Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone get into their Target accounts?  I checked my Paypal account this morning and I have a balance of 27.54 (when my balance is usually $0 and card use draws from my bank account).  Looking into it, I found this:

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25447]

I've been trying for an hour to get into my Target account to check the status and it keeps erroring out.

Target pushes authorizations on a regular basis. Since you use PayPal, they allocate the money, stays pending and then refund it. Circle repeats once a week or so till your item ships

Can anyone get into their Target accounts? I checked my Paypal account this morning and I have a balance of 27.54 (when my balance is usually $0 and card use draws from my bank account). Looking into it, I found this:

I've been trying for an hour to get into my Target account to check the status and it keeps erroring out.
"Contact the merchant for more information."

This is not the first report of a Target issue today, don't worry. You are not alone.

Today is starting to be an awesome day. Not only did my gamestop have marth but they also had ike, holy crap. I just got blessed by the amiibo gods lol. They only had one of each in.

Target pushes authorizations on a regular basis. Since you use PayPal, they allocate the money, stays pending and then refund it. Circle repeats once a week or so till your item ships
Yeah, and usually it immediately reauthorizes. This is the first time I've seen a cancelled transfer with the balance of the hold refunded.

"Contact the merchant for more information."

This is not the first report of a Target issue today, don't worry. You are not alone.
Hopefully it's just a glitch. Ugh...

Gamestops around me (the ones that didn't get stock yesterday) are still receiving shipments of 2 Marth, and X Ike per store (just enough to fill old pre-orders) again this morning.  So keep your eyes on the Marth locator and call right away if you still need one.

There is a Marth Amiibo about 4 miles away from me (I'm at work) and they are doing first come/first serve no hold via phone.  My wife is working until 12:45 e.s.t.  I am going to cry for a minute. 

Mine updated as the store opened, they had 2 but apparently there was a line. People must be hounding the emps for inventory beforehand and camping these. What the heck, no chance >.< Either that or it's hush hush they're already spoken for

Looks like every store is only getting shipments for pre-orders from over a year ago (or a few months). Anyone who got them, seems like they were either someone elses pre-orders or just random 1 - 2 of each allocated to specific Nintendo stores.

No one is answering the phone at my closest one and it says low stock... debating if I should make a 10min drive there, even though it's been low stock for over a hour now...

The stock tracker shows 2 stores near me with Marth in stock. I called both stores and they always they sold out this morning. Shenanigans? Isn't the stock thing live?

I got to my store at open to get my Ike preorder. Shipment was slated for 11:30 am so I waited around. The store ended up getting two Marth and four Ike. Pretty sure all the Ike were for preorders. There was definitely not any preorders for Marth so any stores feeding people that line are lying. I got one Marth and my preordered Ike. The other Marth was being forwarded to a different GS store.

Got a cancellation from YesAsia this morning for two Villagers, which is great because I've been lazy in canceling the order myself. Although I'm pretty much out of the game, I hold some hope of my Ness/Robin/Lucina YesAsia order shipping, because that's the only store from where I've been able to secure the three.

Marths are coming in stock and going straight to 'on hold' at all the GS stores in my area.  Many employees are also fibbing about them being pre-orders for customers.  Things are not looking good for people who are still trying to score one from GS.  People caught wind of what was happening yesterday and were able to preemptively get today's stock reserved from last night, and the employees are holding them for their friends/customers.

Just in case someone here beat me to Polaris Mall in Columbus dang nabbit. Called Westerville and a very nice employee offered to save Marth w/o me asking. While picking up asked about Ike and got one. Thank you CAG and GS associate that will receive a glowing customer survey. I want Greninja so if someone wants to trade inbox me. Sld have 2 Jigglypuffs as well

Just in case someone here beat me to Polaris Mall in Columbus dang nabbit. Called Westerville and a very nice employee offered to save Marth w/o me asking. While picking up asked about Ike and got one. Thank you CAG and GS associate that will receive a glowing customer survey. I want Greninja so if someone wants to trade inbox me. Sld have 2 Jigglypuffs as well
So you got Marth to trade him? :drool:

and 2 Jigglypuff's when you're supposed to get only one?

you're part of the problem.

Woke up to this received at 6:30am EST, one of the first people to order, first day, first set. Credit Card. Only thing I can think of is the place holder date.

[attachment=14332:puff.png]

Marths are coming in stock and going straight to 'on hold' at all the GS stores in my area. Many employees are also fibbing about them being pre-orders for customers. Things are not looking good for people who are still trying to score one from GS. People caught wind of what was happening yesterday and were able to preemptively get today's stock reserved from last night, and the employees are holding them for their friends/customers.
Well I can say for the one store that I was able to get an marth and ike from, all the employees were extremly helpful. I called yesterday and wasn't told any lies. They actually told me when the ups shipment was coming in the next day and when I should stop bye. Came in today and both were on the pegs. The employee even told me he didn't even have one. But I wouldnt be surprised if some gamestops are being shady tho.

if anyone snags an extra marth i can send msrp +shipping, the store near me has them 'on hold' after telling me on the phone they couldnt hold them for anyone frackin gamestop scum

Does each store do the updates at whatever time they choose? Stores near me were definitely disappearing from the list at different times yesterday as the day went on.
AFAIK it is updated when a purchase is made. My GameStop held a Pit amiibo for me awhile back and I was told to come in FIRST thing in the morning to get it. I overslept and got many calls from the manager saying to please come in to buy it so it would no longer in their system and showing as available(Low Stock) online. There is a store near me that has Marth showing "Low Stock" online, but a call later and I was told there are none. I believe some stores are holding them for employees. I understand why they would do that, but at that point don't put the item into the system until a few minutes before the employee is able to purchase it. Saves everyone a lot of time and trouble!

Yeah, when the quantity is sold, gone is exits the system almost immediately.  When it says 'low stock' and they tell you they have none, they are holding them.

Not sure, but I think it might have a small delay in update for stock inventory or updates at a certain time of the day.  Me and another guy bought a Marth each.  They had received 2 Marth and 3 Ike figures when the employee opened the box.  When I got home it still showed as low stock, but about 30mins-1hr later it was removed from the list.  

Still they could be feeding manure to you about not having it.

well it pays to help your local gamestop. Manager txted me this morning he was getting marth in and then held one for me. Stopped at my lunch break and picked it up. Manager is a big amiibo guy so i have helped him in the past which he returned the favor.

For those of you who rely solely on the tracker -- sometimes stores will immediately put a highly desired item like Marth as "defective" so it disappears from the tracker to reduce the amount of phone calls they get about it.  I know a few stores in my district do this and its how I missed Marth yesterday by a few minutes (they said they had him but it was first come first serve).  It's usually a technique done when items for pre-orders come in so they don't show up as available "low stock" online, but its also what I would've done as a store manager to reduce phone calls for an item that is guaranteed to sell when I've got low staff #'s for a mid-week day like today. They just square it away at the time of the sale so their shrink isn't off.

So you may luck out calling your "regular" store even if they don't say they have stock.  (And yes, I realize the irony of me posting about this will cause said stores to likely get more calls)

I called a couple of stores. First said they were 'spoken for' as I'm sure 80% of these are. When I asked the second I got a, "...Yeaahhh...which one are you looking for?" He said I had to be there by 1 or it's going on the shelf. Held it for me but that kindness is reaaally hit or miss, ymmv. Seems like it's up to how their day is going/jerk level of customers on these, and not any kind of policy.  Said he was getting tons of calls yesterday so the rabidness is really ramping up. Nothing new though, gl.

Got me a Marth after Google trolled the fuck out of me.  I searched for "Lewisburg Gamestop" earlier to get the phone number and somehow it gave me Lewisburg WV instead of PA where I am.  Called the number it gave me and had them hold one for me.  Guy in the store I went to (PA) was confused as hell when I said they were holding me one.  That was an awkward call down the WV store, being in the wrong state and all.

They called down to another GS for me and they had 2 not being held.  Rushed down for one so either way, I got one, Im happy.  Wasted about 4 gallons of gas in the process but oh well.

Some Marths showed up this morning in SJ area, all gone now, they must be getting like 1-2 per store. One store took my info down and will call me if they get more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back