Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
People bitched that amiibo didnt do much in game to be worth 12.99. When they do something in game the same people bitch that they "have" to spend 12.99.

Just leave them be. Nothing will make amiibo worth the price in their eyes.

People bitched that amiibo didnt do much in game to be worth 12.99. When they do something in game the same people bitch that they "have" to spend 12.99.

Just leave them be. Nothing will make amiibo worth the price in their eyes.
Who are these "people" you're talking about? I am perfectly happy with how they work for Smash. Being able to train a fighter, and then take them to friends houses to fight has been awesome. It's absolutely extended the amount of time I play the game by myself as well.

My complaint is that the Splatoon Amiibo are locking up actual gameplay with no alternative to get it any other way. Especially the 20 challenges that are limited to the Squid only in the 3 pack. Amiibos can be absolutely worth it, I own 30+ of the Smash ones and have enjoyed them. The Splatoon Amiibo set a pretty bad precedence for future content being locked.

So .65 cents per mission.
HAHAHAHA! I love how the other guy is arguing that "it isn't content", and then you are arguing that it is content, but at a "good price". We'll see how much gameplay is actually in the little missions, but if it's only a 4 or 5 minute little mission that you'll never replay...that doesn't seem like a good deal.

Day one disk locked content is ok if nintendo does it apparently. Lol!
That seems to be the gist of it...which is honestly just sad. I love Nintendo...I've had a Wii U for a while now with 20+ games for it, as well as a New 3DS that I bought on launch. I've got 30+ Amiibos, Wave 4 preordered, and plan on finishing the Smash amiibos. Splatoon locking content behind Amiibos absolutely pisses me off and is not a good sign for the future. Can't wait to see sword upgrades in the next Zelda game locked behind new Amiibo.

HAHAHAHA! I love how the other guy is arguing that "it isn't content", and then you are arguing that it is content, but at a "good price". We'll see how much gameplay is actually in the little missions, but if it's only a 4 or 5 minute little mission that you'll never replay...that doesn't seem like a good deal.
No. I'm not saying if it is or isn't content because I have no idea. You clearly think it is content so I broke it down.

No. I'm not saying if it is or isn't content because I have no idea. You clearly think it is content so I broke it down.
Even worse. You have no idea what you're paying for, you can't even decide if it's content or not! Why are you supporting this? I can't wait to see sword upgrades locked behind new amiibo in the next zelda game...Mario power ups that let you access alternate levels locked behind amiibos...this isn't a good thing.

I'm not. I just dont care that much.

Btw even if what you say comes true at least your smash amiibo will work!

Also if these missions aren't content then doesn't that make you happy?

Who are these "people" you're talking about? I am perfectly happy with how they work for Smash. Being able to train a fighter, and then take them to friends houses to fight has been awesome. It's absolutely extended the amount of time I play the game by myself as well.

My complaint is that the Splatoon Amiibo are locking up actual gameplay with no alternative to get it any other way. Especially the 20 challenges that are limited to the Squid only in the 3 pack. Amiibos can be absolutely worth it, I own 30+ of the Smash ones and have enjoyed them. The Splatoon Amiibo set a pretty bad precedence for future content being locked.
Summed it up better than I did, thanks. I wasn't crazy about amiibo's in smash but they made sense in that context. I have no idea what they did in Mario Party, and I didn't mind the stuff that was obviously tacked on after the fact like MK8 skins, but this is going to far.

I'm not. I just dont care that much.

Btw even if what you say comes true at least your smash amiibo will work!

Also if these missions aren't content then doesn't that make you happy?
LOL just couldn't take your own advice I see ..........Until I play the demo, I'm not buying anything for this game, Nintendo will learn that people like amiibo but don't have to purchase everyone rarity or not

So about these Amiibo and not throwing $#!T around at each other- Individual Splatoon characters are still up at Walmart, surprised they have been up this long. 

Speaking of Splatoon (Even thou I wish the conversation was about Yarn Yoshi cute self) whats your view on the voice chat feature............Do you feel like it needed? Do you care? Does it turn you off on the game alitte? DO YOU THINK THIS GAME WOULD BE BETTER ON N3DS?

Speaking of Splatoon (Even thou I wish the conversation was about Yarn Yoshi cute self) whats your view on the voice chat feature............Do you feel like it needed? Do you care? Does it turn you off on the game alitte? DO YOU THINK THIS GAME WOULD BE BETTER ON N3DS?
This is a team based shooter isn't it? Voice chat is a must. It's absence is a joke, and it's like Nintendo is going out of there way to make me not want this game.

And at the risk of sounding like a hypocrite I've gotta get one of those Yarn Yoshi's. I couldn't care less what it does as an amiibo (though I know it is supposed to work with SSB :) ) but it looks amazing, definitely have to display one somewhere.

Last edited:
This is a team based shooter isn't it? Voice chat is a must. It's absence is a joke, and it's like Nintendo is going out of there way to make me not want this game.

And at the risk of sounding like a hypocrite I've gotta get one of those Yarn Yoshi's. I couldn't care less what it does as an amiibo (though I know it is supposed to work with SSB :) ) but it looks amazing, definitely have to display one somewhere.
Lets be honest YARN YOSHI is to cute for any amiibo hunter to pass up (the game too) I want it for myself but the fact that my wife would want one for her work desk, My daughter would sleep with it and probably suck on it (9 months old guys). THIS IS A DAY 1....DAY 0 BUY FOR ME, can't wait!!

Lets be honest YARN YOSHI is to cute for any amiibo hunter to pass up (the game too) I want it for myself but the fact that my wife would want one for her work desk, My daughter would sleep with it and probably suck on it (9 months old guys). THIS IS A DAY 1....DAY 0 BUY FOR ME, can't wait!!
I'm probably in a very small minority here, but I like the look of the splatoon figures so I'll probably get those, but I have no interest in yarn yoshi. I guess I'm a pretty heartless amiibo hunter.

I'm probably in a very small minority here, but I like the look of the splatoon figures so I'll probably get those, but I have no interest in yarn yoshi. I guess I'm a pretty heartless amiibo hunter.
Yup your heartless, actually there a small group that don't like them because technically they don't have a base but the fact you want splatoon over them is interesting

I'm gonna have to hunt long and hard to find a yarn yoshi for my collection that isn't all "frizzy." Preorders aren't gonna help me at all there. And such a beast may not even exist in the wild. Please, please let these be common. 

While I do want the Splatoon amiibo, I'm only buying as a 3-pack and only with GCU. They're not as nice as the SSB line, and I am a CAG. Besides, the squid is the best looking one of the three anyway. Wish they had a single squid. :(

I'm gonna have to hunt long and hard to find a yarn yoshi for my collection that isn't all "frizzy." Preorders aren't gonna help me at all there. And such a beast may not even exist in the wild. Please, please let these be common.

While I do want the Splatoon amiibo, I'm only buying as a 3-pack and only with GCU. They're not as nice as the SSB line, and I am a CAG. Besides, the squid is the best looking one of the three anyway. Wish they had a single squid. :(
It did bum me out that the squid wasn't on its own because that would have been the first one I bought! BTW, Pacman is available from Walmart CA currently http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/pac-man-amiibo/6000192949777

Summed it up better than I did, thanks. I wasn't crazy about amiibo's in smash but they made sense in that context. I have no idea what they did in Mario Party, and I didn't mind the stuff that was obviously tacked on after the fact like MK8 skins, but this is going to far.
well with their new partnership with that awful cell phone company and the fact most of their games the past 5-6 years have been 10hrs or less, they have been moving towards a microtransaction heavy, low cost build, sell the name not the game type business model, most of their games are crap and knowing their are too many hardcore fanboys that will buy anything nintendo because nintendo told them too, they wont stop. they are slowly building up their customer base buy selling the games that are locked with amiibos at cheaper prices but added the amiibos to play the full game, its a start towards customers to ease them in to this practice by them not noticing, it will just get worse with less game and more figures to play a mediocre game that will cost you over a 100$ just to play the original you thought you bought in the first place, the first big cell phone audience target is the two pokemon games that are free to play but geared towards the pay to play model, best wise up soon as to not support this crap, better off moving on to another platform with nintendo being a maybe if i feel like i will play or something

YARN YOSHIIII!!!! :bouncy:

If it's just deathmatch, every person for themselves, then voice chat isn't needed. However, this looks heavily focused on teams. Without voice chat, it's just goofing around, which is fine for some, but for serious, competitive players, they won't play it for long. Not including it is the biggest mistake since having a crappy ending for Mass Effect 3, which sent the otherwise stellar game into bargain bins a few months after release. The same may happen here.

As for 3DS, I don't think it would be better, but it would be nice to see it on that system. They'd probably need to make modifications, such as smaller stages, but I think it would work well.

So about these Amiibo and not throwing $#!T around at each other- Individual Splatoon characters are still up at Walmart, surprised they have been up this long.
Everyone wants the triple pack, and there's a feeling that the singles (perhaps all three configurations) are going to be common.

Everyone wants the triple pack, and there's a feeling that the singles (perhaps all three configurations) are going to be common.
Which makes me kind of sad. I personally prefer the uniform singles (makes displaying boxed collections easier), but since they included a unique amiibo in the 3-pack, NOA will probably look at the numbers and say "oh, people must like the 3 packs better than the singles" and start re-releasing 3-pack sets because Nintendo.

Guess that'd be fine for non-boxed collectors, but a headache for those who had ot have every variant out there. I'm somewhere in the middle I guess.

Which makes me kind of sad. I personally prefer the uniform singles (makes displaying boxed collections easier), but since they included a unique amiibo in the 3-pack, NOA will probably look at the numbers and say "oh, people must like the 3 packs better than the singles" and start re-releasing 3-pack sets because Nintendo.

Guess that'd be fine for non-boxed collectors, but a headache for those who had ot have every variant out there. I'm somewhere in the middle I guess.
I'd prefer a 3 pack honestly. Getting a discount for buying all 3 is rather nice.

Do they charge now or when it ships?
When it ships I believe. They may put a placeholder on the card to make sure funds are valid.

I wouldn't worry about the green one, IMO. I think he'll be common here in the US.
So far nothing about wave 4 and onward has been common. Not since scalpers and slickdeals have gotten into the Amiibo game. I see people here locally (Tampa Bay area) posting Sheik, Sonic, Mega Man, and Kirby all the time on CL for $8+ over MSRP...these can still be found at almost every store I go to around here.

All depends on if you're willing to wait. :)

When it ships I believe. They may put a placeholder on the card to make sure funds are valid.

So far nothing about wave 4 and onward has been common. Not since scalpers and slickdeals have gotten into the Amiibo game. I see people here locally (Tampa Bay area) posting Sheik, Sonic, Mega Man, and Kirby all the time on CL for $8+ over MSRP...these can still be found at almost every store I go to around here.

You will always find idiots trying to sell an SSB Mario for $25 or more..... doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things though.

Thanks for the info and link. I put an order in. Hopefully I find one stateside or on amazon UK

Ermagerd gonna explode with endless Splatoon and 'bundle' news. It's their new highly advertised IP, don't think those figs are going anywhere anytime soon.

Think these reprints (Marth, MK....Shulk?) are going to be on preorder or will it be like throwing feed to a pack of frenzied hungry hogs?

Ermagerd gonna explode with endless Splatoon and 'bundle' news. It's their new highly advertised IP, don't think those figs are going anywhere anytime soon.

Think these reprints (Marth, MK....Shulk?) are going to be on preorder or will it be like throwing feed to a pack of frenzied hungry hogs?
From what I've read a lot of these "reprints" are to make up for people who ordered at GS and such back from January/February and still have not received their orders. Not really sure or confident that they will be for everyone. I also saw that GS has Dedede with a 7/1/15 release date now. http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/king-dedede-amiibo-figure/118957

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back