Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're in RDU, don't bother with Cary, NC. I got there at 7:45 and was 14th in line. They have 10 each of Pac-Man and Greninja.

To echo the five million others who have said it - I really want to quit this amiibo thing now. It's bullshit. I've gotten every single amiibo so far at MSRP but I can't catch a break this wave.

something just doesn't seem right with this wave.  With Lucario there was at least a couple of weeks it was available for pre-order and my local store had at least 30 pre-order cards (that I saw).  

This wave the web site sold out in minutes and each store is only getting 10 pre-order cards?  

Either Nintendo is purposely cutting production on these or store are not pre-selling the full inventory like the previous waves.

If you're in RDU, don't bother with Cary, NC. I got there at 7:45 and was 14th in line. They have 10 each of Pac-Man and Greninja.

To echo the five million others who have said it - I really want to quit this amiibo thing now. It's bullshit. I've gotten every single amiibo so far at MSRP but I can't catch a break this wave.
At the time I was at the Cary Crossroads store, I was also 14th in line. I saw on /r/amiibo that the TRU at Westgate Mall in Durham had 9 pre orders, with only 6 in line.

I was fortunate in that even with the drive, I was 7th. There's nine here now, but I'm rooting for you!

I decided this weekend to pitch it in. I'm 28/29 (DDD got cancelled, and couldn't find one in-store/online). The challenge used to be fun, but it's become a lottery at this point. It's frustrating that Nintendo continues to hype a product they don't seem interested in making reasonably available to its fans. The good news is, I'll have some nice disposable income once I get rid of my collection!

At the time I was at the Cary Crossroads store, I was also 14th in line. I saw on /r/amiibo that the TRU at Westgate Mall in Durham had 9 pre orders, with only 6 in line.
I was fortunate in that even with the drive, I was 7th. There's nine here now, but I'm rooting for you!
A few people in line mentioned you and we all figured the drive would kill your chances. Glad to hear it worked out. I'm just going to wait it out and see how release day goes. I think so many people will try to resell Wave 4 that prices will bottom out fast. I'm hoping I can pick up most of the wave at $30 each or less. If not I'm just selling my collection and dropping out.

Port Richey, FL store was a bust.  Got there at 6am and there were already 12 people on line. By the time they handed out tickets at 8:30 there were 19 people and when I noticed the employee's hands were shaking, I knew it would be bad news.  They had only 9 Greninjas so more than half of the line had to go home empty handed (no one wanted the Pac's)

Pembroke Pines sold out already. They opened early just to get rid of the line. They had 20 available, employees took two and #18 in line got there at 6:45. I strolled up at 8:30 only to see the employee taking the sign down and tell me the bad news...

that's why you ship first class. $2.59 or $2.76 using online postage
that doesn't include any insurance though. I always insure everything that I ship, but I also pay for priority shipping. I've seen too many first class items just get crushed in transit.

Nothing pisses off a seller like filing a damaged item claim when they didn't pay for insurance.

Not sure how many people were in TRU lobby. I arrived at 8:45 and was told no more Grenier but still had PM. Already have PM so headed home to work. Exchanged info with a guy to possibly trade. Lobby smelled of body oder and cigarettes. There is a guy in there sleeping on a sleeping bag. He really looks homeless.

Not sure how many people were in TRU lobby. I arrived at 8:45 and was told no more Grenier but still had PM. Already have PM so headed home to work. Exchanged info with a guy to possibly trade. Lobby smelled of body oder and cigarettes. There is a guy in there sleeping on a sleeping bag. He really looks homeless.
Which location did you go to?

Got to my store at 8, two hours before opening, already had 35 people in line for a store that, last night, told me they will have 20 pre-order cards.

I have an extra Pit or Captain Falcon if anyone has a Green Ninja.

[quote name="gftgrill" post="12662767" timestamp="1430139476"]that doesn't include any insurance though. I always insure everything that I ship, but I also pay for priority shipping. I've seen too many first class items just get crushed in transit.

Nothing pisses off a seller like filing a damaged item claim when they didn't pay for insurance.[/quote]

Ship first class and then insure with u-pic.com. $1 per $100 insured. Use them all the time and a lot of eBayers have good things to say about them.

that doesn't include any insurance though. I always insure everything that I ship, but I also pay for priority shipping. I've seen too many first class items just get crushed in transit.

Nothing pisses off a seller like filing a damaged item claim when they didn't pay for insurance.
Don't trust USPS? If I can I ship First Class because it's the cheapest. Also the one time I did ship Priority Mail Express it was 3 days late, suppose to be overnight.

A few people in line mentioned you and we all figured the drive would kill your chances. Glad to hear it worked out. I'm just going to wait it out and see how release day goes. I think so many people will try to resell Wave 4 that prices will bottom out fast. I'm hoping I can pick up most of the wave at $30 each or less. If not I'm just selling my collection and dropping out.
It was definitely a gamble when I left. I still don't know how many figures Cary actually has, just that I knew how many Westgate had (confirmed from the store manager) and that not all were claimed at 7:15 EDT.

I agree with you in that I think reseller prices will decrease. Too many resellers will lead to a glut of supply (of course, they may stubbornly refuse to lower prices).

I still wish you luck! If not today, on release day on May 29th!

How many more from Smash are left, including Mewtwo and Lucas?
R.O.B., Falco, Mr. game and Watch and Duck Hunt. So 6 I believe once wave 5 and 6 get released in July-September. There are 51 including Mii Fighters plus the 2 dlc coming. Mii fighters more than likely won't get Amiibos

I suppose I should state my location. Overland Park, KS and according to one of the guys inline that works here the Olathe, Ks location is full too.

I thought about paying homeless people to stand in line years ago, but a problem arises when it is a high priced item and they walk away with your cash. Ticket buyers have been doing it for decades.

Called my local TRU first thing this morning and they said they did not receive a single Greninja.

Then again, this is the TRU with moss growing on the side of the building so it's partially green instead of solid white. I really wouldn't be surprised if the associate was being honest and they didn't receive any. I have a feeling the store will be closed down within a year, sadly.

Got to my TRU at 8:10 (10 am open) and all 9 of 9 were spoken for already. This is getting out of hand. After the Gamestop fiasco, I'm getting close to my limit with this.

I thought about paying homeless people to stand in line years ago, but a problem arises when it is a high priced item and they walk away with your cash. Ticket buyers have been doing it for decades.
Who actually gives them money for the product? Isn't it common sense to pay them to wait than 10 minutes before the store opens you get in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back