Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been discussed, pretty sure it has. But Dark Pit, Paluntea, Ganon and Zero Suit Samus are up on GAME.UK

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/m/RelatedGamesView?msg=&articleId=299839&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151

Edit: It's $95 to pre order all 4. Ouch.

I kept getting an error when entering my CC info. So I don't know if it works or not. I give up.
If it's still up you should automatically assume they don't ship to the US... Unless it's play Asia, can't wait to see how that BS turns out

how is the amiibo stock in new zealand? friend is visiting there at the moment. i hear theres always ample stock in Switzerland/Germany but never NZ. 

Just called Gamestop to confirm that my Ness preorder was fine because of the email that was going around the past few days. I was told by the Gamestop rep that another preorder will go up sometime next week after they cancel all the duplicate orders that was made last Tuesday. They are just trying to get an accurate count of inventory right now. From the way how he said it at first, it sounds like it would be only instore and it is up the manager of store to determine how they should be distributed. I am thinking the manger will contact those with preorders already to see if they wanted a certain amiibo that was sold out. Than he told me to check "Gamestop mass media" next week for announcement on when they are going to release more preorders instore and online.

I really don't know how accurate this information is because first he told me it was instore only than he mentioned online afterwards. He probably means WIS though.

BTW I didn't catch his name so hopefully it isn't Esteban. This is just my conversation with this rep and should not be taken as 100% confirmation of more preorders at Gamestop next week.
So is this legit or are people just not talking about it for a reason.

Not sure if this has been discussed, pretty sure it has. But Dark Pit, Paluntea, Ganon and Zero Suit Samus are up on GAME.UK

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/m/RelatedGamesView?msg=&articleId=299839&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151

Edit: It's $95 to pre order all 4. Ouch.

I kept getting an error when entering my CC info. So I don't know if it works or not. I give up.
Still not shipping to the US. The site says I'm committing "fraud" when I used PayPal.

For fear of sounding like a scalping-sympathizer and causing a ruckus, what's the "lol" about? Haven't sealed full amiibo collections (not including MP10 or Zelda MM) been going for well over that bid right now? Especially ones in "great" condition? Not turning this into a "reseller/flipper" debate at all, just honestly curious why this was such a big deal? Based on "market rates" for other auctions and all the effort he would've had to do to get all these, it seems like a legitimate auction?
you get this worked up over a lol?

calm down

For fear of sounding like a scalping-sympathizer and causing a ruckus, what's the "lol" about? Haven't sealed full amiibo collections (not including MP10 or Zelda MM) been going for well over that bid right now? Especially ones in "great" condition? Not turning this into a "reseller/flipper" debate at all, just honestly curious why this was such a big deal? Based on "market rates" for other auctions and all the effort he would've had to do to get all these, it seems like a legitimate auction?
Chill dude lol i think hes laughing at the fact that people are willing to pay nearly a Grand for amiibos.

To be honest with you i dont blame him, amiibo are cool and all but not to the point where i would be spending Top Cash for them.

At the thousand dollar mark thats where most enthusiest tier products are priced at and it just funny to see amiibo sell for that much.

Alright its been some time now and this question is still lingering in my head.

How and Why did ToysRUs put up Greninja pre orders in the middle of the night at 3 A.M.?

I just dont understand the thought process behind this decision, this was definately an off peak hour for the website, most of the U.S. was asleep at this hour, most people dont randomly scour TRU.com at thoese hours ethier.

Was it by accident?Did thier web site management allow pre orders by accident or was it intentional.Judging by TRU reponses this doesnt seem accidental as they fully acknowledge the situation and did not apologize for the timing only the low stock.

I just want to get to the bottom of this.

How and Why did ToysRUs put up Greninja pre orders in the middle of the night at 3 A.M.?

I just dont understand the thought process behind this decision, this was definately an off peak hour for the website, most of the U.S. was asleep at this hour, most people dont randomly scour TRU.com at thoese hours ethier.

Was it by accident?Did thier web site management allow pre orders by accident or was it intentional.Judging by TRU reponses this doesnt seem accidental as they fully acknowledge the situation and did not apologize for the timing only the low stock.

Probably were just like "fuck it, just get it over with so we dont have to deal with it anymore"

I'd bet heavily that they wanted to avoid a GameStop-level shut down. TRU's dot com is not top notch, nor are they a company who can afford to have their site go down and lose revenue all because of demand for 1 figure.

What exactly are you looking for?  They likely had a scheduled process running to update the website products, and the preorder was part of it.  They don't need a product to sell out 5 minutes after they make it available so they wouldn't likely care what time of the day it happened.

What exactly are you looking for? They likely had a scheduled process running to update the website products, and the preorder was part of it. They don't need a product to sell out 5 minutes after they make it available so they wouldn't likely care what time of the day it happened.
Nothing tells me Family and fun oriented better than puting toy pre orders at 3 A.M. in the morning.

I just find this entire situation puzzling and hysterical.Mainly beacuse

I dont understand why stock cant be alocated seperately per region to prevent another Majoras Mask fiasco, West Coast stock,East Coast etc.

therefore these companies could announce pre orders to thier customers at reasonable hours and give people a chance at recieving the item.Rather than releasing it with no prior announcement while one part if the country is asleep and the other is awake.

Even bestbuy had the decency of releasing it in the day time where most people were awake and aware.

toysrus online can't take over 50,000 or more peoples click on 1 item at the same time. they afraid amiibo will destroy they server. TRU choose to let the peoples pissed off and life happy intead die painful under the tongue of greninja.

They didn't want the heavy traffic taking down their servers during peak business hours, something that would harm the rest of the company. They knew that the Amiibo would sell out a 100%, why take the risk. We all saw what happened to GameStop. While I don't like the decision, it was a very smart move for Target and TRU and I expect the trend to continue. That being said, Amazon is more well equipped to handle such a burden so expect their preorders to go up at anytime.

It still wasn't necessary to announce a specific preorder time and make them live 4 hours earlier. No respect for liars. Simply being silent and putting it up around 2-3am like usual wouldn't have bothered me at all. There wouldn't have been enough people awake at that time to crash the server. I missed the preorders as a direct result of their announcement. Otherwise, I'd have been awake watching anyway and would have had at least a slim chance to grab Greninja.

Never thought I would get burned out hunting these little bastards. Now I'm just going to trade my exclusives for other exclusives later.

I highly doubt amiibo traffic would bring down the servers. Black Friday is way more worst for them. Here's the bottom line, everyone can't be pleased. The Internet, especially here is full of "special" people.

I know a few people who work retail and have to deal with this stuff everyday. Some of you don't make this easy and spit out what ever crap you see on the internet.

Yeah I was sad that I missed the TRU pre-orders just because I went to sleep early in order to wake up early.  They went up just 1 hr after I went to bed and I would have easily scored had I not listened.  Gotta stop paying attention to these announcements from representatives, and only pay attention to in-store release discussion by random people.

The only rare scores I've ever made in stores were due to the 'word on the street' style posts by random redditors.

I just posted yesterday the only way to score these desirable amiibo is to be lucky with timing planning seems not to help. Otherwise plan on paying triple the price until Nintendo (A).actually produces enough of them to go around (B).raises the price closer to scalper prices on the most desirable figures. Judging by their handling of the gamecube adapters (& the fact third parties are capitalizing on those, something not possible with amiibo) I doubt we will see either.

And some other consumers can still distinguish between the corporate and retail levels of employment.

The early live preorders were either a TRU corporate decision to deceive or an IT oversight. Given that TRU reps are quiet about the fact that preorders were even early at all, it's far less likely that it was an IT mistake (an error makes a great butt-saving excuse). There is the third option of that Polygon article being completely made up--but again, if the article were false, it'd be easy for TRU reps to save face.

At any rate, this affair has nothing to do with brick'n'mortar TRU stores, so there's no reason why those associates should get any grief. But that doesn't mean TRU isn't a pain to deal with. :/

I just posted yesterday the only way to score these desirable amiibo is to be lucky with timing planning seems not to help. Otherwise plan on paying triple the price until Nintendo (A).actually produces enough of them to go around (B).raises the price closer to scalper prices on the most desirable figures. Judging by their handling of the gamecube adapters (& the fact third parties are capitalizing on those, something not possible with amiibo) I doubt we will see either.
I've seen your suggestion that Nintendo raise the price of certain figures at least a few times. You do realize that if that happened, the resale prices would be even higher.

Best Buy just sent me this email. 

w48oW6Z.png

Guess my Lucina preorder is backordered and they're going to cancel it... 

This is what my order status page looks like now:

qMsB3cl.png

It's really weird that Lucina has a status of "backordered" and yet it says "preparing order" in order details. Unless...BB doesn't realize it's backordered until they reach the preparing order step. Robin and Charizard may not be safe. Maybe no one is. My Splatoon 3-pack order was flat-out canceled, no explanation. :(

I've seen your suggestion that Nintendo raise the price of certain figures at least a few times. You do realize that if that happened, the resale prices would be even higher.
You might be right but what I think happens when raising the price of a popular item is fewer people will buy multiples. This in turn will distribute them more evenly across the market and make finding one on the shelves a possibility. This really shows up on preorders because as we've seen at $12.99 they are gone before even having a chance in hell to get one but when they are available to import putting the cost up around $23.00 people at least have a bit of time to get some orders in. No one wants to hear raise the price including me since I'm poor but if that's what it takes to get ones I really want I'd rather have the chance to get one at $19.99 than not getting one at all since I can't afford to pay $37 for another. Be best for us if Nintendo just flooded the market with them but I do think that would hurt the desirability of these things in the future. In the end it's a balancing act but in this case the scales are tipped far far on the too low producton numbers side.

Had the task to find older Amiibos for friends all over Tokyo...from Akihabara, Odaiba, many, many locations...many shops didn't sell them.  So, pretty much what you saw at the electronics stores or Toys R Us...is what they had...and it generally looked like this...

17112803625_e0eedc99c1_b.jpg

Had a sealed Shulk I was going to use as trade material but since I got Xenoblade for New 3DS yesterday, I decided to bust him open. Did I do the right thing, guys? :(

Had a sealed Shulk I was going to use as trade material but since I got Xenoblade for New 3DS yesterday, I decided to bust him open. Did I do the right thing, guys? :(
your worst mistake was getting that crappy vanilla version, if its just an excuse to justify wasting money on the n3ds even worse, if you had done any research you would have found out before losing money and just get the better wii version, but if you have extra money to waist then you shouldnt care about getting approval for your poor choices

your worst mistake was getting that crappy vanilla version, if its just an excuse to justify wasting money on the n3ds even worse, if you had done any research you would have found out before losing money and just get the better wii version, but if you have extra money to waist then you shouldnt care about getting approval for your poor choices
Projecting much?

I got the N3DS for my birthday, so no money there. As for Xenoblade for 3DS, I got it for $32 (thanks to GCU and I'm not including the $5 gift card I had). I don't have a Wii and a USED copy of Xenoblade for it goes for $70+ on Amazon. So I fail to see your logic.

Thats_just_your_opinion.jpg

Maybe, he already has the Wii version. Why are you so angry, btw? It's waste not waist

No, I wanted it. :p But really all this collecting and not opening makes me hate myself. Damn Toy Story 2.

My order for Greninja was missing today at TRU... no email. I do still have the other Greninja though.

Cancellations coming for those that bought 2??!?!?!? *It's notable that 2x of my Lucina's are still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back