Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Do these things ever go on sale? Wondering if I should take the 20% GCU discount or wait. I just want a Toon Link, so nothing rare.
There was a 25% off sale on amiibo at Target recently (Amazon and Walmart pricematched), which would've made Toon Link 9.74 instead of 10.39 with GCU at BB. Otherwise, that's the lowest I've seen them go over the last few months.

Do these things ever go on sale? Wondering if I should take the 20% GCU discount or wait. I just want a Toon Link, so nothing rare.
They were on sale recently at Target for 25% off, and TRU and other stores occasionally have a 2 for $20 sale, though those are rare. Generally, sales are few and far between, and forget waiting for a sale to nab rares. Thats a ticket for failure.

In for Splatoon three pack. This is the OCD in me trying to get them all even though I don't want them. Damn amiibo addiction. Unfortunately I still need all the store exclusives.

In for Splatoon three pack. This is the OCD in me trying to get them all even though I don't want them. Damn amiibo addiction. Unfortunately I still need all the store exclusives.
That's why I'm drawing the line at the SMB line and gold mario. I'm sure there will be other lines which is why I don't want to collect them all.

I feel to be the only one that really is looking forward to Splatoon, regardless of the Amiibos. They are a nice extra, I really wish Nintendo didnt make these though, just felt like they locked content (challenge maps/costumes) behind them just to create more amiibos to sell to scalpers. The amiibo market is so crazy people are buying the stock of Splatoon amiibos without ever caring for the game.

I feel to be the only one that really is looking forward to Splatoon, regardless of the Amiibos. They are a nice extra, I really wish Nintendo didnt make these though, just felt like they locked content (challenge maps/costumes) behind them just to create more amiibos to sell to scalpers. The amiibo market is so crazy people are buying the stock of Splatoon amiibos without ever caring for the game.
Nope I bought my splatoon amiibos to open. I've been pumped about the game for a while. I hope it does well and the community on it stays Alive after launch. It sucks but at least they don't hinder he game at all. It's just for bonuses.

Splatoon promises to be a fun party game. But I'll tell you one thing that worries me...online multiplayer lag and glitches. While I mostly expect the experience to be smooth, it is a new IP...

Please iron out all the details before release, big N.

I wonder how it would do if Nintendo made a full blown Skylanders-style adventure, but designed by the people who made the Mario and Zelda games, where Amiibos would function as playable characters, like Skylanders and Disney Infinity.

Splatoon promises to be a fun party game. But I'll tell you one thing that worries me...online multiplayer lag and glitches. While I mostly expect the experience to be smooth, it is a new IP...
Please iron out all the details before release, big N.
I know but mario Kart has been really smooth in my experience so I have faith. The only thing I'm really not on board with was the idea to not include voice chat. And the development teams reason being it doesn't "fit" the game.

I wonder how it would do if Nintendo made a full blown Skylanders-style adventure, but designed by the people who made the Mario and Zelda games, where Amiibos would function as playable characters, like Skylanders and Disney Infinity.
Then it would ruin my NiB collection :(

I was thinking about this the other day and would love to see an action RPG like game based around Amiibo.

I know but mario Kart has been really smooth in my experience so I have faith. The only thing I'm really not on board with was the idea to not include voice chat. And the development teams reason being it doesn't "fit" the game.
Who wants voice chat for a first person shooter? I've only been using it regularly since Socom 2 on the ps2. It's not like the design of first person shooters is aided by coordination, strategy, or team work. Besides... there are people in the world who are mean. Would you want to risk speaking with one of these mean people? I know it frightens me to my core. I need to be shielded from mean people in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydXryVFgLoQ

I can't see myself buying Splatoon at launch.

The voice chat feature can easily be fix by playing with people in a teamspeak server or something. 

I can't see myself buying Splatoon at launch.

The voice chat feature can easily be fix by playing with people in a teamspeak server or something.
It can be. Buuuuuut...it's 2015 and I shouldn't have to have my PC running to facilitate voice chat. It should at least be an option for friends or something. I'd be surprised if it's not patched in.

I wish there was a Find Mii-style minimal game available as part of the Wii U and 3DS firmware that let you use the Amiibo in it. Something so every single Amiibo has some use to everyone.

Got the Splatoon 3 pack this morning SO happy!! Also got Ness from amazon UK..but just want to be sure of something, I pre ordered Charizard, Wario and now Ness from amazon UK, they will be shipped out at the end of April but here in the US they wont be released til May 29th so I obviously cant use them til they come out..and they will work right? I know silly question but just wanted to be sure..just need Pac-Man really want Pacman

Got the Splatoon 3 pack this morning SO happy!! Also got Ness from amazon UK..but just want to be sure of something, I pre ordered Charizard, Wario and now Ness from amazon UK, they will be shipped out at the end of April but here in the US they wont be released til May 29th so I obviously cant use them til they come out..and they will work right? I know silly question but just wanted to be sure..just need Pac-Man really want Pacman
I'm pretty sure they'll work for you. They're region free and I don't know that they've ever been time-locked.

I'm pretty sure they'll work for you. They're region free and I don't know that they've ever been time-locked.
And the only difference is the packaging? It looks the same for me online but I Guess they make it a tiny bit different..people have been pre ordering them like crazy today and I doubt they all live in the UK so they must know that it will work

And the only difference is the packaging? It looks the same for me online but I Guess they make it a tiny bit different..people have been pre ordering them like crazy today and I doubt they all live in the UK so they must know that it will work
Yeah theyre the same except slight differences in packaging.

Who wants voice chat for a first person shooter? I've only been using it regularly since Socom 2 on the ps2. It's not like the design of first person shooters is aided by coordination, strategy, or team work. Besides... there are people in the world who are mean. Would you want to risk speaking with one of these mean people? I know it frightens me to my core. I need to be shielded from mean people in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydXryVFgLoQ
These are the steps one must take to promote an "all ages" experience.

No amount of moderation, banning or user tools are going to solve the fact that as soon as you introduce voicechat you welcome in trash talking and that leads you to make the choice of cumbersome "Opt-in" systems or draconian moderation policies. Any time you waste on trying to implement this is time that doesn't go to some other element of the game design.

I don't like voice chat. I don't care for trash talking. I don't care for that entire scene.

Splatoon is NEVER going to have the userbase of Halo or Call of Duty, nor will it ever reach anywhere near that level of acceptance from mainstream gamers. As is, given the installed base numbers... any system that makes it less likely to hear some idiot going off on an obscenity laced tirade during an open game is a good thing.

Splatoon is going to need open games to be a things JUST so it doesn't become a dead multiplayer game. Taking a page from the PC realm, go look at Steam. There's HUNDREDS of games that can't even start an instance of a match because it can't round out the required number of people. That's a very real problem for all but the newest and most popular games.

It will very quickly get to a point where if you want to play online, you WILL have to play with strangers. I'd rather not hear them than potential gain a small strategic advantage.

If saves me the annoyance of tolerating fools and makes me feel that it's safe to let the kids actually sit down and play and not deal with idiots and perverts, that's a win.

Splatoon was never going to be Halo or Call of Duty, and anyone who was harboring any such thoughts was fooling themselves.

Yeah theyre the same except slight differences in packaging.
As long as they will work that is what matters..I Guess if they didnt work people from the US wouldnt be ordering them from amazon UK, I doubt Im the only one..except darn paid 16 bucks for Ness(They removed the shipping charge) considering getting Ness will be impossible to get here I guess its worth it

Walmart still has splatoon up, but I can't see myself getting them even just for myself... im starting to second guess my switch from closing the office to opening.. I am sleeping through all the preorder waves =[

As long as they will work that is what matters..I Guess if they didnt work people from the US wouldnt be ordering them from amazon UK, I doubt Im the only one..except darn paid 16 bucks for Ness(They removed the shipping charge) considering getting Ness will be impossible to get here I guess its worth it
Yeah, I'm an out of box collector myself, so sometimes importing is just the easiest way to go. Long as they look good, I'm happy.

Yeah, I'm an out of box collector myself, so sometimes importing is just the easiest way to go. Long as they look good, I'm happy.
As long as they work Im happy :) so would I have to wait til they are officially released here in order to use them? I dont mind I just want to do it right..if only I could get Pac-Man, Charizard, and Wario from the US I would cancel my amazon UK order(still waiting for pacman)

It must be nice to have free time to go to the store and pick these up but I suppose it's not as bad as those neckbeard a who sit in front of their comp and press F5 all day long. Some of us have jobs and we also have to travel outside of the states on buisness. It's not my fault that 9am Swiss time is 3am EST and that I happen to be on my phone on a train in Switzerland to log into Walmart.com and order these ever so easily without losing a second of sleep. Too easy. Now please excuse me as I have to go to the TRU here and pick up some amiibos for some CAG's that aren't as skillful at getting amiibos so I tend to help them out.
Good for you. You can easily afford buying any of them on Ebay with no hassle then since working is a much better use of your time.

As long as they work Im happy :) so would I have to wait til they are officially released here in order to use them? I dont mind I just want to do it right..if only I could get Pac-Man, Charizard, and Wario from the US I would cancel my amazon UK order(still waiting for pacman)
I personally haven't tried using one before it's NA release, but I'm willing to bet it'll work the day you get it. I don't think they patch the game per wave or anything.

I personally haven't tried using one before it's NA release, but I'm willing to bet it'll work the day you get it. I don't think they patch the game per wave or anything.
Pretty good evidence of this could be the Silver Mario that guy got from China.. worked in MP10 and unlocked everything it will end up unlocking when finally released.. or even announced

Like I've stated. You're on here 24/7, clearly stay up every night stalking websites, and have multiple POs in for all figures (to trade, right?).

Make sense? :)
More so multiples to prevent getting screwed due to shenanigans like I almost did at Gamestop in Wave 3. But yeah, anything extra I end up with goes for trade. But I dont pre-order with the intention of getting 2+ to trade, the only ones I have multiples for are the exclusives and Gold Mario.

Yeah I dont mind waiting til release date here in the US to use them, I just didnt want to get something that wouldn't work..its just weird how EU has them released a month before the US..Nintendo knew that getting hold of these amiibos would be tough and people would be ordering them from wherever they could get their hands on them so what gives with the different release dates

words of wisdom, if you got multiples just don't tell a few hours after a major pre-order window closed. wait like a week later. it's hard enough news to people that they missed the window, they don't want to hear about how people got multiples for a good cause.

anyways back on topic, i got my 4x lucinas today, best day of my life :D/ jk   :cool:

Good for you. You can easily afford buying any of them on Ebay with no hassle then since working is a much better use of your time.
The best use comes down to both time AND money, so I prefer to save both and will contine to demonstrate that rather than sacrifice one for the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back