still says "currently unavailable".

Someone on reddit fooled a bunch of people with a rumor about Amazon going up yesterday at 3PM, but nothing actually went up.

Someone on reddit fooled a bunch of people with a rumor about Amazon going up yesterday at 3PM, but nothing actually went up.
See, that's the thing. No longer are the trolls trolling 1,2,3 people... they're trolling thousands. And these retailers are helping them do it. Time to pay the piper.

:twoguns:

I'm at the hospital waiting to have my gallbladder removed. I go under around 11:30. Please watch Amazon as I'm sure pre-orders will coincide. You're welcome. ;)

I think they fell for it here as well. Turned a fake CS rep name into a meme apparently. Peeps goin cray-cray xD

I agree. It's like the 4 player gamecube adapters for wii u. I'm happy to see well reviewed imitations of it being sold because that's money that could have been going in Nintendo's pocket but yet they still sit back and don't do anything about it. Am I missing something when it comes to Nintendo's business practices or are they just plain and simple dumb?

I agree. It's like the 4 player gamecube adapters for wii u. I'm happy to see well reviewed imitations of it being sold because that's money that could have been going in Nintendo's pocket but yet they still sit back and don't do anything about it. Am I missing something when it comes to Nintendo's business practices or are they just plain and simple dumb?
Historically they have been conservative (which has helped them a great deal during rough times), not sure I would call them dumb.

So target used the wrong billing address for jooglypoof. I called them and they said they cant modify an order. Has anyone gotten an order cancelled because of a wrong credit card billing address?
I'm in the same boat -- shipping address was wrong too though, so I'm probably going to have to call the post office there and make sure they still deliver it to the old address and not "return to sender".

H0UNyAI.jpg

Marth is not amused.
I love that there's an insulin pen in the background... its just so odd.

Historically they have been conservative (which has helped them a great deal during rough times), not sure I would call them dumb.
Agreed. Their approach to Amiibo, SSB Gamecube Controller Adapters and recent LEs and CEs has been solid (in the sense that they are getting exactly what they wanted). It has led to crazy amounts of hype, constant demand and (most importantly) no stock left on shelves to have to take back from retailers. Nintendo doesn't even need to advertise anymore, the rabid customers/collectors are doing it for them. Nintendo has set a level to guarantee themselves a solid profit margin and have all but eliminated the risks associated with overproduction. If they would flood the market with these items collectibility would be down, demand would be down and risk would be up. They are taking the conservative approach towards a guaranteed profit, not the high risk with the possibility of high reward approach.

At this point, it's no longer fans getting these but resellers/flippers. This is sheer madness when even imports don't last more than a few minutes.

That's not a Nintendo response. That's a response from one of their CS reps, which is about as reliable as Esteban from Amazon.

Was anyone able to add more than one color Yoshi Wooly? I had Greninja and a green Wooly in the cart. Tried to add the pink but it wouldn't let me. So I had to check out then go order the pink one on a separate order.

Agreed. Their approach to Amiibo, SSB Gamecube Controller Adapters and recent LEs and CEs has been solid (in the sense that they are getting exactly what they wanted). It has led to crazy amounts of hype, constant demand and (most importantly) no stock left on shelves to have to take back from retailers. Nintendo doesn't even need to advertise anymore, the rabid customers/collectors are doing it for them. Nintendo has set a level to guarantee themselves a solid profit margin and have all but eliminated the risks associated with overproduction. If they would flood the market with these items collectibility would be down, demand would be down and risk would be up. They are taking the conservative approach towards a guaranteed profit, not the high risk with the possibility of high reward approach.
I might would think you were right on this but the gamecube adapter is clearly not something that's collectible and yet Nintendo far underproduced them & now have missed 1,000's of sales of them to a cheaper third party adapter. This is just flat out dumb marketing. When I was selling baseball cards back in high school I learned early on when I had a particular pack that sold well I didn't question it, I got more and continued selling out of them. If I could not get many popular best selling ones I simply raised the price still selling those at the higher price along with selling other less desirable packs at a more affordable price so I kept my market covered. Same goes on any size level of business. Article I just read and posted a link to tells about how Nintendo is laying the blame at the retailers feet for the amiibo shortage and says that they can assure us that hard to find figures will be popping back up at retailers in the future so take that as you will. Nintendo seems to be wanting to rectify the shortages of amiibo but I'll believe it when I see it.

Was anyone able to add more than one color Yoshi Wooly? I had Greninja and a green Wooly in the cart. Tried to add the pink but it wouldn't let me. So I had to check out then go order the pink one on a separate order.
I didn't realize the Yarn Yoshis were up until it was too late - hope I can score a bundle if they ever come to NA.

I didn't realize the Yarn Yoshis were up until it was too late - hope I can score a bundle if they ever come to NA.
They'll come to NA. But there's no way these won't be sold out on minutes. Amazonde has had them pop up for pre order probably 3 times as far as I know of. So there will probably be another chance. The blue one sold out really fast. Couldn't even add it to cart. Glad I at least locked down a green and pink one incase I miss the NA pre orders.

I wish I wasn't so OCD about boxes from different regions :/ It's the only thing stopping me from getting EU/JP versions and risking I might not even get them at all.

I wish I wasn't so OCD about boxes from different regions :/ It's the only thing stopping me from getting EU/JP versions and risking I might not even get them at all.
You can always pre order. Then cancel if you get the NA version. Or hold onto your foreign model until you /hopefully get the NA version then sell the foreign.

Was just wondering, but did NWS end up having some Shulk amiibo set aside for today's Xenoblade launch? You think that would've been a neat thing to do for people who were picking up the game, at least your chances for them to go to people who are actually going to use them is higher, right? Also, did anyone happen to pick up an extra "launch poster" that they wouldn't mind sending my way for a few bucks?? :D

Was just wondering, but did NWS end up having some Shulk amiibo set aside for today's Xenoblade launch? You think that would've been a neat thing to do for people who were picking up the game, at least your chances for them to go to people who are actually going to use them is higher, right? Also, did anyone happen to pick up an extra "launch poster" that they wouldn't mind sending my way for a few bucks?? :D
You have to buy the game to get the poster.

i just want a jigglypuff amibo an idiot couple preorder 4 i went postal on them they felt bad and are giving me one they ordered another 6 i wanted to beat them but im a getting a free jigglypuff i told them i would try to get a greninja for them on the 27th,

i just want a jigglypuff amibo an idiot couple preorder 4 i went postal on them they felt bad and are giving me one they ordered another 6 i wanted to beat them but im a getting a free jigglypuff i told them i would try to get a greninja for them on the 27th, in a trade even if i dont its valid

i just want a jigglypuff amibo an idiot couple preorder 4 i went postal on them they felt bad and are giving me one they ordered another 6 i wanted to beat them but im a getting a free jigglypuff i told them i would try to get a greninja for them on the 27th, in a trade even if i dont its valid
We do not understand either of your posts.

hZUoIs5.jpg

Who are all of these people that just have to have these Gamecube adapters I always wonder?  As if there's millions of US die hard SSB fans from the Gamecube era or something.  Also, my Best Buy had six Majora's Mask 3DS sitting out last night.  Funny how no one cares about these things when they are suddenly available and flipper prices come down.

I guess I am lucky I do not care about the packaging. I would prefer all us but japanese packaging is ok with me. I should be able to snag a kirby and hopefully the other non-exclusive figures. greninja and ness however...I will be using my local comic/toy shop. the family that runs it has family back in japan who sends the figures. the mark up is usually just 10 dollars. so I feel a little better, but man I would like to be able to preorder everything in one transaction and move on.

as I explain the amazon story yesterday, my wife and daughter both had the same reaction. "it will be ok, these are just pieces of plastic". still though I want that plastic.

I noticed yesterday splatoon girl showed as preorder on best buy for a couple of minutes but it would give me an error each time I tried to add to cart.

Oh that is confusing.. I ordered thinking I got one, but now I look and it says call for availability. So apparently you can just order even if it isn't in stock. Bleh.

Who are all of these people that just have to have these Gamecube adapters I always wonder? As if there's millions of US die hard SSB fans from the Gamecube era or something. Also, my Best Buy had six Majora's Mask 3DS sitting out last night. Funny how no one cares about these things when they are suddenly available and flipper prices come down.
I didn't notice that the prices had dropped so much. I'm pretty sure this guy didn't make any money depending on his tax rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back