Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that is confusing.. I ordered thinking I got one, but now I look and it says call for availability. So apparently you can just order even if it isn't in stock. Bleh.
exactly this is just like B&H Photo Incident remember that?

I just placed an order for Little Mac.
Same here
did you look at the details you can place a order but the item is not available it says. If you were here couple months ago B&H Did the same thing and had everyone money on hold for the longest time before everyone had to call and cancel. Alot these smaller retailers dont know when these kind of things are discontinued.

exactly this is just like B&H Photo Incident remember that?

did you look at the details you can place a order but the item is not available it says. If you were here couple months ago B&H Did the same thing and had everyone money on hold for the longest time before everyone had to call and cancel. Alot these smaller retailers dont know when these kind of things are discontinued.
Precisely. I learned a long time ago that you don't order rare amiibos from these small time retailers that have no idea what they are doing. They never come through and you're going to be disappointed and possibly inconvenienced with charges. I'd recommend anyone else to not buy from them.

I even had one of my infrequently used credit cards compromised two months ago for the first time in over a decade and I'm pretty sure it was the one obscure amiibo site.

I was able to place order for Lil Mac at Macmall. I have successfully placed other orders with them. I received confirmation email with estimated delivery dat of 04/16. Fingers crossed.

Was anyone able to add more than one color Yoshi Wooly? I had Greninja and a green Wooly in the cart. Tried to add the pink but it wouldn't let me. So I had to check out then go order the pink one on a separate order.
I got the green and pink on the same order. The blue was taken out of my cart before I could finish. I went for them instead of greninja, since I was searching without a link and couldnt find it. Maybe the pink came back in stock inbetween.

If people thinking retail for a mm 3ds xl is a cheap price, then nintendo has the situation right where they want it.
Well it's not really a cheap item at retail, but considering these aren't around anyway and the after market price can only eventually creep up, it's not bad. I have a feeling people will be holding onto them for a while though. If you're a true fan, good luck letting go, it looks fantastic =P

Memo case it wasnt said yet.

http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-super-smash-bros-series-figure-shulk-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-8pzr.html

Shulk, Marth, Fox, Wario and few others on (rerun) preorder status! 19.99$, I just preordered Shulk and Marth, after shipping was like 53$ for the 2.

So if you dont want to take chances and dont mind spending a "lil" more. Here is your best choice!
Caveat emptor--those pre-order pages have been up for at least a few days, if not weeks.

Well thats good to know, havent seen it talked about on here really tho. Just saw a memo on twitter, so I went for it. If I get them beforehand, I can just cancel the order. But least that should help some looking for it.

Also with reruns... maybe this means scalpers wont get a chance to sell for high anymore.

Caveat emptor--those pre-order pages have been up for at least a few days, if not weeks.
Yep, same with that Yes-Asia Villager crap that was up for like 4+ weeks. Both of these sites happily take your money with tons of pre-orders and then when they oversell and cancel your order, word is (from buyers in this thread) they convert your charge to store credit. One poster said you have to email and ask them for refund from Yes-Asia. Two people posted that they were simply stuck with store credit from Play-Asia. People who weren't around then or don't read these entire threads deserve to know.

I don't doubt that many people have had successful orders from Yes-Asia and Play-Asia. But one thing is completely obvious at this point. They purposely (or carelessly) oversell their pre-orders on rare amiibos and buyers are still getting charged.

had pit in my cart on macmall, put in all my info and everything, went to submit order and it error'd out. pit all gone! congrats to all you who got one, i hate you all :wall: just kidding, you guys are awesome

I got the green and pink on the same order. The blue was taken out of my cart before I could finish. I went for them instead of greninja, since I was searching without a link and couldnt find it. Maybe the pink came back in stock inbetween.
Damn. Thanks for the info. Hopefully they come back in stock soon so I can get both pink and blue on one order and cancel the solo pink order. The shipping is fucking expensive.

Those Yoshi are so damn cute. Too bad I missed them. Hoping we get the game and Yoshi bundle plus the singles coming up for pre-order soon.
My geeky fucking heart melted when they showed them in the Direct. I really hope i get the NA preorder so I can cancel this expensive ass UK version.

Yep, same with that Yes-Asia Villager crap that was up for like 4+ weeks. Word also is (from buyers in this thread) that both of these sites happily take your money and then when they oversell and cancel your orders they covert your charge to store credit. One poster said you have to email and ask them for refund from Yes-Asia. Two people posted that they were simply stuck with store credit from Play-Asia. People who weren't around then or don't read these entire threads deserve to know.

I don't doubt that many people have had successful orders from Yes-Asia and Play-Asia. But one thing is completely obvious at this point. they purposely (or carelessly) oversell their pre-orders on rare amiibos.
I bought it with paypal so I'll just put in complaint and it will get fix fast and easy.

you'll definitely get your money back from yes asia, but the issue is they'll pretty much hold your money for a long time and a hassle to get refunded. 

The point with the posts this morning is BUYER BEWARE when you are purchasing from places besides major US retailers.  Hell, you all know the situations with the biggest retailers here.  People are consistently getting the shaft from these lesser amiibo sites. 

You know how rare these things are.  A lot of the obscure retailers have open orders for wave 2 and 3 from back in Dec. and Jan. still.    People are just going to have to experience it for themselves, it seems.  You've been warned. 

I got Marth from them a few months ago. Took a long ass time to get here. But it was packaged great and was in mint condition
sorry, i got play asia and yes asia mixed up the other day. yes asia is the one with no real time inventory. i used them both... definitely, play asia is more reliable then yes asia, but still,l if i pre order from either i would get a back up pre-order and use them only as a last resort seeing how long the pre-order windows are up.

The point with the posts this morning is BUYER BEWARE when you are purchasing from places besides major US retailers. Hell, you all know the situations with the biggest retailers here. People are consistently getting the shaft from these lesser amiibo sites.

You know how rare these things are. A lot of the obscure retailers have open orders for wave 2 and 3 from back in Dec. and Jan. still. People are just going to have to experience it for themselves, it seems. You've been warned.
I guess the new people on here, never experienced the Entertainment Earth and B&H fiasco.

Well thats good to know, havent seen it talked about on here really tho. Just saw a memo on twitter, so I went for it. If I get them beforehand, I can just cancel the order. But least that should help some looking for it.

Also with reruns... maybe this means scalpers wont get a chance to sell for high anymore.
Prepare for a protracted battle with customer service if you are thinking it will be easy to cancel. They have a history of being difficult to get your money back from.

sorry, i got play asia and yes asia mixed up the other day. yes asia is the one with no real time inventory. i used them both... definitely, play asia is more reliable then yes asia, but still,l if i pre order from either i would get a back up pre-order and use them only as a last resort seeing how long the pre-order windows are up.
All good. Import is last resort for me. But Play Asia is legit. I've never read a horror story about them, maybe a messed up package. But that's about it.

All good. Import is last resort for me. But Play Asia is legit. I've never read a horror story about them, maybe a messed up package. But that's about it.
a few people on reddit posted they didn't get their amiibos from play asia a while back but it was a minority.

but if play asia puts up wool amiibo i might bite.

Play Asia doesnt bill till it ships I think it says. I know a coworker of mine orders here all the time. Also did Amiibos, no issues here. Since these are the reruns from Japan.. I would say bigger chance to get these vs USA reruns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back