Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its going to do well. The elementary aged children I work with are all buzzing about it also. Amiibos too but I really think the difficulty of finding them is waning on them.
I'm hoping they shift their strategyr from artificial scarcity to at least you have a chance once all the waves are out. Theyve shown they can produce enough with their flagship characters like Mario, Yoshi, and Peach. Sure it rocks having sellouts in minutes, but once the 50 Smash pieces are released, and they get no more income from them, they ought to consider making them more widely available.

I don't know why they didn't bundle Amiibo(s) with S.T.E.A.M. (It also doesn't help that the name is the same as the PC game service... Nintendo and their stupid names. )

Left a neutral message on the GS feedback site. Got the generic email:

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us concerning your interest in purchasing the Wave 4 Amiibo characters line. Though our store associates worked hard to make a good launch day happen, we understand the issues surrounding this release diminished your experience, and we apologize for this. We are very sorry to inform you that due to the high demand for these items, we are unable to fulfill additional requests for Wave 4 Amiibo characters.

We apologize for any frustration this has caused. If you have additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to respond to this email.

Have a wonderful day,

Your friends at GameStop.com

I think its going to do well. The elementary aged children I work with are all buzzing about it also. Amiibos too but I really think the difficulty of finding them is waning on them.
My friends and I are buzzing about Splatoon too. We are in our 30s. I think it genuinely could do well, and it will help that Amiibo supplies appear to be higher for Splatoon than for the smash series. Except for 3 packs.

Left a neutral message on the GS feedback site. Got the generic email:
We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us concerning your interest in purchasing the Wave 4 Amiibo characters line. Though our store associates worked hard to make a good launch day happen, we understand the issues surrounding this release diminished your experience, and we apologize for this. We are very sorry to inform you that due to the high demand for these items, we are unable to fulfill additional requests for Wave 4 Amiibo characters.

We apologize for any frustration this has caused. If you have additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to respond to this email.

Have a wonderful day,
Your friends at GameStop.com
I also left neutral feedback and got the exact same message.

how much is that Jigglypuff in US dollars
I'm guessing it was 13,99 which would be $15 US (not a bad price) Shipping to the US kills it though as I think it ends up costing almost as much as the figure itself. It's better to order multiple figures at the same time to at least cut down on cost per figure.

I'm guessing it was 13,99 which would be $15 US (not a bad price) Shipping to the US kills it though as I think it ends up costing almost as much as the figure itself. It's better to order multiple figures at the same time to at least cut down on cost per figure.
Yeah 15 bucks for Jigglypuff sounds like a good price but your right, the shipping probably kills any kind of decent deal it would have been

3 pack Splatoon up at Best Buy.
$35!? Seriously, WTF? Those must be some awesome missions and items.....

...... and didn't all you fanboys swear Nintendo would never lock "major" (w/e the fuck that even means) content behind amiibos? Because new missions sure sounds like a major gameplay element to me....

This may just make me skip Splatoon altogether..... or at least wait for it to hit >$20. If I'm not getting all the content why should I be asked to pay a full $60?

Last edited:

...... and didn't all you fanboys swear Nintendo would never lock "major" (w/e the fuck that even means) content behind amiibos? Because new missions sure sounds like a major gameplay element to me....

This may just make me skip Splatoon altogether..... or at least wait for it to hit >$20. If I'm not getting all the content why should I be asked to pay a full $60?
you can buy them seperately except for the green one.

lets see... 1 amiibo costs roughly $12. If you multiply $12 by 3....thats........ this much ($36). seems reasonable. Algebra 1 starts in the fall at your local community college

Do you make the same argument with DLC? I can't remember the last time I have seen a game released with the full content.

you can buy them seperately except for the green one.

lets see... 1 amiibo costs roughly $12. If you multiply $12 by 3....thats........ this much ($36). seems reasonable. Algebra 1 starts in the fall at your local community college
I am aware of the pricing smartass. I am also aware that the amiibo's priced that highly in SSB actually make use of the memory to train fighters and whatnot. Even if that is something that could still be done digitally it at least makes an iota of sense as a figurine because you can interact with them (however minor that interaction may be). From what I've read (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the Splatoon amiibos are nothing more than Day 1 DLC in an overpriced plastic package.... basically unlocking bonuses and missions the same way that Mario Kart 8 treats amiibos, except this time it isn't a tacked on afterthought.

`

I guess I just don't see why (apart from being a quick and lazy cash grab) this game has amiibos at all.

Do you make the same argument with DLC? I can't remember the last time I have seen a game released with the full content.
Depends on the situation, but anything like this.... hell yes. But at least most other games that pull that crap don't take too long to drop in price so (in my eyes anyways) it evens out a bit. Then again I bet Splatoon won't stay too high for too long so I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Ive never bought anything from amazon DE before..I have bought from amazon UK are they similar in shipping costs?
No problem. First, go to amazon.de and add any in-stock amiibo to your cart. From there you're going to want to go through checkout process as if you were purchasing the item but don't hit the 'submit order' button on the final step. On that final page you can see the total cost with shipping to you!

Is there anything else I can assist you with today, <lakerfanalways>?

I am also aware that the amiibo's priced that highly in SSB actually make use of the memory to train fighters and whatnot. Even if that is something that could still be done digitally it at least makes an iota of sense as a figurine because you can interact with them (however minor that interaction may be). From what I've read (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the Splatoon amiibos are nothing more than Day 1 DLC in an overpriced plastic package.... basically unlocking bonuses and missions the same way that Mario Kart 8 treats amiibos, except this time it isn't a tacked on afterthought.
Every amiibo has the ability to be read and be written to. The Splatoon amiibos will have the same functionality as every other amiibo. As of right now, they may only feature certain support, but that can be expanded upon by Nintendo. So you're wrong.

No problem. First, go to amazon.de and add any in-stock amiibo to your cart. From there you're going to want to go through checkout process as if you were purchasing the item but don't hit the 'submit order' button on the final step. On that final page you can see the total cost with shipping to you!

Is there anything else I can assist you with today, <lakerfanalways>?
Thanks for the info..is there a way to translate the site because I can't even register on it since I can't understand the language..at least with amazon UK its in English with amazon de I have to guess what Im clicking LOL..do they ship to the US?

Every amiibo has the ability to be read and be written to. The Splatoon amiibos will have the same functionality as every other amiibo. As of right now, they may only feature certain support, but that can be expanded upon by Nintendo. So you're wrong.
Great, so I should pay $35 because there is a chance that one day they may be used to their full potential. Sounds genius to me!

I ask again: Why do these even exist?

Thanks for the info..is there a way to translate the site because I can't even register on it since I can't understand the language..at least with amazon UK its in English with amazon de I have to guess what Im clicking LOL..do they ship to the US?
I've never used amazon.de specifically but I've used others, if it's like them you shouldn't have to register again. Your amazon.com account should work fine.... if you change payment options or passwords or something on one it should impact your account on all the amazon sites.

Last edited:
Great, so I should pay $35 because there is a chance that one day they may be used to their full potential. Sounds genius to me!
I don't give a shit what you do. I was just pointing out you were wrong, per your request.

Ignore him. He always does this to derail. Hes set in his ways so its pointless to have a conversation with him because nothing you say will change his mind. He doesn't like amiibo so he only comes here to stir the pot.

I don't give a shit what you do. I was just pointing out you were wrong, per your request.
You didn't point out anything relevant though. Just because Nintendo MIGHT (but probably won't, this is a new franchise after all) make full use of these amiibo's the same way SSB does doesn't justify shit until they actually do it, and it certainly doesn't make me wrong (again, until they actually do it). The whole point I'm trying to make is that this is that this is the same kind of BS people constantly bitch about Capcom/EA or whoever for doing.

There's no reason for this content to be locked behind a $35 amiibo set aside from greed, pure and simple.

Last edited:
Chrome will translate for you. The international Amazon sites use the same account as Amazon.com. They do ship to the U.S., I've ordered a handful of Amiibos from the various Amazon sites and they usually come in great shape. Only had an issue with Villager, but I opened him anyways.

You didn't point out anything relevant though. Just because Nintendo MIGHT (but probably won't, this is a new franchise after all) make full use of these amiibo's the same way SSB does doesn't justify shit until they actually do it, and it certainly doesn't make me wrong (again, until they actually do it). The whole point I'm trying to make is that this is that this is the same kind of BS people constantly bitch about Capcom/EA or whoever for doing.

There's no reason for this content to be locked behind a $35 amiibo set aside from greed, pure and simple.
Just shut up and go somewhere else. If you don't want the three pack of Splatoon Amiibos then don't buy them. Nintendo isn't forcing you to buy them and no one cares if you like them or not.

Chrome will translate for you. The international Amazon sites use the same account as Amazon.com. They do ship to the U.S., I've ordered a handful of Amiibos from the various Amazon sites and they usually come in great shape. Only had an issue with Villager, but I opened him anyways.
Thanks I already linked my amazon account to amazon DE..I assume the amiibos from them are the same as amiibos from amazon UK, no difference between the two of them..I hope Jigglypuff shows up again I will try getting hold of it(Also want Robin and Lucina) since I really doubt I will be able to get one from Target

He's not wrong...I'm amazed how many people are defending this.

$35 for day 1 DLC for an unproven franchise...that's insane.  I'm absolutely skipping out on supporting this.

I was really hoping Amiibos wouldn't just become expensive DLC, and I really did enjoy Amiibo training in Smash...but $35 for 3 figures from a new franchise...Nope.  It's cool to be able to use some figures in multiple games, such as Shulk, the Fire Emblem and Mario characters...but how many will Splatoon characters work with?  This is absurd.

I wonder if some people will ever understand that 99% of the idea behind collecting Amiibo is for the figures themselves and not because of their "in-game functionality.

I wonder if some people will ever understand that 99% of the idea behind collecting Amiibo is for the figures themselves and not because of their "in-game functionality.
Sounds like Nintendo doesn't. The DLC missions are on the figures only, no other option but to buy the figure if you want the content.

In comparison 35 dollars for extra missions that reward outfits for in game use is not really that bad compared to so many other games. You are getting outfits that is pretty much it. It is for prole who want to add a few neat outfits to their character.

Evolve 60 bucks with another 30 for basically more characters.

Mortal kombat adds four characters for 25 one of which is Tanya whom you fight in story mode.

The amiibo are physical items that just add some bonuses to your character. If that bothers you don't buy them or don't buy the game.

My god you can't even get close to 100% in any skylanders game without purchasing 200 to 300 dollars worth of figures.

These amiibos are toys that add something small to games. If that bothers you then these amiibos aren't for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back