Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, looks like I need to make a friend in Canada....

Amiibos for my US netflix account? (If that's possible lol.)

Canada do have exclusives to so that wrong
Want to try that again in English?

I'm an idiot.
Last I checked Canada was part of north America. Oh Mexico is too.
It's like dealing with children around here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiibo#Release

Scroll down to "Exclusives". Hey look. Half of them don't have the same exclusivity that we have in America. Yet we have the same packaging on all of North American amiibo boxes hence why they are all "NA amiibos" and not "US amiibos".

Want to try that again in English?

It's like dealing with children around here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiibo#Release

Scroll down to "Exclusives". Hey look. Half of them don't have the same exclusivity that we have in America. Yet we have the same packaging on all of North American amiibo boxes hence why they are all "NA amiibos" and not "US amiibos".
Lol. The only ones that didnt have the same exclusive wast Target because target canada waa gone before rosalina release.

Eb games is game stop in Canada. I'm pretty sure gold mario was Wal-Mart canada exclusive as well so sorry dude you are incorrect. Know what you're talking about before calling others names.

Lol. The only ones that didnt have the same exclusive wast Target because target canada waa gone before rosalina release.

Eb games is game stop in Canada. I'm pretty sure gold mario was Wal-Mart canada exclusive as well so sorry dude you are incorrect. Know what you're talking about before calling others names.
Nah, TRU and Amazon both had Gold Marios in Canada.

So out of all of them only one wasn't exclusive and that was gold mario. You can't count jigglypuff and rosalina because there is no target in Canada.

no retailer in Canada deliver to us addresses not even Amazon Canada
Are you referring to Amiibos or in general, because that's certainly not true about Amazon Canada delivering to the US if you're talking about everything. I've ordered quite a number of DVDs and Blu-Rays from Amazon.ca.

No he had changed what I said, so I did the same for him.

Honestly it was a simple question and he had to insult me. Which he got incorrect anyway.
same thing here telling me to speak English which I said what I said plain and clear as even you could see so you ain't the only one. I was just correcting with the right information also trying to help fellow cags from getting false info.

He just got caught being wrong and instead of just saying "oops my bad" he wants to stomp his feet and insult others that weren't doing anything but asking a simple question

Just got a NIS alert for Robin and somehow sneaked in an order. Wooo! (until they cancel it at least)
Geez I missed it again :( damn it and I was online too, but I left the room for a few minutes..will keep on refreshing..again..do you do this on mobile or directly on the walmart.com site

Geez I missed it again :( damn it and I was online too, but I left the room for a few minutes..will keep on refreshing..again..do you do this on mobile or directly on the walmart.com site
I was just hanging here playing AC Black Flag and had my NIS up in Chrome and was already logged into Walmart.com so I could power through and not have to worry about signing in/credit card info

Is anyone else annoyed by the Line app's advertisements? I hear the ding, get excited, and see it's just Line sending me something about emojis.

Any way to turn those messages off??

Definitely not true. I battled with ordering Lucina and Robin for probably 5-10 minutes before getting an order in.

Wario, Charizard and PacMan were available well into the night.
They issued a correction about 2 hours later. Oh, and thanks for letting us know about this AFTER it was all over.

I wonder, if Nintendo released these so there were enough to go around, and therefore the only people buying them were the ones who planned on using them for their intended purpose, would these be a flop, saleswise?

Is anyone else annoyed by the Line app's advertisements? I hear the ding, get excited, and see it's just Line sending me something about emojis.

Any way to turn those messages off??
I think I was able to mute the Line channels. (kinda like the Amiibo chat). Turned Notifications Off inside the actual channel (or message)

I wonder, if Nintendo released these so there were enough to go around, and therefore the only people buying them were the ones who planned on using them for their intended purpose, would these be a flop, saleswise?
You mean if Nintendo released every figure to be commons like Mario and Peach? Here's my thought. If Nintendo chooses to make a bunch of every amiibo, then it will effectively take away three kinds of buyers in the current market. The Scalpers, the people who bought amiibos only after January due to hype and rarity, and the people who buys extras to trade. These 3 category of buyers probably represents the vast majority of the current buyers in the market for amiibos. There are very few I met that were original amiibo adopters prior to all the hype and only buys one of each figure for themselves. So if Nintendo decided to restock all the rare figures and make them common. The scalpers and hype driven buyers will drop out immediately. The others will buy just 1 instead of 3 or 4 to trade. Thus will result in tons of amiibos sitting on store shelves unsold, which Nintendo hates. This essentially causes a dilema for Nintendo. I think Nintendo has done the research on this, thus they're being very careful with restocks and will trickle them out very slowly. They won't make enough to meet demand because more than half of the current demand is fake to began with. Those demand will instantly dissappear if Nintendo decide to make all amiibos easy to obtain. As much many on here hates it, Nintendo loves the fact that there are tons of people currently buying amiibos that wouldn't have originally (scalpers and hype driven buyers).

Nintendo is just underproducing them because they are a bunch of cheap assholes. It's no secret that they are frugal in their manufacturing of products whether we are talking games, accessories or specialty software like these amiibos. They're terrified in this case they will make too much and be stuck with them so they go the cautious (and cheap) route of minimal production to ensure they'll never be over. But ultimately it's just because they're cheap...always have been with everything they've made.

I called a toysrus near me and asked if they are going to do the in-store pre-order for greninja

and she said "we don't do that any more. you have to wait until it actually comes out."

was I not supposed to ask the question as the info is not open to public? or the preorder not include some of the stores?

^Basically that. Yes amiibos are popular but just like most "popular" items, it's only selling b/c it's popular and rare. You take that away and people are no longer interested. Yes you'll have those people that just love collecting them but others will see no need to anymore.

This happened with Beenie Babies, rare LEGO's, Simpsons toys, etc. Whenever a company decides to actually stock the product, people lose interest. It's a basic business practice to limit certain items knowing it will drive sales of other items.

Nintendo is just underproducing them because they are a bunch of cheap assholes. It's no secret that they are frugal in their manufacturing of products whether we are talking games, accessories or specialty software like these amiibos. They're terrified in this case they will make too much and be stuck with them so they go the cautious (and cheap) route of minimal production to ensure they'll never be over. But ultimately it's just because they're cheap...always have been with everything they've made.
If that was the case than other countries wouldn't have an abundance of amiibos. Yes, Nintendo of America is dealing with a production problem but if anything that helps their cause.

We think Nintendo is losing something here yet amiibos sell out pre-orders, sell out day one, people purchase multiples, people buy entire sets, etc. Nintendo isn't losing a dim on toys that cost $2 at the most to make.

A game store in South Jersey (not my normal go-to game store) was selling all of their amiibos (read: common amiibos) for $20. Madness.

I tried checking out a variety of other retro game stores today, but it's like your barber.. if it's not the one you always go to, it just ain't right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back