Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure this has been posted here before, but if not...yesasia has rare exclusives for only $19.99, no tax and no shipping (if you buy 2 or more). Honestly, it's a pretty great deal. Sure, you'll pay $6 over US MSRP, but it beats spending hours refreshing Amazon and Target. http://bit.ly/1coXWfD

I'm sure this has been posted here before, but if not...yesasia has rare exclusives for only $19.99, no tax and no shipping (if you buy 2 or more). Honestly, it's a pretty great deal. Sure, you'll pay $6 over US MSRP, but it beats spending hours refreshing Amazon and Target. http://bit.ly/1coXWfD
Is that the page that only issues store credit if they cancel a pre-order?

I'm sure this has been posted here before, but if not...yesasia has rare exclusives for only $19.99, no tax and no shipping (if you buy 2 or more). Honestly, it's a pretty great deal. Sure, you'll pay $6 over US MSRP, but it beats spending hours refreshing Amazon and Target. http://bit.ly/1coXWfD
Problem is, Japanese versions are less desirable than US, but not a bad option to take if things go badly here.

Neither of which matters if you open them anyway and just want a full damn collection
And you've got foreign merch, who doesn't love the exotic meaning behind that?! xD I agree it really doesn't matter, it's the order in which the ink was printed onto a piece of cardboard, the Amiibo couldn't care less.

Thanks for the YesAsia reminder. I bit on Robin, Lucina and two Nesses. Once this stuff releases and is (potentially) impossible to find in stores, I would kill to pay $20 per figure, even if they are foreign. 

Thanks for the YesAsia reminder. I bit on Robin, Lucina and two Nesses. Once this stuff releases and is (potentially) impossible to find in stores, I would kill to pay $20 per figure, even if they are foreign.
I payed close to that for Mega Man and Toon Link thanks to Target's shipping costs, but at the time those were really hard to get a hold of. I don't regret it, because the other option would have been paying $30+ if they actually would have been rare.

Is Play Asia considered reliable? I got in on the pre -order they had for Ness, Lucina, and Robin last week. Their customer service has been the best. It was my 1st order and i paid via pay pal and had some questions. Their response time on emailing them was the quickest. 3 of them with shipping ran $76. I would rather get them thru BB, but I really do not want to miss out on them. I care less if they are JP because we open them and use them as soon as we get them

Is Play Asia considered reliable? I got in on the pre -order they had for Ness, Lucina, and Robin last week. Their customer service has been the best. It was my 1st order and i paid via pay pal and had some questions. Their response time on emailing them was the quickest. 3 of them with shipping ran $76. I would rather get them thru BB, but I really do not want to miss out on them. I care less if they are JP because we open them and use them as soon as we get them
There are a lot of horror stories with their insanely slow delivery time. I ordered one thing and did not have an issue with this. I would say it is somewhat risky but overall they are a legit site, just maybe not the best.

I found a toad at Target Yesterday so he might be restocked at other stores too. I didnt want to pick up any SMB amiibos but i figured since he isn't on the smash line up i mind as well

Bowser and Peach too? The SMB line is certainly larger than SSB. But just looking at both Peach and Bowser lines right now, I'd say the SSB line is more detailed. Oh well

The SMB Luigi figure is a definite improvement over SSB version.

If you are using YesAsia for the first time to pre-order any of Wave 4, the coupon code "NEWTWITTER3" will take $3 off your total. 

Just pre-ordered Lucina and Robin for $36, including tax and shipping, to avoid the headache. Thanks to the posters that mentioned this site.

you get this worked up over a lol?

calm down
Chill dude lol i think hes laughing at the fact that people are willing to pay nearly a Grand for amiibos.

To be honest with you i dont blame him, amiibo are cool and all but not to the point where i would be spending Top Cash for them.

At the thousand dollar mark thats where most enthusiest tier products are priced at and it just funny to see amiibo sell for that much.
Wow, didn't think my mild-mannered question seemed like I needed to "calm down" at all -- was generally just curious, albeit emotionless. thanks for the repsonses though

he's just asking a question

calm down
Bingo!

so was i, but it doesn't take me an essay to get my point across

calm down
Some people prefer to clarify their thoughts and may appreciate proper grammar and punctuation. To each their own, I guess. Thanks for the response either way though.

YesAsia says they don't charge until they ship, so I'm not sure where people were having refund issues.  Obviously if they do charge now, then that's an issue, but with a pretty clear resolution.  I've ordered with them long ago (Ouendan 2 was apparently my last purchase) without any problems, so hopefully that holds.

Ordered the two FEs and Ness there as backups, luckily I'll know whether I'm getting Lucina and Robin from Best Buy a month before they're due in Japan.

YesAsia says they don't charge until they ship, so I'm not sure where people were having refund issues. Obviously if they do charge now, then that's an issue, but with a pretty clear resolution. I've ordered with them long ago (Ouendan 2 was apparently my last purchase) without any problems, so hopefully that holds.

Ordered the two FEs and Ness there as backups, luckily I'll know whether I'm getting Lucina and Robin from Best Buy a month before they're due in Japan.
The issue is that they've taken pre-orders for weeks on some amiibo, whereas most other retailers run out of pre-orders on things within a matter of minutes. That leads people to believe they won't be fulfilled, and their refunds are in the form of a store credit rather than cash back. Someone said that you can get a full refund if you email them but they default to store credit which is where the issue could potentially be.

YesAsia says they don't charge until they ship, so I'm not sure where people were having refund issues. Obviously if they do charge now, then that's an issue, but with a pretty clear resolution. I've ordered with them long ago (Ouendan 2 was apparently my last purchase) without any problems, so hopefully that holds.

The only thing I know about yesasia is that they took a massive amount of pre-orders for Villager, Little Mac, WFT, etc around a month ago. Those pages were up for a while after hitting CAG/SD/reddit. All of those figures had a release date later than the end of May so I think that there was speculation is was pre-orders for a Japanese reprint.

In their policy, you can't cancel pre-orders. Also, some people had reported that their figures were cancelled, but it defaulted to store credit (which again, I don't understand if it hasn't been charged yet, but whatever). I guess you can get back your money if you email or call CS.

So far, all those pre-order dates haven't happened yet so we don't really know how reliable this site is. The Ness pre-order is still up with an expected release date of July 31st. People wont really know if they are screwed until two month after this wave is released in the US.

If you pre-order from yesasia please at least know all the risks associated with it. I have all the figures I want from this wave pre-ordered form amazon.jp and Best Buy and Gamestop (only Ness from gamestop) and I'm fairly confident I'll get at least one. Good luck to all those that ordered from yesasia and I really do hope you get what you ordered.

The issue is that they've taken pre-orders for weeks on some amiibo, whereas most other retailers run out of pre-orders on things within a matter of minutes. That leads people to believe they won't be fulfilled, and their refunds are in the form of a store credit rather than cash back. Someone said that you can get a full refund if you email them but they default to store credit which is where the issue could potentially be.
this is exactly why I'm avoiding the yesasia site. I'd love to put in an order for meta knight and shulk, but they've been up for way too long for me to risk putting in the order and being stuck with that situation on my hands.

It's not that orders have been cancelled with no automatic refund.  The problem is that Yes-Asia appears to be purposely overselling their pre-order products and it's complemented by unfriendly customer policies. On the surface it appears to be shady business.

Common sense dictates that these rare amiibo pre-orders being available for 4+ weeks is wrong.  People probably shouldn't be buying from them for now.  I want to see if these June orders get filled.  It is amazing how we've sunk to the level of just throwing money at these International sites for orders that are months out, and then hoping for the best. 

It is amazing how we've sunk to the level of just throwing money at these International sites for orders that are months out, and then hoping for the best.
Probably not amazing (overused word anyways) but predictable. We've run out of options and there's lots of other cools stuff on there to turn to if it falls through. It's really not that big of a deal, so why stress over what others are doing with their money? I'd stop worrying about it and just see what happens.

Probably not amazing (overused word anyways) but predictable. We've run out of options and there's lots of other cools stuff on there to turn to if it falls through. It's really not that big of a deal, so why stress over what others are doing with their money? I'd stop worrying about it and just see what happens.
I have pre-orders with Yes-Asia that I am worried about. Why warn others about shady pre-orders? So that other people are warned about making the mistake of spending Paypal funds up front and also so they are aware they might be getting charged for goods they might never see, or get banned if they contest the charges.

That's what we do here. You know, have discussions regarding consumer gaming purchasing.

I have pre-orders with Yes-Asia that I am worried about. Why warn others about shady pre-orders?
So you do have pre-orders there? You just sound incredulous that anyone would even consider doing such a thing, so it definitely didn't sound like you do.

If you're disappointed with them so far and want to warn others in advance, that's cool. It just kind of seemed like you were bashing people that had done or considered it, which would be totally unnecessary xD

It's an extra six bucks. I'm not sweating it. If it get cancelled, whatever. All I know if it's a pain the butt camping nowinstock hoping to get in on a 3 minute preorder window.

Has anyone here actually managed to order Jigglypuff amiibo today? Puff's page is driving me insane with alerts. But every time I load it up, nothing appears to have changed. 

Has anyone here actually managed to order Jigglypuff amiibo today? Puff's page is driving me insane with alerts. But every time I load it up, nothing appears to have changed.
From what I've heard, no. Someone on NEOgaf claimed to get Wave 4 pre-orders in today but it was a singled out case if I heard right so it's likely a troll.

From what I've heard, no. Someone on NEOgaf claimed to get Wave 4 pre-orders in today but it was a singled out case if I heard right so it's likely a troll.
We spoke with the NeoGAF user who posted the images and while he wasn't able to provide us with further proof, he told us that he was sent the links before the pages could be found by searching. It is very likely that the pages should not have been live and should not have accepted orders so they'll get cancelled but that remains to be seen.

Or it could be fake. Who knows!

We spoke with the NeoGAF user who posted the images and while he wasn't able to provide us with further proof, he told us that he was sent the links before the pages could be found by searching. It is very likely that the pages should not have been live and should not have accepted orders so they'll get cancelled but that remains to be seen.

Thanks for the update. :)

On /r/Amiibo, most of the links are posted before they could be searched. They still can't be bought that way.

Wow, didn't think my mild-mannered question seemed like I needed to "calm down" at all -- was generally just curious, albeit emotionless. thanks for the repsonses though

Bingo!

Some people prefer to clarify their thoughts and may appreciate proper grammar and punctuation. To each their own, I guess. Thanks for the response either way though.
I didn't know my lmao wasn't mild-mannered. Stop reading so much into things.

I recently bought a new roku and tried to justify it by cancelling my pac man preorder from best buy.. It was $18. Like that would knock some of the money off. I justified it by saying I was finished with amiibos. I was on here the next day and bought a pit from macmall. Wish I hadn't cancelled that preorder. My thought process involved pac being an easy one to get anyway.. So why not cancel? I may have shot myself in the foot.

I recently bought a new roku and tried to justify it by cancelling my pac man preorder from best buy.. It was $18. Like that would knock some of the money off. I justified it by saying I was finished with amiibos. I was on here the next day and bought a pit from macmall. Wish I hadn't cancelled that preorder. My thought process involved pac being an easy one to get anyway.. So why not cancel? I may have shot myself in the foot.
Bruh. Amiibo > Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back